PDA

View Full Version : Indy IU Fans: Landon Turner Book Signing March 1 6PM

BigMac
02-28-2006, 10:16 AM
The location is Dookz, located off of 96th Street directly behind Bahama Breeze. North Side of Indianapolis. Time is 6PM to 8PM and IU vs. Purdue comes on at 8PM. This is on Wednesday, March 1.

Landon Turner (drafted by the Boston Celtics to make this NBA related) will sign books and talk about hoops. He's a really great guy and Dookz is a family sports restaurant-serves beer, wine, liquor, and a full menu. Really good food.

Directions: From I-465 get off at the N.Keystone exit, head North. Turn right at first stop light on Keystone (96th Street), go past second light, turn right where you see Bahama Breeze. Located directly behind Bahama Breeze. You cannot miss it. It is in the Precedent area.

If you are an IU fan please plan on attending. If you cannot attend, please share this with your other IU friends. Thank you.

RWB
02-28-2006, 10:36 AM
The location is Dookz, located off of 96th Street directly behind Bahama Breeze. North Side of Indianapolis. Time is 6PM to 8PM and IU vs. Purdue comes on at 8PM. This is on Wednesday, March 1.

Landon Turner (drafted by the Boston Celtics to make this NBA related) will sign books and talk about hoops. He's a really great guy and Dookz is a family sports restaurant-serves beer, wine, liquor, and a full menu. Really good food.

Directions: From I-465 get off at the N.Keystone exit, head North. Turn right at first stop light on Keystone (96th Street), go past second light, turn right where you see Bahama Breeze. Located directly behind Bahama Breeze. You cannot miss it. It is in the Precedent area.

If you are an IU fan please plan on attending. If you cannot attend, please share this with your other IU friends. Thank you.

Cool that you posted that BigMac. Got my autographed copy at a Colts game this year. Landon not only signs his name, but really takes the time to personalize it. Even for Purdue fans....;)

Pacesetter
02-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!!!

Some of the older guys here remember Landon and what his injury did to Bob Knight, and pretty much everyone around IU basketball. I still remember the pain from his tragic accident. I know everything happens for a reason, but to watch him play was so incredible, it was magical!

18to88
02-28-2006, 08:45 PM
How was he drafted by the Celtics? He was hurt his senior year.

aceace
02-28-2006, 10:15 PM
He got hurt about 3 months after IU won the 81 NCAA Champ. The Celtics drafted him in the last rnd of the NBA Draft (10 rnds back then) Red Auerback did it because Bob Knight asked him too.

18to88
03-01-2006, 01:06 AM
So they drafted him even though he wouldn't play? I saw he was the last pick in the draft.

aceace
03-01-2006, 04:46 PM
He was in and out of Knights doghouse through the first 10 games of his senior season. One game he was playing terribly and several of the starters were getting on him and Knight pulled him out this was in the 2nd half. About 5 minutes later Knight put him back in for the sole purpose of letting him embarass himself (unlike Bobby but he wanted to teach him a lesson) . Turner played like Karl Malone for the last 10 minutes of the game. The Hoosiers dominated everyone the rest of the way and never lost a game winning the NCAA tourn. with 9 regular season losses. Thats the way I remember it. Turner was expected to be the first player taken in the draft that year. He was on his way to Kings Island with some friends when the accident happened.

Bball
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
He was in and out of Knights doghouse through the first 10 games of his senior season. One game he was playing terribly and several of the starters were getting on him and Knight pulled him out this was in the 2nd half. About 5 minutes later Knight put him back in for the sole purpose of letting him embarass himself (unlike Bobby but he wanted to teach him a lesson) . Turner played like Karl Malone for the last 10 minutes of the game. The Hoosiers dominated everyone the rest of the way and never lost a game winning the NCAA tourn. with 9 regular season losses. Thats the way I remember it. Turner was expected to be the first player taken in the draft that year. He was on his way to Kings Island with some friends when the accident happened.

I don't remember that being Landon's senior year... but the gist of the accounts here are accurate.

Was this still in the era when juniors could be drafted and not lose their senior year of college?

In any case, the Celtics drafted Turner as a sign of respect. It was a very nice gesture on their part.

-Bball

Skaut_Ech
03-03-2006, 07:53 PM
I hung out with him at Ye Old Regulator (Bloomington bar-Any old IU people remember that place?) following his accident and even in his wheelchair, he was a horndog. He kept groping on women to the point that management was getting a bit fed up with him. I was cracking up. He was a very solid player.

aceace
03-03-2006, 08:05 PM
I hung out with him at Ye Old Regulator (Bloomington bar-Any old IU people remember that place?) following his accident and even in his wheelchair, he was a horndog. He kept groping on women to the point that management was getting a bit fed up with him. I was cracking up. He was a very solid player.I live south of Bloomington and the Reg was the first bar I ever got into underage.:) (19) it was great, college chicks galore. Landon may have been a Junior, I just remember Knight saying Landon would have prob. been the top pick. maybe he was going to turn pro and had already told Coach.

Bball
03-04-2006, 04:55 AM
I hung out with him at Ye Old Regulator (Bloomington bar-Any old IU people remember that place?) following his accident and even in his wheelchair, he was a horndog. He kept groping on women to the point that management was getting a bit fed up with him. I was cracking up. He was a very solid player.

Between Jakes and the Bluebird (or for anyone really old, between Oscars or Time Out and the Bluebird (depending on your era).

It's now Kilroy's Sports Bar. It was The Stardust for a short period of time.

-Bball "owner of useless trivia"

BigMac
03-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Between Jakes and the Bluebird (or for anyone really old, between Oscars or Time Out and the Bluebird (depending on your era).

It's now Kilroy's Sports Bar. It was The Stardust for a short period of time.

-Bball "owner of useless trivia"

Been a while since I was in Bloomington. Did Kilroy's move or is this a spin off of Kilroy's that was by the campus across from Nick's?

I remember Kilroy's giant cheese sticks and the casual and young atmosphere. The older Btown crowd was at the Bird (where I was a boucer-as well as the Vogue and Patio in Indy) and Nick's.