PDA

View Full Version : if the pacers DON'T beat the pistons...bye bye JO?

OnlyPacersLeft
02-21-2006, 11:39 PM
I want to see what exactly would be considered success? is this the team that's supposed to win the finals? that would mean beating detroit right? and if we go out and lose to them again does that mean we HAVE to change things? besides minor? I think taking the pistons to 6-7 games would still not be bad. Depending no if it was fluke wins or not.

SoupIsGood
02-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Losing to Detroit is nothing to be ashamed of. They are a great team.

Speaking of the playoffs, I think we are really going to like what we see out of Danny come playoff time. :)

BoomBaby31
02-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Danny was a PERFECT draft pick and I'm so glad the last couple of years we have picked some players with talented. We had that span of years where we would pick C level Euro guys and never see them in the regular season. Granger is a good player, and makes wise decisions for being a rookie. I wish we could of kept Jermaine Jones though. Oh and beautiful game Granger had tonight with his 22pnts and 11boards for a double double :)

I don't get the title of the thread here... Are you referring to in the playoffs if we lose to the pistons again we will deal JO or are you writing about tomorrow when we play the Pistons? If JO heals fully (which I doubt) we should keep him, I feel he will adjust to our system thats been working so well the last couple of games. Bird and DW are trying to deal him BAD though, I think they want a little younger player with alot less salary. IT's all business baby lol...

indytoad
02-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Danny was a PERFECT draft pick and I'm so glad the last couple of years we have picked some players with talented. We had that span of years where we would pick C level Euro guys and never see them in the regular season. Granger is a good player, and makes wise decisions for being a rookie. I wish we could of kept Jermaine Jones though. Oh and beautiful game Granger had tonight with his 22pnts and 11boards for a double double :)

I don't get the title of the thread here... Are you referring to in the playoffs if we lose to the pistons again we will deal JO or are you writing about tomorrow when we play the Pistons? If JO heals fully (which I doubt) we should keep him, I feel he will adjust to our system thats been working so well the last couple of games. Bird and DW are trying to deal him BAD though, I think they want a little younger player with alot less salary. IT's all business baby lol...

:banned:

IndyToad
To that end

Anthem
02-22-2006, 12:04 AM
I'm cornfused. Why would losing to the Pistons be a sign that the Pacers should move JO? If we win, that's another story.

FWIW, I don't think we have a chance of beating the Pistons on their home floor. They're gonna be so psyched up, it wil be unreal. I just hope it's close.

indytoad
02-22-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm cornfused. Why would losing to the Pistons be a sign that the Pacers should move JO? If we win, that's another story.

FWIW, I don't think we have a chance of beating the Pistons on their home floor. They're gonna be so psyched up, it wil be unreal. I just hope it's close.

I think he's talking about in the playoffs.

Maybe?

IndyToad
Newly redesigned

pizza guy
02-22-2006, 12:09 AM
PLAYOFFS!? PLAYOFFS? YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS!? I JUST HOPE WE WIN ANOTHER GAME!

OK, so, seriously, if we lose to the Pistons (again) this year, the only thing we can do is trade for the Piston's roster. Their team is just too good right now, and I'll be surprised if they don't play and win 16 games this post-season. I fully expect them to roll through everyone, maybe taking an extra game to win the Finals...maybe.

I'm not sold on moving JO at all. I definetly want to see him play our new style because I think he could REALLY be good in it. If he bombs that, then yeah, maybe we could deal for someone, but I don't know who. The only two that interest me are KG and Bosh and they're both, most likely, going to have new homes next year anyways. IMO, JO is probably going to be a Pacer for a long time, unless something crazy comes up.

Jon Theodore
02-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Jermaine loves saying how we beat the Pistons without him, acting like if it was with him we would of beaten them by more. I had such a good laugh.

Jumper
02-23-2006, 11:26 AM
I always wonder why everyone is so trade happy with the Pacers. A big part of the Pistons is that they are a cohesive unit because they have had the opportunity to play with each other for a long time. Since the aquisition of Rasheed they have left the starting five alone. Sure they tweak a reserve or two here and there but the core is the same. Look at the Pacers Miller...gone, Artest...gone(thank god), Reggie...retired. And that is just the starting line up. That team won 61 games and lost to Detroit. Since then we have been all over the board trying to catch back up to the Pistons, enter SJax, Peja, Sarunas. The one constant has been Oneal. Granted he has been injured for the better part of two seasons, no changing that. But the guy is a beast when he is on the floor. He is easily the best PF in the East when healthy. Why trade that when he is your cornerstone? I look to later this year or next season and I can't help but salivate with the prospect of having Oneal, Peja, and Granger leading this team. I see Granger being a landslide 6th man of the year next year. Along with Runi coming off the bench this team could be dominant. I just don't see the sense in making major trades so soon after getting rid of Artest. With that trade we went from a grind it out team to a more free flowing team overnight. Let Jermaine see if he can excel in that atmosphere first before parting ways with him. If he falters in the new system then yeah maybe its time to move on, but until we see a healthy Jermaine in this system I think it is foolish to act prematurely.

3Ball
02-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Their team is just too good right now, and I'll be surprised if they don't play and win 16 games this post-season. I fully expect them to roll through everyone, maybe taking an extra game to win the Finals...maybe.

Sure, the Pistons are having a terrific season, but this is an overstatement. I suspect they will rumble through the East, but the finals may well be a different matter. There are three very good teams looking to come out of the east. The Spurs haven't looked right all year. Two of their top three guys have been playing (or sitting) with injuries. Meanwhile, their 3rd best guy has been playing the best basketball of his life. If they can get healthy and get it together down the stretch, they could end up being a better team than last year. And remember, even with all of this adversity, they are only 2.5 games behind the "historic" Pistons.

So yeah, they have as good a shot as ever, but it isn't going to be a walk.

Roy Munson
02-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Losing to Detroit is nothing to be ashamed of. They are a great team.

I disagree. Losing to Rasheed Wallace at any time, in any game, in any sport, is something to be VERY ashamed of.

Just on principle, just because they are better men than Rasheed Wallace, the Pacers should beat the Pistons.

R. Wallace is a weak man with a weak mind and weak character.

Stigmata
02-23-2006, 12:25 PM
^ Not to mention he owns the record of most f-bombs shouted in an NBA career.

Rytas_Jega
02-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Meanwhile, their 3rd best guy has been playing the best basketball of his life.

And William Anthony Parker is only 23. He still has much time left to improve.

indytoad
02-23-2006, 12:58 PM
And William Anthony Parker is only 23. He still has much time left to improve.

Remember when there used to be a debate about whether or not Tinsley was better?

Sigh...

IndyToad
Reading disc