PDA

View Full Version : Poor Nuggets

Shade
02-23-2006, 08:04 PM
At some point, the were supposedly on the verge of acquiring Paul Pierce, Ron Artest, Steve Francis, or Allen Iverson, and instead ended up with...Ruben Patterson. :laugh:

Pig Nash
02-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Woo, the Kobe stopper's in Denver. :unimpress

NugzFan
02-23-2006, 11:43 PM
At some point, the were supposedly on the verge of acquiring Paul Pierce, Ron Artest, Steve Francis, or Allen Iverson, and instead ended up with...Ruben Patterson. :laugh:

uh...but we didnt give up anything. its not like the SAME OFFER was used to get patterson. we got a couple decent players for nothing.

nice spin though.

Shade
02-23-2006, 11:45 PM
uh...but we didnt give up anything. its not like the SAME OFFER was used to get patterson. we got a couple decent players for nothing.

nice spin though.

Never said you did. It's just that, after all the hype, the Kobe Stopper came to town instead.

NugzFan
02-24-2006, 12:23 AM
personally i didnt buy any of that talk being too serious. in the nba 99% of trade rumors never get filled.

the deal that actually happened was pretty decent though.

BoomBaby31
02-24-2006, 02:03 AM
Who wants to play in Denver? That altitude every 3rd night would suck. I was staying in Boulder and went to go play some B-Ball not even thinking and was TOTALLY surprised I couldn't get up and down the court. Decent city though

NugzFan
02-24-2006, 02:38 AM
Who wants to play in Denver? That altitude every 3rd night would suck. I was staying in Boulder and went to go play some B-Ball not even thinking and was TOTALLY surprised I couldn't get up and down the court. Decent city though

oh god - give me a break ("who wants to play in denver?"). when you live there and play there most nights the altitude doesnt bother you. your body adapts.

Kestas
02-25-2006, 01:36 PM
oh god - give me a break ("who wants to play in denver?"). when you live there and play there most nights the altitude doesnt bother you. your body adapts.

are you a Nugets fan? what do you think about Kleiza?

don't beat me up for asking this, sometimes you can't help but say something ;) i would like to hear about our boy from the horse's mouth..

Doug
02-25-2006, 03:36 PM

I think the altitude would be an advantage. Your body would get used to it. You'll have more energy on the road. And opponents would have to deal with the altitude. It's probably not *that* big of deal, but I'd think it would be a small advantage.

N8R
02-25-2006, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't mind playing for Denver. They can sign me anyday now.

rexnom
02-25-2006, 06:23 PM

Why would you not want to play in Denver? The higher altitude, once you adjust, which doesn't take long, only helps you and your body. Olympic athletes train at higher altitudes for this reason. It helps their fitness. Second, I've also read over and over again that Denver has established some of the nicest lockerrooms and such. Apparently their clubhouse is awesome. Like Dallas.

Back to the original point, however. Denver messed up this trading deadline. Why didn't they just trade Earl Watson for Flip Murray and junk. Are you telling me that Mike Wilks was better than whatever they could offer? Flip would've been a legit option. How can Denver go two straight years without a real SG? And they traded away the only won they had the year before that. How do they expect to go anywhere without people who can shoot. Melo is the real deal. As is Camby and Miller. And don't laugh at Patterson (I know it's hard) but he's an ok player. And they got him for potato chips. This goes right up there on the list of NBA things that make me mad unrelated to the Pacers: and the Nuggets inability to get a SG is sneaking up on the Hawks not drafting Chris Paul. Denver could be right up there with a good guard. It's just sad.

Shade
02-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Denver's probably scaring off a lot of NBA players after the whole Kobe fiasco. ;)

NugzFan
02-26-2006, 05:11 AM
are you a Nugets fan? what do you think about Kleiza?

don't beat me up for asking this, sometimes you can't help but say something ;) i would like to hear about our boy from the horse's mouth..

great surprise. didnt think hed be any good, let alone as a rookie. but hes already playing some good ball and giving us quality minutes off the bench.

NugzFan
02-26-2006, 05:13 AM
Why would you not want to play in Denver? The higher altitude, once you adjust, which doesn't take long, only helps you and your body. Olympic athletes train at higher altitudes for this reason. It helps their fitness. Second, I've also read over and over again that Denver has established some of the nicest lockerrooms and such. Apparently their clubhouse is awesome. Like Dallas.

exactly. good post.

Back to the original point, however. Denver messed up this trading deadline. Why didn't they just trade Earl Watson for Flip Murray and junk. Are you telling me that Mike Wilks was better than whatever they could offer? Flip would've been a legit option. How can Denver go two straight years without a real SG?

murray is good but i still like what we got. neither murray or patterson are going to take us to the next level anyways.

And they traded away the only won they had the year before that. How do they expect to go anywhere without people who can shoot. Melo is the real deal. As is Camby and Miller. And don't laugh at Patterson (I know it's hard) but he's an ok player. And they got him for potato chips. This goes right up there on the list of NBA things that make me mad unrelated to the Pacers: and the Nuggets inability to get a SG is sneaking up on the Hawks not drafting Chris Paul. Denver could be right up there with a good guard. It's just sad.

its not sad - every team has a weakness. its not like we had the chance to get a great SG and just said no. you cant just go trade crap and expect an all star guard in return. we dont have any SGs but we have 2 PGs better than any PG on some teams. we have multiple big men better than any big men on some teams. every team has strengths and weaknesses. doesnt make them sad.

rexnom
02-26-2006, 05:29 AM
its not sad - every team has a weakness. its not like we had the chance to get a great SG and just said no. you cant just go trade crap and expect an all star guard in return. we dont have any SGs but we have 2 PGs better than any PG on some teams. we have multiple big men better than any big men on some teams. every team has strengths and weaknesses. doesnt make them sad.

To me its sad because it's a huge problem that the Nugs have been trying to solve publicly (and probably privately) for a long time. It's also sad becaue the Nuggets are basically a complete team, like you said. I really do think that all they need is another perimeter scorer. It's amazing how much pressure that would take off of the other guys. I am willing to bet large quantities of money that that is what the Nuggets go after this off-season. And they'll succeed too.

Kestas
02-26-2006, 05:32 AM
great surprise. didnt think hed be any good, let alone as a rookie. but hes already playing some good ball and giving us quality minutes off the bench.

please don't get me wrong, but you guys just do not learn.
Kleiza was the second best player of U-19 World championships in 2003, where Lithuania lost to Australia in the Final (USA with the likes of Redick and Deron Williams finished 5th). Bogut got the MVP, Kleiza was the MPV of LTU squad and also a member of all-tournament team. or was Kleiza an all-tournament MVP? nevermind.. what more a guy has to do to make you expect something from him? ;)