PDA

View Full Version : anybody have experience with Napster to Go?

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm a music file downloading neophyte. A virgin. I have never downloaded anything.

:blush:

Lately I subscribed to DSL service :dance2: and a promotion allowed me to get a free MP3 player and a 3 month free subscription to Napster to Go.

The MP3 player arrived last week and I gave it to my wife. Last night I downloaded the napster software, set up the account, and tried to download songs.

I search for a half dozen artists, and every song on every album that I tried to download, I got a message saying that I had to buy this track for $ 0.99

I thought the whole purpose behind this service was to pay a monthly subscription fee and then get the song for no additional charge.

What gives?

Am I doing something wrong? Should I use another file sharing service to fill my wife's MP3 player with her favorite songs?

:confused:

MarionDeputy
02-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Im a Napster to Go user. I found that majority of the songs are free to transfer, but their are a few artists with exclusive deals with other vendors that prevent them from being free on Napster. Also make sure you have the true "TO GO" account, they have a thinner version where you do have to pay for all the songs. the To Go service costs 15 bucks a month. I have over 1000 songs on my MP3 and have maybe actually paid for 10 songs out of that 1000. Hope this helps...