PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the KINGS game on the 17th???

denyfizle
03-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Me and my buddies are ready to BOO the moRON!!! We're also thinking of slogans and stuff to do to **** off Artest. Any suggestions?? We're going to be in the lower level at section 1 so we're really looking forward to be as obnoxious as possible and enjoy our Artest hatefest!!! I hope we irritate him enough for him to run up the stands and beat the crap out of some unsuspecting guy 6 seats away from us, know what i mean? jk :box: :boxer: :beat: :haterade:

Unclebuck
03-05-2006, 07:09 PM
I'll be there and there won't be any booing coming from my mouth

Kaufman
03-05-2006, 07:22 PM
I think you should leave Ron alone. I understand everyone's frustration but I don't think you or I really understand what drives Ron Artest nor do we understand the logic that goes behind his decision making, hasty at best most times. I don't think booing will really phase Ron, he played hard with his heart for us and nobody really knows what exactly happened in the fall of 2005. I don't anticipate him not getting booed, certainly fans like you and I are just in making our feelings heard. But harrassing him is just in-humane and self denigrating. Root your team on and cheer them to victory. My two cents, and certainly I understand your frustration with all that has happened with Ron Artest.

Kaufman
03-05-2006, 07:32 PM
2 formers and no latters VA! We get what you're saying though.

Jermaniac
03-05-2006, 07:36 PM
I hope he gets booed everytime he touches the ball

sweabs
03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
I will be there and I'll boo.

Why shouldn't I? I love Ron's game...and still do.

But the team comes ahead of the player in my books, and after everything he did to this team, franchise, fans, etc. - it's hard to look past those things. So yeah, I'll be there and I'll boo every time he gets the ball for ya, Jermaniac.

Unclebuck
03-05-2006, 07:49 PM
I just hope the Pacers win.

Why should we care about anything other than that. We always want the players to just "play to win" no other agendas. Why as fans should we worry about anything other than winning.

Unclebuck
03-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Why shouldnt we.

Sorry UB, you lose on this one.

I realize you love him, and I respect that.

But I take pride in rotting for certain players, and when I as a fan pull for a player, and buy his jerseys, shoes, shirts, whatever and then he stabs me in the back, I am going to be pissed.

You can continue to pretend like nothing happens, and all is well, and I wont fault you for that. But dont think the rest of us have to conform........

Well I gave it a shot

BBALL56HACKER
03-05-2006, 08:04 PM
I will cheer the PACERS on and forget that he is there. ARTEST is not part of the team and I will not let him change the reason that I go to the games. TO CHEER THE PACERS ON!!!!!!

Kaufman
03-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I think everyone has different opinions on the subject, Ron's a lightning rod and nobody can argue that one. I for one have booed people in the past, John Starks comes to mind. But its just not respectful to harrass someone. That's the point that I'm trying to make. I personally wouldn't boo him, but that's me, I understand why he would be booed. But there's a fine line between booing and taking it to another level, and I hope for the sake of my home city and state, that our fans don't cross the line.

owl
03-05-2006, 08:07 PM
I will be at the game so there is a good chance Ron will not play.
I will be cheering for Peja every time he scores.

owl

denyfizle
03-05-2006, 08:19 PM
I just hope the Pacers win.

Why should we care about anything other than that. We always want the players to just "play to win" no other agendas. Why as fans should we worry about anything other than winning.

I think you should leave Ron alone. I understand everyone's frustration but I don't think you or I really understand what drives Ron Artest nor do we understand the logic that goes behind his decision making, hasty at best most times. I don't think booing will really phase Ron, he played hard with his heart for us and nobody really knows what exactly happened in the fall of 2005. I don't anticipate him not getting booed, certainly fans like you and I are just in making our feelings heard. But harrassing him is just in-humane and self denigrating. Root your team on and cheer them to victory. My two cents, and certainly I understand your frustration with all that has happened with Ron Artest.

Why? Because I want to have fun. If sitting there and watching and cheering the team to win is your thing, then more power to you. But me, I just love the energy of a crowd that boos, complains about refs' bad calls and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I don't like those who are rude to the point of being tasteless. But I really don't think class has anything to do whether a fan boos or yells any comments to opposing team's players and stuff like that. For one to even insinuate they are classy just because they choose not heckle means nothing to me more than how old people say rap is garbage and how the older ones used to say rock was satanic. I like my hometeam crowd loud and roaring!!!!!!!!!!!! :boomer:

denyfizle
03-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Thank you.

I thought I was alone, but I will say this.

Class is a fine line, and you can still yell at players and the refs and boo loudly while remaining "classy"

yeah, i don't get all the high-stepping either. is it just me, or is there just too many uptight people in this forum?

diamonddave00
03-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I have 2 good friends from Serbia who have tickets to the March 17th game it will be their 1st NBA game. They came here 9 years ago during the civil war there . They are very excited about seeing fellow countryman Peja Stojakovic. I hope he haS a great night and the Pacers win , it will make their NBA experience one to remember.

MagicRat
03-05-2006, 08:31 PM
I'll be there and I'll give him a token Boo just like I do every other opposing player during the starting lineup intros.

Other than that I doubt I'll boo him, unless he does something stupid......

Jermaniac
03-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I really hope he does do something stupid, how funny would that be.

Kaufman
03-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Well I guess when you mention in your first post trying to "**** off Artest" and "be as obnoxious as possible", well those things I would consider tasteless and in poor form. I get booing, I've done it, and I did it today at the Kentucky - Florida game. I'm not against booing, I'm against ignorance.

hoopsforlife
03-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Why shouldnt we.

Sorry UB, you lose on this one.

I realize you love him, and I respect that.

But I take pride in rotting for certain players, and when I as a fan pull for a player, and buy his jerseys, shoes, shirts, whatever and then he stabs me in the back, I am going to be pissed.

You can continue to pretend like nothing happens, and all is well, and I wont fault you for that. But dont think the rest of us have to conform........

This certainly explains your attitude sometimes. :)

SoThenRobbieSaid
03-05-2006, 08:51 PM
That was my Valentine's Day gift from my fiancee (what a catch!), so I'm heading there. I'll be loud, but I'm going solely with the expectation of a great game. Both teams have played much better since the trade, and I expect that it'll be a hard-fought game. Ron was my favorite, so it'll be a bit awkward, but should be fun.

317Kim
03-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Pretty sure I'm going and I'll boo but not too much because I'll have to save my voice to yell BOOM BABY when Danger or Peja hits a 3 over Ron. :D

Spicoli
03-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I'll be watching from my perch in a sports book in Vegas. :woohoo:

kellogg
03-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Personally, I hope the fans neither boo or cheer for him...he provided us as fans with some good times and some bad ones. I will always be fond of him as he was so very nice to the kids signing autographs after games at the street corner just outside Conseco...often just parking his car at the curb. While JO, Reggie, and the rest just drove on without so much as a wave.

I don't wish him ill...just hope the young man gets his head together. He's an unbelievably gifted player...but those skills don't last forever. I hope he learns that sooner rather than later.

I've never heard much come out of Mike Tyson's mouth that I thought was even remotely intelligent...until after he lost his last fight. His comment "...you get smart too late, and old too soon." Hope Ron got to read that.

Peck
03-05-2006, 11:07 PM
As I said earlier you won't hear boo's from me.

If anything I will be the one giving him a standing O when he is introduced. To me he is my hero & I need to thank him for doing such a wonderfull job of rebuilding our team.

heywoode
03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
As I said earlier you won't hear boo's from me.

If anything I will be the one giving him a standing O when he is introduced. To me he is my hero & I need to thank him for doing such a wonderfull job of rebuilding our team.

Do you think the people around you will understand the context under which you cheer him? Not that you care, or it matters much...just asking the question....

I agree with you wholeheartedly that if it weren't for his mouth, we wouldn't have Peja and be rid of him...On the other hand, if it weren't for his mouth and his brain, we wouldn't have been in the position to need to get rid of him...Hard to make a call one way or the other....

I wasn't going to go to the Kings game, but have since changed my mind. I will probably be there if I don't have to give up my first born child to get a nose bleed, that is....

Since86
03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Me and my buddies are ready to BOO the moRON!!! We're also thinking of slogans and stuff to do to **** off Artest. Any suggestions?? We're going to be in the lower level at section 1 so we're really looking forward to be as obnoxious as possible and enjoy our Artest hatefest!!! I hope we irritate him enough for him to run up the stands and beat the crap out of some unsuspecting guy 6 seats away from us, know what i mean? jk :box: :boxer: :beat: :haterade:

Don't get me wrong, I don't like those who are rude to the point of being tasteless.

You're confusing me here. You want to think of slogans, and other stuff, to **** Ron off, but you don't like fans who are tasteless?

I understand booing, eventhough I don't do it myself. But personally attacking someone, whether it be verbal or not, is extremely tasteless. Just because you paid money for seats, doesn't give you the right too say whatever you want.

I'm not willing to do anything while I'm sitting in the stands that I'm not willing to do if I saw that person/player on the street.

I just have a hard time believing tasteless fans bother you, when you say you hope that you will be as obnoxious as you can be.

denyfizle
03-06-2006, 04:39 PM
You're confusing me here. You want to think of slogans, and other stuff, to **** Ron off, but you don't like fans who are tasteless?

I understand booing, eventhough I don't do it myself. But personally attacking someone, whether it be verbal or not, is extremely tasteless. Just because you paid money for seats, doesn't give you the right too say whatever you want.

I'm not willing to do anything while I'm sitting in the stands that I'm not willing to do if I saw that person/player on the street.

I just have a hard time believing tasteless fans bother you, when you say you hope that you will be as obnoxious as you can be.

The word tasteless is subjective. I will boo Ron and direct comments toward him, but I won't cuss him out or attack him or anything. It's going to be all in fun. We're going to be obnoxious in the sense that we're going to cheer and boo all night and have fun. If that is tasteless to you then more power to you buddy. What's tastless to me are those who cuss at players and say insults about their families, throw cups into the court and stuff like that. I will yell at Ron when he misses a freethrow and thank him for relocating his brickhouse to Sacramento and stuff like that. Yea i'm going to make a slogan about wasting my $80 on a Ron Artest jersey. That's tasteless? I see people on TV with slogans everytime. we're going to enjoy it and everytihng will be all in fun. Just in case you didn't notice there was a jk at the end of my original message. That was supposed to imply it was a joke. If that is too much for ya'll sense of humor to take then bite me :-p I didn't intend this thread to be an oppurtunity for the classy people in this forum to flaunt their classiness. My sole intention was to ask who was going and get suggestions for slogans. Sadly it's become some what of a "class" thread. I was hoping for funny and witty suggestions for a slogan. Can we just stick to that?

Since86
03-06-2006, 05:02 PM
The word tasteless is subjective. I will boo Ron and direct comments toward him, but I won't cuss him out or attack him or anything. It's going to be all in fun. We're going to be obnoxious in the sense that we're going to cheer and boo all night and have fun. If that is tasteless to you then more power to you buddy. What's tastless to me are those who cuss at players and say insults about their families, throw cups into the court and stuff like that. I will yell at Ron when he misses a freethrow and thank him for relocating his brickhouse to Sacramento and stuff like that. Yea i'm going to make a slogan about wasting my $80 on a Ron Artest jersey. That's tasteless? I see people on TV with slogans everytime. we're going to enjoy it and everytihng will be all in fun. Just in case you didn't notice there was a jk at the end of my original message. That was supposed to imply it was a joke. If that is too much for ya'll sense of humor to take then bite me :-p I didn't intend this thread to be an oppurtunity for the classy people in this forum to flaunt their classiness. My sole intention was to ask who was going and get suggestions for slogans. Sadly it's become some what of a "class" thread. I was hoping for funny and witty suggestions for a slogan. Can we just stick to that?

I really don't think I was standing on my soapbox and preaching. I said you were confusing me which was my very first line.

Yes I did notice you said you were just joking, but I figured that was just for the part about hoping he'd beat a guy 6 seats down from you,.

I think it's pretty funny the way you started this thread, yet are surprised that people have taken some offense to it.

You bring up the fact that you "wasted" $80 on Ron's jersey. Did he force you to buy it? Doubt it. Were there other player options? Probably. Should those people who bought a Reggie jersey feel like it was a waste of money, because he isn't on the team anymore? Or is it just regulated to players that ask to be traded?

It's your own fault for buying his jersey.

There's a bigg difference in what you are now saying you're going to do, and what you originally said you were going to do. That's where I became confused. Nothing wrong with booing, but there is something wrong with being obnoxious just to be obnoxious.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. By that I mean if you don't want people to give their opinion on what you've posted, don't post it.

Unclebuck
03-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Reading this thread, makes me wonder if I even want to go to this game at all. I hope all the extra stuff gets out of the way early on so we can enjoy a good game. Why can't we just enjoy seeing two old Pacers - Brad and Ron go against two old Kings - Pollard and Peja.

denyfizle
03-06-2006, 05:13 PM
You bring up the fact that you "wasted" $80 on Ron's jersey. Did he force you to buy it? Doubt it. Were there other player options? Probably. Should those people who bought a Reggie jersey feel like it was a waste of money, because he isn't on the team anymore? Or is it just regulated to players that ask to be traded?

LOL :lol: you serious? it's a joke man!!! im not really going there all pised off at Ron coz I bought his jersey. haha nevermind. :shakehead: so ANYWAY... anybody with any funny or witty ideas for a slogan???

Mourning
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Reading this thread, makes me wonder if I even want to go to this game at all. I hope all the extra stuff gets out of the way early on so we can enjoy a good game. Why can't we just enjoy seeing two old Pacers - Brad and Ron go against two old Kings - Pollard and Peja.

.... ehm sorry Unclebuck, but that's a little naive, don't you think? After all that has happenned. I understand you are a GREAT fan of the man, I have been one for a longtime too, but you can't ignore the disastrous effect he has had on our team.

I hope he works out well in SacTown, though not too well either, just ok.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

denyfizle
03-06-2006, 05:21 PM

I feel you and deep inside that's my sentiments as well. But I just can't help wanting to boo Ron after all the stuff that happened with him and the Pacers. I was one of his biggest supporters, but the way he jumped ship wasn't cool at all. I can't believe it, I guess I'm the only one here out of at least 10,000 people that boo in Pacer games. It's all good though, different people enjoy games differently. All I really want is the win, but I don't think it hurts to have fun along the way. Don't worry, I won't be throwing any cups nor personal insults at Artest. That's not my style at all.

denyfizle
03-06-2006, 05:29 PM
.... ehm sorry Unclebuck, but that's a little naive, don't you think? After all that has happenned. I understand you are a GREAT fan of the man, I have been one for a longtime too, but you can't ignore the disastrous effect he has had on our team.

I hope he works out well in SacTown, though not too well either, just ok.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Ya, but I bet if the Pacers were 10 games out of the playoffs right now a lot of their comments would be exactly the opposite. I'm not pointing out any specific person to be naive or high-stepping, but it sure sounds like that to me especially after all the f*** Artest and screw Artest stuff that I read in the past. I mean, it's all in fun for me. All this politically correct drama to me is just over-dramatic. Since when was booing and screaming a felony? I've been a Pacers season ticket holder for 3 years now and not in one game have I not heard somebody boo or yell at an opposing player, ref etc. I have been stating that I wouldn't go as far as directing anything personal and obscenities or hurl stuff at Artest. What the heck is so disturbing about that? I mean give me a break. Some people here just have to broaden their minds and get rid of their double standards. But then again, it's cool. If that's how you feel, I respect it, but I'm still waiting on someone to suggest a witty or funny slogan. Where is Jermaniac when you need him? :D

sweabs
03-06-2006, 05:47 PM

What "extra stuff"?

Booing? Are you afraid that it will hurt Ron's feelings? It's part of the game. It's too bad this "extra stuff" won't make up for all the "extra stuff" he did while a member of the Pacers.

Sure, it's going to be a great game. But you know what else will make it such a good game? An intense and playoff-like atmosphere which will be created by the help of the crowd.

Why would this thread make you wonder if you even want to go to the game?

Since86
03-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Ya, but I bet if the Pacers were 10 games out of the playoffs right now a lot of their comments would be exactly the opposite. I'm not pointing out any specific person to be naive or high-stepping, but it sure sounds like that to me especially after all the f*** Artest and screw Artest stuff that I read in the past. I mean, it's all in fun for me. All this politically correct drama to me is just over-dramatic. Since when was booing and screaming a felony? I've been a Pacers season ticket holder for 3 years now and not in one game have I not heard somebody boo or yell at an opposing player, ref etc. I have been stating that I wouldn't go as far as directing anything personal and obscenities or hurl stuff at Artest. What the heck is so disturbing about that? I mean give me a break. Some people here just have to broaden their minds and get rid of their double standards. But then again, it's cool. If that's how you feel, I respect it, but I'm still waiting on someone to suggest a witty or funny slogan. Where is Jermaniac when you need him? :D

Yes, because you know us personally and know exactly how we act day in and day out.

You start off saying you're going to do one thing, get called out on it, now you're just going to "boo or yell."

It's just not the fact that you're doing it to an opposing player. When you make the environment less joyful for those around you, by acting like a moron, it's still classless.

I don't care even if you were joking. Saying you hope that he'll respond by beating someone that is 6 seats away from you is classless as classless can be.

The ones you're saying have double standards are staying firm with what we believe, yet you've gone from making slogans and just trying to be as obnoxious as possible, to just joking about that and just "booing or yelling."

I'll now refrain from posting in this thread again. As Fez would say: "Good day to you sir."

Hoop
03-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I'll boo and I'll boo as loud as I can every single time he touches the ball. I spend around $300 each game, it's my right to boo if I want to, but I never boo the home team.

Ron ruined last season, he blew Reggie's last chance for a ring, stabbed the fans that supported him in the back and screwed up the beginning of this season, he deserves ever boo he gets.

Kaufman
03-06-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm with you Since86... I think there's nothing wrong with being classy and taking the high road. And as far as definitions and whatnot, the original post of this thread refers to being obnoxious, which I think by definition is tasteless. Booing is one thing, but directing your comments to individual players to **** them off.. well that's another. Especially when that said person might have some mental/behavioral issues that are beyond his conscious control. Its like making fun of the handicapped kid in class who holds the school bus up at the end of the day because it takes a little extra longer for him to get loaded on.

Ron's not completely normal. He's got some psychosocial issues. Please leave him alone and don't try to bait him. It's just not the right thing to do.

denyfizle
03-06-2006, 06:47 PM
:lurk:

VF21
03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
I would think Indiana fans would simply let it go...and not have to "boo him every time he touches the ball" or whatever. But that's on you guys. For whatever it's worth - and I know that might be nothing - I like to think most of you won't stoop to the level of being obnoxious, etc. You have a good rep as true fans. It would be a shame for that to be tarnished over something that's over and done with...

But if you feel you must boo, then boo. I'm pretty sure it will just give Artest further motivation to show he's serious about doing his job to the best of his ability.

Quite frankly, I can't wait to see the matchup between the two SFs.

;)

sweabs
03-06-2006, 07:04 PM
How does booing make anyone less of a "true fan" or err on the side of "obnoxious"?

denyfizle
03-06-2006, 07:07 PM
my bad to those who keep on poiting out i said obnoxious in my original post. i really didn't mean obnoxious... i never intended this thread to be taken so seriously either. all i wanted was slogan suggestions. and what i meant by obnoxious was really more like enjoying ourselves by booing Ron and letting him know that what he repayed us with after all our loyalty isn't cool at all. but like i said multiple times already, we wouldn't direct personal comments, obscenities or cups at Ron at all. just playful jokes and comments everytime he misses a shot and stuff like that. i really thought that jk at the end of my original post covered the intent i had for this thread. i guess not. so can we all just please relax now? :)

VF21
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
my bad to those who keep on poiting out i said obnoxious in my original post. i really didn't mean obnoxious... i never intended this thread to be taken so seriously either. all i wanted was slogan suggestions. and what i meant by obnoxious was really more like enjoying ourselves by booing Ron and letting him know that what he repayed us with after all our loyalty isn't cool at all. but like i said multiple times already, we wouldn't direct personal comments, obscenities or cups at Ron at all. just playful jokes and comments everytime he misses a shot and stuff like that. i really thought that jk at the end of my original post covered the intent i had for this thread. i guess not. so can we all just please relax now? :)

Whew.

I was worried... ;)

If the Kings weren't here, I would most likely be a full-time Pacers fan as I think I've mentioned several times. After all, my dad came from Indiana (a town named Lynn?) and I've always felt the two fanbases have more in common than they have as differences.

Sorry if I over-reacted, denyfizle.

:D

VF21
03-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Like I said yesterday, I dont equate booing to being obnoxious.

ANd I hope he gets boo'd the whole game.

As for you VF, I havent seen you around in a while. Hope all is well with you, and your message board.

Best of luck with the ticking time bomb, and I wish you guys plenty of success before he blows up [again] (I really do, I used to follow the Kings back in the C-Webb/Bibby days :) )

I come around once in a while. Things have gotten pretty interesting at our board again, what with that new guy and all...

As far as the ticking time bomb goes, he's done nothing wrong in his time as a King. Maybe he will; maybe he won't. I don't play "what if" because it just gives me ulcers.

If both players continue in their current paths, this may well go down as the best trade in NBA history as far as benefitting teams and players and fans.

One thing, however? Before you all get way too excited about Peja and his production, see how he performs in the playoffs. I hope he does better for you than he did for us.

Peace.

denyfizle
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Whew.

I was worried... ;)

If the Kings weren't here, I would most likely be a full-time Pacers fan as I think I've mentioned several times. After all, my dad came from Indiana (a town named Lynn?) and I've always felt the two fanbases have more in common than they have as differences.

Sorry if I over-reacted, denyfizle.

it's cool, i mean i guess i have to be more contrite with my posts. it's the internet and it's so easy to misinterpret print. i just love to have fun, laugh and not take things too seriously you know what i mean? there's so much more to life that already needs that so i don't want to have to add being a Pacer fan to the list. im a loyal and big Pacer fan, but that doesn't mean i have to take things so seriously. but like i said, you can't really determine the tone and demeanor of the person posting because it's just all print. but those who personally know me get it. so my bad. like i said, me and my crew will boo and tease Artest but it'll be all in fun. but before the game we'll still be there to try and get his autographs. i mean, it's not like it's war or something that you can't admire a guy and boo him at the same time. i mean, can't we all just have fun? seriously, it's still just basketball and none of us are wearing NBA jerseys to act like it's a matter of personal pride, honor, dignity and stuff like that. like being a Pacer fan should be your legacy in life.

efx
03-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Remember guys, Suppor...wait...Booing Ron = Supporting the Pacers

;)

Trader Joe
03-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I think it would be more of a statement to be completely silent when he is introduced and when he touches the ball. In fact when he gets introduced we should all turn our backs to him like he did to us.

Fireball Kid
03-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Booing isnt really my thing.

And you know, some of you really need to move on. Ron is not with the Pacers anymore. This is the past. History. Get over it.

Even after what he did to the Pacers org., hes still one of my favorite players in the NBA because he brings it at both ends on the court.

Sure hes a little nuts, but who isn't? UB, I'm with ya bro.

Fireball Kid
03-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Well that makes two of you.

And I have moved on. But I can still hate the guy, and I can still boo him

EDIT: As for who isnt, who about all the guys in the NBA who dont start riots and quit on there teams......
:crazy2:

denyfizle
03-06-2006, 09:18 PM
booing doesn't mean you haven't moved on. and i really think it's normal for anyone to want to boo Artest. if it's not your thing, then more power to you. but i can't say it's a higher road or anything. whatever floats your boat man. as for me i prefer being around people that are into the game by cheering and booing and just enjoying themselves. i hate those who talk too much about the fundamentals and they should've done this and that crap while watching the game. like they think they know so much better than the people around them. it's just irritating. i mean if you know so much more then why don't you just apply for the coaching job. ( i mean, theoretically all your thoughts may be right, but until you've actually played a game at NBA speed against NBA athletes and see how those dynamics can change even the simplest thing about basketball and/or studied basketball as long as real coaches have, then you really don't know much) im a fan. and when im watching the game inside the arena- whether it's the Colts or the Pacers- i'm going to keep it real and enjoy myself as a fan and do my part to make some noise when it's needed. not like an unpaid basketball guru sitting in the stands pretending to know it all ruin the game. and if i wanted to just sit there and have everydoby just watch and be quiet, then it would've been best if I just stayed home and watch the game on my HDTV on mute.

Hicks
03-06-2006, 10:10 PM
I would think Indiana fans would simply let it go...and not have to "boo him every time he touches the ball" or whatever. But that's on you guys. For whatever it's worth - and I know that might be nothing - I like to think most of you won't stoop to the level of being obnoxious, etc. You have a good rep as true fans. It would be a shame for that to be tarnished over something that's over and done with...

But if you feel you must boo, then boo. I'm pretty sure it will just give Artest further motivation to show he's serious about doing his job to the best of his ability.

Quite frankly, I can't wait to see the matchup between the two SFs.

;)

I know what you mean, but I don't think most non-Pacer fans appreciate what he did to this franchise to **** so many of us off.

VF21
03-06-2006, 11:57 PM
I agree that most of us can't understand the depths of what you guys went through with Ron.

On the other hand, he's on my team now. I have to hope with every fiber of my being that it works out. He's already too integral a part of our team's rennaissance to feel anything but hope that he can and will continue to be the player he's capable of being.

The alternative just isn't worth contemplating. It's like the uncharted waters on the old maps ... the ones that said "Beyond here there be dragons."

IF it happens, we'll deal with it then. I intend to enjoy every single moment of the time up until then, however. It's the first time since Feb. 23, 2005 that I've felt any joy about my beloved Kings.

It's hard to remember sometimes that this is just a game. We - the poor - are watching the obscenely rich PLAY a game. Talk about the ironies of life.

;)

Kaufman
03-07-2006, 12:12 AM
I hope Ron Artest does well for you all. I truly do. I think he needs a lot of counseling and needs to get his mind healthy and I think if he puts his energy to it, I hope he gets there.

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 09:44 PM
You know what, I think I might try to go. What better way to start off spring break?

denyfizle
03-07-2006, 11:39 PM
if there's a lot of PD people going maybe we can like gather around Starbucks before the game to chat or something.

SoupIsGood
03-07-2006, 11:41 PM
if there's a lot of PD people going maybe we can like gather around Starbucks before the game to chat or something.

Starbucks is awesome, went to the one in the Mariott hotel today. Yum.

sweabs
03-08-2006, 01:33 AM

I mentioned in the PD Forum Party thread that I'd be interested in meeting up with some fellow PDers before a game or whatever...and this is one that I'll be at.

18to88
03-08-2006, 02:09 AM
I'll be there if you guys meet before let me know.