PDA

View Full Version : OK I have to say something

Hicks
02-21-2006, 08:42 PM
What the HELL is with these calls Chris Paul is getting? I finally had to say something after this ridiculous call he got on David Harrison. Harrison is doing nothing wrong, he grabs a fistful of David's jersey near the waste, pulls a bit, then wraps his arms around Harrison, who then stumbles. *whistle* Personal foul on David Harrison. It was just ridiculous. He got another foul in his favor for elbowing Anthony Johnson out of position earlier.

He's a good player, but I am sick and tired of these great players being allowed to break obvious rules. These calls were not subtle.

SoupIsGood
02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
He's already getting star-treatment from the refs.

Moses
02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
And we're still up by 20.

It's a beautiful thing ;o)

Jermaniac
02-21-2006, 09:16 PM
He's already getting star-treatment from the refs.Yep its going to get disgusting in a few years the way he is getting calls now as a rookie.

Lord Helmet
02-21-2006, 09:16 PM
It's nothing to ignore even though we won.

It's pathetic, and hey like I always say, when you're talking about NBA refs, the standards are really, really low.

The refs are biased and beyond idiotic sometimes. I'm sick of it.

ghost
02-21-2006, 09:51 PM
NBA refs, what do you want. I just try to laugh looking at the circus they run.
Chris Paul never travels and never palms the ball and so on and on. As long as someone in NBA is SOMEONE, they will be treated as deities (couple times I saw King James taking 5 steps, and not in handball game).

Pacersfan46
02-21-2006, 10:09 PM
I was sitting RIGHT in front of him when Paul pushed off on AJ. That was rather sickening. I don't know what the ref was seeing, I wasn't much farther away than he was, but it was damn obvious. Shouldn't have needed a replay to get that one right.

Pacesetter
02-21-2006, 10:25 PM
What the HELL is with these calls Chris Paul is getting? I finally had to say something after this ridiculous call he got on David Harrison. Harrison is doing nothing wrong, he grabs a fistful of David's jersey near the waste, pulls a bit, then wraps his arms around Harrison, who then stumbles. *whistle* Personal foul on David Harrison. It was just ridiculous. He got another foul in his favor for elbowing Anthony Johnson out of position earlier.

He's a good player, but I am sick and tired of these great players being allowed to break obvious rules. These calls were not subtle.

I agree, it was pretty disgusting. The foul they called on David when Paul wrapped him up on our offensive end, left me speechless.

owl
02-21-2006, 10:29 PM
And people wonder why the integrity of the NBA is called into question.
Those 2 players were so obvious you had to be looking the other way
to make the calls they did.

owl

Wayne Jarvis
02-21-2006, 10:53 PM
It's reassuring to see that others are wondering about this subject too.

We always hear about "rookie calls" and "you have to pay your dues". Yet here's a player with only about 50 games under his belt, and he's getting favorable calls consistently. Never use NBA Officiating and objectivity in the same sentence.

C. Paul is a tremendous player and will only get better, but I'll never accept the concept of how better players "earn" the calls.

LjuboDaMan
02-21-2006, 11:08 PM
peja will never get this kind of treatment

pizza guy
02-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Some of those calls were ridiculous. When David got his tech, I couldn't blame him. Maybe, if it was a tight game and that hurt us, I'd be upset, but would still feel that he was justified in doing it. Those fouls called, and the ones not called which involved Harrison getting mauled, were stupid. That was a very poorly officiated second half (I missed the first half).

Star treatment is retarded. Just because someone is good, doesn't mean they can do whatever they want. If that were the case, I'd never get in any trouble for anything ;-). Jordan got it, Shaq gets it, heck, Reggie got it sometimes, and now a flippin' rookie gets it! The NBA's officials are sad sometimes, just absolutely sad.

rexnom
02-22-2006, 05:19 AM
This is great. We need to create a "we dissed" persona...like the Pistons did. An underappreciated and underrated team instead of a team with expectations. I think we can succeed that way. Let me add fuel to the fire:

JO never gets these calls. :-p

grace
02-23-2006, 12:00 PM
peja will never get this kind of treatment

Of course he won't. He's a Pacer now. We're the most put upon team in the league. The refs hate us. Stern hates us. It's amazing we're still in the league.

(If anyone is wondering I was kidding--a little.)