PDA

View Full Version : Three-team deal brings Watson to Sonics

Merz
02-23-2006, 12:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2341845

Frank Slade
02-23-2006, 12:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2341845

The Seattle SuperSonics have reached an agreement on a three-way trade that will bring guard Earl Watson back to the Sonics, who drafted him in 2001, ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports.

The deal, which is expected to be announced later Thursday, sends Seattle forward Reggie Evans and Portland swingman Ruben Patterson to the Nuggets.

Portland, in its ongoing quest for salary-cap relief, was eager to part with Patterson and acquire Denver guard Voshon Lenard (whose contract expires at season's end) and Seattle center Vitaly Potapenko (who has only one season left on his contract).

The Sonics also receive a future second-round pick from Denver in the deal, which has been sent to the league office for official approval.

Merz
02-23-2006, 12:02 PM
deal doesn't really make sense for the Nuggets. Still doesn't help their poor perimeter shooting. They better get something for KMart.

purdue101
02-23-2006, 12:02 PM
3 way with Seattle and Portland.

Denver gets Patterson and Reggie Evans. Portland gets expiring contracts in Petompeko and Leonard. Seattle gets Watson.

The NBA page on espn.com is reporting.

Merz
02-23-2006, 12:03 PM
beat ya' though you had the deal in your thread

purdue101
02-23-2006, 12:03 PM
damn, three posts back to back. can you delete this mods??? thanks.

Frank Slade
02-23-2006, 12:06 PM
beat ya' though you had the deal in your thread
:tongue: arghhh

Jermaniac
02-23-2006, 12:07 PM
This deal puts the Sonics ahead of the Spurs for the championship, cause we all know that Earl Watson is the greatest PG since Magic. Earl Watson The God, is going to win the championship for the Sonics. I'm suprised we didnt trade Jermaine for Earl cause Earl is such a beast.

I cant wait till the Earl Watson lovers reply to this thread, I really want to see what they think.

Slick Pinkham
02-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Nobody on here ever claimed Earl Watson was a quality starting PG. The argument was whether we should get him as a backup (Before AJ showed us something) since he can defend quick PGs much better than Tins and Saras.

The price for him was obviously not too high.

Fortunately AJ exceeded wildest expectations recently and we clearly no longer had a pressing need to pick up a defensive PG for mere peanuts. Obviously we could have offered up a salary dump contract like Pollard, and certainly before the last 3 weeks Scot looked like no more of an asset than an expiring contract.

I'm happy Scot and AJ are playing great and we didn't need to go that route.

Will Galen
02-23-2006, 12:21 PM
This makes the tenth trade since Artest was traded.

There will probably be one or two more today. I hear the Laker's and Knick's have acquired Garnett from the T-Wolves. He will play for one team one season then the other the next, alternating seasons. They are not going to announce it until after the deadline so other teams can't get together and outbid them.

• Sonics get Watson in 3-way deal
• Steve Francis goes to New York
• Detroit deals Darko to Magic
• Sonics send Radman to Clips
• Hornets acquire Rockets' Norris
• Rockets trade for Bogans
• Knicks land Rose for Davis
• Hornets get Williams from Raps
• Szczerbiak, Davis headline deal
• Pacers trade Artest for Peja

tadscout
02-23-2006, 12:52 PM
There will probably be one or two more today. I hear the Laker's and Knick's have acquired Garnett from the T-Wolves. He will play for one team one season then the other the next, alternating seasons. They are not going to announce it until after the deadline so other teams can't get together and outbid them.

:wtf::crazy:

Jose Slaughter
02-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Our friend Will has spent a little too much time on the beach, his brain is a little baked.

That was what we here at PD call... an attempt at humor

sweabs
02-23-2006, 01:33 PM
This deal makes little sense for Denver in my opinion. Although they seemed desperate to trade Earl away for something.

I think that a Kenyon deal could be in place, considering they just acquired two more big men.

Doug
02-23-2006, 02:40 PM
I think that a Kenyon deal could be in place, considering they just acquired two more big men.

Martin to the Knicks for Frye and Taylor?

CableKC
02-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Martin to the Knicks for Frye and Taylor?
I think KMart+filler to NY for QRich + filler.

Kiki and Zeke have 10 minutes to do it.