PDA

View Full Version : When will Isiah Thomas get the axe in NY?

Slick Pinkham
02-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Now that the ownership is involved, the writing seems to be on the wall.

-before March 6
-between March6 and March 31
-in April
-in the offseason
-you crazy, his job is safe!

indygeezer
02-28-2006, 04:44 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39386/20060228/isiah_on_his_way_out/

Geezer News Headlines:

THOMAS ON HIS WAY OUT AS KNICKS PRES, TO COACH IU HOOSIERS NEXT

chew on that thought awhile

FrenchConnection
02-28-2006, 04:48 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39386/20060228/isiah_on_his_way_out/

Geezer News Headlines:

THOMAS ON HIS WAY OUT AS KNICKS PRES, TO COACH IU HOOSIERS NEXT

chew on that thought awhile

NO!!!!!!! Please no!!! Isiah Thomas is not allowed within 100 feet of the locker room of any basketball team that I care about any more!!!!! Anybody but him!

Shade
02-28-2006, 05:32 PM
I will go on a 51-state killing spree if Zeke is hired to replace Mike Davis (I'll kill everyone in NY twice).

SoupIsGood
02-28-2006, 05:33 PM
soon

btowncolt
02-28-2006, 05:34 PM
I will go on a 51-state killing spree if Zeke is hired to replace Mike Davis (I'll kill everyone in NY twice).

Ha! I'm staying in the District that night!

GO!!!!!
02-28-2006, 07:38 PM
He'll sweet talk his cherry arse out of this, he's Safe !!

Young
02-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't know when he will be fired but it has to be soon.

He took over a team that was in cap hell and going nowhere but downhill and fast. Well Thomas has made them go downhill even faster after all he has done, especially since the start of last summer's free agent signings but overall, other than his drafting, he has been god awful there, just like everywhere else he has been.

To a team that was already in cap hell he added (Since he took over the Knicks):
- Marbury: Around 70 million/4 years left
- Jalen Rose: Owed 31 million/2 years
- Francis: 51 million/4 years
- Mo Taylor: 18 million/2 years
- Eddy Curry: He is still owed like 50 million over the next 5 years or so, hoopshype doesn't have it listed so I am trying to take a good guess.
- QRichardson: 40 million/5 years
- Crawford: 49 million/6 years
- Malik Rose: 19 million/3 years
- Jerome James: 28 million/5 years

^Just estimates and they do include this season's salary.

His 3 good contracts he had, he traded. Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway, and Antonio Davis. What did he get for them? I believe it was Francis, Rose, and was it Eddy Curry in exchange for Tim Thomas?

Thomas has made 4 good additions to the team. Channy Frye, Nate Robinson, David Lee, and Trevor Ariza.

Overall though NY is getting more and more into cap hell and worse and worse on the court. Thomas has gotten rid of some of their best assets in the last two trades, 2 expiering contracts, Trevor Ariza (Solid young player), and I think a pick or two.

Oh yeah, being one of the bottom 2 teams in the league and you don't have your first round draft pick.

IT should be fired. He has just flat out sucked.

Kstat
02-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Isiah apparently over-estimated his owner's tolerance for the luxury tax....

DisplacedKnick
03-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Isiah apparently over-estimated his owner's tolerance for the luxury tax....

Not too much - from all accounts Dolan had told him to just let Penny's contract expire. Isiah came back and told him that if they could use it to get a player he could improve the team and Dolan said OK.

I still have a hard time believing that getting Francis was LB's idea.

DisplacedKnick
03-01-2006, 06:55 AM
I don't know when he will be fired but it has to be soon.

He took over a team that was in cap hell and going nowhere but downhill and fast. Well Thomas has made them go downhill even faster after all he has done, especially since the start of last summer's free agent signings but overall, other than his drafting, he has been god awful there, just like everywhere else he has been.

To a team that was already in cap hell he added (Since he took over the Knicks):
- Marbury: Around 70 million/4 years left
- Jalen Rose: Owed 31 million/2 years
- Francis: 51 million/4 years
- Mo Taylor: 18 million/2 years
- Eddy Curry: He is still owed like 50 million over the next 5 years or so, hoopshype doesn't have it listed so I am trying to take a good guess.
- QRichardson: 40 million/5 years
- Crawford: 49 million/6 years
- Malik Rose: 19 million/3 years
- Jerome James: 28 million/5 years

^Just estimates and they do include this season's salary.

His 3 good contracts he had, he traded. Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway, and Antonio Davis. What did he get for them? I believe it was Francis, Rose, and was it Eddy Curry in exchange for Tim Thomas?

Thomas has made 4 good additions to the team. Channy Frye, Nate Robinson, David Lee, and Trevor Ariza.

Overall though NY is getting more and more into cap hell and worse and worse on the court. Thomas has gotten rid of some of their best assets in the last two trades, 2 expiering contracts, Trevor Ariza (Solid young player), and I think a pick or two.

Oh yeah, being one of the bottom 2 teams in the league and you don't have your first round draft pick.

IT should be fired. He has just flat out sucked.

I posted this on a Knick board and won't go into details but since last season's trading deadline deals with Mo Taylor and Malik Rose Isiah has replaced contracts that would have expired by this summer with contracts that cumulatively add up to far more than what Detroit's entire team salary will be this summer - before they re-sign some people anyway.

Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, Jalen Rose and Steve Francis all were picked up for expiring deals, plus he signed Jerome James.

Fool
03-01-2006, 08:26 AM
My guess is that Brown splits before Zeke gets the axe.

Doug
03-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I think they will give him the summer to finish executing his master plan.

Then look for him to be gone in the fall after he can't trade what he's got for a superstar.

Kegboy
03-01-2006, 09:56 AM
I think they will give him the summer to finish executing his master plan.

Then look for him to be gone in the fall after he can't trade what he's got for a superstar.

Yep, this summer is his last chance. That is, if he doesn't take the IU job. :devil:

Gyron
03-01-2006, 11:52 AM
According to a story on Fox Sports this morning Dolan came to a rare team meeting in the locker room with Isiah and Brown and said thier jobs are safe. No changes in coaching or management would be coming.

bulletproof
03-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I wonder what DW could make as GM in NY once his contract expires next year. $7-10 million, I'm guessing.

waxman
03-01-2006, 12:07 PM
According to a story on Fox Sports this morning Dolan came to a rare team meeting in the locker room with Isiah and Brown and said thier jobs are safe. No changes in coaching or management would be coming.

Ahh... the kiss of death.

No changes will be made (...today or tomorrow anyway.)

Since86
03-01-2006, 01:33 PM
You really think he would be fired after being allowed to trade at the deadline?

He had to have the okay to go after Stevie, and he did. An owner isn't going to let his GM trade for that hefty of a contract, making their cap that much more sticky then fire him.

I'm willing to bet they'll discuss a contract buy-out with LB before they fire Isiah.

SoupIsGood
03-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Just fire the guy! :mad: