PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley to play tonight against the Knicks.

rabid
03-07-2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_060307.html

<center>SCOUTING REPORT</center> <center> <table align="center" border="0" width="400"><tbody><tr><td align="left"><left>http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/secondary_logo.jpg</left></td> <td align="center"><b><big>PACERS vs. KNICKS</big></b>
Tuesday, March 7
7:00, Conseco Fieldhouse
TV: FSN RADIO: WIBC-1070 AM
</td> <td align="right"><right>http://www.nba.com/media/nba/nyk.gif </right></td></tr></tbody></table></center> <hr>PREVIEW
Jamaal Tinsley is expected to return to action tonight when the Pacers host the New York Knicks in Conseco Fieldhouse. Tinsley has missed 15 consecutive games and 26 of 30 while recovering from injuries to his right elbow and biceps. Coach Rick Carlisle said after the team's Tuesday morning shootaround Tinsley would be in uniform.

"We're in a situation where we don't have to rush him," Carlisle said. "He's done a lot on his own to try to get ready but he hasn't played real five-on-five for a couple of months. We don't have to rush him back. We've got a couple of guys (Anthony Johnson and Sarunas Jasikevicius) that have done a solid job. I'm sure there are going to be opportunities for him to play, but we're going to play it by ear a little bit early."

Carlisle said Anthony Johnson, who has started 28 of the last 30 games, will remain the starter for the time being. Johnson has played extremely well of late, averaging 16.1 points and 6.0 assists while shootign .534 from the field in his last nine games.

"A.J.'s the starter for now," he said. "We'll see how the next couple of weeks unfold. We've got two very dependable guys that have been holding the fort for two months. It's great to have J.T. back but we were in the same position in January and probably rushed him back to soon, he got re-injured and it affected the team a little bit. We're not in a situation where we need to rush things. He's going to do what he can to be ready to play when we need him and it's great to have him back."

Tinsley, averaging 10.4 points, 4.9 assists and 1.3 steals in 23 games, tried to come back in late January after an 11-game absence. He made four appearances and clearly wasn't himself, shooting 9-of-33 and committing 13 turnovers, before returning to the inactive list.

New York (16-43) is coming off a 103-98 victory in Milwaukee Saturday, the first in six games since Steve Francis was acquired. He has averaged 14.2 points on 50 percent shooting (including five-of-6 from the 3-point line), with his new team starting just twice. Quentin Richardson has been paired with Stephon Marbury in the starting backcourt.

With Francis, Marbury, Richardson, Jalen Rose and Jamal Crawford outside and Eddy Curry in the post, the Knicks don't lack for explosive scorers, but Coach Larry Brown's greatest challenge has been finding the right combinations. The Knicks have used 35 lineups featuring 16 players, far outdistancing the second-place Pacers and Bobcats (22 apiece).

New York has dropped six of seven (and 22 of 25) and brings a 5-25 road record into the game, which also should be a concern, because the Pacers have struggled against such teams, going 14-14 against opponents at or below .500 (and 16-12 against those with winning records).

The Pacers (30-26) are coming off a 3-1 road trip and will follow this game with three more on the road.

Ragnar
03-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh man I will be so happy to see the Tin man play again tonight!!!!!

RWB
03-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up Rabid....

Unclebuck
03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh boy. Things get a little more interesting

MagicRat
03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh man I will be so happy to see the Tin man play again tonight!!!!!

:buddies:

He's done a lot on his own to try to get ready but he hasn't played real five-on-five for a couple of months."

During his last show Rick basically used the same quote about Jamaal, saying that he hadn't played any 5-on-5 since he came back from his injury. I wondered if Rick had mis-spoken, but I half expected to see Jamaal in uniform over the weekend. Anyway, I'm glad to have him back, unlike most here........:bdance:

Dr. Goldfoot
03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Finally!

Gamble
03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
If he just gets 5 to 10 minutes I'll be happy.

Tim
03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Oh boy. Things get a little more interesting

Only in the way Rick handles it. If Rick starts Tinsley within the next five gaes of him being back, there is a serious problem.

I agree with what Tinsley said, AJ should remain the starter for the rest of the year.

ChicagoJ
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
:woot2:

btowncolt
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
:woot:

RWB
03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
I haven't payed alot of attention to NY this year. How is their back court at pressuring the ball?

Yes UB, this could get real interesting.

Ragnar
03-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Only in the way Rick handles it. If Rick starts Tinsley within the next five gaes of him being back, there is a serious problem.

I agree with what Tinsley said, AJ should remain the starter for the rest of the year.
Dont you think performance should dictate when he regains his starting job rather than some random timetable you decided on?

Gamble
03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
The sound of sense isn't so common.

DisplacedKnick
03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I haven't payed alot of attention to NY this year. How is their back court at pressuring the ball?

You're a real comedian. :cry:

Wait - you weren't being serious were you?

We happen to be horrifically bad on defense - a bit better lately but still not good. Fortunately you don't have JO so Curry probably won't pick up 2 fouls in the first minute.

I just don't want to be embarrassed tonight.

Jose Slaughter
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
I just don't want to be embarrassed tonight.

..... and yet, you remain a Knicks fan!

xphoenix
03-07-2006, 03:30 PM
good good good... cant wait until the rest of the gang is back. I just wanna see them all playing so I can get a feel for what my expectations should really be.

Lithfan
03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Interesting what will be Saras role from now on.

Its a decisive moment. He might be brilliant today.

owl
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Displaced Knick said..."We happen to be horrifically bad on defense - a bit better lately but still not good. Fortunately you don't have JO so Curry probably won't pick up 2 fouls in the first minute.

I just don't want to be embarrassed tonight."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

You are a tru fan...a tip of the hat to you.

Actually I believe this probably will be a fairly close game.

owl

Los Angeles
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
:suicide:

Ralph Snart
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM

I would love to see him light it up. Heaven knows, he killed Marbury the last time he faced him.

Moses
03-07-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm actually kind of scared of NY. They have all these great scorers and if LB actually finds a way for them to work together..We could be in trouble. But that wont happen just because the powers that be spit on the Knicks now because of Larry Johnson's 4 point plays. And because I don't think Knick Bavetta is reffing the game.

As for Tinsley, I wouldn't mind working him back slowly just getting the rust off before he returns to the starting lineup. And yes, he will be the starter again by the end of the year barring any unexpected injuries...He's just simply a better point guard then AJ..But AJ has been a brilliant mid-range shooter as of late. I wouldn't be surprised to see an AJ Tinsley combo on the floor sometime in the distant future.

CableKC
03-07-2006, 03:51 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_060307.html
"A.J.'s the starter for now," he said. "We'll see how the next couple of weeks unfold. We've got two very dependable guys that have been holding the fort for two months.
This is code-word for "Tinsley is gonna start in a couple of games".:rolleyes:

CableKC
03-07-2006, 03:53 PM
I betcha that Sarunas will begin to fill the "Eddie Gill" role soon.

Lithfan
03-07-2006, 04:00 PM

That will be awful.

I hope he will give his best in next games. In any case someone is going to get hurt.

Mushmouth
03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
I gotta believe Tinsley will thrive without the halfcourt restrictions... maybe not right away, but before too long, he'll be running things. AJ getting time at the 2-spot for sure as Moses said. Maybe Saras getting a little time at both. Maybe.

Unclebuck
03-07-2006, 04:17 PM
If Tinsley does come off the bench for the last 25 games or so. it is very interesting because he's rarely played with Harrison, Granger, and even Fed Jones to some extent. I do worry because Fred and Jamaal both need the ball to be effective.

Jamaal and Peja could be very effective together. Look for Rick to try and play them togetehr as much as possible.

Look for Saras at the end of the bench. That might not be fair, but that is what I expect. He'll be the 3rd string point gaurd and 3rd dtring shooting guard. Only spot minutes for him.

Mourning
03-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Good for Tins! Hope he does well and hope he remains healthy. Chemistry problems next year if we don't "fix" our PG-rotation by trading one this summer.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

CableKC
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
I gotta believe Tinsley will thrive without the halfcourt restrictions... maybe not right away, but before too long, he'll be running things. AJ getting time at the 2-spot for sure as Moses said. Maybe Saras getting a little time at both. Maybe.
This is Carlisle we are talking about. Regardless of who is starting....AJ or Tinsley....Sarunas will either be the 3rd backup PG or SG off the bench....playing behind either PGs or behind SJax and Freddie.

Although we had a different offense before.....the short amount of time that all 3 were in the rotation......Sarunas ended up running the point ONLY when he wasn't on the floor with either Tinsley or AJ. When he was on the floor with either Tinsley or AJ....Sarunas ended up playing some backup SG minutes. But keeping in mind that Freddie was essentially starting at the SG spot ( when Artest was out ).....I would expect that Sarunas will see a minimal amount of minutes at the backup SG spot.

Either way.....Sarunas is gonna end up playing 5-10 minutes a game...or end up running the team during blowouts. This is too bad....I really think that the 2nd unit that Carlisle has used ( Sarunas / Freddie / SJax or Peja / Granger / Harrison ) has worked out pretty good for a 2nd unit.

Diamond Dave
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
That will be awful.

I hope he will give his best in next games. In any case someone is going to get hurt.

I don't believe for a second that Saras will get any DNP-CD's. His time will be reduced, especially at pg. However I would like to see him get some more minutes at sg, if just that it will take away some minutes to from Stephen Jackson and Fred Jones who are currently in a tight race to who can become Travis Best the fastest.

Fred Jones has the lead.

But on Tinsley being back... :woot:

But for how long :devil:

Mourning
03-07-2006, 04:24 PM
If Tinsley does come off the bench for the last 25 games or so. it is very interesting because he's rarely played with Harrison, Granger, and even Fed Jones to some extent. I do worry because Fred and Jamaal both need the ball to be effective.

Jamaal and Peja could be very effective together. Look for Rick to try and play them togetehr as much as possible.

Look for Saras at the end of the bench. That might not be fair, but that is what I expect. He'll be the 3rd string point gaurd and 3rd dtring shooting guard. Only spot minutes for him.

Ditto!

CableKC
03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
However I would like to see him get some more minutes at sg, if just that it will take away some minutes to from Stephen Jackson and Fred Jones who are currently in a tight race to who can become Travis Best the fastest.

Fred Jones has the lead.
I am guessing that this is a long-time running PD joke.....someone care to fill me in?:confused:

Mourning
03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I am guessing that this is a long-time running PD joke.....someone care to fill me in?:confused:

Someone RUNNING around with the ball and shooting it not dishing it when he can, basically ;).

Diamond Dave
03-07-2006, 04:30 PM

:confused:

I know I haven't had much interaction with you Cable, but I guess I always assumed you have been around for a while.

My apologies if I'm incorrect.

But how long have you been a Pacers fan? If you remember the late 90's team, then surely you remember how Travis used to bring the ball up the court, proceed to pound the air out of it until about 6 seconds were left and then make a haphazard drive to the basket that would end up throwing away a possession for us.

IMO, Fred has a tendency to do that. Not anywhere close to Travis, but too much for my taste.

Lithfan
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Somehow I'm not worried for Saras PT. For some reason, I think no matter what Saras will play his 20 minutes either at PG or SG.
I feel like there is a secret patch between Bird and Rick about that.

Rick managed to do that in the beginning of this season. But that was when AJ sucked so he didn't play. Now when he is having games of his life I think Tins going to have a problem... plus all this talk.. no rush... let him heal...
Unless he provides immediate impact.

PacerMan
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Given that it was Tins arm and not a leg injury, he should be in decent shape. Of course nothing like running in the NBA, but that will come soon enough. His timing and shot will be the main concerns and we don't need him to shoot much now.
I have absolutely no doubt that Tinsley has been foaming at the mouth waiting to play this 'new' style. Or that his problems with Rick had to do with him not wanting to play 'dump it in the post' basketball. This is the type of play he thrives on.
I like AJ, he's been playing very well. And I like Sarunas too. But Tinsley was MADE to run this offense. I'd be perfectly happy if AJ started through the playoffs, let Tinsley come in and run wild on the 2nd team.
That will show up soon enough I reckon.

Moses
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Somehow I'm not worried for Saras PT. For some reason, I think no matter what Saras will play his 20 minutes either at PG or SG.

Rick managed to do that in the beginning of this season. But that was when AJ sucked so he didn't play. Now when he is having games of his life I think Tins going to have a problem... plus all this talk.. no rush... let him heal...
I wouldn't be to worried about Runi losing his PT. He will get a solid 15 mins a game guaranteed whether it's at SG or PG but if he's having a hot night he will get even more.

Despite popular belief, It's actually a very good thing to have 3 good point guards. It's funny because all 3 of our PG's bring different things to the table. I see Tinsley bringing alot of slashing and ball control and passing to the table with AJ bringing a mid-range jumper while Sarunas brings a deep shooting and passing type of PG. In my opinion, This could create nightmares for other teams because I look at it almost as an NFL RB situation. All 3 guys have a change of pace they bring to the court so it could be hard for any other defensive PG to handle all 3 of them if they all 3 get time at PG. Ask anyone whos ever played basketball before if you are guarding someone who can hit deep 3's and he is subbed out for a slasher who can drive and has good ball handling abilities, it can be tough to adjust mid game from the different styles of playing.

Diamond Dave
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM

Reasonable outlook I would say.

And it makes sense...if it was a fair world things would stay the same and Tinsley should remain the third-stringer until an injury to Aj or Saras happens, or either one start slacking.

However that is not how things have historically went down. There is a lot of tradition and loyalty at the Pacers front office, and most of the time that is okay.

I'll point to Dale Davis, a former Pacer All-Star, returning mid-season to the Pacers after having played elsewhere for several years. He was immediately thrust into the starting line-up over Jeff Foster and Scot Pollard.

Lithfan
03-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Reasonable outlook I would say.

And it makes sense...if it was a fair world things would stay the same and Tinsley should remain the third-stringer until an injury to Aj or Saras happens, or either one start slacking.

However that is not how things have historically went down. There is a lot of tradition and loyalty at the Pacers front office, and most of the time that is okay.

I'll point to Dale Davis, a former Pacer All-Star, returning mid-season to the Pacers after having played elsewhere for several years. He was immediately thrust into the starting line-up over Jeff Foster and Scot Pollard.

I agree, I think there are a lot of things beyond the surface that we do not know. Not all of them are related to pure basketball. At least to its Tactics part.

And my guess is that Saras will have a preferred treatment here since the Boss likes him.

What i'm saying is that AJ is the best PG at the moment. Tins should be the best. But they are going to have a problem since Bird wants Saras to play 20 min. But we'll see, may be its just wishful thinking.

Lithfan
03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't be to worried about Runi losing his PT. He will get a solid 15 mins a game guaranteed whether it's at SG or PG but if he's having a hot night he will get even more.

Despite popular belief, It's actually a very good thing to have 3 good point guards. It's funny because all 3 of our PG's bring different things to the table. I see Tinsley bringing alot of slashing and ball control and passing to the table with AJ bringing a mid-range jumper while Sarunas brings a deep shooting and passing type of PG. In my opinion, This could create nightmares for other teams because I look at it almost as an NFL RB situation. All 3 guys have a change of pace they bring to the court so it could be hard for any other defensive PG to handle all 3 of them if they all 3 get time at PG. Ask anyone whos ever played basketball before if you are guarding someone who can hit deep 3's and he is subbed out for a slasher who can drive and has good ball handling abilities, it can be tough to adjust mid game from the different styles of playing.

Yeah may be its good. If they can be effective playing ~15 minutes each.

Actually its the best situation for Pacers. If guys are confident enough to be effective in this PT...

ChicagoJ
03-07-2006, 04:56 PM

You really have blacked-out last December through February from your mind, haven't you?

:buddies:

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 04:58 PM
doomz

Diamond Dave
03-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree, I think there are a lot of things beyond the surface that we do not know. Not all of them are related to pure basketball. At least to its Tactics part.

And my guess is that Saras will have a preferred treatment here since the Boss likes him.

What i'm saying is that AJ is the best PG at the moment. Tins should be the best. But they are going to have a problem since Bird wants Saras to play 20 min. But we'll see, may be its just wishful thinking.

This might be some wishful thinking. ;)

I think 20 min, is a little more than realistic. I'm predicting between 10-15 min baring foul trouble.

Unfortunately for Saras, he has zero ability to get the ball up the court under pressure. This is clear to see during the games, and it is clear that every team in the league knows it. They have obviously got the scouting report on him.

Each time he comes in the game, teams start trapping. This is something that no pg in the NBA can succeed with. If he doesn't improve it quick, he will see NO time in the playoffs. Period.

In addition, this is something that Jamaal has no problem with. With respect to ballhandling, that is when Jamaal goes from Jamaal to Mel Mel the Abuser.

CableKC
03-07-2006, 05:04 PM
:confused:

I know I haven't had much interaction with you Cable, but I guess I always assumed you have been around for a while.

My apologies if I'm incorrect.

But how long have you been a Pacers fan? If you remember the late 90's team, then surely you remember how Travis used to bring the ball up the court, proceed to pound the air out of it until about 6 seconds were left and then make a haphazard drive to the basket that would end up throwing away a possession for us.

IMO, Fred has a tendency to do that. Not anywhere close to Travis, but too much for my taste.
I've been a fan since the whole "8 points in 8.9 seconds" miracle....and know that Travis was on our NBA Finals team....but didn't really pay attention to them ( like I do now ) until the Zeke years.

Basically you are saying that SJax, Freddie and Travis essentially liked to hold the ball too long.....they come to the realization that his defender isn't going to give him and inch then jack up the shot without even bothering to look for someone to pass it to?

Diamond Dave
03-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I've been a fan since the whole "8 points in 8.9 seconds" miracle....and know that Travis was on our NBA Finals team....but didn't really pay attention to them ( like I do now ) until the Zeke years.

Basically you are saying that SJax, Freddie and Travis essentially liked to hold the ball too long.....they come to the realization that his defender isn't going to give him and inch then jack up the shot without even bothering to look for someone to pass it to?

Essentially... Now know that Travis was considerably worst than either of those two.

Travis was the only player who would dribble for so long without doing anything, so consistently game after game that the hometown fans would actually begin booing if he started doing it.

Jax has had a couple of games lately where maybe he only make one selfish play in the entire game. But has been for the most part was a great team player.

Fred on the other hand fluxuates. He has a sole patent on the "drive to the right (cause thats the only way I can go), jump high in the air, and then decide what to do with it" manuver.

Anthem
03-07-2006, 05:16 PM
..... and yet, you remain a Knicks fan!
:brilliant:

CableKC
03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Let's look at some realities here with the likely Playoff rotation ( assuming that everyone comes back from their current injuries ):

PG - AJ / Tinsley / Sarunas
SG - SJax / Freddie
SF - Peja / Granger
PF - JONeal / Croshere
C - Foster / Pollard / Harrison

Although I am proud that we have a deeper and better bench then most teams....we are talking about a 12 man rotation here. Although it will help us out in the Playoffs..... part of the problem with having a deep bench is that there are only so many minutes to go around.

Maybe some can tell me.....during the Playoffs....is Carlisle the type of player to run with a set 7 to 9 man rotation?

or

Is he open to using a 10-12 man rotation?

My hope is that Carlisle takes advantage of the depth and the possible lineups ( and possible mismatches ) that the Pacers can generate and not stick with the "give Tinsley/SJax/Peja/JONeal/Foster 30-33 minutes a game" gameplan. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't put up the best players the majority of the time....I'm suggesting that with certain lineups ( especially the 2nd unit with Sarunas/Freddie/SJax or Peja/Granger/Harrison ) there is good team chemistry that has been forged ever since JONeal and Croshere went down with injuries.

CableKC
03-07-2006, 05:21 PM
He has a sole patent on the "drive to the right (cause thats the only way I can go), jump high in the air, and then decide what to do with it" manuver.
Ahhh....Freddie's patented "jump in the air and turn the ball over while trying to pass it" move.

I hope that he can one day figure out that if he jumps in the air....he should just shoot the ball.....I would much rather have him make an attempt at shooting and getting the ball in then turn it over in mid-flight. :rolleyes:

Lithfan
03-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Ahhh....Freddie's patented "jump in the air and turn the ball over while trying to pass it" move.

I hope that he can one day figure out that if he jumps in the air....he should just shoot the ball.....I would much rather have him make an attempt at shooting and getting the ball in then turn it over in mid-flight. :rolleyes:

Yeah even I noticed that, in few games that I saw.

ChicagoJ
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Or in Fred's and Travis's case, drive to the basket and miss a contested layup in traffic. Travis obviously much more often than Fred, but its enough for some of us to :shudder:

Diamond Dave
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
NBA 2K7 better have a button for signature moves... and that better be Jone's move.

ChicagoJ
03-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Let's look at some realities here with the likely Playoff rotation ( assuming that everyone comes back from their current injuries ):

PG - AJ / Tinsley / Sarunas
SG - SJax / Freddie
SF - Peja / Granger
PF - JONeal / Croshere
C - Foster / Pollard / Harrison

Although I am proud that we have a deeper and better bench then most teams....we are talking about a 12 man rotation here. Although it will help us out in the Playoffs..... part of the problem with having a deep bench is that there are only so many minutes to go around.

Maybe some can tell me.....during the Playoffs....is Carlisle the type of player to run with a set 7 to 9 man rotation?

or

Is he open to using a 10-12 man rotation?

My hope is that Carlisle takes advantage of the depth and the possible lineups ( and possible mismatches ) that the Pacers can generate and not stick with the "give Tinsley/SJax/Peja/JONeal/Foster 30-33 minutes a game" gameplan. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't put up the best players the majority of the time....I'm suggesting that with certain lineups ( especially the 2nd unit with Sarunas/Freddie/SJax or Peja/Granger/Harrison ) there is good team chemistry that has been forged ever since JONeal and Croshere went down with injuries.

Carlisle tries too hard during the playoffs to leave our bench in the game against our opponent's starters.

* don't get me started on my we'll-never-win-until-we-figure-out-how-to-play-an-eight-man-rotation kick today *

waxman
03-07-2006, 05:33 PM
:crystalba

I forsee Carlisle experimenting with a 3 guard second unit JT / Saras / FJ / Danger / Hulk.

:shrug:

Diamond Dave
03-07-2006, 05:35 PM

I forsee Carlisle experimenting with a 3 guard second unit JT / Saras / FJ / Danger / Hulk.

No thankyou.

Talk about an equation for racking up fouls on Danger and Hulk. Who in that back court is going to stop people from driving straight to the basket?

Moses
03-07-2006, 05:36 PM

That's the smallest swingman group in NBA history. We should put AJ and Gill in at the 4 and 5 just for laughs.

btowncolt
03-07-2006, 05:37 PM
No thankyou.

Talk about an equation for racking up fouls on Danger and Hulk. Who in that back court is going to stop people from driving straight to the basket?

Rick Carlisle?

From what I've read on here, he's found a way to hold down every player on the Pacers. I don't see why he couldn't do so with the other teams....

waxman
03-07-2006, 05:40 PM
No thankyou.

Well Sarunas of course.....duh..... ;)

it was a hypothetical really.... but i could see Rick trying it out.

CableKC
03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
NBA 2K7 better have a button for signature moves... and that better be Jone's move.
What a first......a signature move that doesn't help the player....but your opponent. :laugh:

CableKC
03-07-2006, 05:51 PM

My crystal ball says:

"AJ / Freddie / SJax or Peja / Croshere / Harrison will be Carlisle's 2nd unit"

with Sarunas getting minutes in garbage minutes or if AJ Tinsley is having an off-day....then Granger and Pollard would only get minutes if SJax, Peja or Harrison is in foul trouble.

I then asked my Magic-8 ball about what it thought about the 2nd unit thought about the 2nd unit and it said:

"It sucks to be Sarunas or Granger during the Playoffs"

Eindar
03-07-2006, 05:51 PM
That's the smallest swingman group in NBA history. We should put AJ and Gill in at the 4 and 5 just for laughs.

Somewhere Isiah Thomas is drooling about coaching/drafting/trading for this lineup.

Outlaw
03-07-2006, 06:02 PM
This might be some wishful thinking. ;)

I think 20 min, is a little more than realistic. I'm predicting between 10-15 min baring foul trouble.

Unfortunately for Saras, he has zero ability to get the ball up the court under pressure. This is clear to see during the games, and it is clear that every team in the league knows it. They have obviously got the scouting report on him.

Each time he comes in the game, teams start trapping. This is something that no pg in the NBA can succeed with. If he doesn't improve it quick, he will see NO time in the playoffs. Period.

In addition, this is something that Jamaal has no problem with. With respect to ballhandling, that is when Jamaal goes from Jamaal to Mel Mel the Abuser.

Agreed!:cool:

waxman
03-07-2006, 06:03 PM
My crystal ball says:

"AJ / Freddie / SJax or Peja / Croshere / Harrison will be Carlisle's 2nd unit"

with Sarunas getting minutes in garbage minutes or if AJ Tinsley is having an off-day....then Granger and Pollard would only get minutes if SJax, Peja or Harrison is in foul trouble.

I then asked my Magic-8 ball about what it thought about the 2nd unit thought about the 2nd unit and it said:

"It sucks to be Sarunas or Granger during the Playoffs"

I like Cro.... but if he gets minutes over DG... than someone certainly has been "hittin-up" the 8-Ball.

GO!!!!!
03-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I'd be happy with a triple double form the TinMan in 20-25 Minutes

I'm more worried about Peja Torching Jalen for a Pacer Record 70 Points tonight

Jermaniac
03-07-2006, 06:20 PM
YESIR DUSTPAN IS BACK

http://www.coldmilk.org/tinsley_dustpan.gif

Eindar
03-07-2006, 06:35 PM
YESIR DUSTPAN IS BACK

http://www.coldmilk.org/tinsley_dustpan.gif

Shouldn't the dustpan get it's own display case in Conseco Fieldhouse? I mean, after all, it's been far more useful to the team than Damon Bailey, and I think I saw one of his jerseys in a case once.

CableKC
03-07-2006, 07:38 PM
I like Cro.... but if he gets minutes over DG... than someone certainly has been "hittin-up" the 8-Ball.
Given Carlisle's history......do you really think that if he had a choice between playing either Croshere or Granger at the backup PF spot......who he will pick?

Given a full healthy roster.....I am inclined to believe that Croshere will be the 1st PF in to backup JONeal. But I am also inclined to believe that if we need to take Peja out to give him some rest.....I think that Carlisle will bring in Freddie and shift SJax over to the SF spot before giving Granger minutes at the SF spot.

He sort of does it now with the existing lineup.....there has been many times when Peja is sitting and instead of keeping Foster/Pollard/Harrison in the game at the PF/C spot......SJax shifts over to SF and Granger switches to PF. I really think that if Croshere was available.....we wouldn't see Granger play so many minutes at the backup SF position ( much less any PF minutes )....SJax would simply shift over to backup Peja with Croshere playing next to him.

Kegboy
03-07-2006, 08:16 PM

So then, I'll have Cabbage wallpaper and Peck will regularly expound on what a great bench presence he is?

CableKC
03-07-2006, 08:22 PM
So then, I'll have Cabbage wallpaper and Peck will regularly expound on what a great bench presence he is?
I guess.....Sarunas will be the best 3rd string PG in the league....:rolleyes:

Anthem
03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
So... no Tinsley tonight?

Los Angeles
03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
So... no Tinsley tonight?
8 minutes too soon.

Bball
03-08-2006, 02:20 AM

Jones' signature move will be to jump in the air with no point what-so-ever and throw the ball to the other team before he hits the ground and gets a travel.

-Bball

Diamond Dave
03-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Jones' signature move will be to jump in the air with no point what-so-ever and throw the ball to the other team before he hits the ground and gets a travel.

-Bball

And everytime it is performed it should illicit an automatic hyperbole by Bill Walton proclaiming "Fred Jones is in the top five best jumpers of all-time! It's a travesty that he doesn't drive like that everytime he has the ball! No one can, or ever will be able to stop this guy!"

RWB
03-08-2006, 09:47 AM

-Bball

Where have you guys been? Didn't you know Fred thought seriously about become an Olympic ice skater. Practiced his jumping in the air while twirling for many hours in Beaverton, Oregon.

Oh, and Jon Bender was his coach.