PDA

View Full Version : Well, Joe Dumars must like me....

Kstat
02-28-2006, 09:23 PM
The last two years, I've asked the Pistons to sign certain free agents by today, which happens to be my brithday.

Last year I asked for Dale Davis. I got Elden Campbell. Kinda a let-down, but Joe came through for me 6 months later :D

This week, I asked for Tony Delk, and Joe went out and got him today. Thanks, Joe.

Seems like Delk has been in the NBA forever, doesn't it? Yet he's only 32. I don't expect him to make a world of difference, but he's a nice player to have as a #3 PG.

GO!!!!!
02-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Well Congratulations and Happy Bday, even if I am a day late ( it's March 1st down here )

Delk should be a great addition and I'm sure he can play the 2 Grd at times as well

Kstat
02-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Happy birthday to you too, GO!!!!! .

Hicks
02-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Here's a question I have. What happens to people who are born on February 29? How do they celebrate the majority of their b-days?

MagicRat
02-28-2006, 09:33 PM
The last two years, I've asked the Pistons to sign certain free agents by today, which happens to be my brithday.

Well, Happy Brithday.

I'm glad at least 1 person likes you, I guess..........:whoknows:

:cheers:

Kstat
02-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Here's a question I have. What happens to people who are born on February 29? How do they celebrate the majority of their b-days?

I've met quite a few. The ones I know don't like to talk about it.

Typically, though, they celebrate it March 1.

Slick Pinkham
02-28-2006, 09:35 PM
The Pistons now have one of the most unlikely members of the 50-point club.

Yes, Tony Delk once had a 53-point game.

Kstat
02-28-2006, 09:36 PM
The most unlikely member was Willie Burton.

Tony's right up there, though. If Dipper was around, he'd expound on this.

piksi
02-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Yes, Tony Delk once had a 53-point game.

yes, it was quiet a nightmare game but we still won it

Young
02-28-2006, 10:12 PM
I hate the Pistons.

I think that Tony Delk is a pretty decent player if you use him right. I was hoping he would go to either the Suns or Nuggets. I think he would have fit in well with those teams but I guess at this stage of his career he wants a championship and Detroit looks like the champs right now. So I can't really blame him.

dipperdunk
02-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Seems like Delk has been in the NBA forever, doesn't it? Yet he's only 32. I don't expect him to make a world of difference, but he's a nice player to have as a #3 PG.

A nice #3? He would be the #1 pg on the Sixers; in an effort to get the ball out of Iverson's hands we now have the legendary Kevin Ollie starting for us at the point. :laugh:

I think Willie Burton holds the record for most points ever scored at the Spectrum from that game and that was probably the only time he ever scored over 25 in his career. That was the John Lucas era where he had like 3 or 4 former drug addicts on the team that he was trying to help stay clean and Burton was one of them.

FreshPrince22
02-28-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm very happy with this pickup. The guy averaged 12ppg last year off the bench, so I'm sure he can throw up a couple double digit scoring games for us.

Kstat
02-28-2006, 10:33 PM
It remains to be seen how much Delk will even play. We're already playing a 10-man rotation, and our bench is doing extremely well.

FreshPrince22
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
It remains to be seen how much Delk will even play. We're already playing a 10-man rotation, and our bench is doing extremely well.

Yea, we'll see. Lindsey has really sparked the defense lately. But if Tony has some of that hot shooting left in him I wouldn't be suprised to see him and Lindsey sharing the backcourt, pitbulls style. As of now we don't really have anyone that can consistantly create his own shot from the backcourt off the bench. I think Delfino could, but Flip seems like using him as a spot up shooter (:rolleyes:). Either way, he's great insurance for Lindsey's ankle.

Anthem
02-28-2006, 10:56 PM
today, which happens to be my brithday.
Man, I thought we had a birthday smiley, but I was wrong. You'll have to settle for fireworks.

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks :fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

You're 9 now, right? :flirt:

Shade
02-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Happy B-Day, Stats...

...'ya rotten *******. :tongue: ;)

Suaveness
02-28-2006, 11:34 PM
You know that I hate you for liking the Pistons. It's never too late to join the dark side....(it's pretty dark over hear, considering how much the Pacers stink....)

However, I'll admit you have other good points

CableKC
03-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Happy Birthday KStat....next year...ask for Dennis Rodman and Vernon Maxwell to be in a Pistons Uniform.....better yet...ask for Antoine Walker.

18to88
03-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Proof that Pistons management reads internet message boards! Hey Joe Dumars if you're reading this!

Fool
03-01-2006, 01:32 AM

I wouldn't say they are doing "extremely well". Maybe in comparison to last year or even the 1st half of this season, but that's really just a statement of how poor they've been at times. Since the all-star break they've definately improved (thanks to Lindsey, no Arroyo, and Flip finally following through with his "I'll play the bench more" talk) and I'm happy with their performance. But "extrememly well" is over the top (IMO), I'd say they've been "solid" as of late.