PDA

View Full Version : On a more positive note..

Moses
02-23-2006, 11:50 PM
We got a look into what the Pistons would be like without any of their starters in. :laugh:

We also got a look at how well David Harrison could break tackles in the NFL when he hulked delfino.

Oh yeah, we only lost by 5 to!! Not much to say about the loss tonight..Turnovers and alot of momentum stoppers (sheed, david harrison) and just missing wide open shots. We missed 6 or 7 wide open layups and quite a few wide open jumpers. On top of that they just played better the entire game..We got off to the great start but they outplayed us for the rest of the game.

Something that has been bothering me lately is the lack of Danny Grangers playing time. He's playing 15-20 a game..But when he was playing as well as he was, Why wasn't he in for the duration of the game? He needs at least 25-30 mins a game when he was playing how he was tonight.

Kstat
02-23-2006, 11:58 PM
To be fair to the bench, they pretty much stopped playing, and Indiana didn't treat it like garbage time.

This was Acker's 2nd game of his career. They'll get better.

Fireball Kid
02-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Oh yeah, we only lost by 5 to!!

Thats because the starters were not in there.

Moses
02-24-2006, 12:01 AM
To be fair to the bench, they pretty much stopped playing.

This was Acker's 2nd game of his career. They'll get better.
Yeah, but it was still fun to watch us come back a little close and make the score look respectable.

On a side note, who here would love to see the Pistons bench their starting 5 for the final few games of the season just to see how well their bench does for the last few games..you know kind of how some teams rest their starters for the post-season? It would definitely be interesting to watch.

Kstat
02-24-2006, 12:02 AM
We benched a few starters the final 2 games last year and went 1-1.

Dale, McDyess, Delfino Evans and Hunter is a pretty decent 5. Not horrible by any means.

FreshPrince22
02-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Flip was just nervous to put in Acker to run the show. It was (as Kstat said) the 2nd game of his career. Especially against a full court press. And as you noticed, it wasn't pretty in the minute you saw it. It's irrelevant anyways. Our 11-12th men aren't going to be getting burn in the playoffs anyways.

larry
02-24-2006, 12:11 AM
i had 2 work did we get rocked? i've seen the score but it sounds like we caught a major beatdown. artest is gaurding kobe which is interesting, but im p.o'd i missed tnts east game tonight.

Moses
02-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Flip was just nervous to put in Acker to run the show. It was (as Kstat said) the 2nd game of his career. Especially against a full court press. And as you noticed, it wasn't pretty in the minute you saw it. It's irrelevant anyways. Our 11-12th men aren't going to be getting burn in the playoffs anyways.
Better knock on wood to that one.

ManicStreetPreachers
02-24-2006, 12:30 AM
What about that awesome 3 from Peja towards the end of 1st half. That was one of the prettiest shots I have seen in a long time.

Frank Slade
02-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Yeah, but it was still fun to watch us come back a little close and make the score look respectable.

On a side note, who here would love to see the Pistons bench their starting 5 for the final few games of the season just to see how well their bench does for the last few games..you know kind of how some teams rest their starters for the post-season? It would definitely be interesting to watch.

Or maybe you mean like the Pacers have had to do to a lesser extent the entire season the last few years and still stay competitive ....

Frank Slade
02-24-2006, 12:52 AM
We benched a few starters the final 2 games last year and went 1-1.

Dale, McDyess, Delfino Evans and Hunter is a pretty decent 5. Not horrible by any means.

Yes, not horrible but 2 games at the end of the season is not a good measuring stick.

317Kim
02-24-2006, 06:20 AM
:nod: HULKing Delfino was great.

Another positive, we play them at home a month from now, March 24th. :devil:

Will Galen
02-24-2006, 10:26 AM

That's something you hope doesn't happen. A few injuries and they're playing.

Roy Munson
02-24-2006, 11:44 AM
The game ended on a 15-0 Pacers run. I don't think I've ever seen a LOSING team end a game on a 15-0 run.

Roy Munson
02-24-2006, 11:48 AM
The game ended on a 15-0 Pacers run. I don't think I've ever seen a LOSING team end a game on a 15-0 run.

Oops, never mind. It was an 18-3 run. I forgot about the Billups 3 that he hit toward the end. I knew that the lead went from 20 to 5, but forgot about that one shot. Sorry.

Roy Munson
02-24-2006, 11:58 AM
And on an even MORE positive note, last night's late run caused the Pacers to cover the spread. One of the most improbable covers of the season.

FreshPrince22
02-24-2006, 02:30 PM
:nod: HULKing Delfino was great.

:mad: I was about to kick a hole through my TV when they called that on Delfino. :censored:

MagicRat
02-24-2006, 03:37 PM
:mad: I was about to kick a hole through my TV when they called that on Delfino. :censored:

Delfino can't just run into the Hulkster's posterior like that and not expect to be called for a foul. Referees around the league do their best to protect David. He should know that.........:shakehead