PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Hicks

DisplacedKnick
02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Our newest Keeper League Owner. He and Able will be Expansion Owners for next season.

Shade, Mourning - you two each had some pretty solid support and everyone seemed to think any of the three of you would make good owners.

I'd like to do something a bit different this year. In the past I've only sent e-mails about the expansion process to the owners who were definitely in. But we always seem to have one or two owners who drop out closer to when the league starts - then I have to do a catch up. What I'd like to do is include all four of you in my e-mails.

I have an e-mail address for Hicks. Able, Mourning & Shade, could you please PM me an e-mail you'd like me to use? Keep in mind that I'll be sending some attachments with it, mainly excel files with protected lists.

If you just want me to use the e-mail for the ABA site, just say so here and I'll do that. And obviously, if you don't want to be on the list, let me know that as well.

able
02-21-2006, 06:50 PM
congrats Hicks, thanks DPK :) you can use the one you have for me, unless you want another one :D

Shade
02-21-2006, 07:48 PM
PM'ed 'ya, Rim. :)

Jose Slaughter
02-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Congradulations Hicks & Able

I'm glad you two are use to getting kicked around because its only gonna get worse. Don't feel too bad Hicks, I get to beat Able in 3 leagues now. :laugh:

Mourning
02-22-2006, 01:33 AM
Congrats Hicks ;).

I'm not interested in picking up a team from somebody else. I want to atleast have some solid influene in the line up I put on the floor, I don't like taking a "team" that is all in place and I can't really change without making trades.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

able
02-22-2006, 05:41 AM
Congradulations Hicks & Able

I'm glad you two are use to getting kicked around because its only gonna get worse. Don't feel too bad Hicks, I get to beat Able in 3 leagues now. :laugh:

w00t w00t w00t

Have you moved to "lala" land??

you never told me :D

A: this league, you were lucky that I was unlucky or I would've whooped your backside all season long :D
B: TRFBL I came very close this year already and with what I done to my team I am sure you will have a harder time beating me next year then the other way around :D
C: Rim's league; let's wait and see, I think I've shown what I can do with a roster on the legaue above this one :)

D: Bring it on ! (you gotta ask yourself this; Do I feel lucky?)

:D

(reminder to self; poor gatorade over Jose when meeting him at party)

DisplacedKnick
02-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Congrats Hicks ;).

I'm not interested in picking up a team from somebody else. I want to atleast have some solid influene in the line up I put on the floor, I don't like taking a "team" that is all in place and I can't really change without making trades.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

I'm gonna assume from this you don't want to be on the list. Keep in mind that if someone drops out, the process I use is this:

The first owner on the list (In this case able) is given the option of picking up the existing team or going with expansion. If he doesn't take the team, the choice goes to the next prospective owner and so on.

The best team in our league - 41-9 right now - is one that a new owner picked up last fall because an existing owner had a ton of conflicts.

Also, last season the 3 worst teams in the league dropped out. Their rosters were weak enough that we threw all of them into the expansion draft pool. I haven't scanned the teams to see if something similar might happen or not this year.

In any case, I'll probably send out my first e-mail this weekend and it'll include the 12-man summer rosters current teams will carry into the fall. If you want to be included in that, let me know. If not, I'll just send it to Hicks, Able and Shade.

Hicks
02-22-2006, 07:55 AM
I was planning on using an expansion team instead of picking up an existing one, so there is an expansion draft before the actual draft, right?

DisplacedKnick
02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
I was planning on using an expansion team instead of picking up an existing one, so there is an expansion draft before the actual draft, right?

Yes - I'll send you a bunch of details in an e-mail this weekend. How the process works, a VERY rough timeline, etc.