PDA

View Full Version : Why Hasnít Peja Been More Involved In Clutch?

rexnom
03-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I don't understand it either. It's not like Peja has tried and failed. He just isn't given the ball. Ridiculous. Just horrible play calling. Rick better solve this and soon.

bulldog
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Why did he sit on the bench the whole 4th quarter against the sixers?

Maybe it's because Carslisle is waiting for him to learn the sets since he likes to control the game late with playcalling. However, I'd think that at this point he'd have figured out how to stand on one side of the court while Jax isos.

D-BONE
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Hmm. His lack of involvement in the 4th in general is curious. I can only surmise that RC is playing matchups or defensively. Peja is better than advertised on D, but far from being a stopper. Still think he would be a logical presence late in the game though.

Anthem
03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Because he's not a clutch player?

bulldog
03-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Because he's not a clutch player?

He's so un-clutch he is utterly worthless throughout the entire 4th quarter of a regular season game?

Now, he's no Horry, but his reputation for being a poor clutch player is greatly exagerated cause he played on that horribly un-clutch, so close so many times Kings team. I agree, however, that he isn't the guy you want taking a big shot in the playoffs unless it's wide-open or a free throw.

But, I do remember that he's had big defensive clutch plays, including key stops when Finley tried to iso him in the playoffs a few years back.

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Fred Jones

Anthem
03-07-2006, 09:18 PM
He's so un-clutch he is utterly worthless throughout the entire 4th quarter of a regular season game?

Now, he's no Horry, but his reputation for being a poor clutch player is greatly exagerated cause he played on that horribly un-clutch, so close so many times Kings team. I agree, however, that he isn't the guy you want taking a big shot in the playoffs unless it's wide-open or a free throw.

But, I do remember that he's had big defensive clutch plays, including key stops when Finley tried to iso him in the playoffs a few years back.
Don't bring logic into this discussion! My snappy one-liner was in response to the title question, not the subsequent discussion! :D

How about this for a snappy one-liner: Danny Granger.

bulldog
03-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Don't bring logic into this discussion! My snappy one-liner was in response to the title question, not the subsequent discussion! :D

How about this for a snappy one-liner: Danny Granger.

I can't yell at Carslisle, so I have to take it out on random people over the internet. That's why we're all here, right? :)

bulletproof
03-08-2006, 03:19 PM
If Peja's not involved late in the game because of Rick, then Bird needs to talk to him. If it's Jax, then honestly, I've had it with him. Rid this team of all me-first players. I don't have the patience for it anymore.

PacerMan
03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Teams start to actually play defense in the 4th quarter.
He's also obviously much more of a target for defenses with Jermaine out.