PDA

View Full Version : Rashweed had better be suspended

PacerMan
02-26-2006, 01:47 PM
That shot to the head of Illgousgus(sp) was blatant and intentional. Not even close to an accident. He should have been tossed and he better be suspended.
What a bunch of cry baby thugs. It's a shame they're such a good team, they don't deserve the accolades.
I hate the ****-ons.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Jermaine Oneal wishes that he got as much attention as Rasheed Wallace on this board.... :laugh:

:buddies:

Kaufman
02-26-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm sure they hate you.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm sure they hate you.

They love you though....

They're just selective, that's all.

Suaveness
02-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Jermaine Oneal wishes that he got as much attention as Rasheed Wallace on this board.... :laugh:

:buddies:

Funny how Detroit brings out the worst in people....

Kstat
02-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Funny how Detroit brings out the worst in people....

I'd love to take credit, but I think he was pretty bad to begin with, don't you?

Suaveness
02-26-2006, 02:15 PM
I'd love to take credit, but I think he was pretty bad to begin with, don't you?

He could eat a live bunny...

Jermaniac
02-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Players from Detroilet dont get suspended. The NBA is all over their nuts and they just dont want to get them upset. I'm sure a Pacer will serve the suspension for what Wallace did.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 02:22 PM
He could eat a live bunny...

Is that even possible? I mean, is there a bunny small enough for you to eat it alive?

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Is that even possible? I mean, is there a bunny small enough for you to eat it alive?
http://www.barking-moonbat.com/images/uploads/easterbun.jpg

Kstat
02-26-2006, 02:32 PM
FREE BTOWN!

I don't think BTown's getting let out of Shade's closet anytime soon....

rotting flesh tends to smell worse in open air....

efx
02-26-2006, 02:38 PM
I'd play my violin for the topic poster but I dropped it and it's so damn small I can't seem to find it.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I'd play my violin for the topic poster but I dropped it and it's so damn small I can't seem to find it.

:laugh:

I don't think anybody can top that one...

Kstat
02-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Wait, how do you know that he is in the closet :shudder:

I thought he was in the basement........

Yeah, Shade lives in the basement.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 02:52 PM
So let me get this straight.

Shade lives in your basement, and Btown is in Shades closet.

No no, Shade lives In Btown's basement.

Hicks
02-26-2006, 03:03 PM
I just saw video of that "play" and that looked really dirty.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 03:08 PM
I just saw video of that "play" and that looked really dirty.

SHeed definately deserved the flagrant foul. As for a suspension, he doesnt have a history of doing this sort of thing, so no, I don't think he'll get suspended.

Should he? I'm 50/50 on that. I still have no idea if it was intentional or not. He always swats down at the ball when an opponent spins on him, and I don't think he saw Z's head directly under his elbow.

With no real history of this, all that's left is to go back and see if it was malicious, and I don't think it was. But what matters is what the NBA thinks, and I'm not sure they can make out intent here, either.

Sheed's a lot of things, but he isn't that kind of player.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a live bunny to eat.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Update: Illgauskus said he started it by elbowing Rasheed Wallace in the chops early in the first half. He said he couldn't tell if Sheed intentionally hit him or not.

He said he's not angry over it, it's part of the game and the officials handled it.

It does go towards establishing intent, though, if Z had just hit him with an elbow. League might see that as retaliation, if they decide to take action.

Jon Theodore
02-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Rasheed is better than any player on our roster, everyone is simply jealous.

efx
02-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Rasheed is better than any player on our roster, everyone is simply jealous.

Indytoad, looks like you've got some competition on this board now ;)

Kaufman
02-26-2006, 05:26 PM
They love you though....

They're just selective, that's all.

What an honor. Its nice to be loved.
I actually know and appreciate Tashaun Prince. He's a good guy and donates to the University of Kentucky athletic department. And, and, he's one of the few UK basketball products that has a diploma. Its said that Tubby Smith brags on that fact when recruiting. Go figure.

Moses
02-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Well, Did Iglauskas fall on the ground and have someone run a towel out to him like he was actually bleeding even though he wasn't? Oh wait, that was Rip Hamilton.

Sheed will get suspended just because he's long overdue.

Suaveness
02-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Ok, now that makes sense.

That was starting to get as confusing as some of my threads in the shout box..

You should see what Shade has to wear....:shudder:

bulldog
02-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Look at what Sheed said (from ESPN's article - <http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260226008>):

Wallace, who was called for a flagrant foul, hit Ilgauskas in the top of the head as the Lithuanian drove for a layup.

"I'm not going to start the game by cracking a cat in the skull if I don't get elbowed first," he said. (my emphasis)
You gotta admit, that sounds intentional. That should be a suspension. Hell, anywhere outside a basketball court that'd be assault. Sheeds a buttwipe.

aceace
02-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Sheeds probably gone for the year. Pisstons r done.

Fool
02-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Look at what Sheed said (from ESPN's article - <http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260226008>):

You gotta admit, that sounds intentional. That should be a suspension. Hell, anywhere outside a basketball court that'd be assault. Sheeds a buttwipe.

Oh its definately intentional. He deserves a game for it.

Moses
02-26-2006, 08:30 PM
He cut the guys head open..Of course hes going to get a game. I'd consider him lucky if he only gets 1 game. Two wrongs don't make a right and I really don't want to see Piston fans in here saying that he was provoked.

Fool
02-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Someone else had their head gashed ina similar manner earlier this year, can anyone recall who it was?

Hicks
02-26-2006, 09:20 PM

That reminds me of Kobe talking after he nailed Mike Miller. Not as extreme, but it still admits he did it in purpose.

Hicks
02-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Someone else had their head gashed ina similar manner earlier this year, can anyone recall who it was?

Wasn't that Shane Battier? I believe he caught an unintentional elbow in Orlando.

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 09:21 PM

Granger?

Not a similar manner I don't think, I just know he's been busted up a lot.... :shrug:

Shade
02-26-2006, 09:34 PM
And Sheed continues to prove what a lowlife he is.

317Kim
02-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Granger?

Not a similar manner I don't think, I just know he's been busted up a lot.... :shrug:

Danger got stitches from playing with the Hawks. I think the first two times we played them he got banged up.

Glad to see him walk out alive on Friday though.

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 10:40 PM
How is what Sheed did worse than what Shaq did to Bynum and only got a tech? And Sheed's was actually making a play to stop a layup. Shaq tried to take Bynum's head off 40 feet away from the ball. If he gets suspended for this when Shaq didn't get suspended for what he did, then it shows a clear bias toward superstars.

pizza guy
02-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I didn't see it, is there any video of it?

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 11:04 PM
While at first you supporting Sheed was kind of funny in a sad way, now its just funny in a "wow, look at that homer" kind of way.

And what? Star treatment in the NBA?!?!?!?! OMG. Who ever has heard of that.

What part of what I said made me look like a homer? Please tell me.

Kaufman
02-26-2006, 11:11 PM
How is what Sheed did worse than what Shaq did to Bynum and only got a tech? And Sheed's was actually making a play to stop a layup. Shaq tried to take Bynum's head off 40 feet away from the ball. If he gets suspended for this when Shaq didn't get suspended for what he did, then it shows a clear bias toward superstars.

Seems like you are deflecting the issue of Rasheed with what happened with Shaq, which is an entirely different thing. Also Rasheed has a reputation which Shaq simply has not developed.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 11:12 PM
60/40 odds Sheed gets a game.

Also, Sheed does NOT have a "reputation" for flagrant fouls.

Slick Pinkham
02-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Rasheed routinely gets away with stuff all the time. He is the beneficiary of preferential star treatment. He can call fans "b1tches" and "f@ggots" and get away with it, he can complain about every call, an basically say anything he wants for about twice as long as non-stars before he gets the T.

Expect no suspension, but just a fine. They'll probably fine Z for making contact with his head.

Kaufman
02-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Clearly I never said that Rasheed had a reputation for flagrant fouls, I think you know what I was getting at.

Shade
02-26-2006, 11:18 PM
60/40 odds Sheed gets a game.

Also, Sheed does NOT have a "reputation" for flagrant fouls.

No, but he has a reputation for being a lowlife excuse for a human being. Cussing at fans, using deragatory remarks, making racist comments, and confronting referees in parking lots after games. Yeesh, what a nutcase.

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 11:33 PM
I love it!! The Official Pacers Digest Rasheed Wallace Appreciation Thread!!!! YAY!!
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/marty_burns/05/20/rasheed.game7/p1_sheed_getty.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/RWallace_295_050503.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/7346/rasheed_wallace_245x325.jpg
http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/especiales/2003/10/nba/images/rasheed-reuters.jpg
http://www.metronews.ca/uploadedImages/hunter_article0620.jpg

NOW...

Kaufman
02-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Actually now it's the Official Pacers Digest minus one TROLL.

Kingsfanbmiller
02-27-2006, 02:54 AM

Shaq didn't actually make Bynum blead though... And I hate Shaq.

Kaufman
02-27-2006, 06:06 AM
VA, its called the ignore button. Use it. The only way I know he exists is when he's quoted, and I'm not sure he's worthy of being quoted...

D-BONE
02-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Not sure what will happen on the Z incident. I haven't even seen it yet. It's funny every time the highlight's been shown my attention is elsewhere and I look up in time to see a bloodied Z. Still yet to see the actuall shot he took. Anywho, a good friend and Piston fan reported to me that Sheed is 2 or 3 Ts away from a suspension based on league rules. Can anybody confirm that?

Pistoner
02-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Not sure what will happen on the Z incident. I haven't even seen it yet. It's funny every time the highlight's been shown my attention is elsewhere and I look up in time to see a bloodied Z. Still yet to see the actuall shot he took. Anywho, a good friend and Piston fan reported to me that Sheed is 2 or 3 Ts away from a suspension based on league rules. Can anybody confirm that?

He just got the Indiana Tech taken away. He has 12. 4 more to go.

bulldog
02-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Does that get reset for the playoffs - that is, if he gets to 16 during the regular season, then picks one up in the first round, does he sit the next game? That could be a problem for the Pistons.
I'm not sure on how I feel about whether it should be or not; on one hand, he's a tool for picking up all those techs, but on the other hand, you hate to see stuff like that interfering with the playoffs, especially when its a top contender like the Pistions.

Pistoner
02-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Does that get reset for the playoffs - that is, if he gets to 16 during the regular season, then picks one up in the first round, does he sit the next game? That could be a problem for the Pistons.
I'm not sure on how I feel about whether it should be or not; on one hand, he's a tool for picking up all those techs, but on the other hand, you hate to see stuff like that interfering with the playoffs, especially when its a top contender like the Pistions.

They don't carry over to the playoffs.

heywoode
02-27-2006, 09:59 AM
They don't carry over to the playoffs.

They should.

That would add some teeth to the rule and make players think twice during the regular season....

Jumper
02-27-2006, 01:29 PM
So at first I assumed everyone was just blowing this out of proportion being that it was a Piston that elbowed Z. Then I saw the highlight on Sportscenter. Rasheed was blatant in his actions and deserves to sit for a few games. Really the whole thing reminded me of something Ron would do. Your find yourself beat on the play and frustrated so you act out of anger and clock your opponent, disregarding their welfare. If the NBA does nothing I may start believing in the whole Piston conspiracy theory.

Pistoner
02-27-2006, 01:51 PM
So at first I assumed everyone was just blowing this out of proportion being that it was a Piston that elbowed Z. Then I saw the highlight on Sportscenter. Rasheed was blatant in his actions and deserves to sit for a few games. Really the whole thing reminded me of something Ron would do. Your find yourself beat on the play and frustrated so you act out of anger and clock your opponent, disregarding their welfare. If the NBA does nothing I may start believing in the whole Piston conspiracy theory.

Good point, it was a very Artest-like loss of composure.

RWB
02-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Some feelings on the Rasheed foul.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/sports/13971965.htm

Brown believes his hack on Z should get stiffer penalty

By Brian Windhorst
Beacon Journal sportswriterAUBURN HILLS, Mich. - The Cavaliers think that Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace's rough foul on center Zydrunas Ilgauskas on Sunday was an injustice.
Wallace raked Ilgauskas on top of the head as he drove to the basket with 10:13 left in the first quarter and opened two cuts on his scalp that required five stitches to close.
Wallace was called for a flagrant-1 foul, which gave the Cavs two shots and the ball. Cavs coach Mike Brown thought that it should've been classified as a flagrant-2 because Wallace wasn't going after the ball, which would've meant an ejection and potential suspension for the game against the Pistons game tonight in Cleveland.
``It was the wrong call. I thought Rasheed got upset and hit him on purpose,'' Brown said. ``It didn't look from my vantage point that he went for the ball.''
Brown said the Cavs will contact the league, but considering it was a nationally televised game on ABC, the footage has likely already been seen in New York. The NBA reserves the right to upgrade flagrant fouls and dole out additional penalties after reviewing film.
Wallace became upset when Ilgauskas elbowed him in the chest fighting for position before the ball arrived. After Ilgauskas got the ball and made a move to the hoop, Wallace bashed him in the head on purpose and admitted as such afterward, which might not help his cause with the league.
``Why would I crack that cat in the skull to start the game if I wasn't elbowed first,'' Wallace said.
Ilgauskas was more angry than in pain as he twice glared Wallace's way. Neither he nor any of his teammates attempted to exact revenge with anything such as a hard foul on the other end.
``I can't afford to get suspended or anything so I made my free throws, got my stitches and let the referees handle it,'' Ilgauskas said. ``I got him first with an elbow, but mine was unintentional.''
Starting lineup switch?
No one on the Cavs earned a gold star Sunday, but new addition Flip Murray put together a solid performance with 17 points in 35 minutes on the floor. Starting shooting guard Sasha Pavlovic went 1-of-6 shooting and is just 2-of-14 in his past 14 games after scoring a career-high 21 points a week ago.
Dribbles
The Pistons are now 26-2 at home this season.... Brown was called for his fourth technical of the season Sunday after arguing a foul call.... There are indications that forward Ira Newble could be activated for tonight's game against the Pistons. He has been out a month with a facial infection.... The Cavs are shooting just 107-of-171 (63 percent) from the foul line the past six games.... Since guard Larry Hughes left with an injured finger, the Cavs are 14-14.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Of course he believes he should. He has to play the Pistons again tonight.

Not saying he doesn't actually believe that, but come on, of course he's going to lobby for a Sheed suspension :laugh:

CableKC
02-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Stern's a p*ssy when it comes to laying down the law on the best teams in the NBA. If Duncan did the same thing to Big Z.......Stern would apologize to Duncan himself for letting the Refs make the call in the first place. Everyone on the Pistons roster are the darlings of the NBA now cuz they are doing so well..........I wouldn't be surprised if Stern simply rolls over and does nothing.

I can see Sterns statement starting with something along the lines of what KSTAT posted....."Upon further review, we have determined that the flagrant foul was not intentional and based off of Mr.Wallace's past history....no further action will be taken. If you'll excuse me....I have to go polish Joe Dumar's boots now......"

NOTE - there is only a hint of sarcasm in this post.....not much...but its there....:rolleyes:

Jumper
02-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Ilgauskas was more angry than in pain as he twice glared Wallace's way. Neither he nor any of his teammates attempted to exact revenge with anything such as a hard foul on the other end.
``I can't afford to get suspended or anything so I made my free throws, got my stitches and let the referees handle it,'' Ilgauskas said. ``I got him first with an elbow, but mine was unintentional.''

This league needs more players like him who realize that they are here to play the game and the refs are there to dole out punishment and enforce the rules. If everyone operated like this the league would be a easier to appreciate.

Fool
02-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Word on the local sports talk radio station is that Sheed is getting fined but not suspended.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Word on the local sports talk radio station is that Sheed is getting fined but not suspended.

This is worth it just for the 15 new "I hate sheed, he's not a classy human being like our players" threads that this is going to create... :lurk:

I thought the odds were 60/40 he'd be suspended. Either way, I wasn't going to be surprised. I've seen Alonzo Mourning get away with a lot worse, so the possibility of him not getting suspended was always there.

Personally, I was half-rooting for a suspension so I could get to see a Davis/Wallace frontline... :D

Raskolnikov
02-27-2006, 03:29 PM
I think he should've been suspended at least 3 or 4 games.

I don't get it that Harrison gets suspended for what he did and Rasheed is just fined. It doesn't make any sense to say the least.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 03:30 PM
I think he should've been suspended at least 3 or 4 games.

I don't get it that Harrison gets suspended for what he did and Rasheed is just fined. It doesn't make any sense to say the least.

Player/fan hostility>player/player violence.

Raskolnikov
02-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Player/fan hostility>player/player violence.
Strange policy.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Strange policy.

Strange, but not totally unexpected. A player getting into a direct cussing match with a fan is a lot worse for the NBA's image than one player elbowing another in the noggin.

It's silly to me, ridiculous to you, but in a business sense is makes sense.

I think the fact sheed's a 1st-time offender definately factored into this, as is the fact Illgauskus is perfectly fine and capable of playing, aside from some stiches.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 04:00 PM
It's official: Sheed gets fined $5,000. No suspension.

:dance2:

bulldog
02-27-2006, 04:10 PM
I think the key here is that whenever you make a statement that you intentionally went out and tried to hit someone, on purpose, you deserve a 2 or 3 game suspension, at least. Remember Kobe and Mike Miller? Same thing.
Listen, in the heat of a game things get out of control and you do stupid things you later regret. If you're smart and/or normal, you realize your mistake and shut up about it. What Rasheed said in the interview shows that A) it was a calculated, not a heat of the moment move, and B) that he means to intimidate other players. It's 80's/90's Pistons and the 90's Knicks all over again. Even from a business perspective, remember, Stern is the comissioner who has tried to get away from thuggish, "Bad Boys" tactics precisely because it's brutal, boring basketball.
Not to mention, I think it's just a dick and classless move. Shut up and play ball. Props to Ilgauskas for how he handled it.

edit after KSTAT's post: that's BS. How is this different from Kobe?
For some reason, ESPN chose not to run with this story, and I think Stern decided it was better to let sleeping dogs lie than suspend Sheed and have sportscenter analyze the hit 200 times tommorrow.

heywoode
02-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Just as long as our boys get the same benefit of the doubt if they break the rules.

Oh, wait.....

FreshPrince22
02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Every post you have made defending Sheed the last 48 hours.

Its almost as bad as reading the thread when people used to make excuses for Artest every time he screwed up.........

That's probably because there have been 3 new Sheed topics in the last 24 hours.... on a PACERS forum.

aceace
02-27-2006, 05:14 PM
How is what Sheed did worse than what Shaq did to Bynum and only got a tech? And Sheed's was actually making a play to stop a layup. Shaq tried to take Bynum's head off 40 feet away from the ball. If he gets suspended for this when Shaq didn't get suspended for what he did, then it shows a clear bias toward superstars.Nope... Shaq is a cop and they have special rules.

Los Angeles
02-27-2006, 05:45 PM
That's probably because there have been 3 new Sheed topics in the last 24 hours.... on a PACERS forum.
Get your facts straight.

The topics started BEFORE the last two pistons games. We can't help it if your team does nothing but CONFIRM the opinions that are reported here.

I'm getting sick of how close so many of the posts here are coming to indystar levels. Not quite trolling, but damn close.

I think you guys should cool off on needlessly defending your team just to stick your chests out for a while and just let this stuff blow over.

Please feel free to come back and talk basketball but do us all a favor and dance in the streets about your lenient and unjust fines elsewhere.

Los Angeles
02-27-2006, 06:16 PM
;)
Heh.

:flirt:

FreshPrince22
02-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Get your facts straight.

The topics started BEFORE the last two pistons games. We can't help it if your team does nothing but CONFIRM the opinions that are reported here.

I'm getting sick of how close so many of the posts here are coming to indystar levels. Not quite trolling, but damn close.

I think you guys should cool off on needlessly defending your team just to stick your chests out for a while and just let this stuff blow over.

Please feel free to come back and talk basketball but do us all a favor and dance in the streets about your lenient and unjust fines elsewhere.

You get your facts straight
"Rasheed Wallace Report Card" - started Yesterday, 05:43 AM
"I have less respect for the Pistons than I did." - started Yesterday, 11:09 PM
"Rashweed had better be suspended" - started Yesterday, 01:47 PM

Fireball Kid
02-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Wait, Wait.

:lurk:

Okay, you guys may continue.

shags
02-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Wow, great minds think alike.

I emailed that question to Mike Wells last night in his Q and A thing, not sure if/when it will get answered

As for the technicals, it does get reset in the playoffs. I think it's 7 and you're suspended, with ramped up fines.

Personally, I love this rule for the regular season. Shut up and play basketball. I think it has helped. Players don't seem to be complaining as much.

However, I don't like it for the playoffs. I don't mind the ramped up fines, but I just don't think it's good to play an NBA Finals game and potentially have a player suspended. Then again, I root for a team who probably has the only player in the league who could possibly get 7 technicals in 25 games, so maybe my perspective is skewed.

Los Angeles
02-27-2006, 06:58 PM
You get your facts straight
"Rasheed Wallace Report Card" - started Yesterday, 05:43 AM
"I have less respect for the Pistons than I did." - started Yesterday, 11:09 PM
"Rashweed had better be suspended" - started Yesterday, 01:47 PM
I deserved that, I guess.

I also stand by the rest, but I guess you didn't read that far.

This is good for nobody. I'm out.

Moses
02-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I really don't understand some of you Piston fans missions. Are you trying to convince us the Pistons are a classy team with classy fans? Do you honestly think you are going to change our mind about your team? Rasheed just split a guys head open and you are defending it. Let us vent peacefully. I really don't understand the motive behind alot of your posts. This is first and foremost a Pacers forum and you guys are getting upset that we don't love your team and adore Rasheed who is arguably the biggest thug in the NBA.

If you want to talk about how Rasheed doesn't deserve that suspension and the 5 grand fine was correct, this isn't the right forum to look for approval in.

Pacesetter
02-27-2006, 08:07 PM
I really don't understand some of you Piston fans missions. Are you trying to convince us the Pistons are a classy team with classy fans?

Their "mission" is (and has been) to get under the skin of the willing!

Jumper
02-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Same tactics their beloved team uses.

Pacesetter
02-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Same tactics their beloved team uses.

Yep, and you'd think our guys would figure that tactic out at some point!

Seriously!

Shade
02-27-2006, 08:32 PM
So, a Piston gets another slap on the wrist. Big shock. :rolleyes:

Roy Munson
02-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm actually glad that the league gave Rasheed a bl@wjob on this one. Now more people will dislike. More people will resent the fact that this punk keeps getting away with being a punk. He is scum. And so are his apologists.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm actually glad that the league gave Rasheed a bl@wjob on this one. Now more people will dislike. More people will resent the fact that this punk keeps getting away with being a punk. He is scum. And so are his apologists.

...and the more people resent him, the better he plays. :D

Cleveland learned that lesson tonight... :laugh:

The worst-case scenario is that Sheed gets people to like him. The most hurtful thing you can do to the guy is cheer him.

The Pistons love the fact people hate them. The hate takes away from the other team's focus, and allows them to get into their heads and dismantle them from the inside. It's very hard to focus when you're distracted. It's exactly the same tactic that allowed the bad boys to win championships.

And If I'm scum in your eyes, well, that's a very, very small price to pay, no offense.

Roy Munson
02-27-2006, 09:37 PM
And If I'm scum in your eyes, well, that's a very, very small price to pay, no offense.

I just don't see how people can defend him approve of the way this jerk acts. People who defend and approve of him, encourage him. If you TRULY believe that what he does is OK, and you just aren't trying to get a reaction out of wholesome people like myself, then you are flawed.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 09:39 PM
I just don't see how people can defend him approve of the way this jerk acts. People who defend and approve of him, encourage him. If you TRULY believe that what he does is OK, and you just aren't trying to get a reaction out of wholesome people like myself, then you are flawed.

I'm merely pointing out the flaw in your logic that people disliking sheed is a good thing.

And Sheed's been a wonderful human being off the court since coming to detroit, and that tells me all I need to know about him as a human being. WHat he does on the court is small potatoes.

Do I think the elbow thing was OK? Of course not. But I can separate basketball from real life, and I'm not going to crucify him as a human being because of it.

Aside from that though, am I all in favor of Sheed being Sheed? You're damn right I am. He's been an outstanding teamate and team player. He's the kind of player you win championships with.

Shade
02-27-2006, 09:40 PM

The worst-case scenario is that Sheed gets people to like him. The most hurtful thing you can do to the guy is cheer him.

The Pistons love the fact people hate them. The hate takes away from the other team's focus, and allows them to get into their heads and dismantle them from the inside. It's very hard to focus when you're distracted. It's exactly the same tactic that allowed the bad boys to win championships.

I don't think you're scum, but I don't believe you have the right to ever criticize another NBA player again for defending Sheed.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't think you're scum, but I don't believe you have the right to ever criticize another NBA player again for defending Sheed.

I never once defended Sheed's elbow. It was a dirty play, even though Sheed has shown he's not a dirty player. If any other player does the same thing, I'll critisize them as well. If Sheed ever does it AGAIN, I'll be a lot more harsh on him, too.

Of course, I'll fall short of calling said player a dispicable human being, no matter how much I hate him as a player.

Moses
02-27-2006, 09:51 PM
I never once defended Sheed's elbow. It was a dirty play, even though Sheed has shown he's not a dirty player. If any other player does the same thing, I'll critisize them as well. If Sheed ever does it AGAIN, I'll be a lot more harsh on him, too.

Of course, I'll fall short of calling said player a dispicable human being, no matter how much I hate him as a player.
Nobody is asking you to call Rasheed a despicable human being. Just a despicable player. :laugh:

Roy Munson
02-27-2006, 09:56 PM

And I'll say that you are PROBABLY not scum. That's hyperbole. I don't know you. For all I know you might be a misguided minister or something.

But your defense of a complete and utter punk whose transgressions throughout his career are well documented and serious, at least makes we wonder a little.

As you can probably tell, my hatred for this a$$hole is intense, and it is real.

Moses
02-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't take this any further then it should go.

I severely dislike Rasheed as a player but I wouldn't go as far as saying he is a bad human being and person. Do I condone/support what he does on the court? Hell no. Would I support him if he was on my team? Somewhat simply because he plays physical and get's the job done. I can see why Kstat would support Rasheed..Rasheeds addition to his favorite team brought them a championship. I don't know Rasheed in real life and neither does anyone here but I don't think he's a guy that just walks around and hawks up loogies on fans like Charles Barkley (:laugh: just kidding). Needless to say, I don't like him as a player but I will not judge him as a human being because I don't know him outside of what I see on the court. Despite that fact that he does play dirty and is a little loud mouth and he has a bald spot to. I've always wondered what the story behind Sheeds bald spot is.

Oh one more thing. The only way in the world I could ever call someone I don't know in real life scum is if they stuck up for real criminals. I think Kstat is a great poster and that he contributes here greatly and gives us an outside view on everything..Even if he does have a crapload of homerism in alot of the stuff he says. :laugh:

Roy Munson
02-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Despite that fact that he does play dirty and is a little loud mouth and he has a bald spot to. I've always wondered what the story behind Sheeds bald spot is.

It's not a bald spot. It's some kind of pigmentation thing.

Either that, or it's the mark of the devil.

Moses
02-27-2006, 10:08 PM
It's not a bald spot. It's some kind of pigmentation thing.

Either that, or it's the mark of the devil.
That was your chance to make a reference to Marijuana and Hashish causing part of his hair to fall out. Or make up a new one..maybe one day he tried to put one of his portland blunts out on his head leaving a scar there. ;)

Speed Freak
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM

Did you hear about the sadist who married a masochist? On their wedding night they got to their room and were preparing for a long night when she turned to him and demanded "Spank me!" He looked her in the eyes with a grin and said, "No".

Anyhow, this post reminded me of that little joke. If you really want to hurt a guy like Rasheed, don't boo him(or spank him for that matter). The Rasheeds of the world feed off the negative attention.

Speed Freak

FreshPrince22
02-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Here's my favorite part... Tonight Rasheed is going up for a layup. Z leaves his man and comes up behind him and body slams him in the air, which sends Sheed flying to the ground. It was blatant to everyone that this is retaliation for what happend yesterday. (Here's where it gets good) So Sheed gets up and just chuckles a bit. What do the refs do? Call a DOUBLE TECHNICAL! Not a flagrant foul, and not even just a T on Zydrunas. They actually have the nerve to give Rasheed a tech for getting slammed to the ground. I was just sitting there in awe of the nerve these refs have.

And people wonder why Sheed complains to refs :rolleyes:

Kstat
02-27-2006, 11:10 PM
And people wonder why Sheed complains to refs :rolleyes:

Dude, tonight was a RESULT of sheed complaining to the refs....we had it coming tonight. We didn't have to whine tongiht, we were going to get 2 or 3 techs called on us regardless.

That's part of the game, you accept it. Shoot, you should be THANKFUL for it. Sheed was pretty much unstoppable the rest of the night once Sheed picked up that cheap technical. It cost us one measely point, big deal.

That tech will get rescinded by the league even faster than the last one anyway. Sheed got a technical for smilling :laugh: .

A large part of being the villian is you gotta know how to play the part. Sheed plays it to perfection. The more Sheed got booed, he only racheted his intensity up that much more, causing the crowd to boo him more. A cheap technical was a really small price to pay, especially since it won't count towards a suspension.

Besides, it was priceless listening to the crowd boo him as he hit jumper after jumper on whatever forward they guarded him with. Reminded me of watching Laimbeer back in the day. It only made the win that much sweeter.

FreshPrince22
02-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Dude, tonight was a RESULT of sheed complaining to the refs....we had it coming tonight.

That's part of the game, you accept it. SHoot, you should be THANKFUL for it. Sheed was pretty much unstoppable the rest of the night once Sheed picked up that cheap technical. It cost us one measely point, big deal.

That tech will get rescinded by the league even faster than the last one anyway. Sheed got a technical for smilling :laugh: .

But these are the exact reasons why Sheed complains. He thinks the refs are out to get him. And frankly, situations like these just back up his theory. Not to mention the Granger flop tech he got the other day. It has just been awful lately.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 11:18 PM
You're right. The refs ARE out to T his *ss up. And this is what you don't understand: Sheed has earned it. He complains way too much abut every call, and the refs are tired of it after 11 years.

It's part of playing the bad guy, and face it: we're the bad guys. And I'm loving every second of it. It's much more satisfying winning road games in arenas full of fans that hate your guts.

Laimbeer was one of the most underrated centers ever to play the game. Guess what? He complained just as much. And the refs were just as quick to T him up. Laimbeer loved playing the "bad guy" role just as much as Sheed does, and he has a place of honor in Pistons history, while being hated in every other city in the league, even today.

And guess what? Lambs wouldn't have it any other way, and I don't think Sheed does, either.

Shade
02-27-2006, 11:20 PM
You're right. The refs ARE out to T his *ss up. And this is what you don't understand: Sheed has earned it. He complains way too much abut every call, and the refs are tired of it after 11 years.

It's part of playing the bad guy, and face it: we're the bad guys. And I'm loving every second of it. It's much more satisfying winning road games in arenas full of fans that hate your guts.

That, I can agree with.

Slick Pinkham
02-28-2006, 11:10 AM
I disagree that the refs are out to T Rasheed up. I think that they are so used to it from him that, unless he is UNUSALLY abusive, they just let it slide.

He can call every opponent and every fan every 4-letter word in his large vocabulary. Only when it is accompanied by tossing a ball or flailing his arms does he get T'd up. Everyone else gets the T the instant the curse words are out of his mouth.

It's a situation like the Knicks defense under Pat Riley a decade ago. They were so physical that you could call a foul every posession. As a ref you can't do that, and you get so used to the contact you only call the real bad ones.

Sheed has 15 technicals but if David Harrison or almost any other non-coddled NBA player did and said all that Rasheed does every game, he would have surpassed the 15 technical mark by Christmas.

FreshPrince22
02-28-2006, 04:04 PM
I disagree that the refs are out to T Rasheed up. I think that they are so used to it from him that, unless he is UNUSALLY abusive, they just let it slide.

He can call every opponent and every fan every 4-letter word in his large vocabulary. Only when it is accompanied by tossing a ball or flailing his arms does he get T'd up. Everyone else gets the T the instant the curse words are out of his mouth.

It's a situation like the Knicks defense under Pat Riley a decade ago. They were so physical that you could call a foul every posession. As a ref you can't do that, and you get so used to the contact you only call the real bad ones.

Sheed has 15 technicals but if David Harrison or almost any other non-coddled NBA player did and said all that Rasheed does every game, he would have surpassed the 15 technical mark by Christmas.

Please go here and check out the video showing Sheed getting his latest tech. If getting T'ed up for smiling doesn't prove that he has a target on his back to you, then I don't know what will.

Here's a link to the video:
http://www.pistonsdownloads.com/video/sheedtechcavs.wmv

rexnom
02-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Please go here and check out the video showing Sheed getting his latest tech. If getting T'ed up for smiling doesn't prove that he has a target on his back to you, then I don't know what will.

Wow. Is he gonna get is rescinded? He should. That was ridiculous.

I wasn't really old enough to fully appreciate the Lambeer days but I gotta say this about Sheed, I like him. I think he is one heck of a player and I like his game a lot. Also, I think he is the MVP of that team. Pistons fans may disagree, but that's what my opinion is. The man anchors the offense and defense. I enjoy watching him play as much as any Pistons fan despite the fact that I "hate" the Pistons because they are our rivals.

I also love the fact that hitting Sheed with that T and the Cavs fans booing him probably fired him up and made him play better. Like when the Knicks used to taunt Reggie...oh they never learn do they?

Eindar
02-28-2006, 04:22 PM

No, he had a target on his back in that game, because the refs knew it was going to be a volatile situation, and it's best to let everyone know that they're not going to take it from either party. It was actually a good move to give them the double T right away. That way, both of them know to keep it civil, because any more outbursts mean you're done for the night. Most nights he gets away with murder, in terms of what he says to refs, fans, and opponents, but the refs, rightfully so, kept him on a short leash in this game.

Kstat
02-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Wow. Is he gonna get is rescinded? He should. That was ridiculous.

Sheed has gotten 3 technicals rescinded by the NBA in the last month ...including last night's.

02-28-2006, 10:38 PM
I just saw that game... That was very very hard to watch thru, i got shocked that there exists players like Rasheed Wallace. That was also 100% intentional, the ball was not even close for RASH-WEED to reach it, he raised his arm / elbow and nailed it with lots of power down on Ilgauskas Forehead with his elbow, creating as it looks a 2 inch Hole in Ilgauskas head, the blood was just pumping out.. then he kinda pushed down / out aswell. Ilgauskas looked back and stared on RASH-WEED with that "This man is Mental" look on his face and shot his free-throws with BLOOD pumping out all over the court....

Later Ilgauskas came back with like 5-10 Stitches and disrupted body balance and a swollen head, all RASH-ON-WEED could do is look and point at him and Laugh... did i mention how damn ugly that guy is?

And thru the whole damn game the PissTons got like 1000 technicals and Whined on each foul they got uppon them! But im not at all surprised on what methods they are using to win games..

TO KSTAT: I know the PissTons are playing extremly good basketball, but it aint beutifull... if you cant win a game without any whining, technicals and without injuring one of the mest Important players in the Opposing team then you CANT play basketball... They are looking like a STREET GANG out there. So does the Fans to.

efx
02-28-2006, 10:47 PM
How the hell is getting technicals suppose to help you #31?

Anyone who thinks that the Pistons or any other team out there truly are out there to injure the other team are just deluding themselves or is still living in 2004.

03-01-2006, 01:16 AM
How the hell is getting technicals suppose to help you #31?

Anyone who thinks that the Pistons or any other team out there truly are out there to injure the other team are just deluding themselves or is still living in 2004.

You are correct, but please keep watching more Detroit games and you will see what some people mean. I just want to add that i love watching Detroit play, I LOVE basketball with such a chemistry, teamplay and defense. But my post is more like an "Admit" to any of those who think that the Pistons are a bunch of *****. But still the Pistons do play some extremly good basketball even tho they are maniacs.. and i will continue watching them. Wicked huh? Its like if you would do drugs you know? It hurts you, but its all gooood... ?!

Technicals dont help at all, but when they go to bench they all laugh about it and have fun thru the whole game... its like if they had a mindset of opposing team like this "How da hell can they win over us? Lets abuse them a little bit! We can afford it.. muhahah"

Fool
03-01-2006, 01:31 AM
LOL @ the Pistons maniacly laughing as a team. I like this guy.

Kstat
03-01-2006, 01:33 AM
That should be our new opening sound.....with "phantom of the opera" music in the background.....

Stryder
03-01-2006, 10:27 AM
I don't like how they can rescind technical fouls after a game, but they cannot give them to players after a game who should have gotten them in the first place.

It should be either one way or the other. Either have the power of veto over T's or there should be no power at all.

grace
03-01-2006, 12:35 PM
The problem with giving a tech after the game is the team doesn't get to shoot a free throw.

Now that you've pointed out this egregious error I'm taking bets on this happening when the Pacers go into over time and win. The next day Stu or Stern comes out with the following press release: "In reviewing last night's Pacers-[insert name of NBA team] game it was determined that a technical foul should have been assessed to [insert Pacer player]. Because this happened in regulation had the Pacers' opponent been able to shoot their free throw the game wouldn't have done into over time. Therefore, we are taking away the Pacers win."

rexnom
03-01-2006, 12:47 PM
That should be our new opening sound.....with "pahtom of the opera" music in the background.....

This is all playing into your hands...you love it don't you? Hehe. Obviously the Pistons struggle the most when they aren't the bad guys, when people aren't trash talking them, when their backs aren't up against the wall (see two-game losing streak).

Well here's what I have to say about this: Sheed is one of my favorite players to watch (when he's not playing the Pacers) and if you don't think he is one of the game's elite players then you are fooling yourself. And of course he is a whiner but it doesn't matter, we've tolerated other famous whiners, it would be hypocritical to hate Sheed.

There you go. I bet you somewhere, that statement of praise hurt Sheed ever so slightly. The man feeds off of anything else...let's not give him the chance.

Moses
03-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Hmm, I never knew they couldnt.

I have heard of a player not getting a foul or tech, but gettin gsuspended, but if what you are saying is correct, then I agree. I think you should be able to be asses a tech to a player after a game, if the situation calls for it, of course
:laugh: Sorry, I couldn't pass it up.