PDA

View Full Version : Who is your 10 day contract person?

Major Cold
03-02-2006, 01:15 PM
I really don't know the logistics, but we need some beef to rest up Foster, Pollard, and Harrison.

John Amachei- He has ran his course in the NBA
Elden Campbell- Just some beef to rest the pork or something
D. Coleman- Is it possible to resurrect the dead?
Keon Clark- Really has done nothing since Toronto, he is a shot blocker
A. DeClerq- can rebound but might not fit
Marcus Fizer- He is a hustler, but can play out of role a lot
L. Funderburke- He screwed IU so screw him
M. Haislip- Dejavu, but versus da bulls he had 10 5 in 24 mins. (he had 5 fouls too)
C. Laettner- he has experience, played last year w/ heat, and can fit here
T. Massenburg- he played for the Spurs last year as a scrub can he play for us this year
R, Traylor- Had a series of good games with the Cavs last year
J. White- MJ thought he could be productive for the Wiz at one time
Kevin Willis- Old man Winter
Wang Zhizhi- no comment

I got the names off of www.realgm.com (http://www.realgm.com)

Keep in mind the players would not make next years roster. I personally like Massenburg and Laettner

Shade
03-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Maybe Campbell, in case we face the Heat in the playoffs, but none of those names excite me too much.

penn13
03-02-2006, 01:22 PM
There is a big man out there that wants to play....dare I say...Dennis Rodman.

Major Cold
03-02-2006, 01:28 PM
He is qualified for Medi_care Right?

CableKC
03-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Isn't the question geared more to get a 10-day contract player that can help us out now...as opposed to the playoffs?

As Peck said....I agree with him that we simply need someone to help out at the PF/C spot so that we can give Foster/Harrison/Pollard the majority of the minutes....but also give them some time to rest and recover.

I guess Fizer would be a good option...but I would guess that someone else is gonna sign him given his recent performance. Other veterans like Laettner or DeClerq won't be bad for simple Big Man filler time. I don't really know.....we just need a PF/C that can come in and do some filler time.

travmil
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Of the guys on that list, Keon Clark would be the most help. However, if he wanted to be here he would have been already instead of Samaki Walker. From reading various things on the net (and yes, I believe it all!) the Pacers have been in touch with him at various times over the last year.

ChicagoJ
03-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Okay... you know its coming...

Do you mean Keon found his cell phone, or that the Pacers have visited him in the Danville, IL jail?

Good stuff here: http://thebballblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/lost-found-keon-clark.html

MagicRat
03-02-2006, 06:34 PM
What's Adrian Caldwell up to these days?........

Jermaniac
03-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Slip or Marcus Fizer

Eindar
03-02-2006, 07:00 PM
If we sign Laettner, I may very well stop watching the Pacers until he's gone.

Bar none, my least favorite player in the history of basketball.

Kegboy
03-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Here's Hoopshype's lists:

Power Forwards

Robert Traylor Last team: Cleveland
Marcus Fizer Last team: Austin
Christian Laettner Last team: Miami
Tom Gugliotta Last team: Atlanta
Mark Pope Last team: Denver

Others: Sam Clancy, Keon Clark, Lawrence Funderburke, Randy Holcomb, Derek Hood, Herve Lamizana, Antonio Lang, Tony Massenburg, Anthony Miller, Jerome Moiso, Cherokee Parks, Mark Pope, Don Reid, Dennis Rodman, Lee Scruggs, Paul Shirley, Leon Smith, Derek Strong, Roy Tarpley, James Thomas, John Thomas, Lucas Tischer, Clarence Weatherspoon, Mark Vershaw, Nate Williams and Kelly Wise

Centers

Zendon Hamilton Last team: Philadelphia
Jahidi White Last team: Cleveland
Jared Reiner Last team: Phoenix
Andrew DeClercq Last team: Orlando
Elden Campbell Last team: Detroit

Others: Deji Akindele, Ernest Brown, Kip Christianson, Keith Closs, Peter Cornell, Nigel Dixon, Robb Dryden, Anwar Ferguson, Steve Goodrich, Paul Grant, Thomas Hamilton, Nate Huffman, Ken Johnson, Lonnie Jones, Jonathan Kerner, Lari Ketner, Chris Marcus, Oliver Miller, Josh Moore, Toree Morris, Adam Parada, Olden Polynice, Livan Pyfrom, Eric Riley, Stanley Roberts, Ron Rollerson, Luke Schenscher, Michael Smith, Vladimir Stepania, Wang Zhizhi, Sonny Watson, Joe White, Jayson Williams, Kevin Willis and Neil Yanke

-------------------------

I've always wanted Kevin Willis. I don't care if he's 97, let's get him!

Kaufman
03-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Remember Snap?

Jermaniac
03-02-2006, 07:10 PM
How much help could 5 PG's do us?

Will Galen
03-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Shawn Kemp.

http://www.komotv.com/sports/story.asp?ID=40397

8.9_seconds
03-02-2006, 07:19 PM
How much help could 5 PG's do us?

Jerm,What is wrong with you??? In the even that JO,Scot,Cro,hulk,Jeff, Peja,Freddy, and Danny get hurt, we have another full rotation!!! It's genius.

Outlaw
03-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Shawn Kemp.

http://www.komotv.com/sports/story.asp?ID=40397

I find Kemp interesting. Would not be a bad pickup for a short time.IMO

8.9_seconds
03-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I find Kemp interesting. Would not be a bad pickup for a short time.IMO

I agree.

Kaufman
03-02-2006, 08:52 PM
What kind of influence do you think Kemp might be on all the youngins?

Outlaw
03-02-2006, 10:11 PM
We're only talking for a short time. 10 day contract. Besides if it were for the rest of the season he could do no more damage then Artest has done for the last 2 years.

From what I have read on Kemp is that he is in shape and also cleaned his life up.:cool:

SoupIsGood
03-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Tractor traylor!

JBones19
03-02-2006, 11:18 PM
invite in Oliver Miller and Greg Kite and make them cage fight to see who gets to sign with us.

-J

larry
03-03-2006, 12:11 AM
If we sign Laettner, I may very well stop watching the Pacers until he's gone.

Bar none, my least favorite player in the history of basketball.
yeah, i wanted 2 see mashburn vs. cheney that year. his shot gave us duke. iu vs. uk in the final 4? back when we were good, oh lord!! what is your reason?

D-BONE
03-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Gotta get Roy Tarpley outta shrink wrap!:-p

Raskolnikov
03-03-2006, 07:12 AM
No one!

FrenchConnection
03-03-2006, 07:56 AM
No one!

Gotta agree here. As much as it would give us someone to talk about, we are winning with the players that we have.

marcd
03-03-2006, 08:21 AM
What kind of influence do you think Kemp might be on all the youngins?

Well, he does have a lot of his own kids...

Eindar
03-03-2006, 09:24 AM
yeah, i wanted 2 see mashburn vs. cheney that year. his shot gave us duke. iu vs. uk in the final 4? back when we were good, oh lord!! what is your reason?

Well, I hated the little last second turn around shot he made at the time, although, I respect it more the older I get. What I hate about Laettner is that he was so overrated on the college level because he had no dominant big men to go against, and moreso, that on every level he's ever played on, he's a dirty player, and will lie, cheat, steal, or injure to win. It's not even an "I hate him because he's so good and he beats us" sort of thing. I hate him because he's an evil person, and I wouldn't want to win if I had to win dirty, and that's exactly what Laettner would bring to this team.

Kegboy
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
No one!

And if Pollard can't play, you're fine with a 3-main rotation of Foster, Harrison, and Granger at the 4-5?

Raskolnikov
03-03-2006, 12:03 PM
And if Pollard can't play, you're fine with a 3-main rotation of Foster, Harrison, and Granger at the 4-5?
If it were only for one or two games, yes. Peja can play the 4 a bit as well then. If Polly's out longer (or Cro isn't back yet), then we'll have to sign a PF-C of course to help us out.

I'd just try to avoid the addition of another new player when chemistry is developing that well. Signing a player to a 10 day contract is something you only do when you're really forced to do it (which I hope we won't be) or when there's an overlooked, great player available.

grace
03-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Considering the frequency and length of injuries for the Pacers I think it would be a good idea to sign someone. I don't know who and quite frankly I don't really care (until they sign someone I hate).

CableKC
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
^^Agreed.....its only a 10-day contract....with the main reason because I would like to play but limit the # of minutes that Foster/Harrison/Pollard plays to keep them healthy for the long run.

This is a 10-day contract....not one for the rest of the season. We sign whatever Big Man...then let him go as we get closer to the playoffs.

Pacesetter
03-03-2006, 03:55 PM
I'd go with either Elden or Fizer if I HAD to pick up a 10 day contract.