View Full Version : The "official" Pacers vs. Hawks post-game thread

Shade
02-24-2006, 11:05 PM
:suicide:

Thoughts?

317Kim
02-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Ditto! :suicide:

I'm in hate-love. Fred and Peja had great games and got us into it..but unfortunately they contributed to gettins us out of it.

EDIT! May I also add that they owe me an inhaler refill. Lord Helmet and I used it all up. :tongue:

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Well at least no one can complain about who Rick played tonight. He had no choice.

Crazy game

Jermaniac
02-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Our new logo is a new born baby's ***. 8567749494 chances to win and they choke. Idiots.

Fred Jones and Peja Stojakovic had 0 points tonight, thats how many points they had, and the stats they had should not be counted on their stat sheet because both of them got something stuck in their throat and couldnt breath.

Lord Helmet
02-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Why don't we have some Kool-aid........

Jon Theodore
02-24-2006, 11:10 PM
pretty pathetic if you ask me, why the hell did AJ chuck up that three again. And to think i was starting to like the guy.

Stryder
02-24-2006, 11:11 PM
I like the grape kool-aid....Jim Jones style...

317Kim
02-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Cherry Kool-Aid. If not than Ice Blue lemonade will do.

Unclebuck
pretty pathetic if you ask me, why the hell did AJ chuck up that three again. And to think i was starting to like the guy.

That was a good shot, it was in and out. I'll take that shot every time.

Pacers lost the game in the 1st quarter with very poor intensity

Fireball Kid
One can lose health watching the Pacers sometimes.........

Shade
Well at least no one can complain about who Rick played tonight. He had no choice.

Crazy game

Stuff that! Eddie would have saved us. :tongue:

:innocent:

Lord Helmet
02-24-2006, 11:15 PM
I like the grape kool-aid....Jim Jones style...
Yeah, that's it....

[Jim Jones] Now, everyone, stand in line. You'll all get some, now, now, just be patient, my friends.[/Jim Jones]

Fireball Kid
02-24-2006, 11:15 PM
So does anyone know what exactly happened to Stephen Jackson??

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Poorly officated game. On that very last play of the OT, the Pacers should have had the ball along the sideline, where the hawks threw the ball in. Not sure that it would have made any difference.

Kstat
The only issue I had was with Anthony Johnson hoisting up a 30-footer with 9 seconds left in a 1-point game......

Lord Helmet
Can we ever have anything to celebrate? Jesus.

317Kim
02-24-2006, 11:17 PM

I was wondering the same.

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:18 PM

Knee injury, he was barely moving during the time he was on the court. Not sure if he injured it tonight or not. I think he injured it last night at Detroit.

We need to give 4 Pacers players some credit. Fred, Peja, AJ and Jeff all played very well. Pacers just needed more delth tonight

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:19 PM
The only issue I had was with Anthony Johnson hoisting up a 30-footer with 9 seconds left in a 1-point game......

30-footer?. You must have AJ's shot confused with some of Sheed's shots from last night.

AJ's shot was maybe a foot beyond the 3-point strip

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:21 PM
What about Jeff going 4 for 4 at the FT line in the last 2 minutes of the game

Shade
02-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Our new logo is a new born baby's ***. 8567749494 chances to win and they choke. Idiots.

Fred Jones and Peja Stojakovic had 0 points tonight, thats how many points they had, and the stats they had should not be counted on their stat sheet because both of them got something stuck in their throat and couldnt breath.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Shade20x6/Pacers_05-06_logo_for_CFH_Uploads_2.jpg

317Kim
02-24-2006, 11:24 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Shade20x6/Pacers_05-06_logo_for_CFH_Uploads_2.jpg

Wow. I wanna laugh but I'm not..Okay just for a little bit :laugh: Okay I'm done.

Jaydawg2270

Are you allowed to post that?

ManicStreetPreachers
Peja made up for that missed free throw by grabbing the offensive rebound at the end. Why did AJ go for a 3 when there is 13 seconds left and down by one?!

Jermaniac
02-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Perfect, they should now put that in the middle of the court until on of these so called basketball players can grow some balls and make a shot when it matters. Thats why we never win close games, no one on this team is clutch. Look at Joe Johnson the guy looked like MJ when he got the ball and when his team needed it. Our guys are standing in place praying they are not asked to make a shot. I knew Fred Jones wouldnt make those FT's cause he is Fred Jones, remember the Bucks game? Pacers up 2 he gets two FT's misses one and the Bucks win the game with a 3. WHO? FRED JONES? SMH

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Peja made up for that missed free throw by grabbing the offensive rebound at the end. Why did AJ go for a 3 when there is 13 seconds left and down by one?!

I'll try one more time. Watch the play again. All the Hwaks players were in the lane, there was no room to drive and AJ was wide open and he had been hitting the shot all night long and it was in and out.

Out of maybe a hundred things that led to the defeat tonight, AJ's desision to take that shot does not make the list.

Hawks shot 80% on three-pointers. They were 8 of 10. I will predict that is the best percentage any team has shot this whole season when shooting 10 or more threes. Incredible

Lord Helmet
02-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Perfect, they should now put that in the middle of the court until on of these so called basketball players can grow some balls and make a shot when it matters. Thats why we never win close games, no one on this team is clutch. Look at Joe Johnson the guy looked like MJ when he got the ball and when his team needed it. Our guys are standing in place praying they are not asked to make a shot. I knew Fred Jones wouldnt make those FT's cause he is Fred Jones, remember the Bucks game? Pacers up 2 he gets two FT's misses one and the Bucks win the game with a 3. WHO? FRED JONES? SMH
This is growing so true.

We have no one to depend on, and when you look at Joe Johnson, it just makes you envy him. I mean I don't think I've seen someone on this Pacer team hit that many shots in a row.

ManicStreetPreachers
02-24-2006, 11:30 PM
I'll try one more time. Watch the play again. All the Hwaks players were in the lane, there was no room to drive and AJ was wide open and he had been hitting the shot all night long and it was in and out.

Out of maybe a hundred things that led to the defeat tonight, AJ's desision to take that shot does not make the list.

Fair enough. It still seemed like a rush decision with 9-10 seconds left. WHy not try to hold off for the last shot and not allow Hawks to have another opportunity to score?

Jon Theodore
02-24-2006, 11:31 PM

KSTAT, thank you for posting here. I sometimes wonder about people here.

That was my point...1 POINT GAME WITH NINE SECONDS, EVERYBODY SCRAMBLING, WORK THE ****ING BALL AROUND....JESUS CHRIST I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING IN BUT THAT WAS JUST STUPID BY AJ.

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Fair enough. It still seemed like a rush decision with 9-10 seconds left. WHy not try to hold off for the last shot and not allow Hawks to have another opportunity to score?

When you are trailing you never hold for the last shot. You take the first good shot, so you have time for a rebound or if you miss you can still foul.

I must say I am shocked at some of you who think that shot by AJ was a bad decision. Go back and watch that sequence. Pacers were not going to get a better shot, no matter what they tried

Jon Theodore
02-24-2006, 11:36 PM
i forgot how i hate this team, that little Peja victory parade of 6 wins was nice

welcome back the real pacers. I am actually starting to miss Jermaine.

Jermaniac
02-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I am actually starting to miss Jermaine.

:sad: You are not the only one

Shade
02-24-2006, 11:39 PM
i forgot how i hate this team, that little Peja victory parade of 6 wins was nice

welcome back the real pacers. I am actually starting to miss Jermaine.

Put on yer coats, 'cause it just got a lot colder in here. :laugh:

Moses
02-24-2006, 11:43 PM
It was a heart-breaking loss. Danny did get fouled on the last few shots..but it doesn't matter. I knew for some reason in the middle of the game that these missed free throws were going to cost us..then finally when Peja missed free throws and Freddie missed free throws..I knew it was going to end like that. An interesting question that I couldn't help but ask is why the **** didn't we rush Joe Johnson on every play offensively and foul his *** out? He was the only player left on the Hawks capable of scoring but he was in there for a good 10 minutes with 5 fouls.

Jermaniac
02-24-2006, 11:43 PM
You know what guys to tell you the truth, this is Jamaal Tinsley's and Jermaine O'neals fault I saw them on the bench tonight, me and my son used the tivo buttons and we looked at still shots of Jermaine and Jamaal and guys I saw Jermaine looking like his normal self on the bench, and Jamaal Tinsley did not jump the required hight of a celebration jump when ever we scored. So forget the bad basketball its their fault.

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:45 PM
You know what guys to tell you the truth, this is Jamaal Tinsley's and Jermaine O'neals fault I saw them on the bench tonight, me and my son used the tivo buttons and we looked at still shots of Jermaine and Jamaal and guys I saw Jermaine looking like his normal self on the bench, and Jamaal Tinsley did not jump the required hight of a celebration jump when ever we scored. So forget the bad basketball its their fault.

Wow, you have a son. how old is he

Jermaniac
02-24-2006, 11:51 PM

Moses
02-24-2006, 11:53 PM
And how old are you again?

Stryder
02-24-2006, 11:53 PM

Just curious, but your son is 13 and how old are you? I thought you were in high school?

Perceptions on the Internet...geeze...

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:54 PM
So you had him when you were 6. You're very talented.

Jerm, knows I was joking, and now he's playing along. Jerm's original post about "his son" was in reference to some prior posts from a few of the forum regulars from a few weeks back.

He doesn't have a son

Jermaniac
02-24-2006, 11:54 PM
And how old are you again?17, I had a son when I was 4 years old only I and Chuck Norris could do that. Me and my son used to change each others dipers, TRUE STORY.

Stryder
02-24-2006, 11:56 PM
17, I had a son when I was 4 years old only I and Chuck Norris could do that.

Ok, so I was correct. You are in high school.

Geeze. I need to go to bed.

Jermaniac
02-24-2006, 11:56 PM
YESIR

Jaydawg2270
02-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Thats very impressing, how old is the mother

Shade
02-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Thats very impressing, how old is the mother

Jaydawg2270
02-24-2006, 11:59 PM
ewww :laugh:

PostArtestEra
02-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Im gonna take a wild guess that when Jermaniac said him and his son he didnt mean it literally. I'm thinking he was using that crazy slang the kids use today.

Unclebuck
02-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Im gonna take a wild guess that when Jermaniac said him and his son he didnt mean it literally. I'm thinking he was using that crazy slang the kids use today.

No he was specifically referring to a post Peck made a few weeks back

Jermaniac
02-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Ding Ding Ding, UB wins. Sorry folks but UB gets the lucky prize. He can now be Jermaine O'Neals co-agent with me.

Unclebuck
02-25-2006, 12:26 AM
I just watched AJ's three again on the highlights. He was maybe one foot behind the three point line.

SoupIsGood
02-25-2006, 12:46 AM
This game hurt!

denyfizle
02-25-2006, 12:59 AM
How is Rick Carlisle a great coach when he runs the same predictable bull***** all the time? If it's not an iso for JO or Jacko, it's a clear out for Freddy. And what? That lone throw it quarter court to the PF or C then dish to a wing man for 3 RC used in the last 1.3 that got tapped out? Bullcrap man, RC is overrated. All of us knew that play was coming, and so did Atlanta. Screw Carlisle!!! If you hate my opinion, screw you too!!!

Fireball Kid
02-25-2006, 01:04 AM
How is Rick Carlisle a great coach when he runs the same predictable bull***** all the time? If it's not an iso for JO or Jacko, it's a clear out for Freddy. And what? That lone throw it quarter court to the PF or C then dish to a wing man for 3 RC used in the last 1.3 that got tapped out? Bullcrap man, RC is overrated. All of us knew that play was coming, and so did Atlanta. Screw Carlisle!!! If you hate my opinion, screw you too!!!

This is nothing new.

CableKC
02-25-2006, 01:16 AM
KSTAT, thank you for posting here. I sometimes wonder about people here.

That was my point...1 POINT GAME WITH NINE SECONDS, EVERYBODY SCRAMBLING, WORK THE ****ING BALL AROUND....JESUS CHRIST I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING IN BUT THAT WAS JUST STUPID BY AJ.
I didn't catch the game.....were we up by 1 or down by 1 point with 9 seconds left and AJ made a 3 pt shot?

If down by 1....why make a 3pt shot?

I guess he was the only one open?

Kstat
02-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Ok, even if he WAS wide open, he could have taken two, maybe three steps inside the arc, and been just as open. There was nobody near him.

Taking a three in that situation, at least to me, was horrible game-management.

bulletproof
02-25-2006, 01:28 AM
Ok, even if he WAS wide open, he could have taken two, maybe three steps inside the arc, and been just as open. There was nobody near him.

Taking a three in that situation, at least to me, was horrible game-management.

Oh shut up.

bulletproof
02-25-2006, 01:30 AM
I must say I am shocked at some of you who think that shot by AJ was a bad decision. Go back and watch that sequence. Pacers were not going to get a better shot, no matter what they tried

They had 9 seconds to get a better shot, so you can't say that. That said, I don't blame AJ for this loss; once again, we missed critical FTs.

McKeyFan
02-25-2006, 02:22 AM
17, I had a son when I was 4 years old only I and Chuck Norris could do that. Me and my son used to change each others dipers, TRUE STORY.

Completely unrelated, but a news story reported that a 62 year old woman had a kid last week. That means the woman's grandson could change his great uncle's diapers.

ManicStreetPreachers
02-25-2006, 02:43 AM
Free throws decided the game, but so did turnovers. Too many turnovers in last few games. 20+ in 3 of last 4 games.

rexnom
02-25-2006, 03:38 AM
To me it's just manifesting itself that you can't go on forever with your top scorer and top point guard. It's that simple to me. Also, it seems we are having some clutch problems. JO and JT aren't going to solve those. And, once again, we seem to have issues with the Hawks. They really come to play against us for some reason...and what was up with our defense tonight? Are we really that bad defensively? I thought we were a good defensive team.

skyfire
02-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Oh shut up.

I havn't seen the game, but Kstat is entitled to his opinion.

As UB said when you are down you take the best shot you can get. If AJ had the space to get a mid-long range 2pter when you're only down 1 then that would likely be a better shot than a 3pter from 1ft out.

Unclebuck
02-25-2006, 09:51 AM
I can't believe this discussioin is still going on. It isn't like AJ moved out beyond the line just to shoot. On any free throws you must stay beyond the 3 point line, so AJ just happended to be where he was.

I need to say one thing unrelated to the AJ shot.

If you want to see what happens when you don't get back on defense, watch the first quarter, the Pacers transition defense early in that game was atrocious

bulletproof
02-25-2006, 11:56 AM
I havn't seen the game, but Kstat is entitled to his opinion.

No he's not.

Raskolnikov
02-25-2006, 12:13 PM
When did Jackson leave the court?

Any info on how bad the injury is?

Unclebuck
02-25-2006, 12:16 PM
When did Jackson leave the court?

Any info on how bad the injury is?

2nd quarter, but he was obviously not moving well.

Evan_The_Dude
02-25-2006, 12:37 PM
This is starting to remind me of the Mookie Blaylock and Steve Smith days of the Hawks. We could beat any other team, but we just couldn't get the Hawks number.

Raskolnikov
02-25-2006, 03:49 PM
This is starting to remind me of the Mookie Blaylock and Steve Smith days of the Hawks. We could beat any other team, but we just couldn't get the Hawks number.
Well, we still have one chance to beat 'em this season.

The 29th of March it's :death::hawks::death: day.

Shade
02-25-2006, 11:49 PM
No he's not.

:lmao:

Shade
02-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Like I said before, plenty of blame to go around in this one:

- Peja's missed FTs
- Freddie's missed FTs
- AJ's missed shots
- AJ's bad inbounds pass
- Jeff's bad inbounds pass

And that's just in the last couple minutes or so.

Kstat
02-26-2006, 11:29 AM
No he's not.

Looks like he finally gave in to hie evil side....

We need a "tale of the tape" comparison between Harmonica and Bulletproof, seriously.

Unclebuck
02-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't think that was a bad inbounds pass by AJ, I don't think Peja ran the play as he should. He was supposed to fade and he didn't

SoupIsGood
02-26-2006, 05:07 PM
We need a "tale of the tape" comparison between Harmonica and Bulletproof, seriously.

:lmao:

ChicagoJ
02-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Wow. What a wacky thread. I was out of town most of the weekend so I didn't get a chance to comment on this game yet...

Anyway, we lost this reason for the same reason we beat Jersey-

Only this time, Granger and Harrison did not play well (and Harrison, of course, did not play at all).

Doesn't matter if Fred plays well or not, although it helps.

Doesn't matter if Jeff plays well or not, although it helps and his new-found FT shooting actually could make Austin obsolete if he can keep it up, long-term.

Doesn't matter if Jackson even plays or not, although I think it helps for him to not be out there...

This team is all about developing Granger and Harrison for this years' playoffs.

02-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Like I said before, plenty of blame to go around in this one:

- Peja's missed FTs
- Freddie's missed FTs
- AJ's missed shots
- AJ's bad inbounds pass
- Jeff's bad inbounds pass

And that's just in the last couple minutes or so.

- Allowing 3 offensive rebounds in less than 10 final seconds
- Allowing 3 shots in less than 10 final seconds