PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace Report Card

Angle
02-26-2006, 06:43 AM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2273/reportcard5fh.png

Seriously, this guy is so overrated by the fans and the media. They talk about his physical talent, which admittedly he has, yet they completely discount the fact that his basketball IQ makes that autistic guy who hit 6 3's look like John Stockton.
His "physical talent" gets him a whopping 15 points and 6 rebounds per game on a sizzling 43% from the field. And please, none of you 4th grade pee wee basketball coaches give me that crap about stats being meaningless or about Sheed's huge impact on the game. Sheed lost at UNC. Sheed lost at Portland. Sheed even lost his only game with the Hawks. Go ask those Blazer fans what they think of Rasheed Wallace and the way he destroyed their team from the inside. And by the way, The Pistons were in the ECF with a 2nd year coach and an injured Chauncey Billups while Sheed was at home watching on TV. So there goes any talk of his impact on the Pistons.

BOTTOMLINE: Rasheed's a semi-productive role player with a borderline-retarded basketball IQ, and a bad attitude to boot. Don't let any NBA never-was' *cough*Greg Anthony*cough* tell you otherwise, because they're morons. There's a reason so many fans thought it was BS Sheed made the All-Star game over Dwight Howard, and that reason is, Sheed sucks.

skyfire
02-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Despite all his failings, he flat out dominates the Pacers best player and turned the Pistons from a good team into a great team.

He is the 3rd scoring option on the Pistons usually and he is a front court with Ben Wallace. 15/6 is all the Pistons need from him.

In regard to Dwight Howard, that guy is gonna be an allstar for years to come, now they have got rid of Franchise. The Pistons were the best team in the league for the 1st half of the season, they're starters are greater than the individual sum of their pieces. All 4 Pistons that made were deserved allstars.

I dont like the way he has to get a T before he'll get fired up and is constantly jawing to anyone who will listen, but you have to respect his ability. Still, when he left Horry wide open in the finals to hit that clutch 3 I had a smile on my face.

Roaming Gnome
02-26-2006, 08:56 AM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2273/reportcard5fh.png

Seriously, this guy is so overrated by the fans and the media. They talk about his physical talent, which admittedly he has, yet they completely discount the fact that his basketball IQ makes that autistic guy who hit 6 3's look like John Stockton.
His "physical talent" gets him a whopping 15 points and 6 rebounds per game on a sizzling 43% from the field. And please, none of you 4th grade pee wee basketball coaches give me that crap about stats being meaningless or about Sheed's huge impact on the game. Sheed lost at UNC. Sheed lost at Portland. Sheed even lost his only game with the Hawks. Go ask those Blazer fans what they think of Rasheed Wallace and the way he destroyed their team from the inside. And by the way, The Pistons were in the ECF with a 2nd year coach and an injured Chauncey Billups while Sheed was at home watching on TV. So there goes any talk of his impact on the Pistons.

BOTTOMLINE: Rasheed's a semi-productive role player with a borderline-retarded basketball IQ, and a bad attitude to boot. Don't let any NBA never-was' *cough*Greg Anthony*cough* tell you otherwise, because they're morons. There's a reason so many fans thought it was BS Sheed made the All-Star game over Dwight Howard, and that reason is, Sheed sucks.

Is this a joke? I know that you probably hate everything the man stands for, but come on.... Sheed was the difference between the Pistons being a good Eastern team to being a league elite team.

Stryder
02-26-2006, 09:22 AM
While I don't like Rasheed's attitude and demeanor on the court, there is no denying he is a good player and fits the Detroit system very, very well.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 10:39 AM
You forgot to add "all-star" to his report card..... :D

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Seth!!!! I had missed you man.

:rollout:

8.9_seconds
02-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Wow, this is by far the classiest thing I've ever read......that is if you and Roy Munson were the only posters here, and you only posted about Rasheed Wallace.

Roy Munson
02-26-2006, 12:58 PM
While it is obvious that there is hyperbole involved here, I do agree that Weed is overrated and had NO BUSINESS being picked to the all-star game this year. There were more deserving players left off.

At this point the Pistons are all about Billups and Hamilton. The Wallace brothers just pick up a few crumbs and are riding their teammates' coattails.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Wow, this is by far the classiest thing I've ever read......that is if you and Roy Munson were the only posters here, and you only posted about Rasheed Wallace.

:laugh:

Kstat
02-26-2006, 01:03 PM
The Wallace brothers just pick up a few crumbs and are riding their teammates' coattails.

:lmao:

Sorry 8.9......Roy's post was funner.

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 01:46 PM

:lol2:

SoThenRobbieSaid
02-26-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't like him, but he's a hell of a basketball player. He doesn't have to be 22 and 10 anymore, although he easily still could. Of all the Pistons, if I could trade for any of them, I'd have a tough time deciding between him and Billups. 'Sheed just brings so much to their team.

Roaming Gnome
02-26-2006, 06:47 PM
:haterade:
I don't like the Pistons, but some of you need to back away from the haterade cooler!

Jon Theodore
02-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Rasheed > Anyone wearing a Pacer Jersey

Fool
02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
The sad part about the "report card" isn't the zealot-like craziness of the guy who wrote it, but the fact that he chose the wrong thing to degrade Wallace for.

Wallace doesn't underachieve (stat-wise) because he doesn't know the game. He doesn't put up the points because he's not driven and doesn't have the desire to be truly great. His b-ball IQ is high (ask his coaches or the players he directs while on the court), he's just lazy and is unmotivated.

I mean sure, all that "he does what's needed" stuff has some truth to it. But lets not pretend that the game wouldn't be all that much easier for his teammates if he'd score 20 every night from the paint while he was "providing just what the team needs" in terms of defense and intagibles.

Pistoner
02-26-2006, 09:54 PM
The sad part about the "report card" isn't the zealot-like craziness of the guy who wrote it, but the fact that he chose the wrong thing to degrade Wallace for.

Wallace doesn't underachieve (stat-wise) because he doesn't know the game. He doesn't put up the points because he's not driven and doesn't have the desire to be truly great. His b-ball IQ is high (ask his coaches or the players he directs while on the court), he's just lazy and is unmotivated.

I mean sure, all that "he does what's needed" stuff has some truth to it. But lets not pretend that the game wouldn't be all that much easier for his teammates if he'd score 20 every night from the paint while he was "providing just what the team needs" in terms of defense and intagibles.

Although he could spend more time down on the block, I don't think he is lazy. Lazy players don't play great defense. Defense requires more effort than offence.

Fool
02-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I agree that defense takes more effort than offense, but we've both seen Rasheed get angry after a T and take it down low and dominate when before the T he was just floating and shooting jumpers. Taking it down low takes more effort then spot-up jumpers. Call it lack of motivation or offensive laziness, either way he chooses not to do it and thats "Angle" should have criticized him for IMO.

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, if Sheed had a slightly different mindset, he would be truly scary. He just doesn't seem to want to dominate the game offensively..... maybe he doesn't want that spotlight or something? :shrug:

Jermaniac
02-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Rasheed > Anyone wearing a Pacer JerseyNah pass on that.

aceace
02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
That was one helluva performance Friday night for a crumb pickerupper.

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Welcome back Seth!!!

McKeyFan
02-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, unfortunately this thread is brooding over whether Sheed is good or not, whether he should play more aggressively in the low post, etc.

The other thread has gotten off other tangents instead of the main one: Rasheed Wallace made a dirty play and has a mean streak in him. Can't you guys own up to that?

Shade
02-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Rasheed > Anyone wearing a Pacer Jersey

I'd rather lose than embrace that nutjob.

Kstat
02-27-2006, 12:25 AM
I'd rather lose than embrace that nutjob.

Wish granted.

Shade
02-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Wish granted.

And I feel better for it.

Deep down, do you?

Kstat
02-27-2006, 12:34 AM
And I feel better for it.

Deep down, do you?

Absolutely.

As I said before, people are going to look for reasons to hate the Pistons anyway. Yeah, they gave people some reaons over the last two games, but it was going to happen anyway.

I'm well past the point of caring what people think about them. The only difference between us and the the Bulls is that we win games. Nobody cares if you're not winning.

I've seen what happens when you try to get people to like you in the NBA. It involves a lot of losing. I much prefer the alternative.

Fool
02-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Of course you care. That's why you are in what, three seperate threads defending him (and why I'm in those same threads reading and lurking in them). There is nothing wrong with caring or defending something of a persons character that you think is being overlooked or disregarded.

IMO, fans are all the same. This is no different then some Spurs fans' hatred of KG, some Piston fan's hatred of Artest or Jason Kidd, or some King fans' hatred of Shaq. Its easy to watch for the negatives in people to show and keep a running total when they do. Its the same as compiling a series of memories of good performances of guys who play for your favorite team.