PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent...(Fred Jones).

penn13
02-24-2006, 09:53 AM
There is something that has been bothering me for some time now. I am going to use my frustration with losing to the Pistons to vent.

I am sick and tired of Fred Jones taking the last shot of a quarter every time the opportunity presents itself. When the Pacers have a quarter ending shot they get the ball to Fred and clear the lane. Fred then dribbles, and dribbles, and dribbles and then flies into the lane out of control and throws up a prayer. I think I understand what Carlisle is thinking, Fred does have a quick first step and he is able to get a step on the defender, but Fred, PASS THE :censored: BALL!

Does anyone else share in my pain? Thank you for letting me vent...:)

Jon Theodore
02-24-2006, 10:26 AM
you would rather him shoot, he might be the worst passes in the NBA so you certainly do not want him passing. I could careless if he resign him, he has clearly been playing for a contract this year.

Once he gets as good contract, he will be nothing special. HIs passing last night really screwed us over...early in the game when it was close, he made at least 4 horrible passes in the first half that led to turnovers. He may have not been credited with all of those TO's, but he was certainly to blame.

It's like in a videogame when you jump to shoot then pass at the last minute and it works, yeah fred this isn't a videogame.

Ragnar
02-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Travis Best is not in the NBA anymore so Rick has to find someone to take that time off the clock and get nothing from it.

Lithfan
02-24-2006, 10:59 AM
There is something that has been bothering me for some time now. I am going to use my frustration with losing to the Pistons to vent.

I am sick and tired of Fred Jones taking the last shot of a quarter every time the opportunity presents itself. When the Pacers have a quarter ending shot they get the ball to Fred and clear the lane. Fred then dribbles, and dribbles, and dribbles and then flies into the lane out of control and throws up a prayer. I think I understand what Carlisle is thinking, Fred does have a quick first step and he is able to get a step on the defender, but Fred, PASS THE :censored: BALL!

Does anyone else share in my pain? Thank you for letting me vent...:)

Yeah I've noticed that in the last game. He just takes the ball and goes one on five like nobody else exists. The biggest problem is that it happens not only in the end...
Thats my impression from the last game.

MagicRat
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Freddie did struggle mightily last night.

mboyle1313 made a couple of observations about Fred's game last night, saying he's doesn't remember anyone having a more rollercoaster season than Freddie, playing poorly early, playing great for about 3 weeks, and now back to playing poorly again.

He also said that the opposing team could put all 5 defenders to Fred's right and he would still drive into them.

Mark and Slick both have complained about Freddie leaving his feet without knowing what he's going to do with it all season long........

beast23
02-24-2006, 11:19 AM
I mentioned this yesterday. I don't think it is just Freddie; I think it is our guards in general.

Tinsley has done it. Freddie has the tendancy as well. But lately, it has been mostly AJ. A few years ago, many of us had the same complaint about Al and Travis.

penn13
02-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Travis Best is not in the NBA anymore so Rick has to find someone to take that time off the clock and get nothing from it.

:bowdown: :jump: :nod:

Roy Munson
02-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Freddy struggled last night, as did many Pacers. There is a reason that the Pistons are the best team in the NBA. They are DIFFICULT to play against because they play real good defense.

What I noticed about the Pistons is that Ben Wallace is real good at getting open and positioning himself for an easy shot whenever his man helps on defense. It seems like over and over again Hamilton, Billups or Prince will drive the lane, then dump it off to BWallace for a dunk.

That rarely happens for the Pacers because their posts are not as good at sealing off after a screen, and finding open interior spaces where they could receive a scoring pass. I think that's why Freddy gets hung out to dry too often. But what would help Freddy more than anything would be do develop a n 8-10 foot pull-up shot in the key. This would make defenders move up on him instead of waiting for him at the basket. He needs to learn that Rip Hamilton 10-footer.

Pacesetter
02-24-2006, 07:46 PM
The day Fred Jones decides to play Fred Jones basketball will be the day people stop wondering how good he can be, and see how good he's become. At some point, who knows when it will be, Fred Jones must step up to the plate and dominate his opponents. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've seen him with a play that begged for him to FINISH, but for some reason, he didn't. It is very disappointing when I see him back out of a play that is demanding him to finish. It's frustrating!

Finish, Fred Jones, finish the plays bro! :cool:

CableKC
02-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't know about you....but I don't want him to pass the ball....cuz most of the time...he will leap first then pass the ball in mid air.....then more then likely turn it over to the opposing team.

skyfire
02-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Fred needs to work on a few relatively simple things:

Passing the ball without jumping in the air
Mid range pullup jumpshot and mid range catch and shot
Left hand dribbling and attacking the basket

If he could improve on all those things he could be a very solid NBA player. If not, teams like the Pistons will eat him alive his entire career.

317Kim
02-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I'd say Fred is making up for last nights game. :nod:

Tim
02-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Mark and Slick both have complained about Freddie leaving his feet without knowing what he's going to do with it all season long........

This is the reason I no longer put Do Not Trade in front of his name.

Pacesetter
02-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Fred played very good basketball last night, but I'm willing to bet he would have traded his incredible % for that 1 missed FT in the end.

He also could have finished with greater ease if he knew before making his turn to the rim, that his sole mission was to beat everyone to the backboard, and if plan A fails as it did towards the end of the game when he was blocke, that he has a plan B like a rap around pass or kick out.

A little tweaking of last night's game, and this is the polished Fred Jones basketball I'm waiting for!

wtg #20!!!! :cool: