PDA

View Full Version : It's 3:07 p.m. Any trades?

RSmits
02-23-2006, 04:06 PM
I know that news of trades often trickles in after the deadline, but it's usually only one or two. I'm surprised how quiet the day has been so far.

Trader Joe
02-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah, the deadline appears to have been a flop. I'm surprised actually.

CableKC
02-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah...no kidding. Unless some were already submitted before the deadline and will be announced in the next couple of hours.

The principle players that have would likely be moved ( cuz they don't fit into their previous employers plans )....Watson, Francis, Rose ( way back when ) have already been traded.

Players like Ratliff, KMart, QRich and JCraw....all players that their current employers would like to move simply cuz they have huge contracts....didnt find takers.....at least not yet.

OnlyPacersLeft
02-23-2006, 04:21 PM
wow what bs...not even 1 significant trade...meh

Frank Slade
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM
You all realize that other trades may have already have gone down, but not leaked or announced yet ?

:therock: Not every transaction is immediately posted on RealGm and the likes.... stay tuned, you might be surprised...(or not)

Chauncey
02-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Trades will be announced through midnight tonight....teams had until 3:00 to submit the paperwork for league approval.

RSmits
02-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Marc Jackson was traded to the Hornets for Nachbar.

Ric Bucher said anything that comes in from here on in will be small deals.

FrenchConnection
02-23-2006, 04:26 PM
I cannot get into realgm.com to get the link, but NJ sent Marc Jackson and Linton Johnson to NOK for Bostjan Nachbar. Not that this is a big deal, but it is a trade...

Raskolnikov
02-23-2006, 04:27 PM
You all realize that other trades may have already have gone down, but not leaked or announced yet ?

:therock: Not every transaction is immediately posted on RealGm and the likes.... stay tuned, you might be surprised... :eyebrow: (or not)
There you go. ;)

Slick Pinkham
02-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Blazers acquire Voshon Lenard ... Marc Jackson and Linton Johnson to Charlotte for Boki Nachbar ... Derek Anderson may be traded to the Lakers...

these are some of the things just showing up at hoopshype

penn13
02-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Just heard...Flip Murray to Cleveland.

Aw Heck
02-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah, Flip Murray to Cleveland for Mike Wilks and a draft pick.

Also, Portland traded Vitaly Potapenko and Sergei Monia to the Kings for Brian Skinner.

indytoad
02-23-2006, 05:53 PM

That's a nice little trade for Cleveland - got a decent player for free.

IndyToad
Can have fun

Frank Slade
02-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Slade

Not every transaction is immediately posted on RealGm and the likes.... stay tuned, you might be surprised... :eyebrow: (or not)

There you go.

There you go. ;)

I've been set up I tell ya :spy:
eyebrows are so yesterday..

rexnom
02-23-2006, 06:25 PM

Also, Portland traded Vitaly Potapenko and Sergei Monia to the Kings for Brian Skinner.

Sigh, Cleveland gets a scorer and shooter to back LeBron up for nothing. I would bet money we're gonna be playing them in the playoffs and this does not make me happy at all. Remember when Flip filled in for Ray Allen a few years back and had a nice, long stretch of 20ppg? When given time...I'm just surprised Denver didn't jump on him. That tells me Denver is looking somewhere else for a SG bc I think Flip for Earl Watson would have made A LOT of sense. They're not done.

NaptownBound
02-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Marc Jackson and Linton Johnson to Charlotte for Boki Nachbar

not Charlotte.. you mean New Orleans/Oklahoma City

Slick Pinkham
02-23-2006, 06:48 PM
a bag of chips named Gerald Fitch goes from Miami to Houston for Derek Anderson.

Dang. Could we have gotten DA for Eddie Gill? Does DA now suck that bad?

BoomBaby31
02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
not Charlotte.. you mean New Orleans/Oklahoma City

LOL.. I do that ALL the time too; to me they will always be the Charlotte Hornets lol..

Roaming Gnome
02-23-2006, 07:25 PM
I guess this deadline went with a collective yawn...

BoomBaby31
02-23-2006, 07:30 PM
This sucks, I really thought something was going to go down. ESPN isn't even talking about the deadline, maybe it's so big they have to inform the players before the media (yeah right lol). Just some wishfull thinking

SwissExpress
02-23-2006, 07:39 PM

First the Blazers get a lot of young talented skinny highschoolers and Euro players. Then they fire their best youth coach. And now they start trading them away for players who aren't even in their final year of contract. I do not understand.

BoomBaby31
02-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Yea.... some action (just a little) http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhqbDWwa95DI08gx23x_CtQ5nYcB?slug=ap-four-teamtrade&prov=ap&type=lgns 9 player trade involving 4 teams. Seattle, Denver, Portland, and Kings

Maybe there is more to come.

CableKC
02-23-2006, 08:00 PM
So it looks like this...slightly modified from before:

Denver gets - Reggie Evans, Ruben Patterson and Charles Smith
Seattle gets - Earl Watson, Byron Russell and 2nd Rd pick
Portland gets - Brian Skinner and Voshon Lenard
Sacramento gets - Vitaly Popatenko and Sergio Monia

Oyy...talk about confusing.

rexnom
02-23-2006, 08:04 PM
a bag of chips named Gerald Fitch goes from Miami to Houston for Derek Anderson.

Dang. Could we have gotten DA for Eddie Gill? Does DA now suck that bad?

This is ridiculous! I haven't been this mad about a trade since the 'Sheed deal! Why do these things happen? It's one thing for players to take pay-cuts to sign with teams but what is Houston doing? Did Pat Riley promise something back? Derek Anderson may not be the difference maker Sheed is but still. He is a rotation player at the worst. Oh well. Let's just hope they sign Tim Thomas too so the ball is literally torn to pieces...