PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: The Pacemates Need Your Help! Daily Updates

BigMac
03-07-2006, 05:33 PM
:boomer: :boomer: I received this email from a friend of mine that received the below message from a cheerleader he knows. She is asking for support and I figured what better place to do this than here-where Pacers fans come together.

It is a vote for your favorite NBA Dance Team. We're going up against the Wiz. This is, I believe, today only for this contest. If we win, we go up against a new team. Come on now. Let's get together and beat the Wiz! After you have voted, please bump this thread to keep it at the top so we help the Pacemates continue in their quest for the championship of NBA Dance Teams! Hicks, can you postie this until tomorrow morning if we lose and if our Dance Team wins, please keep it posted.

P.S. I'm the one that put the X's in the Email addresses and phone numbers to protect privacy and protect the below enties from spam.

<HR tabIndex=-1 align=center width="100%" SIZE=2>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:24 PM
To: XXX (Everybody)
Subject: Pacemates Need Your Support<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
All <o:p></o:p>
NBA.com has launched a Big Dance Bracket, which allows fans to vote for their favorite dance team in an NCAA-style tournament. The Pacemates are matched up today against the Washington Wizards dancers, and need your support to advance.<o:p></o:p>
The link below will take you to the page where you can cast your vote. Be sure to show your support for the best dance team in the NBA.<o:p></o:p>
http://www.nba.com/features/dance_east1_was-v-ind.html (http://www.nba.com/features/dance_east1_was-v-ind.html)<o:p></o:p>
Conrad Brunner
Internet Marketing Director
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX FAX: XXX-XXX-XXXX
E-Mail: XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
www.pacers.com
www.wnba.com/fever
www.consecofieldhouse.com <o:p></o:p>
<!--http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/0506_email_banner.gif (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/)-->

Mourning
03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I voted for the Pacemates, but in all honesty... those Wizzard "chickies" are definitely hotter looking in my opinion.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Moses
03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
I voted for the Pacemates, but in all honesty... those Wizzard "chickies" are definitely hotter looking in my opinion.

Regards,

I know..I was looking at the pictures and it really was tough for me not to vote for them. They just showed more skin. :-o

Roy Munson
03-07-2006, 05:54 PM
The title of this thread says "URGENT:". Do you really think this is an "URGENT" matter?

In my mind, "URGENT" suggests an emergency of some type, that there might be some impending danger if quick action isn't taken.

This rates about as far from "URGENT" as anything I can imagine.

Mourning
03-07-2006, 06:09 PM
This is VERY "URGENT" there are only a few hours left to vote and our "gals" are behind!!! So, how could this NOT be urgent, dammit!?? :shudder:

Pacesetter
03-07-2006, 06:28 PM
I voted, the Pacemates are now at 49%.

This should definitely be a "sticky!"

Moses
03-07-2006, 06:38 PM
If it comes down to a NOK vs Pacemates championship, I'm going to have to go with NOK.

http://www.nba.com/media/nok_dan_600x400.jpg

YOWZERS!

GO!!!!!
03-07-2006, 06:44 PM
where was the office warning, jeeessshh talk about work, what work

I don't mind the urgent msg, he included Pacemates in title so take urgent anyway you like it, not misleading to me it an't

where was I, ohh yeah Hornets Basketball... yeahhhh niceeeee

Mourning
03-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I fancy brunettes more then blondes, so no NO for moi! :-p

pacers31tc
03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
52% to 48% right now, our lead. Good luck Pacemates!

GO!!!!!
03-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Ahhh Curumba Clog man, one can't be fussy over there in cheeseland, there would be more Blondes then Brunettes there anyway wouden't there, and like ya can tell in the middle of the winter, it's all beanies and red noses an't it..

I think it's time for an un-offical dance off thread....

Thanks for voting!

Which of these dance teams should advance to the next round?

Pacemates

52%
Wizards Dance Team

48%

Washington vs. Indiana

pacers31tc
03-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Dude I have no idea what you just said, but whatever it was, I'm pretty sure you're right. Blondes and brunettes galore.

18to88
03-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Blazers cheerleaders are getting killed by the Dallas cheerleaders which I can't totally agree with.

grace
03-07-2006, 07:25 PM
I know none of you would notice this, but the Wizards dancers sure have some UGLY shoes.

Moses
03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
I know none of you would notice this, but the Wizards dancers sure have some UGLY shoes.
What feet? :laugh:

I'm only looking at the ankles up. :D

Mourning
03-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Ahhh Curumba Clog man, one can't be fussy over there in cheeseland

Cheeseland??? Oi!!! :finger: :security: :whip2:

there would be more Blondes then Brunettes there anyway wouden't there, and like ya can tell in the middle of the winter, it's all beanies and red noses an't it..

Hmmm... used to be more blondes, but it's getting more even now with globalization and all :D :D :D.

Regards,

Mourning
03-07-2006, 08:49 PM
What feet? :laugh:

I'm only looking at the ankles up. :D

You disgusting pervert!!! It's your kind of guys that give all the other "normal" guys a bad name! :geezer:

:whistle:

;)

Regards,

Kegboy
03-07-2006, 09:00 PM
I wasn't going to vote due to being insulted by BigMac's grammar lesson. Then Munson flipped out over the use of "Urgent", so I went ahead and voted.

In other words, I hate you all. :flirt:

BigMac
03-07-2006, 11:38 PM
The title of this thread says "URGENT:". Do you really think this is an "URGENT" matter?

In my mind, "URGENT" suggests an emergency of some type, that there might be some impending danger if quick action isn't taken.

This rates about as far from "URGENT" as anything I can imagine.

No offense, Roy, but this is a freakin' NBA teams fans Message Board. This definitely qualifies as "urgent".

If it were life threatening, no offense please, but I think I would have to go somewhere else to post. I know that there are sometimes issues outside of basketball that need to be posted or discussed by posters but for us that take this board as a fun experience I believe that posting a head-to-head competition of votes for the Pacers Dance Squad is more than appropriate. Also, when I started this, we were down 62-38% and now we hold a 58-42 advantage. Pretty good Pacers fans!!!!!!

Keep it up if you have not already posted. We need to do this for the next round (assuming we win).

BigMac
03-07-2006, 11:44 PM
I wasn't going to vote due to being insulted by BigMac's grammar lesson. Then Munson flipped out over the use of "Urgent", so I went ahead and voted.

In other words, I hate you all. :flirt:

They're you go again on another one of your rants! Your gonna some day be sorry. I two believe that Munson flipped out over nothing. Maybe their will be a day when his too cents mean something (frustrating, isn't it?).

:tip:

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 11:46 PM
They're you go again on another one of your rants! Your gonna some day be sorry. I two believe that Munson flipped out over nothing. Maybe their will be a day when his too cents mean something (frustrating, isn't it?).

:dead:

Kegboy
03-07-2006, 11:48 PM

Not really, because I read phonetically, but dude, Graham Mernatsi is SO gonna kick your ***!

:peek:

BigMac
03-07-2006, 11:50 PM

Hopefully you saw the humor in what I wrote?

Don't want to offend anyone by having someone think that I was threatening someone or dising someone but rather just poking fun at the words their, they're, there, too, two, to, and your, you're, etc.

Just trying to lighten the mood, especially after such a great game that was played this evening at Conseco between the Knicks and those guys wearing the Pacers uniforms.

BigMac
03-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Not really, because I read phonetically, but dude, Graham Mernatsi is SO gonna kick your ***!

:peek:

:-o

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Hopefully you saw the humor in what I wrote?

Don't want to offend anyone by having someone think that I was threatening someone or dising someone but rather just poking fun at the words their, they're, there, too, two, to, and your, you're, etc.

Just trying to lighten the mood, especially after such a great game that was played this evening at Conseco between the Knicks and those guys wearing the Pacers uniforms.

Of course, that's why I :dead:

You know, how people act pained when confronted with puns.... :)

:fight: probably would have Ben best.

(heh)

BigMac
03-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Of course, that's why I :dead:

You know, how people act pained when confronted with puns.... :)

:fight: probably would have Ben best.

(heh)

Excellent. Thanks.

:buddies:

rel
03-08-2006, 12:15 AM
wow...18to88, that avatar is disturbing

:)

EDIT...nevermind, you changed it

Raskolnikov
03-08-2006, 02:42 AM
<TABLE width=281><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width="100%">Pacemates
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pollBar width="49%">
</TD><TD> 58%
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left width="100%">Wizards Dance Team
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pollBar width="35%">
</TD><TD> 42%
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

18to88
03-08-2006, 03:08 AM
<table width="281"><tbody><tr><td align="left" width="100%">Pacemates
</td></tr><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="pollBar" width="49%">
</td><td> 58%
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td align="left" width="100%">Wizards Dance Team
</td></tr><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="pollBar" width="35%">
</td><td> 42%
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Damn!, they were down this afternoon. Hope it keeps up.

CableKC
03-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Dude.....the Wiz Cheerleaders aren't that impressive. Ewww....

RWB
03-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Good job Mac, it appears the Pacers move on to the next round. Can you believe the Pacemates could be facing Detroit next.

BayouPacer
03-08-2006, 10:08 AM
What ever happened to our good old autoclicker....we use to scew polls like no other?

grace
03-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Can you believe the Pacemates could be facing Detroit next.

I don't know who any self respecting dance team is supposed to compete with a swim suit calendar.

I'm thinking ESPN must be running the nba.com poll. Why? It's March 8th and you can't vote in the polls that say March 8th. :rolleyes:

Raskolnikov
03-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Pacemates advance to second round! :woot:

http://www.nba.com/features/dance_east1_was-v-ind.html

sweabs
03-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Haha - the Miami VS Charlotte matchup wasn't even fair.

Mourning
03-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Dude.....the Wiz Cheerleaders aren't that impressive. Ewww....

Ok I admit I only looked at that one photo. Seen their team on the Wizards page and I aggree with you, except Buffy, she's yummmie :drool:

Mourning
03-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Checking out some of the other "contending" teams. I can see Phoenix, Houston, Miami or Orlando winning it.

Kegboy
03-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Haha - the Miami VS Charlotte matchup wasn't even fair.

Yeah, what's up with Charlotte getting thrown to the wolves while Toronto gets a bye. That's bull. NY, Utah, they deserve byes, but no way freakin' Canadians get a bye over Miami. That's like making Hofstra a #1 seed in the NCAA's. Ludicrous.

Kegboy
03-16-2006, 12:56 PM
:bump:

http://www.nba.com/features/dance_east2_ind-v-det.html

Major Cold
03-16-2006, 03:20 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/ind_dan_600x400_rd2.jpg

all i got to say is DAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN!!!!:-o Look at the dump in the trunk

ChicagoJ
03-16-2006, 04:42 PM
This is gonna be a tough one.

Remember PistonsDigest, April Fools' Day 2004?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1782&highlight=automotion

I deny any and all involvement. That was that Jay@Section222 character, not me.

:D