PDA

View Full Version : Peja vs. Prince

Shade
02-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Was anyone else pleasantly surprised by this match-up last night? After hearing so much about how Peja is Prince's b!tch, the tables really seemed turned last night. Prince tried to post Peja up early and couldn't even budge him. Peja gave Prince fits late, always getting a hand on the ball whenever Tayshaun tried to get his offense going.

A little :sunshine: in last night's loss.

SwissExpress
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Someone really said that? I'm a bit surprised. Though Prince is my favorite Piston, I never considered him as Peja's caliber player, except for defence.

Unclebuck
02-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Tay defends Peja pretty well. But that is to be expected, he's an excellent defender. One nice thing is that peja draws Prince away from the basket which at least in theory should help open things up inside - not that the Wallace's need any help though.

I don't really mind when the Pistons post up Prince a lot, that takes them out of their offense. I fear Sheed, Rip and Bill more than I do Prince

cramerica
02-24-2006, 11:32 AM
I thought Peja's d on Prince last night was excellent.

FreshPrince22
02-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Tayshaun is in a huge slump. I don't really know what to make of it. He has sucked against EVERYONE lately. Word is his knee is bothering him.

Moses
02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Tayshaun is in a huge slump. I don't really know what to make of it. He has sucked against EVERYONE lately. Word is his knee is bothering him.
While they may be true, Peja defended him extremely well last night. Peja had a nice defensive stop at the end of the first quarter as well to prevent the game from going up 6 points before the 2nd. The guy has extremely fast feet and has the size to be a great defender despite the fact that everyone says he plays no defense. I think he could turn out to be a very good defender on a team that actually promotes defense.

Diesel_81
02-25-2006, 01:47 AM
While they may be true, Peja defended him extremely well last night. Peja had a nice defensive stop at the end of the first quarter as well to prevent the game from going up 6 points before the 2nd. The guy has extremely fast feet and has the size to be a great defender despite the fact that everyone says he plays no defense. I think he could turn out to be a very good defender on a team that actually promotes defense.

I really never understood this notion that Peja can't play defense. When he played with Sac he was one of the very few players who did play defense other then Doug Christie and Bobby Jackson(when he wasn't injured).Granted he's not a lockdown defense and never will be but he will play hard and he'll never hurt you at that end of the floor. I just wish he was more aggressive on the offensive end.

Kstat
02-25-2006, 02:15 AM
Peja did play a lot better against Prince last night than he usually does. Give him credit.

That said, Prince has pretty much killed Peja in the recent past. Time will tell if he adjusted or if Prince had a poor game.

DeAthrow
02-25-2006, 02:21 AM
That's one of the things that would drive me absolutely nuts on the Kings forum when they would keep complaining about Peja's defense. In the meantime we got Bibby who could stop my grandma but somehow Peja is the worst defender :rolleyes: