PDA

View Full Version : Possible hoax but... Pacers may have traded Cro for Tim Thomas

naptownmenace
02-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I debated even posting this but since I found it interesting I'm posting it anyway.

From RATS Forum - http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140114

Rick Bucher just said one of the trades that had been sent in before the deadline was The Pacers trading Austin Croschere to the Bulls for Tim Thomas. He said he'd have more on it at 4:40 pm.

Austin & Eddie Gill plus the trade exception would work.

ChicagoJ
02-23-2006, 06:56 PM
I'll see what I can find out around here...

EDIT -

I'd be surprised.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bullnt23.html

From today's SunTimes...

One move a couple of teams hope that the Bulls make today is to waive Tim Thomas, whom Paxson sent home three games into the season. The Bulls are paying Thomas the approximately $14 million left on this, the last season of his contract.

According to the San Antonio Express-News, the San Antonio Spurs will give Thomas a long look if he becomes available. The New Jersey Nets are also said to be willing to pick up Thomas, a Paterson, N.J., native, should he be let go by the Bulls. If Thomas is not waived by the Bulls before March 1, he cannot be on a team's playoff roster.

JBones19
02-23-2006, 07:10 PM
This Pacers0506 guy is a troll, he already got me once-
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=296717#post296717

I would bet Cro is still here.

-J

Kaufman
02-23-2006, 07:15 PM
I have one end that I can use to verify and according to my sources, no medical information has been exchanged, making it unlikely in my mind that anything has happened. Of course, there doesn't always have to be such an exchange, but I think this IS a hoax.

BoomBaby31
02-23-2006, 07:16 PM
I hope not..... not a good trade.

Raskolnikov
02-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Cro is here to stay.

Anthem
02-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I love having Kaufman around.

Seriously, gotta be a hoax. That trade would make no sense for the Bulls or the Pacers.

CableKC
02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Just to add some additional info to this.....

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39314/19691231/tim_thomas_wont_accept_less_than_full_amount_in_bu yout/

Tim Thomas Wont Accept Less Than Full Amount In Buyout

23rd February, 2006 - 9:12 am
North Jersey - Tim Thomas has expressed interest in joining New Jersey, San Antonio, Miami or Philadelphia should the Chicago Bulls not be able to trade his expiring contract today and a buyout is reached, but Thomas has made it clear to North Jersey that a buyout will not come cheap.

Negotiations for a buyout have not been discussed between the parties, with Thomas still owed roughly $6 million of the $13.95 million he is contracted to collect this season.

Thomas said Wednesday that he wouldn't accept less buyout money than the sum he is owed to officially part ways with the Bulls.

"I hope it's not one of those things where I have to sit out a whole year," said Thomas. "I don't think it's going to get that far because I think they'll do what's best for their organization and we'll both move forward."
Its good that TT did come out and say that he won't be cheap if the Bulls decide to buy him out. He's a perfectly capable player that was literally told to "stay home cuz we don't need you". I would find it unlikely that the Bulls simply waive him or do a buyout...as it seems that they would likely pay alot more then they would have to so that they can get rid of him. I would think that it would be better to get something in return for waiving him or buying out his contract ( is there a difference ? )

IF a TT for Croshere+Trade Exception works....then I wouldn't mind doing it. If not...then the only way it would work is if we include Pollard....which I am reluctant to do.....but would still do it.

Any trade of Croshere would be for the purpose of either signing Freddie or Peja. I don't like it....but something has to give in order to make any valid attempt at resigning either players.

Frank Slade
02-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah I had heard as well NJ was hoping to aquire Tim Thomas today..

Kaufman
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I love having Kaufman around.

Seriously, gotta be a hoax. That trade would make no sense for the Bulls or the Pacers.

Thank you for the love.

I will say this, and I've said it once before, there really hasn't been much activity to MY knowledge since the Maggette/Peja times. There was another Kings player who was looked at by the P's but we didn't end up getting him. I was surprised by that, but I suppose that Donnie probably didn't want to include another throw in from our side. So that said, I think the Pacers are pretty happy with what we've got.

Frank Slade
02-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Thank you for the love.

I will say this, and I've said it once before, there really hasn't been much activity to MY knowledge since the Maggette/Peja times. There was another Kings player who was looked at by the P's but we didn't end up getting him. I was surprised by that, but I suppose that Donnie probably didn't want to include another throw in from our side. So that said, I think the Pacers are pretty happy with what we've got.

Would this other Kings player have the initials BW ?

:spy:

Kaufman
02-23-2006, 08:40 PM
No it wasn't Brad WMiller.

Slick Pinkham
02-23-2006, 08:51 PM
One of the rumors was that the Pacers would have gotten Francisco Garcia or Kevin Martin in the original trade, before Ron or his agent put it on hold for awhile. A pot-sweetener for Sacto to go forward allowed them to keep Garcia or Martin, more likely Garcia.

owl
02-23-2006, 08:54 PM
The youngster from Louisville.

owl

Kegboy
02-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Okay, now I'm bummed. I would have loved to have gotten Garcia. We sure could use him if we let Fred go. :(

CableKC
02-23-2006, 11:02 PM
One of the rumors was that the Pacers would have gotten Francisco Garcia or Kevin Martin in the original trade, before Ron or his agent put it on hold for awhile. A pot-sweetener for Sacto to go forward allowed them to keep Garcia or Martin, more likely Garcia.
That's old news?