PDA

View Full Version : Rumor from Rats} JO for Bosh.

Will Galen
02-21-2006, 10:41 PM
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2051138&posted=1#post2051138

nashvilleKat
Bosh for JO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBA Coast to Coast on ESPN just said one of the primary trades circulating the rumor mill has Jermaine O'Neal going to Toronto for Chris Bosh. Raptors don't think they can sign Bosh to a long term contract (Bosh wants out of Toronto) and they're willing to take on Jermaine's contract to get long term stability. What do you think?
-----------------------------------

Can anyone confirm this was said? What's interesting is Antonio Davis would have to be included to make salarys match. I don't remember if Tony can be traded again this soon. Anyone know? I don't feel like looking it up.

SwissExpress
02-21-2006, 10:45 PM
It's been discussed quite a bit here too.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19459

rel
02-21-2006, 10:46 PM
i really dont know about this trade, especially since we haven't actually seen JO play in the new offense

SoupIsGood
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Hmm. If we do this, we are pretty much going young. Danny, David, and Bosh are all about the same age. I wouldn't expect Peja to stay past this year, we'd probably look to bring in young PG's and SG's.

Honestly, that might be the best course of action at this point, in terms of contending soon. It defintely would make me sad to see JO go, if it ever came to that.

However, there are certainly worse guys to get back than Bosh. I really like the guy, a great kid who really cares about winning.

SwissExpress
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't believe it. In any case, let's wait till it's smth more realistic than "Rumour mill".

Will Galen
02-21-2006, 10:50 PM
It's been discussed quite a bit here too.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19459

I've read that, but it was then said the Raps said no. This is new, and I just want to know if anyone can confirm hearing it on ESPN?

Shade
02-21-2006, 10:51 PM
This potential trade scares the hell out of me.

Jermaniac
02-21-2006, 10:51 PM
I saw it on ESPN Will

indytoad
02-21-2006, 10:53 PM
I think when they lead in they said that Toronto had said no, but then enumerated on why it had been considered. Also said that Walsh denied that he personally had talked with Toronto, although we all know about how much that means.

IndyToad
You phone has arrived

pizza guy
02-21-2006, 10:53 PM
I would LOVE to see JO in the new offense, I think he could really be a force. On the same token, so could Bosh. He's quick, athletic, has long arms, and a nice shot, he's also 6 years younger. The frontline of JO, Hulk, and Danger makes me drool, but so would Bosh, Hulk, and Danger. The major problem I see is that maybe Bosh won't want to stay in Indiana when his deal runs out, and if he does, he'll demand BIG money, and the Pacers need to use that (IMO) to retain Peja and Freddie.

I've said before that I'd do a JO for Bosh trade, but the more I think about it, the more I doubt. I love Bosh as a player, but, I think JO can really excel in the ball-movement style and I don't trust our ability to re-sign Bosh after his contract expires. So, this deal is sort of a push for me. I'm a JO-lover though, and I don't think we should trade except for KG, but that's just a dream anyways.

The trade I would do with Toronto is Tinsley for Mike James, though.

Pig Nash
02-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Anybody would trade a bag of bones for Mike James. Toronto wouldn't though.

Hicks
02-21-2006, 10:56 PM
I'd sign off on this if I knew Indiana was confident that we could re-sign him.

Jermaniac
02-21-2006, 10:59 PM
How would we re-sign both Peja and Bosh?

BTW I think all of this is BS, I just dont see us trading JO or the Raps trading Bosh.

pizza guy
02-21-2006, 11:03 PM

BTW I think all of this is BS, I just dont see us trading JO or the Raps trading Bosh.

Precisely.

Pig Nash
02-21-2006, 11:04 PM

Exactly, this won't happen.

Hicks
02-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Bosh isn't a FA this summer, IIRC.

SwissExpress
02-21-2006, 11:10 PM

I agree with the second part, but I can't understand why resigning Peja after this year and then Bosh after the next one is more difficult than resigning Peja in the current situation (i.e. with Jermaine already under more expensive contract than Bosh would be able to ask)

Shade
02-21-2006, 11:14 PM

JO's salary would be off the payroll, and we'd also get AD's expiring contract.

Jermaniac
02-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Shhhhhhh, I just dont want JO traded so I make up excuses. Dont tell no body though.

pizza guy
02-21-2006, 11:19 PM
JO's salary would be off the payroll, and we'd also get AD's expiring contract.

Poo-poo head! You're not supposed to make sense when you argue! ;) I guess I'm in the same boat as Jermainiac and I just don't want to see JO go.

Hicks
02-21-2006, 11:25 PM
AD can't be traded, so you can forget that.

I found a 2 for 5 trade that works, but I don't think Toronto would do it.

JO and Jackson for Bosh, Peterson, Araujo, Al.Williams, E.Williams. We could immediately waive Al.Williams.

Evan_The_Dude
02-21-2006, 11:31 PM
It's easier for a new player to adapt to a new offense than it is for a current player to adapt to a new offense. That's the only part of this I see making any sense.

Jon Theodore
02-21-2006, 11:33 PM
i hate this trade JErmaine is the best basketball player ever

Evan_The_Dude
02-21-2006, 11:39 PM
It seems like the reason for this trade if it were to happen, would be that Jermaine doesn't make his teammates better. Then again does Bosh? I just don't see how the deal helps either team. All I can think of is that we'd get a guy that can be Jermaine for longer than Jermaine because he's younger. :whoknows:

microwave_oven
02-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Bosh is the only bright spot on that team. They have already won double the games they should have w/ their talent. Bosh is a winner. He has won 20 games this year with only Mike James as an assistant.

Shade
02-21-2006, 11:57 PM

JO and Jackson for Bosh, Peterson, Araujo, Al.Williams, E.Williams. We could immediately waive Al.Williams.

Actually, I think AD can be traded, just not to Chicago.

Frank Slade
02-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Well the great thing about this is we will certainly know the time table if this were to happen.. By Early Thursday :cool:

Bball
02-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Without Jermaine this team doesn't win these last games at nearly a 90% clip.

Errrr uhhhh wait a minute....

Is this proposed trade supposed to be something before the deadline? I'm skeptical of that... Maybe Toronto does a sign and trade over the summer but that would be because we'd see how we do over this tough stretch of games coming up with all the road games (and no JO). ... And then how we finish the season and integrate JO back into things... AND see what Peja does or wants to do (or has to have).

I don't know the Pacers would give up on JO right now.... but then again... the scoreboard has to have them scratching their head and talking...

-Bball

Anthem
02-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Actually, I think AD can be traded, just not to Chicago.
He can't be traded to Chicago under any circumstances.

He can be traded to any other team, as long as he's not traded in combination with another player.

Antonio's out of the picture.

Anthem
02-22-2006, 12:11 AM

JO, Gill, rights to our Euro big man, and this year's pick for Bosh, MoPete, and both Williamses?

Frank Slade
02-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Well NBA Fastbreak is on in about 15 minutes.. so if there is any basis to this I am sure they will touch on it... :eyebrow:

sweabs
02-22-2006, 12:23 AM
:whistle:

I guess I'll just leave it at that. I don't want to get my hopes up.

The only thing that I wonder with regarding this trade: who becomes our "leader"? Is JO our leader to begin with? And if he leaves, will we miss that aspect of his character? Because Bosh is not a vocal leader by any means (but I definitely think he could excel in this offense we are running, and the type of game that Larry wants...he'd be perfect).

One thing is for sure; the more interviews I hear from Bosh and the more I see his demeanor on the court after losing close games time after time again, I don't think he'll be hanging around in Toronto.

By the way, I have not heard any rumours along these lines up here.

Oh who am I kidding - my hopes are up. I've just grown to really like Bosh just as everyone has up here...he's quite a talent, and a great kid (not that JO isn't).

rexnom
02-22-2006, 04:54 AM
First of all, to reiterate...the proposed trade does NOT work. Now that that's out of the way...

Bosh would be an improvement over J.O. if we've decided to go with Danny and David for the future but the Peja deal tells me that we're looking at remaining competitive with current players including Peja.

I don't see a deal like this happening.

317Kim
02-22-2006, 05:22 AM
Shhhhhhh, I just dont want JO traded so I make up excuses. Dont tell no body though.

YOU TOO!?

:D

Bball
02-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Bosh isn't a FA this summer, IIRC.

Aha! That adds a different twist to things...

-Bball

rexnom
02-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Aha! That adds a different twist to things...

-Bball

And he'd be restricted, right? Meaning his team could match any offer.

Unclebuck
02-22-2006, 07:42 AM
I saw Ric Bucher mention this last night. And I didn't give it a second thought then or now. I took it as an offhanded comment rather than a bold pronouncement of a possible trade.

Wasn't the origianl rumor that the Pacers approached the Raptors last summer about trading J.O for Bosh. I think Bucher was more or less commenting on that .

I think there is less than a 1% chance anything will happen with this "rumor" in the next 36 hours.

I hope people realize the Raptors fired their GM about 6 weeks ago, and have an interium one right now and are rumored to be interested in Brian Colangelo.

sixthman
02-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Common sense tells me there is no way in the world Toronto would now trade Chris Bosh for JO. Even when Bosh gets a contract extention he will make many millions less than JO, plus he is considerably younger and his body is not nearly as broken down as Jermaine's.

Walsh also said last night he has never talked to Toronto about a Bosh/JO trade. Even a skeptic like me believes that in preference to the one trade report which UB referred to, which has now been repeated and enhanced by others who want to act like they are in the know.

Much insider bull by people who get paid to shovel ****.