PDA

View Full Version : Jackson trade rumor...

RWB
02-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Add Jackson to the trade rumors. Courtesy of www.benmaller.com

Also see.... http://www.elevationmag.com/basketball/index.php?itemid=29&catid=1

1. Stephen Jackson to Denver?

According to some inside sources, there is outside chance that the Nuggets might unload Kenyon Martin to Indiana Pacers. The rumor has Stephen Jackson and Jeff Foster going to the Nuggets for Kenyon Martin and Bryon Russell and possibly a second round pick. -- Elevationmag.com

btowncolt
02-22-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't think even drinking could make that trade attractive.

Hicks
02-22-2006, 10:05 AM
What would we even do with Kenyon?

NaptownBound
02-22-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm about to throw up.
Less is more has been the mantra for the past few weeks...
but that's not less... that's nothing!!!

now that i've said that.. let's look at it rationally.

this trade does not make the team better.
this trade only adds more money to our cap situation
this trade adds another injury-prone player.
also, despite his faults, this trade gets rid of our most durable player.
it just doesn't make sense at any level.

naptownmenace
02-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Yuck! :puke:

I'd rather keep Jack and Foster while continuing to give plenty of minutes to Granger. KMart is not much better than Granger (Danny has a much better jumpshot) and is way overpaid.

Skaut_Ech
02-22-2006, 10:14 AM

What are, you, Hicks...crazy??

We could watch him scowl as he tries to be a tough guy..:love:

We can swoon as he tries to flex and strut as he runs dwon the floor during a meaningless confrontation with another team's player. :drool:

We can gaze in admiration as he has yet another emotional outburst in public. :thumbup:

How could you not want him here??!!

Hicks
02-22-2006, 10:15 AM
I would just be afraid of that click thing he does when he speaks. I knew a kid in elementary school that did something like that.

RWB
02-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Bad knees, Bad attitude, and Big contract. Sounds like three bees we do not want a part of.

As others have wondered, are the Pacers still trying to expunge the memory of the brawl by getting rid of the participants (JAX)?

Old as Dirt
02-22-2006, 10:23 AM
I for one will be glad when Thur has come and gone, these trade rumors with nothing to back them up just someone with out anything better to do, than start them

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Martin's knee is already Bendered.

We have no experience with un-Bendering knees.

This would be another high salaried player who is likely at some point in the next couple of years to be permanently unable to play.

This HAS to be completely bogus.

jcouts
02-22-2006, 10:45 AM
K Mart is a run and gun PF...he thrived with Jason Kidd in that style of offense and has sucked in Denver since departing... probably why it was mentioned

rexnom
02-22-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm about to throw up.
Less is more has been the mantra for the past few weeks...
but that's not less... that's nothing!!!

now that i've said that.. let's look at it rationally.

this trade does not make the team better.
this trade only adds more money to our cap situation
this trade adds another injury-prone player.
also, despite his faults, this trade gets rid of our most durable player.
it just doesn't make sense at any level.

Um yeah! This trade is against everything Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird stand for. I'm pretty sure this is a Denver wish and not anything else.

Chest Rockwell
02-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Andre Miller and Eduardo Najera would look nice in Pacers' uniforms.

Miller/Najera for Cro/Jax works on ESPN's trade machine. Of course it doesn't solve their K-mart problem but who cares?

Denver is going to have to deal cancer for cancer and take on Francis or Marbury...

D-BONE
02-22-2006, 11:20 AM
If this trade ever happened, I think I'd have to invoke the famous words of the older gentleman in my Avatar towards TPTB. This rumor=hogwash!

Gyron
02-22-2006, 11:20 AM
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.....

Just say no to K-Mart.

Jermaniac
02-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Horrible trade all Kenyon Martin does is dunk. Horrible contract and he is always hurt.

FrenchConnection
02-22-2006, 11:39 AM
If this trade ever happened, I think I'd have to invoke the famous words of the older gentleman in my Avatar towards TPTB. This rumor=hogwash!

I can think of many options. Do you mean "I'm commin' Elilzabeth, this is the big one!!" What we should do is "get out our bud nippers and nip it in the bud."

Shade
02-22-2006, 12:06 PM
:thumbsdow

dagrubbs
02-22-2006, 12:25 PM
I personally like the trade...Kenyon and JO on the frontline with Peja to go with tins and freddie in the backcourt. then you still have pollard, harrison, aj, granger, and saras off the bench. Kenyon is better than Foster, and all of you have been on Jackson's back for months now that he strings 5 or 6 good games together you are back on his bandwagon. I don't get you people sometimes. I would do it. What do fans have to worry bout the cap for thats not our problem that's the front office and if they want to pay more then let em.

denyfizle
02-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Im not a big Jacko fan but I dont like Kenyon and his contract as well as getting rid of Feisty!!!

purdue101
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
I personally like the trade...Kenyon and JO on the frontline with Peja to go with tins and freddie in the backcourt. then you still have pollard, harrison, aj, granger, and saras off the bench. Kenyon is better than Foster, and all of you have been on Jackson's back for months now that he strings 5 or 6 good games together you are back on his bandwagon. I don't get you people sometimes. I would do it. What do fans have to worry bout the cap for thats not our problem that's the front office and if they want to pay more then let em.

Kenyon has 6 years left on a max deal......we would be in salary cap hell until 2010. he has a bum knee too. plus, we already have an all-star PF in JO, a great backup in Cro, and a star in the making in Granger.

no thanks.

CableKC
02-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Looking at the trade on the surface.....the trade doesn't make much sense as it flies against the "clear salarycap" mantra that has been ringing through the halls of Conseco since the offseason. Also....unless the Pacers turn into the Knicks and don't care about the luxury tax.....any such trade would limit the Pacers ability to resign Peja.

However...if I were to ignore KMart's injury problems, his huge salary and how he would fit into a lineup with JONeal...........simply looking at KMart and his skills.....he's a very solid and tough defending, rebounding, shotblocking PF. When he was with the Nets.....he was an enforcer...and a very tough player that can lockdown most PFs.

But as most of us have noted.....he does have serious knee issues, injury concerns and a huge contract....which is very difficult to ignore.....and all of which make ZERO sense for the Pacers in acquiring.

NaptownBound
02-22-2006, 12:55 PM

First of all, how is trading for Kenyon Martin good for continuity for a team that has lacked any semblance of it for almost two years? It seems as if they're finally turning the corner as far as continuity and chemistry is concerned... why kill what the team has worked so long and hard to achieve?

Secondly, he and JO play the exact same position. There's only one team that likes max players coming off of the bench and that's New York. It makes absolutely no sense unless you move JO to the center position and we already know how he feels about that.

Next, for our current team, Foster is a better fit. He doesn't demand the ball. He's fine starting or coming off the bench. He has little to no ego. The same can't be said about K-Mart.

Lastly, we're worried about the cap because the organization is worried about the cap. That's what fans do, follow the lead of the organization. Also, acquiring more salary could fall back on the fans as far as an increase in ticket prices and merchandise. The Simons wouldn't take a salary cap dollar-for-dollar tax and more salary on without increasing revenues. That would just be bad business.

btowncolt
02-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Kenyon Martin is one and a half years into a 7 year, 92 million dollar contract, and he already can't play because his knees are so bad. Someone tell me why this is a good idea.

FireTheCoach
02-22-2006, 01:04 PM
... The rumor has Stephen Jackson and Jeff Foster going to the Nuggets for Kenyon Martin and Bryon Russell and possibly a second round pick. -- Elevationmag.com

I don't like Jackson, although I will admit he's playing well.... but this trade scenario sucks. I almost laughed out loud when I read it.

Not gonna happen anyway so whatever...

SoupIsGood
02-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Puke

D-BONE
02-22-2006, 01:11 PM
I can think of many options. Do you mean "I'm commin' Elilzabeth, this is the big one!!" What we should do is "get out our bud nippers and nip it in the bud."

Those are great!:laugh: I think the Elizabeth one might best describe how I'd react to hearing this actually happened. The budnippers are for now to shut down the rumor. And, if it happened, I'd probably feel like uttering to our execs: "You big dummies. How bout five cross yo lip?":1oscar: But of course I would never do something so uncooth as Fred G. Sanford.:)

Arcadian
02-22-2006, 01:22 PM
There is no way Walsh would take that contract. It might be the worst one in the league.

Fireball Kid
02-22-2006, 02:06 PM
:thumbdown

Shamboubou
02-22-2006, 03:10 PM
I would do almost anything to get Jackson off this team, but I dont think I would go as far as to send Foster with him. Jeff hustles more than any player we have. Maybe we could just give the Nuggets Jackson or umm...nothing

ChicagoJ
02-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I would do almost anything to get Jackson off this team, but I dont think I would go as far as to send Foster with him. Jeff hustles more than any player we have. Maybe we could just give the Nuggets Jackson or umm...nothing

I might still do it, just to get rid of Jackson.

BoomBaby31
02-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Please... Byrd and Walsh... No Kenyon.. PLLEEAASSEEE. I don't think it will happen but, it will be a vomit fest in Indiana if it happens. I think we would be one of the only teams not to be happy with him but, its just not our style.

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Kenyon Martin is one and a half years into a 7 year, 92 million dollar contract, and he already can't play because his knees are so bad. Someone tell me why this is a good idea.

Isiah left behind some notes that Donnie found in his office?

Donnie is reading Isiah's book "How to wreck franchises for dummies"

Kiki Vandewehge has compromising photos of Larry Bird is his "maid outfit" serving "coffee, tea, or me" to Donnie?

kerosene
02-22-2006, 05:45 PM

We wouldn't have to watch him embarrass JO w/ his defense anymore. hee.
Ah, wouldn't want Martin now given his contract and questions about his long term health.

BlueNGold
02-22-2006, 09:59 PM
I bet that is a trade Denver has offered. To me, that means we are shopping Jax around.

I would rather we use Jax and one or more players to upgrade at SG. Maybe throw Jax, Foster and Tins to pick up Paul Pierce. That takes 3 quality players, but we get an all-star in return, get rid of 2 injury prone players and get a tighter rotation. Depth is not nearly as important if you have healthy players. Imagine Pierce, JO, Peja and Granger on the court at the same time. 4 legit all-stars IMO.

BoomBaby31
02-22-2006, 10:45 PM
I bet that is a trade Denver has offered. To me, that means we are shopping Jax around.

I would rather we use Jax and one or more players to upgrade at SG. Maybe throw Jax, Foster and Tins to pick up Paul Pierce. That takes 3 quality players, but we get an all-star in return, get rid of 2 injury prone players and get a tighter rotation. Depth is not nearly as important if you have healthy players. Imagine Pierce, JO, Peja and Granger on the court at the same time. 4 legit all-stars IMO.

Did you just write to pick up Paul Pierce? Thats okay, I think the whole organization would pass on that. Paul Pierce?; that is just as bad as Kenyan, over paid ball hog, unsatisfied player. Jax doesn't bug me terribly but wouldn't cry to see him go. I think we should still push for bosh, Petrius, or someone like that. Leave the KG, Martin, Pierce's out of Indiana. Byrd and Walsh don't like those type of players, I doubt any of those trades fall through. Jax, Foster, and Tins would be a rip off anyway for Pierce. Foster husles and grabs more OREB then anyone else on the team and 2nd in the league. Foster needs to stay, Tins.. and JO should be are main focus of trades. Jax is a decent player, and comes to work. Tins and JO are to injury prone. I don't want Jax out of Indy as bad as most of you one this forum do, but would like to see Tins and JO go for someone good in their replacement.

pizza guy
02-22-2006, 10:46 PM
The title of this thread got me all excited...

Then I read "Kenyon Martin," and felt very sad...

I'd love to see SJax go, but, not with Fiesty, and not for KMart.

pizza guy
02-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Did you just write to pick up Paul Pierce? Thats okay, I think the whole organization would pass on that. Paul Pierce?; that is just as bad as Kenyan, over paid ball hog, unsatisfied player. Jax doesn't bug me terribly but wouldn't cry to see him go. I think we should still push for bosh, Petrius, or someone like that. Leave the KG, Martin, Pierce's out of Indiana. Byrd and Walsh don't like those type of players, I doubt any of those trades fall through. Jax, Foster, and Tins would be a rip off anyway for Pierce. Foster husles and grabs more OREB then anyone else on the team and 2nd in the league. Foster needs to stay, Tins.. and JO should be are main focus of trades. Jax is a decent player, and comes to work. Tins and JO are to injury prone. I don't want Jax out of Indy as bad as most of you one this forum do, but would like to see Tins and JO go for someone good in their replacement.

I agree on not sending Jeff anywhere, but come one, to put JO on the block before SJax? I'd gladly send Tins and SJax away with Cro for Pierce. IMO, SG is where we need the most help, and Pierce is a top-notch SG. AJ/Sarunas, Pierce/Freddie, Peja/Danger, JO/Foster, and Pollard/Hulk is a good team. The main reason (in my un-Celtics-educated opinion) Pierce is such a large part of the Celtics' offense is because he's roughly the only player good enough to be part of the offense. I criticize Kobe for being a ballhog, so it seems weird that I excuse Pierce; maybe I just don't like Kobe...:devil: In a nutshell, I'd love to have Pierce on the Pacers.

D-BONE
02-23-2006, 06:31 AM
SAY NO TO PIERCE, KMART! SAY YES TO PIETRUS!;)

indygeezer
02-23-2006, 06:49 AM
This is gonna sound worse than I mean it to be but,

My fear is that this recent homestand/win streak will give a false sense of security. A foolsgold feeling of well-being and no need to make another deal. I wanna see a push for W's now and I think once we hit the road again the wheels will wobble and we'll be left wondering why we didn't make a move when we had a chance.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I fear we've been lulled to sleep by the sirens and we are about to crash upon the rocks.

rexnom
02-23-2006, 06:58 AM
This is gonna sound worse than I mean it to be but,

My fear is that this recent homestand/win streak will give a false sense of security. A foolsgold feeling of well-being and no need to make another deal. I wanna see a push for W's now and I think once we hit the road again the wheels will wobble and we'll be left wondering why we didn't make a move when we had a chance.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I fear we've been lulled to sleep by the sirens and we are about to crash upon the rocks.

Classical allusion to the Odyssey and all...nice...yeah, I sort of agree. Let's not get too complacent. Jack is real good and fits in well with Peja and of course this deal stinks but if we can get Pierce for a package starting with Jack then we need to do it. Jack's value is probably at an all time high. Pietrus and such don't bring about championships. Pierce does. Ballhog or not, the guy has a killer instinct come 4th quarter. We still have yet to play a close game with this new line-up except one...which we lost. I worry that this may be a pattern. If we can get Pierce we should go for it, no doubt.

Fool
02-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Kenyon's contract isn't a max contract.