PDA

View Full Version : Erazem Lorbek

Pacers#1Fan
02-26-2006, 01:33 PM
With Jonathan Bender's retirement do you guys think Erazem will come over and play with us next season? Scot Pollard is also a free-agent and might not come back to Indiana. His draft bios say he is a very good shooter for a big man, has nice moves in the low post, and is a very good passer. They also say that he is a lack luster defender with little athleticism. I know it depends on what we do in the draft and other off season moves but as of right now do you think he will come over?

Kaufman
02-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm sticking with my original prediction; Erazem Lorbek will never play for the Indiana Pacers.

Certainly though I've been wrong before.

PacerMan
02-26-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm sticking with my original prediction; Erazem Lorbek will never play for the Indiana Pacers.

Certainly though I've been wrong before.

I'd bet you're wrong again.

Anthem
02-26-2006, 04:17 PM
do you guys think Erazem will come over and play with us next season? Scot Pollard is also a free-agent and might not come back to Indiana.
Sure, we could use a third-rate big man to fill rotations in practice. Bring him over.

Wait... third STRING! I meant third STRING! Hope he's not reading this... :blush:

So we're clear, though, replacing our starting center with a rookie Euro is the exact opposite of a "championship move."

They also say that he is a lack luster defender with little athleticism.
:puke:

Eindar
02-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I figure he'll be around just in time to keep the seat warm that is currently occupied by Austin Croshere.

SwissExpress
02-26-2006, 05:46 PM
I saw him several times this season, and while it might simply be that he had below average games then, he did not impress me at all. Well, to be more exact, he did not impress me as compared to all the hype that surrounds him. He was good, but far from that good as, e.g. Scola or Nocioni before going to NBA.

He did made some 3s, but he did not seem to be able to do much from inside that line. He is fast, and did score some points from the paint during fast breaks. But during slower plays he struggled against oponent bigs and used to choose the 3pt line, even though he wasn't very accurate that day. Well, to give him the credit, however, his oponents in those games were very experienced and strong PFs and Cs. Still, I'm not sure if he'd be able to compete against Krstic or Dalembert level players, not to talk about best bigs.

Personally, I think that there's only one really safe choice for NBA among young Euroleague bigs - Scola. Others, including Splitter, Vasquez, Bargnani, are still very inconsistent, though they'll probably be very good in two or three years.

aceace
02-26-2006, 09:36 PM
We waited 2 seasons on Antonio Davis and that turned out OK

Kaufman
02-26-2006, 09:54 PM
I think it was more like 4 or 5 for AD.
But there were others that didn't make it. William Njoko comes to mind.

Will Galen
02-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Anybody remember Bird said he wanted him to stay in Europe another year. (after this one)

Anthem
02-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Anybody remember Bird said he wanted him to stay in Europe another year. (after this one)
Makes sense. What's he give us that Croshere doesn't?

Kestas
02-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Personally, I think that there's only one really safe choice for NBA among young Euroleague bigs - Scola. Others, including Splitter, Vasquez, Bargnani, are still very inconsistent, though they'll probably be very good in two or three years.

but Scola is a hardened pro. Lorbek is still a kid. almost. but yea, I'm not impressed with him either this season.

on the other hand, I think that the most NBA-ready center in there right now is Darjus Lavrinovic. his bro Ksystof is good enough as well. they have a dark line in their biography, that prevented Ksystof from playing ifor the Raptors a few years back. but right now Darjus is playing very well..
Scola - obviously. but he's of the sort of players that simply not play in NBA, though they could be stars there. Eurelijus Zukauskas was such a player (I think he wa simply stupid ;)) however, Scola might land there afterall.. it will depend on his preferences and on how good of an offer he could get imho. he may be influenced by the Macas case as well. NBA now looks dangerous as ever. I also think that Vujcic will not go to NBA. although he's the best old-school center there is. he is now leading Maccabi in assists and has tons and tons of basketball IQ.

what else.. Javtokas could go to Spurs next season. but he again would accept only a decent job there (no Macas scenarios - these things scare people off NBA!!!).

so basically there are centers, but they will not go to NBA simply because it's NBA. well, maybe Javtokas would (still), but Scola, Vujcic.. never imho.