03-07-2006, 09:31 PM
:suicide: :puke: :suicide:

Not really much else to say.

zag
03-07-2006, 09:34 PM
:thumbdown

Fireball Kid
03-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Lets try and rid this game out of our hearts and minds as if it never happened.

NorCal_Pacerfan
03-07-2006, 09:35 PM
I missed the game. Looks like we fell apart in the fourth. What the bleep happened?

How was Tins?

Jermaniac
03-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Easily the 2nd worst game of the season. Flat out pathetic. They came out and thought someone would lay down for the all mighty Pacers, wrong. You just got your asses kicked. And tomorrow you got to play one of the hottest teams in the NBA, and dont have a home game for a weak. Good luck guys, you really came out today and made a statement.

How could I forget my best friend Rick Carlisle. Fred Jones cant catch the ball and damn well couldnt shoot it, but he gets to start the 4th qtr when we need points the most over the best shooter in the world. I'm sick and tired of his damn set rotations, why cant he be a damn coach and ride the players that are playing good, I'm tired of knowing when everyone is coming out.

Ragnar
03-07-2006, 09:38 PM
We started out bad and got worse as the game went on.

Tins looked a little slow but I am sure in a game or two he will be back in form. He had a nice drive to the hoop and a ncie three. Harrison was not ready for one of his passes and that was ashame because it was a beauty.

P.S. why is it we cant beat ****ty teams with Jalen Rose on them?

gilpdawg
03-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Tinsley looked good. Ugly game. It happens. Sometimes you come out flat.

rexnom
03-07-2006, 09:42 PM
P.S. why is it we cant beat ****ty teams with Jalen Rose on them?

Curse of the Rose-ino?

N8R
03-07-2006, 09:42 PM
CA-CHING. Way to go KNICKS!!!!!!! I assume the Pacers played a really bad game in order for my Knicks to even have a chance. Oh well a win for the knicks is still a win for the knicks

Jermaniac
03-07-2006, 09:43 PM
I missed the game. Looks like we fell apart in the fourth. What the bleep happened?

How was Tins?Better then Sarunas

bulletproof
03-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Our front court (Foster & Pollard) disappeared.

GO!!!!!
03-07-2006, 09:47 PM
the second worse loss of the season hands down

back to the cheerleader threads i go....

Jermaniac
Pollard was getting killed by Curry, and the 7 shots he took BLEHHHHHHH

Suaveness
Our defense has gotten worse.

Kegboy
I can't find the thread where I told Rat to slap Rick if he ever played Eddie at the 3 again, but I did find this.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17191&highlight=Gill+3

The Gill talk needs to end. That was just because Fred was out and we needed to rest guys. We'll never see him at 3 again.

:innocent:

Outlaw
03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
15 of our 27 losses have come to losing teams.... :blush: But hey let's look on the :sunshine: side.:innocent:

Jermaniac
03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Our defense has gotten worse.Agreed, the Knicks got any shot they wanted. WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many wide open lay ups.

It actually sucked tonight that Indy Toad wasnt there I would have loved to read his posts tonight.

Unclebuck
03-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Knicks played great and the Pacers played bad. Not much else to say about the game tonight.

One thing that does concern me though is the Pacers perimeter defense. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. But the Knicks really went to whoever Peja or Saras were guarding. That is how they got all those wide open threes.

Knicks sure have some talent, and their defense tonight was even decent

I'm very, very, very, VERY worried about the number of games that are upcoming, the team is starting to wear down and I have a very bad feeling about what is coming.

Spicoli
03-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Well the way we've been playing at home recently, I'm kind of glad the next 3 games are on the road. We're about to find out over the course of the next 3 weeks what this team is made of.

Most important stretch of the season.

Kegboy
03-07-2006, 09:55 PM
But I really dont want to read one comment about the playoffs

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/NFL/77_Mora2_AP_WilfredoLee.JPG

:-p

Evan_The_Dude
03-07-2006, 09:59 PM
The Gill talk needs to end. That was just because Fred was out and we needed to rest guys. We'll never see him at 3 again.

http://www.goldtouchinc.com/images/OhNo.jpg

Kegboy
03-07-2006, 10:00 PM
I dont get it :confused:

I was going to do a "VA Speaks" tonight and just have a bunch of those puking smilies, but I dont think its even worth that.

I figured you wouldn't. Mora is to "playoffs" as AI is to "practice".

piksi
03-07-2006, 10:01 PM
One thing I couldn't understand

You cut the lead to 3 at the end of 3rd - then You go with the second unit in the 4th.

Isn't it logical to go with Your best 5 and try to win the game. 12 minutes won't kill any of them. You can rest them during timeouts. ?

I don't know exactly what is Your situation in the standings. Can You just afford to waste games like this ?

Outlaw
03-07-2006, 10:02 PM
http://www.goldtouchinc.com/images/OhNo.jpg

:laugh:

rexnom
03-07-2006, 10:02 PM
One thing I will say is that this team could completely fall apart now. It would be really easy to. And the excuse is there: injuries. If we get through March (until JO comes back) with a winning record and play well I think we'll be a tough play in the playoffs. If we fall apart then we might as well give up now. Crucial stretch. Guys can't give up. Guys can't let this poor stretch get to them. It's only been one terrible loss. We could have gone 0-4 the last four games. We went 2-2 with one loss by one point. It is not too late. The guys have to stick together.

p.s. Pollard is getting to banged up, I think. Anybody have any news on Croshere? Any front-court help would be great.

Unclebuck
03-07-2006, 10:05 PM
One thing I couldn't understand

You cut the lead to 3 at the end of 3rd - then You go with the second unit in the 4th.

Isn't it logical to go with Your best 5 and try to win the game. 12 minutes won't kill any of them. You can rest them during timeouts. ?

I don't know exactly what is Your situation in the standings. Can You just afford to waste games like this ?

Do you want them to do that every game, because that same exact argument can be made in every game played. No you have to use your bench, if you lose you lose. Plus the Pacers bench has been a big reason why the pacers played well in February.

One other thing, I hope everyone realizes one huge reason why the Pacers played so well over the past 6 weeks is because of the very light schedule, I hate to repeat myself, but that factor (the number of games played over a stretch of days) is often overlooked and yet is usually perhaps the most important factor in wins and losses. Especially when you have a team that is a little talent poor and needs to play extremely hard to win.

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 10:13 PM
A bad loss, oh well. This team isn't collapsing.

Slick Pinkham
03-07-2006, 10:14 PM
:thepacers :buttkick: :knicks:

Have they missed an outside shot yet, contested or not?

Q? Crawford? Marbury? Francis?

One of those freakish shooting performances. Sure the energy on D was low and lots of guys were off. But the Knicks don't play that well, almost ever.

I'm not going to get too worried, yet.

UGLY.

:sad:

piksi
03-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Do you want them to do that every game, because that same exact argument can be made in every game played. No you have to use your bench, if you lose you lose. Plus the Pacers bench has been a big reason why the pacers played well in February.

One other thing, I hope everyone realizes one huge reason why the Pacers played so well over the past 6 weeks is because of the very light schedule, I hate to repeat myself, but that factor (the number of games played over a stretch of days) is often overlooked and yet is usually perhaps the most important factor in wins and losses. Especially when you have a team that is a little talent poor and needs to play extremely hard to win.

I am all for playing bench but there are moments where You have to realize what it would take to win.

Pistons do it every night, Suns play their main guys heavy minutes, so do the Mavs, Heat, Sixsers, Cavs etc.
Kings when they were good played 8 man rotation with main guys getting 40+.
Being 12 deep doesn't mean playing 12 guys each game

Unclebuck
03-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Pistons do it every night, Suns play their main guys heavy minutes, so do the Mavs, Heat, Sixsers, Cavs etc.
Kings when they were good played 8 man rotation with main guys getting 40+.
Being 12 deep doesn't mean playing 12 guys each game

All those teams play their starters to begin the 4th quarter ?

Maybe I don't understand your point.

piksi
03-07-2006, 10:23 PM
All those teams play their starters to begin the 4th quarter ?

Maybe I don't understand your point.

All those teams play their best players with the game on the line

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 10:25 PM

Yes but our starters aren't much better than our bench, if at all....

grace
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Pollard is getting to banged up, I think. Anybody have any news on Croshere? Any front-court help would be great.

Pollard's feet are bad so I don't expect much out of him for the rest of the season. As for Austin, Quinn said he looks better "You can see it in his eyes." I think Al said it would be at least another week before he came back. In other words he'll be back when he's back and not a moment sooner.

piksi
03-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes but our starters aren't much better than our bench, if at all....

yes, they are

denyfizle
wow i must be one of the luckiest Pacer fans alive for missing this game.

rm1369
I didn't like taking out Jax when he was hot at the end of the 3rd and letting him rot on the bench. He pours in 9 points in a few minute span of the 3rd, he's pulled and dosen't score again. I also didn't understand the use of AJ, Saras, and Tinsley - Saras played way to many minutes when it was obvious his shot was off and he couldn't guard anybody. I figured JT wasn't going to play and AJ had to have a rest. So why does Jamal play when the game wasn't decided yet? He doesn't play in the 1st three quarters but comes in when you have time for one last push or the games over? I don't understand.

Not the reasons they lost but I just didn't understand them at the time or now.

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 10:35 PM
yes, they are

Eh, sometimes.

MagicRat
03-07-2006, 10:39 PM
I can't find the thread where I told Rat to slap Rick if he ever played Eddie at the 3 again...
I doubt I could've gotten to Rick, but I probably could've/should've slapped somebody from the Knicks tonight...........
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/pacersknicks1.jpg

Unclebuck
03-07-2006, 10:40 PM

OK, but is the game on the line at the start of the 4th. When is the game not on the line. I think every minute is very important, and it is always on the line.

Besides all this, the Pacers are not built like the Pistons. Pacers don't have the caliber of starting 5 as the Pistons. Plus many Pacers fans think DG and DH are better than Scot and Jeff.

Kegboy
03-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I doubt I could've gotten to Rick, but I probably could've/should've slapped somebody from the Knicks tonight...........

Another 4-for-1 night, I take it?

piksi
03-07-2006, 10:47 PM
OK, but is the game on the line at the start of the 4th. When is the game not on the line. I think every minute is very important, and it is always on the line.

Besides all this, the Pacers are not built like the Pistons. Pacers don't have the caliber of starting 5 as the Pistons. Plus many Pacers fans think DG and DH are better than Scot and Jeff.

I don't know your team that well. I just assumed that that starter are the best availible at the moment

I can only speak in general. I don't think that anybody has won much with "set rotations." I don't know what You best lineup is but I know that the one from the begining of the 4th quarter isn't. I also know that a bench player should never get a chance to be 0-8 from the field.

grace
03-07-2006, 10:49 PM

Do the Pacers ever win a game when you're not sitting in your regularly assigned seats? :tap:

In other words I'm looking for someone to blame besides the Pacers.

MagicRat
03-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Another 4-for-1 night, I take it?

:thumbsup:

I got to see that debacle up close and personal.

Of course the biggest disappointment of the night was not getting invited to Peck's party.........:cry:

MagicRat
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I miss guys like Artest....

Man, if you read the letters to the editor in the latest Slam magazine you'd never, ever think about missing Artest.......

DisplacedKnick
03-07-2006, 11:19 PM
I'll chime in a little. Because I'm happy. :D

Anyway, we played the best game I've seen us play this year. The energy was really there, we did some good things on both sides of the ball (though we gave you too many open looks in the 1st half) and when we got up we put our feet on your throats and didn't let go.

Mostly, we out-energied you in the 2nd half. I thought we were outplayed in the 2nd but managed to keep it close but outplayed you in the 3rd and you managed to keep it close. But when we went up 9 in the 4th and you gave up your offense it ended.

IF I was going to blame someone for you losing, it would be Peja. The reason is, on several 2nd half possessions he got a step on whoever was guarding him - Q or Crawford - and didn't pull the trigger. Now I'm not saying you win, but if he shoots and scores 35 you have a shot.

Secondly, your biggest mismatch the first half was Frye trying to cover Granger. You had the same opportunity in the 2nd half and never did anything with it.

Ultimately though, you played bad and we played good. I could go into more detail (and did Nate Robinson hook up with a Pacemate - he was sure checking them out, and joking with the ballkid) and did on the Knick board but it's late and I work for a living.

And now I guess I'll have to get a ticket for April.

And WTF was Marbury doing looking at me while David Lee was shooting FT's the last 30 seconds? He kept glancing my way out of the corner of his eye and no cute girls were there - heck, hardly anyone was left.

McClintic Sphere
03-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Our perimeter D was just dreadful tonight. The Knicks did hit some pure slop, but that is their game. We could not drop any wide open 3's in the 2nd half, we must have missed like 5 or 6. Worst part was I had some idiotic Knicks fan sitting behind me saying, "and 1, and 1" every freaking time they scored, which was like every time down the court in the 4th. Didn't matter if there wasn't a Pacer within 5 feet of the bastage when he shot the ball, it was "oh yeah, and 1, and 1". Strangulation became a growing option towards the end.

Hicks
03-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I can't find the thread where I told Rat to slap Rick if he ever played Eddie at the 3 again, but I did find this.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17191&highlight=Gill+3

:innocent:

I don't think Gill was the 3.

grace
03-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I'll chime in a little. Because I'm happy. :D

Anyway, we played the best game I've seen us play this year.

IF I was going to blame someone for you losing, it would be Peja.

They played well because I said they are inept, but if you want to blame the loss on Peja that's O.K. too.

18to88
03-08-2006, 12:33 AM
The really bad news tonight isn't the Pacers lost to the Knicks, it's that Isiah Thomas at IU... http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=359467#post359467

CableKC
03-08-2006, 02:01 AM
I think that Zeke is on a mission to destroy Indiana Sports as you know it.

After he takes out the Hoosiers......I betcha that he will set his eyes on the Colts head coaching position.

D-BONE
03-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Post-trade that's losses to Atlanta and NYK at home. I know the Knicks played great and sometimes teams just have off nights or letdowns. But I still find myself at the conclusion that a home loss to a 16-43 team in the middle of a playoff chase in completely unacceptable. Pretty much negates a successful road trip and any momentum we had IMO. Guess we'll see how we respond w/ 3 more on the road. Hopefully T-Mac's back will keep him out again tonight!

RWB
03-08-2006, 08:18 AM
The really bad news tonight isn't the Pacers lost to the Knicks, it's that Isiah Thomas at IU... http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=359467#post359467

Thanks for the link. Can't wait to call my son at Purdue. I bet there's going to be some extra partying up there. Of course like there needs to be an excuse for college students anyway.

DisplacedKnick
03-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Post-trade that's losses to Atlanta and NYK at home. I know the Knicks played great and sometimes teams just have off nights or letdowns. But I still find myself at the conclusion that a home loss to a 16-43 team in the middle of a playoff chase in completely unacceptable. Pretty much negates a successful road trip and any momentum we had IMO. Guess we'll see how we respond w/ 3 more on the road. Hopefully T-Mac's back will keep him out again tonight!

It's the oldest line in the book, "We're better than our record."

It's also a crock because we really aren't. However, "Our talent is better than our record" is true. And last night we played closer to that talent level than I've seen this year.

And you helped us. We've blown a LOT of late leads but right when it was 88-74 (don't remember how much time there was left) the Pacers seemed to throw in the towel.

I remember thinking when the Exodus startedwith about 5 minutes left, "Gee, you guys haven't followed the Knicks like I have." But it ended up being safe and we didn't lose our focus.

Kegboy
03-08-2006, 08:52 AM
I don't think Gill was the 3.
1 - Tinsley
2 - Cabbage
3 - Gill
4 - Jones
5 - Granger

Offensively, we played a 4 Out, with Granger the screener, Tinsley initiating the offense, Cabbage camped out at the elbow extended, and Gill and Jones primary cutters, with them settling at the corner and box, respectively. If you want to get technical, at one point Granger was the 4 and Fred was the 5, as seen below.

http://www.cybersportsusa.com/hooptactics/offense/passinggame/4outIntroA.gif

On defense, Gill's primary assignment was the inside wing, who I believe was Jalen, with Woods on the perimeter.

ChicagoJ
03-08-2006, 06:19 PM
1 - Tinsley
2 - Cabbage
3 - Gill
4 - Jones
5 - Granger

Offensively, we played a 4 Out, with Granger the screener, Tinsley initiating the offense, Cabbage camped out at the elbow extended, and Gill and Jones primary cutters, with them settling at the corner and box, respectively. If you want to get technical, at one point Granger was the 4 and Fred was the 5, as seen below.

http://www.cybersportsusa.com/hooptactics/offense/passinggame/4outIntroA.gif

On defense, Gill's primary assignment was the inside wing, who I believe was Jalen, with Woods on the perimeter.

Nice. I'm jealous. Where'd you get the picture?