PDA

View Full Version : Conseco Fieldhouse Still Number One

Will Galen
02-28-2006, 01:17 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/

Conseco Fieldhouse Still
Tops Arena Rankings

The Ultimate Sports Road Trip (www.thesportsroadtrip.com) recently completed a re-scoring of all 30 National Basketball Association venues, including the new buildings in Charlotte, Houston and Memphis, and Conseco Fieldhouse earned the top spot, again. The No. 1 ranking not only includes basketball venues, but each team’s building in the four major sports.

Peter Farrell and Andrew Kulyk from Buffalo, NY, embarked on the Ultimate Sports Road Trip in 1998 visiting all the venues of each team in Major League Baseball, the NBA, the National Football League and the National Hockey League. The duo completed their initial journey in December 2002, at the time, witnessing 121 teams in 102 different venues in 49 cities.

“We want you to know that our Ultimate Sports Road Trip project is alive and well,” said Kulyk. “We have continued to visit venues in the four sports, and especially teams that have replaced venues or relocated so that our matrix of completed teams is always up to date. The result…Conseco Fieldhouse is still No. 1.”

For the complete rankings of the Ultimate Sports Road Trip, please visit www.thesportsroadtrip.com.

CONSECO FIELDHOUSE

INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
INDIANA PACERS
"In 49 states it'sjust basketball... but this is Indiana". This slogan rings in the opening montage, and this building so personifies the basketball tradition in the Hoosier State. This is not just a fieldhouse, it is THE fieldhouse, modeled after the state's high school gymnasiums and college venues where basketball reigns supreme. Complete with great displays and set in a vibrant downtown neighborhood, we rank this venue the finest of them all in the four major sports.

Raskolnikov
02-28-2006, 01:25 PM
:proud:

Kstat
02-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Good to see the Palace is still better than %90 of the Arenas in the NBA, even though it's older than all but 2 of them...

That's the beauty of the owner building with his own money, though. He has free reign over rennovations.

OnlyPacersLeft
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
who's last? the magic?

Kstat
02-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Bottom 3 were Orlando, Golden State and NJ, in that order.

At leats Orlando and NJ have the excuse of old, outdated arenas. Golden State's arena has been ripped apart and rebuilt, it's essentially younger than conseco, that's pathetic.

Deadshot
02-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't know if Orlando is really that bad, but it does seem rather dark when I go there.

Fool
02-28-2006, 02:43 PM
There negatives are mostly "the ushers didn't let us jump down into the lower level to take a picture" or "there aren't any club seats" for most places that score low. It seems are rather small range from best to worst (that's not a slap at their view of Conseco, I hear its a beautiful stadium).

Pacesetter
02-28-2006, 03:47 PM
The place is such a fine piece of work. Donnie deserves alot of praise for helping put it together.

Eindar
02-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Good to see the Palace is still better than %90 of the Arenas in the NBA, even though it's older than all but 2 of them...

That's the beauty of the owner building with his own money, though. He has free reign over rennovations.

Good thing they were judging the stadium only, and not the fans.

Sorry, too easy to resist. :D

cramerica
02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Good to see the RCA Dome so high in the NFL section.

317Kim
02-28-2006, 05:42 PM
This is good to hear :)

Lord Helmet
02-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Very happy to see Conseco number one.

Hopefully it can stay there.

OnlyPacersLeft
02-28-2006, 06:36 PM
There negatives are mostly "the ushers didn't let us jump down into the lower level to take a picture" or "there aren't any club seats" for most places that score low. It seems are rather small range from best to worst (that's not a slap at their view of Conseco, I hear its a beautiful stadium).
who those bottom 3 teams?
I know the orlando arena is unfriendly with ridiculous prices and just flat out bad views. There skybox's suck and you might aswell buy a 10$ ticket and eat nachos for 6...

OnlyPacersLeft
02-28-2006, 06:53 PM
lol@the magic...of course,....theres reasons besides the magic sucking that no one shows up to the games~!

Evan_The_Dude
02-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah the Oakland Arena (Warriors) is awful, even after the renovations. I can't believe as many times as I've been ton Indiana I have yet to step into Conseco.

ChicagoJ
02-28-2006, 07:40 PM
I've been to about 1/4 of the arenas, I rank Conseco Fieldhouse #1 and its a very close battle for second between The Palace and America West.

What makes those three so much better than everything else? They're designed primarily for basketball, not hockey. So the seats are closer and the sightlines (especially at and behind the baseline) are infinitely better.

larry
02-28-2006, 08:12 PM
i love conseco but i used 2 love market square 2. With those lights that would say pacers vs, the big picture of reggie, & the fact it would get rca dome loud! u know #1 will be the new busch 4 the cardinals. if anybody ever goes there u know its special now. anybody know where they keep that giant reggie from msa? they put it inside conseco 4 his last game, so they keep it somewhere.

Frank Slade
02-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Did everyone notice the top Arena in each of the Four Major Leagues
are all in the Midwest ?

IN NBA
IL MLB
OH NHL
WI NFL

SamBear
02-28-2006, 09:14 PM
That was great!!! Thanks for the link Will... :D

SBC/ATT Center... #5... :buddies: