PDA

View Full Version : DONE DEAL: Francis to NY for Ariza and Penny

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2339941

Sources: Francis dealt to Knicks for Penny, Ariza
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN Insider

Steve Francis is headed to New York under a deal agreed to Wednesday by the Knicks and the Orlando Magic, ESPN.com has learned.

Francis

The teams agreed to a trade of Francis for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza, two league sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com.

The trade was expected to be announced later Wednesday afternoon after being called in to the league office.

In New York, Francis will be paired with Stephon Marbury as the highest-paid backcourt duo in the NBA.

Ariza

Hardaway

The Knicks were still talking with several other clubs as team president Isiah Thomas worked at remaking a roster that has stumbled to the league's second-worst record, 15-37.

For the Magic, the trade will provide salary cap relief to a franchise that can now go further beneath the cap than any of the league's 30 teams in the summer of 2007 when a bumper crop of free agents will be on the market, giving Orlando several options in figuring out how to rebuild around 20-year-old power forward Dwight Howard.

FrenchConnection
02-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Craw must be going somewhere else, because he will not be playing in NY anymore after all of this. Also, all that about KG to NY must be false because Penny's expiring contract was the key to making that work for Minnesota.

LET THE DEALS BEGIN

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:17 PM
I wonder if Joe D has the balls to bring in Carword for Cato. I know I wouldn't.

blanket
02-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Wow, is that the best the Magic could do? I get that they wanted the salary cap relief, but couldn't they have found some deal that would've given them SOME talent back? young prospects? draft picks? SOMETHING?

The one thing they have going for them (besides Howard) is that they'll attract some good free agents with their location and weather alone.

FrenchConnection
02-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I just had a troubling thought. Orlando is getting mucho cap space out of this, and we have a free agent in Peja that is one of the better ones that will be on the market. I have not taken a look at the Magic's salary situation, but I think that we have to add them to the list of teams (Chicago and Toronto) that could sign Peja without needing a s&t.

And no, Crawford would not be a fit in Detroit at all! He's a chucker.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Detroit could use a chucker off the bench. It's probably the one thing they're lacking.

Again, not for that price tag, though.

Outlaw
02-22-2006, 02:23 PM
I would not be surprised if Francis is headed to Denver for Kmart. As Francis does not seem to be a Larry Brown type of player.

DeAthrow
02-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Wow...another guy that likes to hog the ball. Maybe Stern will change the rules and let the Knicks play with 5 balls at once.

I'd like to analyze requirements for an NBA player in order to play for the Knicks...please feel free to add to the list...

Huge contract
Bad attitude
Must dribble the ball for at least 20 secs out of 24 on the shotclock...

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 02:24 PM
surprised that they didn't have to give up Crawford.

I wonder if Portland wants him in the long-awaited Ratliff move, though THEY apparently wanted the Penny cap-space.

rexnom
02-22-2006, 02:26 PM
I just had a troubling thought. Orlando is getting mucho cap space out of this, and we have a free agent in Peja that is one of the better ones that will be on the market. I have not taken a look at the Magic's salary situation, but I think that we have to add them to the list of teams (Chicago and Toronto) that could sign Peja without needing a s&t.

And no, Crawford would not be a fit in Detroit at all! He's a chucker.

Sure, they'll have cap space but that means nothing. Why would Peja play for them instead of us. To me it seems most likely he'll re-sign. I would put going to Chicago number 2, and requesting a sign and trade number 3.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
surprised that they didn't have to give up Crawford.

I wonder if Portland wants him in the long-awaited Ratliff move, though THEY apparently wanted the Penny cap-space.

HAVE to?

Have you seen Crawford's contract?

They can't GIVE Crawford away. At least Penny's an expiring contract.

bulldog
02-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Wow, is that the best the Magic could do? I get that they wanted the salary cap relief, but couldn't they have found some deal that would've given them SOME talent back? young prospects? draft picks? SOMETHING?

The one thing they have going for them (besides Howard) is that they'll attract some good free agents with their location and weather alone.
I disagree. Great deal for the Magic. Ariza is a great a young prospect. He was hot for a while before Larry Brown hit his 3-week maximum of liking a player, then benched the guy.
Now, they're farther under the cap than anyone in 2007 which is supposedly a killer free agent class.
I don't think we have to worry about Peja going there, b/c he's probably going to opt out this year since its such a weak class and he can get overpaid.

P.S. I'm not going to rag on Isiah, cause it's too easy. But as stupid as a Marbury-Francis backcourt is, there's a 0.00007% chance that it just might work. From a match-up standpoint, which backcourt in the NBA has the size, speed, and athleticism to D them up? If I'm an opposing gaurd, I at least won't look forward to my games against the Knicks. Which is a step in teh right direction, I guess.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, this is an outstanding deal for Orlando. Ariza's a nice young player and they just dumped $16 million in cap space next year.

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. They dumped a cancer with $50 million left on his deal, and took back no salary (past this season) in return. That's a genuine theft.

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 02:31 PM
So now Orlando has given up McGrady & Howard for... what...Darko, Ariza, Doug Christie (gone), and cap room?

they better hope that free agents want to come to Disney World.

Rebuild around Howard I get, but when you look at what they got in talent, I'm glad not to be a fan of theirs.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Francis for TMac was an awful trade.

However, Francis for Penny was just as good on the flipside.

If I'm a magic fan, I'm doing cartwheels right now. My team now has twice as much flexibility.

And let's be realistic, nobody was going to give up a draft pick for Steve Fancis.

NaptownBound
02-22-2006, 02:34 PM
there's only one way i can express my satisfaction for the demise of the knicks...

Jean Claude Van Damme DANCING!!!

http://tinypic.com/o6jrm1_th.gif (http://tinypic.com/o6jrm1_th.gif)

BigDawg44
02-22-2006, 02:39 PM
plus it brings Penny back to orlando.....finish his career where he started (or at least had his best years)

FreshPrince22
02-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I still think Orlando could have gotten something more out of Francis. I mean, Ariza? They should have at least gotten Lee or something. And what about the stuff Denver and Minny were offering?

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
No way will Penny play for Orlando. He's public enemy #1 downt here.

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 02:41 PM
If I'm a magic fan, I'm doing cartwheels right now. My team now has twice as much flexibility.

I doubt that any fan has even done cartwheels over financial flexibility, more space under the cap, and dumping of salary. Generally fans like to win in a reasonable timeframe, measured in months or a year or two not 3,4, or five years relying on unknown and unknowable free agents that may or may not be available.

Fandom is more of a gut reaction to product on the floor than a dispassionate assessment of the company balance sheet.

It may be a good business move. But it assures no improvment now and probably not next year, with the weak free agent class.

NaptownBound
02-22-2006, 02:41 PM
You guys are looking at this the wrong way. They dumped a cancer with $50 million left on his deal, and took back no salary (past this season) in return. That's a genuine theft.

agreed.
and like Charles Barkley said, Francis is the same player he was when he came into the league. he hasn't gotten better and he's not a great teammate to anyone not named Cattino Mobley. if you can get rid of someone like that, you do it.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:42 PM
They wouldn't have been any better had they kept francis, though. They may have even been worse.

If they could have cut him and his salary, they probably would have.

THis is a guy that got suspended because he was negatively affecting his own team....

sweabs
02-22-2006, 02:46 PM
:lmao:

Poor Knicks, have to hold onto Crawford (yet, another guy who needs 30 shots/night on that roster), AND they get rid of a real nice expiring contract in Penny.

Oh...man that's funny. My apologies to DisplacedKnick and newman8r.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Come on, Rim. You can't hide from this thread forever....

Shade
02-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Holy crap, the Magic traded Francis for cap space??? :laugh:

btowncolt
02-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Holy crap, the Magic traded Francis for cap space??? :laugh:

Most lopsided trade ever. For the Magic.

tadscout
02-22-2006, 03:05 PM
I doubt that any fan has even done cartwheels over financial flexibility, more space under the cap, and dumping of salary. Generally fans like to win in a reasonable timeframe, measured in months or a year or two not 3,4, or five years relying on unknown and unknowable free agents that may or may not be available.

Fandom is more of a gut reaction to product on the floor than a dispassionate assessment of the company balance sheet.

It may be a good business move. But it assures no improvment now and probably not next year, with the weak free agent class.

That's b/c so many fans are clueless when it comes to building a franchise/ making transactions, they are so narrow minded and only think about now... and they don't see a team as a puzzle, the different pieces have to fit together... so don't look at a trade completely for what was traded for each other but how it also tries to help complete the puzzle...

Thankfully the clueless fans aren't the GM's...

Fool
02-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Thankfully the clueless fans aren't the GM's...

Have you seen the rosters of half the teams in the league?

But yes, the Magic are in a much better position then they were at the begining of the season, regardless of how their record this year turns out.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Of course, if they DONT get a big-name free agent or draft pick.....

Well, we get their draft pick in 2007 unless they get a top-5 pick..... :D

Kstat
02-22-2006, 03:15 PM
On a side note, the Knicks are now a 93 overall in NBA live 2006.....

THat makes them the 2nd highest rated team in the game, 1 point behind the pistons... :laugh:

bulldog
02-22-2006, 03:16 PM

Again, I have to disagree.

If there's one positive that Isiah Thomas has contributed to the NBA, its that fans now appreciate patient, careful rebuilding and not mortgaging your teams future for overpaid shotchuckers. And I think most fans generally like getting rid of $40 million cancers, especially if they're not getting W's.

Right now, that team has Howard (legit talent), Darko (maybe talent/comic relief - did you hear he fell asleep on the beach and got badly sunburned the first day he was there?) and Arroyo (great for the Hispanic population). I think they're all set, and pretty good for their fanbase.

rexnom
02-22-2006, 03:18 PM

Poor Knicks, have to hold onto Crawford (yet, another guy who needs 30 shots/night on that roster), AND they get rid of a real nice expiring contract in Penny.

Oh...man that's funny. My apologies to DisplacedKnick and newman8r.

I have been wishing for this ever since these rumors came out. What an awesome NBA Live team. I'm gonna play as the Knicks now and throw out a lineup of Robinson, Marbury, Francis, Richardson, and Rose. Wow. I love this game!

tadscout
02-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Have you seen the rosters of half the teams in the league?

Now I never said that all the NBA GM's do their jobs well... ;)

Shade
02-22-2006, 03:20 PM
The best part of this is, the rumored KG deal is officially dead.

Arcadian
02-22-2006, 03:23 PM
I don't really like the deal for either team but I can't imagine the trade making either team worse either. Well maybe NY. That roster is a mess. At least they have the most entertaining backcourt in the NBA--just not for the right reasons. Soon as NY in bounds there will be two questions on everyone's mind--Who will Curry inbound the ball too? and will he cross the halfcourt line before the ball is shot?

Kstat
02-22-2006, 03:37 PM
So who gets to wear #3, Francis or Marbury?

efx
02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
I can't imagine francis having much say in that.

317Kim
02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
For some reason, I find this quite humorous.

I think Marbury will keep number 3.

purdue101
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
isiah is an idiot......i can't believe this man still has a job.

when are they ever going to learn that they need to rebuild instead of taking on every bad contract in the nba.

Ralph Snart
02-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow, you would think they would learn. What does New York gain from getting Francis other than another headcase on their roster?

It's like Thomas has adopted a scorched Earth policy. He sees his end on the horizon, so he's screwing the Knicks as bad as he can before he's shown the door.

Since86
02-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Whenever I think about the NYK, I always think of a great line from Dumb and Dumber.

"Just when I thought you can't get any dumber, you go and do something like this, and totally (edit out "redeem yourself" and replace with a synonym for dumber)."

Doug
02-22-2006, 04:23 PM
It's like Thomas has adopted a scorched Earth policy. He sees his end on the horizon, so he's screwing the Knicks as bad as he can before he's shown the door.

It's part of the Donnie Walsh plot to destroy the Knicks once and for all. While it appeared that we fired Thomas, in reality he went undercover. Once his mission is complete and the Knicks have *every* overpaid, underachieving, long-term contract in the NBA, Isiah will return a victory parade around monument circle. Then leave for Bloomington to take the IU job...

sweabs
02-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Breaking News - Steve Francis will wear #8 people! This just in!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39284/20060222/new_team_new_number_for_franchise/

CableKC
02-22-2006, 04:32 PM
The best part of this is, the rumored KG deal is officially dead.
I don't know if the TWolves would be interested....but a Marbury+Frye for KG works in the Trade Checker.

It would only make sense that they move one of the guards as the Knicks are now chalked full of PG/SG.

I wouldn't be surprised if QRich, JCraw, Marbury or Nate Robinson is traded in the next day.

btowncolt
02-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Breaking News - Steve Francis will wear #8 people! This just in!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39284/20060222/new_team_new_number_for_franchise/

OMG OMG OMG OGMGOMGOMGOMGOGMMM GOMG OMG!

DisplacedKnick
02-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Come on, Rim. You can't hide from this thread forever....

Been working unfortunately.

Well, this should be amusing anyway. Gotta do the "what if" game with it - like, "What if Larry Brown is the guy who finally gets through to Franchise and gets him playing the right way?"

I figure I can delude myself with that for at least a couple of weeks - until March 7 anyway.

efx
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
OMG OMG OMG OGMGOMGOMGOMGOGMMM GOMG OMG!

But...but...*sniff* That's Sprewells old number... Is that any way to treat a player of his stature?

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 04:52 PM
NY Knicks = http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/Southwest/02/21/train.collision.ap/story.train.crash.ap.jpg

sweabs
02-22-2006, 04:56 PM
But...but...*sniff* That's Sprewells old number... Is that any way to treat a player of his stature?

Who cares? This is front page news!!! It has it's own headliner on RealGM! This is BIG.

Like, for a moment I was wondering if him and Marbury would fight it out for the #3, and then maybe they would come to terms. And then I thought maybe Richardson would let him have #23! And then I was wondering if Kobe actually hugged Shaq and they are good friends.

ghost
02-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Wow, Thomas is :crazy:

317Kim
02-22-2006, 05:17 PM
NY Knicks = http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/Southwest/02/21/train.collision.ap/story.train.crash.ap.jpg

And we'll get to see that March 7th

Tim
02-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Is it just me or does it seem Isiah has no long term plan for the Knicks?

He is doing what the GMs before him did, collect big names and create excitment for the day.

DisplacedKnick
02-22-2006, 05:37 PM
HAVE to?

Have you seen Crawford's contract?

They can't GIVE Crawford away. At least Penny's an expiring contract.

Catching up with this thread.

Early rumors had it as Mo Taylor and Crawford for Francis. That would have been a good trade - what actually happened is screwy.

skyfire
02-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I get it, Isiah must plan on the Knicks tanking for the next few years and then getting the NBA to fix it so they end up with #1 draft picks...what he's already traded all his draft picks and almost every member of his team now verges on untradable?...

Maybe he is trying to improve the standard of NBA play by moving all the terrible, shoot first and second, no defense players into New York so other teams dont have to deal with them.

kerosene
02-22-2006, 05:48 PM
i'm wondering if Isiah's plan is to start 5 guards who love to shoot and force teams to match up with his run & gun small ball lineup. Brown must've cried when he was told.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 05:53 PM
I just finished polishing off the Spurs by 24 points with the Knicks...

Marbury and Francis combined for 47 points, 20 assists and 10 rebounds. It was great.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Just got done watching Francis's press conference.

I wish I could post his face in this thread. It's priceless.

He has the ULTIMATE "What the **** am I doing here?" Face. :laugh:

Very rarely does a player look THAT unhappy in his "welcoming" press conference.

Almost every answer Francis gave went like this:

"I'm just a ball player, just go out there and play."

It was almost "Both teams play hard"-esque.

Then Isiah asked him to pose for the press with his #8 jersey. He gave the "to I have to?" look, but did it.

skyfire
02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Isiah should have traded for Bender before he retired.
He could have had an all NBA Live starting 5.

Moses
02-22-2006, 06:26 PM

Very rarely does a player look THAT unhappy in his "welcoming" press conference.

Then Isiah asked him to pose for the press with his #8 jersey. He gave the "to I have to?" look, but did it.
Hah, I watched a little bit of it and he had some priceless faces. He went from a bad team that was on the verge of rebuilding but at least he lived down in Florida to an even worse team with no future hope for the forseeable future up in New York. I can't wait to see Starbury and Francis in the same back-court together.

indytoad
02-22-2006, 06:26 PM

I wouldn't really want to move away from Orlando this time of year either.

IndyToad
Bueno!

Kstat
02-22-2006, 06:28 PM
One of the very few real comments Francis gave was this:

"The only reason people call me a 1 (PG) is because I dominate the ball all the time."

Hoop
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
So now basically the Magic got Ariza, Arroyo, Darko, Hardaway for McGrady. :puke:

317Kim
02-22-2006, 06:32 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2006/02/ipt/1140625859.jpg

Knicks take on more baggage – unhappy Francis

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AooLGpxVMbJ02znxhMrwnVq8vLYF?slug=knicks magictrade&prov=st&type=lgns

skyfire
02-22-2006, 06:40 PM
The 6-3 Francis has recorded 20-plus points 14 times and 30-plus twice, including a season-high 36 on January 27 at New York.

Now I get it, Isiah only watches Knick games so he thinks Franchise is a good player. tehehehe

Jermaniac
02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
The Knicks will be over the cap FOREVER

Kstat
02-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Knicks TV is already comparing Marbury-Francis to Monroe-Frazier...

Kegboy
02-22-2006, 08:44 PM

Oh, now that's just sad. Whomever said that should be taken out back and put out of his misery permanently.

KINGS FAN
02-22-2006, 09:22 PM
thomas needs to be fired:laugh:. that is the dumbest trade i have ever seen! since the lakers traded shaq. i have a feeling marbury will be traded before the deadline though.

sweabs
02-22-2006, 09:54 PM
OMG - This just in. Francis will be wearing #1 now!!! LOLZ.

DisplacedKnick
02-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Now all you Knicks fans who laughed at us Redskins fans know what it feels like.

The good news is it can only get better.

The bad news is, it can only get better.

No - it can get worse. Don't ask me how but I have faith in our GM and owner.

They've earned that much.

DisplacedKnick
02-22-2006, 11:18 PM

There's something profoundly sacrilegious about that.

Next Eddy Curry will be Willis Reed and Mo Taylor will be Dave Debuscherre - or a thinking man's Bill Bradley.

Kstat
02-22-2006, 11:21 PM
"well, nobody thought Frazier and Monroe could work together either..."

:laugh:

Diesel_81
02-23-2006, 01:37 AM
I don't think this trade is as bad as people here think it is. The Knicks didn't give up anything of value and there not going to be any worse off record wise with this trade. Best case scenario for the knicks is Francis plays to his potential his trade value goes up then deal him for somebody who is a better fit for Brown and this team.

Kstat
02-23-2006, 01:39 AM
he Knicks didn't give up anything of value and there not going to be any worse off record wise with this trade.

Wanna bet?

The Knicks are still winning games at a .283 clip. They CAN do worse than that...

Kstat
02-23-2006, 03:10 AM
If a picture could say a thousand words....

Larry's face is awesome.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2006/0222/photo/a_francis_412.jpg

Will Galen
02-23-2006, 07:52 AM
You know everyone is poo pooing this trade, but Isiah is gathering talent in NY. Larry Brown is a hall of fame coach. And NY did start the year winning 6 in a row. If the ingredients suddenly mix . . .

Steve Francis/Nate Robinson
Stephon Marbury/Jamal Crawford/Quentin Richardson
Jalen Rose/David Lee/Qyntel Woods
Channing Frye/Maurice Taylor/Malik Rose
Eddy Curry/Jerome James/Jackie Butler

Skaut_Ech
02-23-2006, 08:20 AM
You know everyone is poo pooing this trade, but Isiah is gathering talent in NY. Larry Brown is a hall of fame coach. And NY did start the year winning 6 in a row. If the ingredients suddenly mix . . .

Steve Francis/Nate Robinson
Stephon Marbury/Jamal Crawford/Quentin Richardson
Jalen Rose/David Lee/Qyntel Woods
Channing Frye/Maurice Taylor/Malik Rose
Eddy Curry/Jerome James/Jackie Butler

Not that I put much stock in it, but there was an article on RealGM (http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix0223,0,1027030.story?coll=ny-knicks-print), that puts forth a pretty decent theory.

Here's the part that struck me.

"One NBA general manager said Thomas sold Knicks owner James Dolan on a strategy to stockpile as many marketable assets as possible to make a play for Garnett, who has grown increasingly restless with the Timberwolves, who now might be ready to consider trading him.

Brown is said to have favored trading Hardaway's contract to Portland for center Theo Ratliff and small forward Darius Miles to fill the Knicks' need for more defense, rebounding and shot-blocking. But Thomas gambled on Francis, a strategy that could blow up in his face if Minnesota refuses to trade Garnett.

"Isiah has put a lot of talented players on their roster, but it remains to be seen if they fit together," the NBA GM said. "Chemistry is important. The Knicks have a lot of firepower, but Larry likes to play defense. Francis doesn't seem like his type. Larry wants hard-nosed players.""

Thnig is, as much of a goof as Isiah is, that seems like a viable plan, if it's true. Theoretically, if you want to throw as many low cost guys at Minnesota as possible, fiscally, I think a trade of Garnett for Marbury/Lee/Butler/Woods would work.

I think it's feasible. Marbury becomes the face of the franchise, while Minn would get young, exciting players in Lee and Butler (A guy who could be a very solid, active backup C, inho) and still partially unexplored potential in Woods. Given those kind of pieces, McCale would have a nice mix of talent to use as chips come draft day.

Knicks could have a roster of Francis/Crawford/Rose/Garnett/Curry & Fry.

Too bad we're talking about two of the dumber GMs in the league pulling off such a trade.

SwissExpress
02-23-2006, 08:35 AM
It's not that bad.

Firstly, it'll be funny.

Secondly, it at the very least will give the Knicks a chance. Very possibly it won't work. However, it's not like they have much to lose right now in the winning sense anyway. Though they have that nearly 0.300, it's mostly boosted up by their winning streak in the beginning of 2006. They are frustrated, and changing two frustrated players with one more talented frustrated player can't be a bad deal. Very possibly it won't work, but it almost certainly wouldn't work without it.

Thirdly, is this deal really that terrible in the long term? They do add some long-term cap expenses, but if Knicks are not happy, trading Francis away for expiring contracts next year shouldn't be difficult. No matter how bad fit Francis might be for the Knicks, getting him for expiring contract and Ariza (i.e. 2nd round pick who might develop into a bordeline 1st round pick-level talent at most) is very cheap. It's not like Knicks would have gotten below salary cap by letting Hardaway's contract expire...

Fool
02-23-2006, 09:09 AM
I think you over estimate how easy it will be to move the Franchise Killer next year, its not like Orlando had teams waiting in line and there are plenty of teams who could use a combo guard this season.

naptownmenace
02-23-2006, 09:26 AM
So now basically the Magic got Ariza, Arroyo, Darko, Hardaway for McGrady. :puke:

Don't forget Doug Christie! :yes:

FrenchConnection
02-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Is this the lameist trade deadline ever or what?

MagicRat
02-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Looks like Francis is dusting off some of his draft day faces.....

Anthem
02-23-2006, 11:03 AM
No... they got Ariza, Arroyo, Darko, :dougchris, and Penny for McGrady and J.Howard.

grace
02-23-2006, 11:33 AM
If a picture could say a thousand words....

Larry's face is awesome.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2006/0222/photo/a_francis_412.jpg

He always looks like that. The only time I ever remember him smiling is when the Pistons won the title. I'm not all together sure he even smiled then.

Actually the look on his face is because he's thinking "I should have listened to grace and just out and out retired."