PDA

View Full Version : Dale Davis: How does he feel?

8.9_seconds
02-26-2006, 05:43 PM
After he came back with us last year, he was one of the main reasons, if not the main reason we did as well as we did. Do you think that he's happy he's on his way to a very possible championship, or is he regretting going, b/c of his lack of playing time? I know he's probably being saved for the off season, but why mess with what works? Look what the Pistons have accomplished the rotation they have now, why change that?

What do you think is going on with Dale?

Anthem
02-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Dale's always been all about the money.

The Pistons gave him a $10mil contract. He's feeling great.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 05:51 PM
So long as he shows up and plays like Dale Davis, doesn't matter to me what his motivation is.

He's always seemed happy on the bench to me, he's been one of the biggest supporters of other players on the bench.

Aside from that, Dale's playing a lot more now. He looked awesome today: 5 boards, 2 blocks in 8 minutes, and played terriffic defense.

He'll probably play more and more as the season winds down. They're getting him and Hunter ready for the playoffs.

As for our bench rotation, it wasn't working at all. We've had one of the least-productive benches in the NBA until recently.

Since Dale and Hunter started playing, though, our bench has been tremendous.

I really don't think Dale regrets coming here. He knew exactly how tough our frontcourt rotation was when he signed here.

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Like one of those big, fancy expensive cars that you shell out a lot of dough for, but never actually drive anywhere....

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Dale's always been all about the money.

The Pistons gave him a $10mil contract. He's feeling great.

First, It was $7 million. Second, he has been playing more lately. He got 8 minutes today, and made a big positive impact. I'm sure he's fine, sitting on a team that's 46-9.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Of course he is. He is also happy with Saint Sheed on his team, so I dont know what else he could ask for ;)

Well, saint reggie retired, so he had to go to his next best friend...

Anthem
02-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Although to be fair Anthem, I did read a interview where Dale did claim that the Pacers never offered him a contract....
Well, that's true. Dale went out and got a big contract, and Donnie didn't bother to match it. Didn't mean he wouldn't have gotten a contract from us.

Anthem
02-26-2006, 06:28 PM
First, It was $7 million.
Yeah, just saw that on HH.

I thought it was a 3-year deal?

Kstat
02-26-2006, 06:29 PM
no, 2 years.