PDA

View Full Version : Pistons get 5 techs vs Bulls - League tries to decide what Pacer to suspend

Los Angeles
02-25-2006, 01:45 AM
Just kidding. :D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060225/ap_on_sp_bk_ga_su/bkn_pistons_bulls

Pistons Take Out Bulls Amid 7 Technicals By ANDREW SELIGMAN, AP Sports Writer 41 minutes ago

CHICAGO - Michael Jordan and a few other old-timers watched bad blood return to the Detroit-Chicago rivalry on Friday night. Chauncey Billups scored 17 points and Antonio McDyess tied a season high with 16 to lift the Pistons to a 95-87 victory over the Bulls in a game that featured seven technical fouls.

Detroit's Richard Hamilton scored 14 points before being ejected for picking up his second technical midway through the fourth quarter, after throwing an elbow toward Chicago's Kirk Hinrich. Hamilton's first technical came in the third, after he and Hinrich got tangled while fighting for rebounding position.

The Pistons' Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and coach Flip Saunders collected technicals, as did the Bulls' Hinrich and Andres Nocioni.

It felt like a late 1980s/early 1990s Pistons-Bulls game, and several old-timers were in attendance — the Bulls' Jordan and John Paxson and Detroit's Joe Dumars and Bill Laimbeer.

Billups was 4-for-14 from the field, but 8-of-9 from the free throw line and scored six points in the final 2:10. He also had 12 assists.

McDyess shot 8-of-10, while fellow backup Maurice Evans scored 15 points.

After scoring 28 in a victory over Indiana the previous night, Rasheed Wallace was 1-of-13 and finished with three points. He was scoreless before hitting a technical free throw just under three minutes into the fourth quarter that increased Detroit's lead to 77-72.

Ben Gordon led the Bulls with 24 points, and Nocioni scored all of his 17 in the third quarter.

After being blown out twice by the Pistons in December, including their most lopsided loss this season in a 28-point defeat on Dec. 16, the Bulls stayed in it until the end.

Up 72-70 after three quarters, the Pistons maintained their lead in the fourth. Chicago pulled within two several times — the last when Darius Songaila's basket made it 87-85 with 2:37 left.

But a jumper by Billups and Tayshaun Prince's two free throws made it 91-85 with 47 seconds left. In between, Tayshaun Prince blocked a layup by Gordon, and Billups rejected one by Luol Deng to preserve the lead.

"They tried to beat us off the dribble as much as they can, which they did," Saunders said. "We closed things down in the stretch. We had some guys who made some big plays."

The Pistons were ahead 52-45 early in the second when things really got heated.

Nocioni was initially called for charging into Rasheed Wallace. The call was reversed, and Wallace, who remained sprawled on the floor, wound up with a technical and his fourth foul.

Nocioni — whose basket was waved off, counted and waved off again — hit two free throws that cut Detroit's lead to 52-48.

About 1:30 later, Hinrich and Hamilton got their arms tangled while jockeying for rebounding position under the Pistons' basket. That led to a double technical and a foul against Hamilton.

"What me and him did was all in the heat of the game," Hamilton said. "When you're out there, you're trying to get the advantage over the guy you're going against. And that's me trying to get my advantage."

Although he had nothing negative to say about Hinrich, Hamilton said Bulls coach Scott Skiles talked trash throughout the game.

"I kept hearing someone talking slick from behind me," Hamilton said. "I'm like, 'Who is talking to me?' Me and Hinrich had a little battle going on, but that's all fun and games. I kept hearing someone behind me, and I turned around and it was him.

"My thing is your job is to coach the team," he continued. "Your job is not to say stuff to me, and that's what got me (ticked) off."

Hamilton thought that might have contributed to his second technical, because the referees were telling him to ignore Skiles.

Skiles would not elaborate on anything he said to Hamilton. But he had plenty to say about how the Pistons treat the referees.

"They literally complain about every call all night long," Skiles said. "They are having a great year doing it. I'm not sure what that says."

Do they bully officials?

"I would never say that," Skiles said.

Hamilton said he couldn't remember the last time he was tossed. But he did recall discussing the subject with Rasheed Wallace, who has collected a technical or two during his career.

The irony wasn't lost on Hamilton.

"I was talking to Rasheed about his technicals," he said. "And I was looking at mine, and I was like, 'I've only got two technicals. I feel good.' Now I've got three technicals in the last two games."
Notes@: The Pistons cruised to a 92-79 victory in Chicago on Dec. 3, wiping out a 15-point second-quarter deficit, then beat the Bulls 110-82 in the second meeting of the season. ... Gordon scored 12 points in the first quarter on Friday night, but managed just 12 the rest of the way. ... The Bulls' Tyson Chandler grabbed 11 rebounds, his 13th consecutive game with 10 or more. ... Chicago veteran Malik Allen hit the first 3-pointer of his career.

Kstat
02-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Our whole starting 5 played awful. I'm not even sure "awful" is a strong enough word.

If it wasn't for our bench, we wouldn't have won tonight. Our bench was HUGE in every way.

Defining moment of the night was the and-1 that wasn't. If it wasn't for Bill Laimbeer yelling over the scorer's table at the officials that the ball never actually went IN the basket, the Bulls would have been awarded a phantom basket :laugh: .

Oh well, I'm proud of them for keeping their composure in the 4th quarter and making the game-winning plays.

First off, coaches should not be talking **** to players not on their own team. That said, Rip had zero excuse for getting himself tossed. Hopefully he learns from this and doesn't put his team in such a situation again. Seriously, Rip. Just keep raining jumpers on his team and let your game do the talking for you.

And Skiles, you're the last person on earth that has the right to call someone else a crybaby. You complain ENDLESSLY about everything imaginable. You threw a tantrum at the refs not awarding you a phantom field goal. You trash talked OUR players from the sideline. It's bad enough when PLAYERS do it, but you're the freaking COACH.

As for the Bulls themselves, well, if someone came into MY house and beat my *** 12 straight times, I'd be a little bitter too. :tongue: Also didn't help that the Pistons fans nearly outnumbered the Bulls fans....

End of story, we get 5 techs, we lose Rip for the 4th quarter, half our team sits on the bench in foul trouble, we manage to win anyway, on the road no less. It's a plus in my book.

FreshPrince22
02-25-2006, 02:32 AM
It was great getting a bench win. We were handing them points off techs, our starters couldn't hit a damn thing, it was a B2B on the road, and our go-to guy was out for the 4th quarter in a close game. But Dice, Delfino, Mo, and Lindsey just dominated out there. Dice wouldn't miss on that mid-range J, Evans was raining in triples, and Delfino/Hunter were locking down on the other end. Great win.

P.S. Skiles is a punk.
P.P.S. lol at Sheed going 1 for 13 after absolutely lighting it up last night. Figures.

granger
02-25-2006, 05:10 AM
"They literally complain about every call all night long," Skiles said. "They are having a great year doing it. I'm not sure what that says."

they are a bunch of whiners and they are doing whatever it takes to win. no ethics at all.

plus they have the most classles fans in the sports.
i think they are the only team in the word that wast majority of their fans are ********.

and thats why i have always hated them and will never respect them.

SwissExpress
02-25-2006, 07:21 AM
they are a bunch of whiners and they are doing whatever it takes to win. no ethics at all.

i think they are the only team in the word that wast majority of their fans are ********.

I have to disagree. I don't know about them being ********, but if they are, they just can't be classless at the same time... Because the whole concept of bad ******* winners is classy.

Detroit's players might not be the most interesting to watch, and their fans get a lot of opposing guys disqualified and thus destroy many great and beautifull tactical ideas of opposing coaches, but teams like that make NBA much more interesting in the long term.

The whole 80s-early 90s would have been less interesting without Bill Lambeer and Detroit. I'm sure that will be very usual to say about nowadays someday.

MagicRat
02-25-2006, 07:29 AM
How many T's is that for Rasheed now? 13 or 14? He may end up missing a game or two.

Does the number of T's get reset for the playoffs, or would he be suspended for a game every time he got T'd up in the playoffs, too?

Pistoner
02-25-2006, 07:54 AM

I wish I could be as classy and as well respected as you are. This post screams "classy Pacer fan".

Chauncey
02-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Skiles is a punk. Always has been, always will be.

Just proves that a tiger can't change his stripes.

Shade
02-25-2006, 09:24 AM

:whistle:

Skiles is an ***, but the Pistons should probably be more aware of their glassy surroundings...

Kstat
02-25-2006, 09:37 AM
classles fans in the sports.

......and you are just the epitome of class. We should all strive to be the quality person you are.

Moses
02-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Skiles is a punk. Always has been, always will be.

Just proves that a tiger can't change his stripes.
Oh god, No more head coach to animal comparisons..I've heard enough Carlisle ones to last me for the rest of my life.

Hicks
02-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Punk or not, he's right.

grace
02-25-2006, 12:48 PM
First of all Skiles does not complain about every single call. That would be the Wallaces. Secondly, if you're going to let the opposing coach get into your head then there is something wrong with you. Thirdly, if you're going to throw an elbow that is going to get you thrown out then you better make it at least look harder than something I could throw.

Now, as for the Pistons fans I'm not going to say they're all classless. I will however say that the ones I've seen close up are :censored:.

Knucklehead Warrior
02-25-2006, 08:16 PM
First of all Skiles does not complain about every single call. That would be the Wallaces. Secondly, if you're going to let the opposing coach get into your head then there is something wrong with you. Thirdly, if you're going to throw an elbow that is going to get you thrown out then you better make it at least look harder than something I could throw.

Now, as for the Pistons fans I'm not going to say they're all classless. I will however say that the ones I've seen close up are :censored:.

:buddies:

FreshPrince22
02-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Detroit's players might not be the most interesting to watch, and their fans get a lot of opposing guys disqualified and thus destroy many great and beautifull tactical ideas of opposing coaches, but teams like that make NBA much more interesting in the long term.

a lot?? :laugh: Sorry, but only Pacer players let the Pistons fans get into their heads. And in both cases the main culprit had a history of being a headcase (Artest and Harrison).

Please tell me someone on a team other than the Pacers that has been "disqualified" due to an incident with a Piston fan.

Anthem
02-25-2006, 08:48 PM
a lot?? :laugh: Sorry, but only Pacer players let the Pistons fans get into their heads. And in both cases the main culprit had a history of being a headcase (Artest and Harrison).
Maybe we weren't watching the same footage, but I saw Harrison trying to stop the brawl, not start it.

Trapt1307
02-25-2006, 09:04 PM
All I saw was Harrison throwing a sucker punch at an old guy trying to stop the brawl.

Moses
02-25-2006, 09:14 PM

Please tell me someone on a team other than the Pacers that has been "disqualified" due to an incident with a Piston fan.
So..Whats so different about letting Skiles and Heinrich get into Rips head? I guess Rip must be a head-case. Using your logic of course. :laugh:

Shade
02-25-2006, 10:44 PM

Apparently, the same could be said for Sheed and Indy fans.

No, wait. Sheed is a jackass everywhere he goes. :laugh:

Kstat
02-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Someone want to explain to me why this slop-fest hasn't been moved to the shout box yet? Or should we keep on going until someone finally tosses a match on gasoline?

Shade
02-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Someone want to explain to me why this sop-fest hasn't been moved to the shout box yet?

We're still waiting to see which Pacer will get suspended first.

My money is on JO or Tins, since they were the closest to the fans, being on the bench and all.

SoupIsGood
02-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Prince annoys me. I used to really like the guy, but dang he whines a lot now.

Moses
02-25-2006, 11:49 PM
He's the only starter on their team that doesn't bother me besides Chauncey. He may whine alot but he usually only cries when a bad call is actually made. He whines no more then any other NBA player IMO but the Wallace brothers make Stephen Jackson look like an innocent schoolboy when it comes to complaining about officiating.

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Tayshaun annoys the hell out of me now. Dude needs to stop throwing his hands up in the air when he bricks a shot down low and get back on defense.

And get a damn rebound!

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Maybe we weren't watching the same footage, but I saw Harrison trying to stop the brawl, not start it.

I was talking about 2 seperate things. The Brawl (Artest), and the cussing to a fan incident (Harrison).

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 12:50 AM
So..Whats so different about letting Skiles and Heinrich get into Rips head? I guess Rip must be a head-case. Using your logic of course. :laugh:

I didn't say that getting into their heads (Harrison and Artest) made them headcases. I said they had the reputation of being headcases well before the incident. And doing something that could get you ejected from a game is a much different than doing something that can get you kicked out of the league for a year. Rip and Kirk were both in each others heads all night. It was Hinrich that snapped first, Rip just retaliated later. Rip was a dumbass for trying to get in a freebie when he thought the ref wasn't looking, but that doesn't mean he'd go and do something to get him suspended for extended amount of time.

Los Angeles
02-26-2006, 03:32 AM
Well, as the thread starter, and as the guy who is responsible for the "matchhead" title, I think I have a responsibility to speak up.

The Pistons, and all fans of the Pistons, should already be fully aware of the fact that they did not follow the high-class road to greatness. They are a great team, and I've liked them ever since they taught my most-hated Lakers a lesson in 04. (OK, I admit it. I've liked them for a good long while before that.) But when you think of great teams with class, the Pistons, as well as their greater Michigan fan base, are not out to win any popularity contests.

For some, that is the crux of the Piston appeal.

For others, that is the foundation of the Piston hatred.

But let's be really clear: The Pistons as a team, as well as the handfull unruly, crass and vulgar fans that follow them, have only gotten worse in thier demeanor as the team's records have gotten better. Winning is like feul added to the fire.

Many people to this very day hate the Dallas Cowboys with thier hearts, minds and souls. Look back to when the Cowboys were winning. Look at the way the fans behaved. Look at the bravado. The arrogance. The belief that the games should just be handed to them on silver platters. Look at history - and you just might understand where the Pistons are headed.

If I were a fan of the Pistons I'd be less concerned about the in-game effects of the "Pistons Nation Attitude" and more concerned about the grand scheme of things.

Let's face it - sometimes curses DO exist. Sometimes a franchise just can't shake its past. Ask the Hawks about losing. Ask the Raiders about being "bad boys." Ask the Colts about winning the big one. Once the "truth" - whether it's real or not - sets in, it's hard as hell to shake.

Back to the Pistons: Nobody - AND I MEAN NOBODY - likes a BAD WINNER.

For the same reasons that the Pacers franchise will never be able to shake the brawl, the Pistons franchise will soon never be able to shake the crappy attitude and the "I've never in my life committed a foul and I'm always fouled when I have the ball" approach to the game. The country will soon hate the Pistons for it, and even if the behavior is corrected, the damage will already be done.

It will linger - and maybe never die.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 03:43 AM
You know what else lingers?

Championship banners :tongue:

Nobody likes a bad winner. Nobody likes a bad loser, either. Trust me, I've seen plenty of them..... neither is any more noble than the other.

I'm at the point where I can say "good," with a smile on my face. Nobody liked us when we were champions the FIRST time, because we beat up on America's choir boy, Jordan.

We tried to turn into a team that America liked, and in doing so they put out an softcake image that was so soft they couldn't win anything, and nobody In Detroit would pay to watch playoff games, because it was clear they were happy to lose just so long as everyone liked them.

But hey, we were the most-liked team in the NBA. We had Grant Hill on TV every 10 minutes selling sprite, or shoes, or whatever. And the rest of the NBA applauded. Why? Because they knew we were trying so hard to be liked, that we weren't willing to do the things necessary to complete for a championship. And they were right.

Now we're back on top and people hate us again. Good. The more people hate us, the more we seem to win.

If we were a losing team, I don't think anybody would really care what we did or said. Look at Chicago-they whine and cry with the best of them, and fly blissfully under the radar.

I realize being an elite team means the Pistons are under intense scrutiny because they're more in the national eye. I'm ok with that. So yeah, I've officially stopped caring what the rest of the country thinks about us. The only time people will like us is when we're no longer ending their favorite team's season.

So yeah, hate us. Hate our team, hate our uniforms, hate our fans, hate our players, hate our management, hate our style of play, hate our attitude, and most of all, hate the fact that we're so damn good for you to care about all of it.

Los Angeles
02-26-2006, 03:45 AM
You know what else lingers?

Championship banners :tongue:

Nobody likes a bad winner. Nobody likes a bad loser, either. Trust me, I've seen plenty of them.....
Exhibit A, your honor.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 04:02 AM
Exhibit A, your honor.

You had it coming.

Los Angeles
02-26-2006, 04:04 AM
You had it coming.
Are you really so completely ignorant of how your post did nothing but support my point?

You're right, I did have confirmation coming.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 04:05 AM
Are you really so completely ignorant of how your post did nothing but support my point?

You're right, I did have confirmation coming.

I'm only supporting part of your point.

You implying that we should care what everybody thinks about us? Nope.

Your point is taken- Nobody in Detroit is ever going to win a popularity contest, not as long as they field a good team.

So, the only option left is to embrace it. If we have to play the part of the bad guys, so be it.

We can go down in history however the public wants us. Our W/L record is going to go with us.

Besides, pretty much everyone hates the Bad Boys, even today, yet those were some of the best memories of my life. If this current Pistons team goes down the same road, I'd be more than pleased, regardless of what everyone else thinks.

Los Angeles
02-26-2006, 04:11 AM
I'm only supporting part of your point.

You implying that we should care what everybody thinks about us? Nope.

Your point is taken- Nobody in Detroit is ever going to win a popularity contest, not as long as they field a good team.

So, the only option left is to embrace it.

We can go down in history however the public wants us. Our W/L record is going to go with us.
You're point is valid and taken - but you have to understand - my reply was not edited, I just hit the button. You added the long and reasonable explanation after my "exhibit A" post.

I don't think you have to embrace anything. A handshake should be enough. I think you get that reference. ;)

Angle
02-26-2006, 05:09 AM
This goes much deeper than just Piston fans. This is about the city of Detroit, and it's residents.

For those who don't know, Detroit is genereally considered the sewer of America. All of the studies done, the polls, the city rankings etc., all have Detroit ranked as one of the worst places in America. Usually the worst place but ocassionally a Camden or a Baltimore or even a Gary, Indiana will sneak in and steal Detroits thunder.

Their residents are classless, and a very large percentage of Piston fans at the games are Detroit residents. This explains why games in Detroit always bring trouble. Do you all think it's a mere coincedence the worst athlete-spectator incident in US sports history happened in Detroit? Sure, Ron Artest played a huge role in "the brawl". But Ron Artest has played in 29 other cities without major incident. Not in Detroit. You've heard the old "unstoppable force meeting the immovable object" saying. Well, 11/19/04 was the unpredictable psychopath meeting the unruly classless thugs. And what resulted cost us a world championship, because as we saw on that night, we were simply too talented for Detroit to handle.

I also have to point out the hypocrisy of this KStat guy, who by the way is a troll incase noone's noticed by now. According to this young man, pointing out the scumminess of Detroit, basically pointing out facts, makes you "classless". However let Rip Hamilton deliver a cheap shot to someones genitals, or cheap elbow. Let Ben Wallace violenty shove another player, an act of violence that if not shown, 11/19 would've never happened. Let Rasheed Wallace cuss out fans or wait for referees after the game or throw basketballs at teammates heads and then laugh about it and you can be damn sure KStat's going to be there to put a spin on it to make it all a-ok acceptable on the Pistons part. "Ben's brother had died the previous week" or "As long as he's not singleing out any fans" or "Rip was having mentruel cramps, he was grumpy."
It's really quite classless, hypocritical, and most of all, pathetic.

Now before I go, I'd like to share with you all some news and comments about Detroit I found with 5, maybe 8 minutes of searching Google.

The Motor City is running on fumes, no thanks to decades of avarice and incompetence on the part of its local government. In the 1950's, nearly 2 million people lived in Detroit. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city now has less than 900,000 residents and more than a third of those people lived at or below the federal poverty line in 2004, the largest percentage of any U.S. city with a population of 250,000 or more.

Detroit's 2005 unemployment rate was 14.1 percent, more than 2 1/2 times the national level.

News & Notes with Ed Gordon, October 12, 2005 According to the Census Bureau, Detroit is the most impoverished major city in the nation. And conditions are getting worse. Quinn Klinefelter of Detroit Public Radio reports.

And yes, Detroit is filthy. Absolutely filthy. Have you seen downtown? And you made it out with your car? Wow...

I live 20 min south of Detroit...and that's definitely the dirtiest city in the US - hands down.

All this from a guy who likes Detroit. I've been in Detroit and it makes the crappiest parts of my home state look like a freakin' paradise.p

You aren't kiddin Hoov.... Detroit is filthy and run down... the only people happy there are the criminals... who, by the way, make up about 80% of the population....

And here's somethin you all might find interesting.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Night

Wins and losses mean nothing if you aren't the champions. And last time I checked, the Larry O'Brien trophy was making it's home down in south Texas.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi seth :laugh: We missed you.

%90 chance it's seth. Outside shot it's earl.

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi seth :laugh: We missed you.

%90 chance it's seth. Outside shot it's earl.

Higher than 90%, did you see that goofy graphic

Kstat
02-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Higher than 90%, did you see that goofy graphic

I think Sheed refused to sign an autograph for him or something when he was a child. :laugh:

But then again, I've never been able to understand troll logic, and I shouldn't start now.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's chow time. You see, the prison guards really don't appreciate tardiness, at least not with all the cafe riots that have been going on...

I'm thinking of sneaking out in a laundry bucket. Hopefully this idea works.

Moses
02-26-2006, 10:45 AM
This goes much deeper than just Piston fans. This is about the city of Detroit, and it's residents.

For those who don't know, Detroit is genereally considered the sewer of America. All of the studies done, the polls, the city rankings etc., all have Detroit ranked as one of the worst places in America. Usually the worst place but ocassionally a Camden or a Baltimore or even a Gary, Indiana will sneak in and steal Detroits thunder.

Their residents are classless, and a very large percentage of Piston fans at the games are Detroit residents. This explains why games in Detroit always bring trouble. Do you all think it's a mere coincedence the worst athlete-spectator incident in US sports history happened in Detroit? Sure, Ron Artest played a huge role in "the brawl". But Ron Artest has played in 29 other cities without major incident. Not in Detroit. You've heard the old "unstoppable force meeting the immovable object" saying. Well, 11/19/04 was the unpredictable psychopath meeting the unruly classless thugs. And what resulted cost us a world championship, because as we saw on that night, we were simply too talented for Detroit to handle.

I also have to point out the hypocrisy of this KStat guy, who by the way is a troll incase noone's noticed by now. According to this young man, pointing out the scumminess of Detroit, basically pointing out facts, makes you "classless". However let Rip Hamilton deliver a cheap shot to someones genitals, or cheap elbow. Let Ben Wallace violenty shove another player, an act of violence that if not shown, 11/19 would've never happened. Let Rasheed Wallace cuss out fans or wait for referees after the game or throw basketballs at teammates heads and then laugh about it and you can be damn sure KStat's going to be there to put a spin on it to make it all a-ok acceptable on the Pistons part. "Ben's brother had died the previous week" or "As long as he's not singleing out any fans" or "Rip was having mentruel cramps, he was grumpy."
It's really quite classless, hypocritical, and most of all, pathetic.

Now before I go, I'd like to share with you all some news and comments about Detroit I found with 5, maybe 8 minutes of searching Google.

And here's somethin you all might find interesting.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Night

Wins and losses mean nothing if you aren't the champions. And last time I checked, the Larry O'Brien trophy was making it's home down in south Texas.
ROFL

I've got to admit, that was pretty funny.

grace
02-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Note to Angle: it's stupid posts like yours that make the nasty Pistons fans seem not so bad.

Fool
02-26-2006, 11:35 AM
My favorite part of this thread is the Pacer fans who say they've "always hated Detroit and always will", yet can only talk about the brawl as though it happened during the Big Bang.

Speed Freak
02-26-2006, 11:36 AM
So... seriously... what's the point of this thread? The only people posting in it are those who have already made up their minds one way or another. I sincerely doubt that mindless banter on a message board is going to change people's minds.

Above and beyond that, it seems like poor form to come on a message board and publicly declare that a whole city has "classless" fans and then expect said fans to roll over and accept that as fact. Honestly, what do you expect to come from posts declaring things like that? Good and intelligent conversation?

So what that the Piston's got 5 technicals? I haven't seen a Piston fan who disagreed with them yet. And who cares that the Pistons complain about calls? Does it really effect you? Does it really effect the Pacers? I have a hard time believing that complaining about calls is changing the outcome of games for the Pistons. They have earned the record they have, and I'm not going to pretend to make excuses to take away from that. The complaint that "the Pistons are cry-babies" seems to me like people looking for a reason to continue to dislike the Pistons. A weak reason at that.

I'm a huge Pacers fan. Always have been, always will be. I root against Detroit when they come to town and feel extra proud when our team beats Detroit. Even still, all of the Pistons bashing on this forum is a little disgusting. People come up with things the Pistons do wrong that are loosely to moderately based on facts and then complain about them in such a way as to not come across as some homer. The reality of that situation though is people looked for those reasons to complain about and the only reason they did so is because the Pistons are a very tough and talented rival. That means that if we bash them and pound our chests hard enough we will be the better team... riiiiight... That to me is being a homer.

And in regards to people crapping on Pistons fans who post here - get over it. If you don't like what they have to say, ignore it. If you continue to insult and tease them you're only going to accomplish two things:

A. Make them want to stick around even more just to prove to you that you can't force them out of this forum regardless of what you say.

or

B. You'll succeed in making this forum unpleasant enough for them that they will leave and the rest of us will be left with one-sided discussions and little diversity.

Anyhow, I'm through with my rant. If you don't like it, then ignore it. I'm not going to argue about my opinions because they are mine. You can have your own if you want and I won't stop you, so don't try to stop me from having mine.

Sorry for the long post, but the anti-Pistons things has gotten kind of sickening the last few days with the Harrison suspension and now this.

Speed Freak

Kstat
02-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, knock me over with a feather....

I don't expect most people to agree with me, Speed freak. It would be extremely naive of me to think otherwise.

That said, Pacers Digest is still Pacers Digest, and if you compare it to most forums, it's still among the very best. I can tolerate the insults, because there are some quality people here, and I don't hold the actions of others against them.

This kind of stuff happens like clockwork. You learn to shrug it off after a while.

sweabs
02-26-2006, 12:17 PM

Same here...he never used to be that bad, but it has certainly developed into something annoying in the last 2 years (I'm sure you can attribute that to a variety of things).

Speaking of the devil, Tayshaun earns the Pistons their first technical today 6:00 into the game! He got right into Crawford's face like a punk...annoying.

sweabs
02-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Ooooh! This is fun!

Tech counter is up to 2 now, only 20 seconds later! Thank you Flip! Not even half way through the first quarter!

grace
02-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Come one now, Grace.

We all know that there are no such things as "nasty" Pistons fan. Sheed is a saint, really.

Just ask the Pistons fans, they will tell you so.

Obviously yet again I didn't express myself properly. I meant to say the nasty section of Pistons fans.

In case you missed the part where I said I don't think all Pistons fans are :censored: see post # 13.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 12:22 PM
We need a "piston technical counter thread." You know, since you guys insist on updating whenever one gets called on us...

sweabs
02-26-2006, 12:24 PM
We need a "piston technical counter thread." You know, since you guys insist on updating whenever one gets called on us...

I'm sitting at the computer with the game on TV. Tayshaun's technical happened exactly at the same time as I was responding to Soup's comment.

And then, the fact that Flip collected another technical 20 seconds later...I think that says something. And definitely is relevant to this thread.....

Kstat
02-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it says we're having a really bad week.

If we'd been getting techs all season at this insane rate, I'd agree with you.

For what it's worth, I hate it when we complain, because we're better when we don't (except for Sheed). That said, I think its rather small to pick on them endlessly because of it.

sweabs
02-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah, it says we're having a really bad week.

Shucks...only a 4 game win streak eh? That IS rough...:devil:

Kstat
02-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Shucks...only a 4 game win streak eh? That IS rough...:devil:

I'm talking about a bad week of keeping our composure.

Knucklehead Warrior
02-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Kstat
Someone want to explain to me why this sop-fest hasn't been moved to the shout box yet?

Probably because much of it is on IGNORE.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Was Tay *****ing about Bron getting star treatment, or is thing something where Crawford is just PMS'ing [again]?

From what I could tell, a little of both. Crawford's been all over the place today.

Of course, so has Tay this week.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 12:55 PM
You have no clue how funny it is to me to see you A. Tell the world a few posts back that you dont care what people think about the team and then B. Get pissy when someone mentions that a player gets T'd up.

Its a message board, people post when things happen. Just because it isnt talking good about you Pistons doesnt mean it will not be posted.

Rcarey knows I was joking. I forgot to add a smiley.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 12:57 PM
How about Dale Davis today though. WOW is he a beast defensively. 2 blocks already, and nearly had 3.

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 12:58 PM
How about Dale Davis today though. WOW is he a beast defensively. 2 blocks already, and nearly had 3.

:mad::censored::mad::mad::mad:

Kstat
02-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Dale goads Z into a travel. Dale forces Lebron to miss 2 layups at the rim....

I knew he had some gas left in the tank...

Hicks
02-26-2006, 01:07 PM

I will cut you.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I will cut you.

:buddies:

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 01:11 PM
I knew he had some gas left in the tank...

Of course. He's still a great 10-15 mpg player. Starting and playing big minutes is where he's gonna wear down......

Oh and I hate him :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: