PDA

View Full Version : Jon Barry, Jim Jackson Waived - any interest?

blanket
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/transactions

Rockets waived Jon Barry

Suns waived Jim Jackson

Kstat
03-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Barry- broken down

Jackson- bad teamate

And it pains me to say that about Barry, he used to be really fun to watch.

Jackson's played for 11 teams already, and all of them will tell you the exact same thing: good scorer, awful teamate.

rexnom
03-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Barry- broken down

Jackson- bad teamate

And it pains me to say that about Barry, he used to be really fun to watch.

Jackson's played for 11 teams already, and all of them will tell you the exact same thing: good scorer, awful teamate.

I was somewhat surprised at Jackson getting waived, although that bad teammate stuff explains it.

CableKC
03-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm surprised that Barry was waived.....I understand why Jim Jackson was waived...to clear space for TThomas. But why Barry? He's still an acceptable 3pt role-player....despite his age.

ChicagoJ
03-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Broken down or not, who thinks JO is begging management for Jon Barry again?

I'd take him to see if there might be anything left in the tank.

Anthem
03-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Great... another guard.

kellogg
03-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Given what this team has gone through with knuckleheads (Artest) and immaturity (JO) and whatever (Tinsley)...I don't care what J Jackson brings 'on paper'...there's a reason why 11 teams unloaded him.

One volatile 'Jackson' is enough...but at least ours has settled down, has shown he can play within a team concept, and has a ring...all things JJax cannot say.

BillS
03-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Great... another guard.

Except Barry is a specific role-player at 2, not a starting contender at 1.

I wouldn't mind bringing Barry in to see if he still has the ability to come off the bench for 2 or 3 3-pointers in a row. That's the kind of weapon we need toward the end of a close game.