PDA

View Full Version : I don't care what playoff seed we get.

Anthem
03-02-2006, 09:50 PM
You guys watching Cleveland? Anybody think we wouldn't get out of the first round against these guys? Home court would be nice, but it wouldn't matter in a 7-game series.

So seeds 1, 2, and 3 are out of our reach. Seed 4 and 5 mean we get Cleveland in the first round and Detroit in the second. And seed 6 means we get Philly or Jersey. I can't see us falling past sixth seed.

So the first round ain't an issue, and to go further we have to beat Detroit.

Am I right?

Lord Helmet
03-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Oh God, 'toads going to say something....:suicide:

But to answer your question, I think we can take them in a playoff series. Although I'd prefer homecourt.

Shade
03-02-2006, 09:56 PM
The great teams overcome home court. So, no, it doesn't really matter that much. But it makes the regular season a lot less interesting if we have nothing to play for.

SoupIsGood
03-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Cavs don't scare me

Los Angeles
03-02-2006, 11:24 PM
I like our chances better in seven games.

indytoad
03-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Oh God, 'toads going to say something....:suicide:

Hmm, yeah, I was going to, actually. I guess I'm becoming old hat. To make things consise, I was going to say that thinking that the first round won't be an issue is silly. This team is far from dominating.

IndyToad
A screaming baby

Lord Helmet
03-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Hmm, yeah, I was going to, actually. I guess I'm becoming old hat. To make things consise, I was going to say that thinking that the first round won't be an issue is silly. This team is far from dominating.

IndyToad
A screaming baby
To which I can agree. Nothing will come easy for us.

larry
03-03-2006, 12:18 AM
we play hard and that has put me at peace. how many back are we from jersey? how is vince? i wouldn't say the are out of reach. as for miami they are so boring i can't even read their record.

joeyd
03-03-2006, 11:04 AM
We have done fairly well against the Heat, with or without Shaq. Detroit is my only concern. I don't see an 8th seed knocking them out, but an opening series against the Cavs, Heat or Nets would be exciting and could be useful to generate momentum for a (hopefully) hard-fought battle with the Pistons.

Knucklehead Warrior
03-03-2006, 11:38 AM
The prevailing problem is how are the injured guys going to integrate into our current system or will the system have to change? Anybody remember the Kings when CWeb came back for the playoffs?

I fear this potential problem more than I fear the Cavs, yet I don't think we can expect the Cavs to come apart like they did last year. I expect a good series going 6 games or so. Ditto for NJ.

That said, if we're firing on all cylinders, we could be very competitive, even for the pisstons.
:sunshine: And in my little dream world, the pisstons go down. :sunshine:

Moses
03-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Are you kidding me?

Clevland isn't very good at home and they are absolutely horrific on the road. Any team that loses a 25 point lead to the bulls doesn't scare me. They are on the verge of another second half collapse.

Kegboy
03-03-2006, 01:16 PM
No, Cleveland doesn't scare me. My only concern would be that Mike Brown may have a Gruden-esque advantage against us, but we've changed considerably since last year.

CableKC
03-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Are you kidding me?

Clevland isn't very good at home and they are absolutely horrific on the road. Any team that loses a 25 point lead to the bulls doesn't scare me. They are on the verge of another second half collapse.

The Cavs are 20-10 at home ( in comparison...we are 18-9 at home ) and plays slightly above average defense there.....so I wouldn't say that they are necessarily a pushover there. As you said...we have to win at least 1 game there to be do good...so we maybe able to pull it out in the end.

The key to everything is to have homecourt advantage against the Cavs because I can see Lebron going all Kobe on any team that he plays in his first Playoff game.

Fool
03-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Not to mention that while they are far worse on the road then at home, they still have a better record then the Pacers on the road.

If this losing semi-streak continues then I can see writing them off. But if its just a streak then I would think that HCA means more against the Cavs then any one of your other opponents.

grace
03-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Cleveland was so pathetic last night in the 4th quarter I couldn't believe my eyes. I could almost understand why their fans booed LeBron a week ago.