PDA

View Full Version : When JO and Tins are healthy, who sits?

rabid
02-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I started posting this in the Tinsley thread but I think it deserves it own discussion.

Obviously, when Tins and JO get healthy Rick is going to play them. The problem is that their positions are pretty deep on our roster, and we have capable players manning those positions now.

Something's going to have to give. Either somebody sits or multiple people will have to play out of position at times. It gets even worse/better when JO comes back.

If everyone stays in position:

Tins/AJ/Runi (either Tins or AJ starting, with Runi the odd man out)
Jax/Fred
Peja/DG
JO/Foster/Cro (Cro is odd man out)
Pollard/Hulk

Once you start trying to give everybody minutes, it gets ugly.

Tins/AJ/Runi
Jax/Fred/Runi
Peja/Jax/DG
JO/Foster/Peja/DG (sorry Cro)
Pollard/Foster/Hulk/JO

Somebody's gonna have to sit if everybody's healthy. Who are the odd men out?

Slick Pinkham
02-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Runi, Fred, or AJ give up minutes

and

Pollard, Cro, or Granger give up minutes

Personally I'd prefer Tins to sit and Cro to sit, unless/until Pollard's back starts to act up again, and it probably will, or Jeff's hip.

This comfortable stretch of 2 games a week, and mostly at home, does wonders for our fragile guys, but that will end and we will soon need the depth again.

Lithfan
02-21-2006, 12:32 PM
I think AJ, Saras and Fred will all lose 7 minutes each for Tinsley. AJ probably will lose more than that. Saras will play at least half of his time at SG.
Foster, Hulk, Pollard, DG will also loose 7-8 minutes each to crease 30+ PG for JO.
Only Peja and Jax will be untouched.
So it would be exactly as it was before, not one odd man but several. Probably two best players in Tinsley and JO absense - AJ and Hulk will suffer the most when they returtn.

Will Galen
02-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Tins will sit at first, but not for long.

When everyone is back, provided no one else is injured, Granger, Harrison, Cro, and Sarunas, will lose minutes.

D-BONE
02-21-2006, 12:37 PM
From my post this morning in the Walsh and Bird optimistic thread:

Tinsley = Bender Pt. 2!! I used to think this guy had a chance to be good. Now I really don't care if he comes back at all. I'm just afraid he'll ruin everything that's been going well the last eight games. Mainly just the distribution of PG minutes is my fear. The current rotation has worked splendidly. Unless either AJ or Saras suffer major slumps, JT shouldn't see the floor. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and I'll be pleasantly surprised but I can't help but imagine this great team aesthetic sabotaged when AJ or Saras gets pissed their minutes are revoked. Can't say that I blame them. I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2nd half. The inevitable chemistry recalibration with injured players coming back, a string of road games awaiting, and a chaotic March schedule are all daunting. However, at least it's fun basketball to watch again and there's some tangible reason to have hope. Cross our fingers for the best case scenario!

Elaborating a bit, I don't think Cro or Tins see much in the way of minutes if we continue our level of play. Farther down the road when JO is back and healthy, he eventually returns to the starting 4 backed by Foster. Granger goes to backup 3 primarily. That's my 2 cents.

beast23
02-21-2006, 12:59 PM
With 18 games being played in March, I think it was a given that starter's minutes were going to decrease anyway.

With that many games in a single month, I don't think minutes will be a problem for any of our players. They will all play. The subs minutes will increase, the starter's average minutes will decrease, and there will plenty of minutes to accommodate JO, Tinsley and Cro, whenever they become available.

It's just a matter of when Tinsley will be available for games, and then when he will become the starter. But if he is just now shooting the ball, I doubt that he is involved in contact drills and full-fledged practicing. He's probably just shooting the ball and doing some dribbling and cardio drills. In other words, he's still probably more than a week away from playing. Just a guess.

Moses
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Tinsley is still a few weeks away from playing. I'd imagine Tinsley and Croshere will come back at around the same time with JO coming back in early to mid april off of the bench. JO and Tinsley will become the starters after a few games of shedding off the rust and getting accomodated to the minutes they are playing. Tinsley will be able to run this fast-break type of offense even better then AJ and Runi are...It's all just a matter of when and whether or not Tinsley will finally be tough enough to play.

Jose Slaughter
02-21-2006, 01:13 PM
I think Pollard will go back to the bench once everyone is back. Starting & playing Harrison somewhere in the teens, minute wise seems to be working well.

Foster will go back to playing about half the game.

Croshere's minutes will take a little hit too.

In the backcourt, once Tinsley is at full strength, Fred Jones will drop out of the rotation & Sarunas will move over to the 2 guard spot. I don't care for either of those moves; Jones setting or Sarunas playing off guard but that seems like the only way that Johnson will see the court. And we all know. Johnson will play.

Long story - short - too late.

Pollard, Jones & to a lesser extent, Croshere will get their minutes cut.

CableKC
02-21-2006, 01:22 PM
I think that when both JO and Tinsley are healthy.......Sarunas and Granger will end up sitting.

Regardless of whether we run the current offense or not......Carlisle plays his veterans first.

RWB
02-21-2006, 01:22 PM
As others have posted numerous times lately. Now is the time to thin out some depth before everything becomes a distraction again.

Los Angeles
02-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Tinsley Sits.

A power forward gets traded or disappears forever onto the bench, either due to a "coaches decision" or due to injury, we'll see which one.

J_2_Da_IzzO
02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
I think keeping a select 2 player rotation for every position on the floor (keeping this 2 man rotation on court for about 40 mins of the game) is a more wise idea then to have 3 players at PF or 4 at center. Something like this:

Tinsley/AJ
Jax/Fred
Peja/DG
JO/Foster
Pollard/Hulk

Depending on who we are playing we can adjust the lineup a little. Maybe put Foster & Pollard starting against teams like Detroit so we can get that rebounding edge.

Runi & Cro will have to knock someones place out by making the most of the minutes they get and impressing. This is a problem with depth, will they battle gracefully for a fair share of there minutes or will they sulk and want out.

Right now I feel AJ is more deserving of Tinsleys back up so hes going to share the most minutes with Tins but it can change and so on.

CableKC
02-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I think keeping a select 2 player rotation for every position on the floor (keeping this 2 man rotation on court for about 40 mins of the game) is a more wise idea then to have 3 players at PF or 4 at center. Something like this:

Tinsley/AJ
Jax/Fred
Peja/DG
JO/Foster
Pollard/Hulk

Depending on who we are playing we can adjust the lineup a little. Maybe put Foster & Pollard starting against teams like Detroit so we can get that rebounding edge.

Runi & Cro will have to knock someones place out by making the most of the minutes they get and impressing. This is a problem with depth, will they battle gracefully for a fair share of there minutes or will they sulk and want out.

Right now I feel AJ is more deserving of Tinsleys back up so hes going to share the most minutes with Tins but it can change and so on.
I would think that Carlisle will give Croshere more minutes then Harrison and have a PF/C rotation of:

JO/Croshere
Pollard/Foster

I would hope that Carlisle would have more confidence in Harrison but I think that he will always play it safe when it comes to giving out minutes.

All things being equal ( and assuming that Carlisle may change how the offense is run but not who he will likely play ), I think that Sarunas, Granger and Harrison will only play garbage minutes. The only time that they will get minutes is when the first 2 options at each position gets into foul trouble:

PG - Tinsley / AJ / Sarunas
SG - SJax / Freddie
SF - Peja / Granger
PF - JONeal / Croshere
C - Pollard / Foster / Harrison

Granger is the only player that I feel will get more minutes then Sarunas and Harrison. He will likely be the 2nd SF option off the bench...but I think that Peja is going to get about 32-36 minutes a game during the playoff run.

J_2_Da_IzzO
02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
I agree that Carlisle will probably give Croshere more minutes then Harrison and your lineup is about right.

I would like however if Carlisle would just stick to using his players in the position they are meant for. By this I mean in a game JO shouldnt play at centre at all, Jax shouldnt move to SF at all and Runi shouldnt move to SG at all etc.

I dont see a point in moving players around from there best position into other positions they CAN play but would probably prefer not to because we have quality players as 2nd option in every position.

DeS
02-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I don't think Saras will lose many of his minutes. What makes You think, that the rotation at PG will be: Tins/AJ/Saras or AJ/Tins/Saras? Despite of who is more worthy to play more minutes, neither Tins or AJ are used to play with the second unit. I'm not sure if RC will want to lose the proven "spark from the bench" unit. I guess RC himself will be having a hard time and this is the reason why he hesitates to talk to media about Tinsley return.

D-BONE
02-21-2006, 05:21 PM
I would think that Carlisle will give Croshere more minutes then Harrison and have a PF/C rotation of:

JO/Croshere
Pollard/Foster

I would hope that Carlisle would have more confidence in Harrison but I think that he will always play it safe when it comes to giving out minutes.

All things being equal ( and assuming that Carlisle may change how the offense is run but not who he will likely play ), I think that Sarunas, Granger and Harrison will only play garbage minutes. The only time that they will get minutes is when the first 2 options at each position gets into foul trouble:

PG - Tinsley / AJ / Sarunas
SG - SJax / Freddie
SF - Peja / Granger
PF - JONeal / Croshere
C - Pollard / Foster / Harrison

Granger is the only player that I feel will get more minutes then Sarunas and Harrison. He will likely be the 2nd SF option off the bench...but I think that Peja is going to get about 32-36 minutes a game during the playoff run.

I understand the going with vets rationale and all, but the idea of Granger and Saras playing mainly garbage time makes me cringe about as much as the nightmare that the offense could return to muck-ball at some point. I guess we'll find out how much everyone is truly commited to the team concept if their current roles are drastically changed or reduced.

Jermaniac
02-21-2006, 06:30 PM
JO and Tins will start,

Cro,Pollard,Foster,Harrison,Sarunas and AJ will lose minutes

ChicagoJ
02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Here's what should happen:

PG - Tinsley/ AJ
SG - Peja/ Fred
SF - Granger/ Peja
PF - JO/ Croshere or Foster depending on matchups
C - Pollard/ Harrison/ JO if these two are in foul trouble

Hopefully SJax is traded, and I'd rather have "future considerations" than another player clogging up the roster. Like Saras is doing now. Maybe they can be traded together. :sarcasm:

Also, if AJ eats into Fred's minutes at SG, I'm probably okay with that, too. Nine players is one too many by the time April rolls around.

Jermaniac
02-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Why should Jack be traded?

ChicagoJ
02-21-2006, 06:59 PM
To make room for Granger - that's enough of a reason for me.

Further, I'm not swayed by a couple weeks of relatively good behavior. He's still a turnover-prone ballhog who shoots a low percentage. And he's still a hothead. I could do without him.

Anthem
02-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Tinsley should sit.

Jermaniac
02-21-2006, 08:03 PM
To make room for Granger - that's enough of a reason for me.

Further, I'm not swayed by a couple weeks of relatively good behavior. He's still a turnover-prone ballhog who shoots a low percentage. And he's still a hothead. I could do without him.Looks like our team cant do without him.

SoupIsGood
02-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Tinsley should sit.

Yees

ChicagoJ
02-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Looks like our team cant do without him.

If that's really true, we're doomed.

I'd say if his trade value is at an all-time high (and it might be), then TRADE HIM!!

Jermaniac
02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Nah Action is good

D-BONE
02-21-2006, 09:12 PM
If Jack were moved, we'd have to get some help at 2. Trading him really doesn't make room for either Peja or Granger since neither of them is suited to SG IMO and that leaves Fred. This would also involve either AJ or Saras logging minutes at the 2 then, which isn't terrible except that they are PGs.

02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
When they are finally healthy.. then i can finally sit!

Pacerized
02-21-2006, 09:34 PM
If J.O., and Tins were to come back today, the coaching staff would have some really tough decisions to make. We could play a 10 man rotation for the rest of the reg. season, but I think that would have to go down to an 8, or 9 man rotation for the playoffs. I think J.O., Jax, and Peja are givens, beyond that I don't know. I don't think we can play all 3 points, and as we stand Tins could be the odd man out. I think Fred has made his case, as well as Granger. Harrison has improved, but if the playoffs were today, I think he would be out.
Tough to narrow it to 9, but this would be my guess. I'd like to see Harrison, Cro, and Tins in there, but I can't see cutting any of these guys out.
J.O.
Peja
Jax
Foster
AJ
Granger
Fred
Pollard
Saras.

Sollozzo
02-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't understand why people are advocating Tinsley being handed the starting job upon his return.

Johnson is playing his *** off as of late. He has earned the starting spot. Tinsley is going to have to play out of his mind to deserve to get the spot back.

Unclebuck
02-21-2006, 09:43 PM
AJ better start for the rest of the season. Same with Pollard assuming he's healthy

Anthem
02-21-2006, 09:44 PM
What if they don't come back?

Anthem
02-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Before anyone says "Minnesota would want more than that" let me say I agree.

I can dream, can't I?

SoupIsGood
02-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't think I want to move Cro. If Polly's back problems flare up, which is likely, we'll need him, I think. In the meantime, you know Cro won't cause trouble sitting the bench.

I do think that Tinsley sadly needs to go. We've finally found a consistent and winning combo at PG with AJ and Saras. I don't really want to mess with that.

Maybe shop Tins and Jax for an upgrade at SG? I really don't want to mess with this team, but minutes will be a problem when Tins comes back.

Anthem
02-21-2006, 09:55 PM
You know what I'd do? I'd trade Tinsley to Atlanta for Tony Delk and a protected draft pick. Lottery-protected this year, top 10 next year, top 5 the year after, and unprotected the year after that?

It's guaranteed to be a top-3 pick!

ghost
02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Tins sits, just precaution from another injury.
And to protect winning record.
:D

ChicagoJ
02-21-2006, 10:49 PM
If you're not playing Peja at SG, is he in your long-term plans?

Not mine.

He's either a SG for the Pacers, or we're letting him walk this summer. Granger is going to be too good to let Peja's presence slow down his development.

As for Tinsley, I just think he gets a bum rap around here because he sometimes shows his frustration in ways we don't always like. But he also keeps his mouth shut and every time he comes back he quickly earns his place in the rotation. Anybody that thinks he won't do it again this time, when his body is actually healthy, has just plain forgotten how good he is, and how much this team depends on him, when he's healthy.

I can understand giving up on him because he's injury prone. But these other reasons, in my opinion, are real stretches of the imagination.

If he's healthy enough to play, he's got to be the starter.

Anthem
02-21-2006, 11:01 PM
If you're not playing Peja at SG, is he in your long-term plans?

Not mine.

He's either a SG for the Pacers, or we're letting him walk this summer. Granger is going to be too good to let Peja's presence slow down his development.
In my ideal world, we'd pull a S&T for a decent (cheap) journeyman.

As for Tinsley, I just think he gets a bum rap around here because he sometimes shows his frustration in ways we don't always like. But he also keeps his mouth shut and every time he comes back he quickly earns his place in the rotation. Anybody that thinks he won't do it again this time, when his body is actually healthy, has just plain forgotten how good he is, and how much this team depends on him, when he's healthy.
I agree with all that.

But the plain fact is that Tinsley is even less dependable than Ron. Or I guess you could say he's MORE dependable... you know for a fact he'll break down after 20 or so games.

I'd trade him for just about anything of value. Given his PPP status, the only team that can take him is Atlanta.

ChicagoJ
02-21-2006, 11:40 PM
I'll repeat myself, because we pretty much agree. I can understand giving up on him because he's injury prone. I've essentially given up on him myself, but I don't think he's traded before summer (his value must be at an all-time low right now), and when he returns this season he's got to resume the starting role just to prop his trade value back up to where it should be. Of course, he'll also prop back up his value to the Pacers.

The real question is... does anybody think he'll never stay healthy for an entire season? If not, then by all means give up on him. If you think he can stay healthy, how is the risk/ reward tradeoff?

Other than some posters on here with their unsubstantiated theories, we never hear anything disparaging about Tinsley's practice habits or attitude do we? In fact, what we usually see is that when he gets a chance he's prepared and his teammates and coaches praise him for that.

The only real risk here is that the team becomes addicted to his play when he's healthy and they don't have a suitable replacement, so they tend to go into tailspins when he's injured. And, of course, that happens far too often.

Bball
02-21-2006, 11:53 PM
If we take two or three steps back and look at our situation from the outside looking in do you see things differently?

If we were talking about another team, and they were doing this well without the former starting PG (who you know has a history of injuries), and the backups are performing well and the team is doing the best it has all season, would we be wondering when they will get the former starter back in the lineup or would we be talking about how crazy that team would be to even consider changing things with how things are going right now??

I suppose you could ask that question of any sitting player but Tinsley has many negatives on his side (yes, attitude is one of them) that I think it is a no-brainer and I think most of you would agree that he keeps sitting if this scenario played out on another team that you had no emotional ties to (and therefore could stay detached from the players themselves).

-Bball

Anthem
02-22-2006, 12:05 AM
I'll repeat myself, because we pretty much agree. I can understand giving up on him because he's injury prone. I've essentially given up on him myself, but I don't think he's traded before summer (his value must be at an all-time low right now), and when he returns this season he's got to resume the starting role just to prop his trade value back up to where it should be. Of course, he'll also prop back up his value to the Pacers.
You don't fix what ain't broken.

Until we start losing games (and I mean more than one or two), Tinsley stays at third string, no matter how much better he is than AJ.

Bball
02-22-2006, 12:16 AM
You don't fix what ain't broken.

Until we start losing games (and I mean more than one or two), Tinsley stays at third string, no matter how much better he is than AJ.

:buddies:

-Bball

Anthem
02-22-2006, 12:27 AM
:buddies:

-Bball
:laugh: Actually, I probably do need a drink. I just agreed with Bball. :toomuch:

At least it was against Jay. :devil: Not everything in this world has gone crazy.

Bball
02-22-2006, 12:30 AM
:laugh: Actually, I probably do need a drink. I just agreed with Bball. :drinking:

At least it was against Jay. :devil: Not everything in this world has gone crazy.

I just got in from the game a little while ago and I am extremely happy with this team right now. You're old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is very apropo as far as I am concerned.

-Bball

Arcadian
Let's see how this team plays March before we declare it fixed.

We are playing well right now, but every team has its streaks.

Anthem
The funny thing is that I'm close to Jay on the "15 new players" front... this can't be the only trade we make. We still need at least one more.

And we're in an interesting spot, because JO consistently played center for us. If Peck hated JO at center, he'll have a seizure watching Bosh at center.

Bball
02-22-2006, 12:33 AM
The funny thing is that I'm close to Jay on the "15 new players" front... this can't be the only trade we make. We still need at least one more.

And we're in an interesting spot, because JO consistently played center for us. If Peck hated JO at center, he'll have a seizure watching Bosh at center.

We have centers and for some reason Carlisle has decided to use them... both! It took a few months....

-Bball

Anthem
02-22-2006, 01:13 AM
We have centers and for some reason Carlisle has decided to use them... both! It took a few months....
In fairness to Carlisle, David and Pollard were both out a good part of last year.

Bball
02-22-2006, 01:43 AM
In fairness to Carlisle, David and Pollard were both out a good part of last year.

That would be a good point... except I meant this year ;)

-Bball

D-BONE
02-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Blast Jackson's attitude and give Tinsley a pass? Tinsley's attitude problems don't manifest themselves quite as directly as Jack's but they do. You wouldn't say that Tinsley doesn't complain to the refs? You wouldn't say Tinsley doesn't dominate the ball? Jackson gets consistent outward support from Carlisle for his solid locker room presence. I like JT's game but he can't stay healthy, he's no model citizen, and he doesn't deserve an immediate return to the starting lineup. He should be on the pine unless one of the other 2 PGs (not Gill!) gets hurt or plays themselves out of the rotation. Then if he plays well, he's got his chance.

Also, I'm happy to see Jack and JT both shipped out but only if we get something that helps the team. My only point is, you can't move Jack and get no help back at 2 b/c we don't have enough left to fill the spot. Unless you advocate moving guys out of natural position and potentially giving up on this year and waiting until summer or after to address a void at SG. I don't know what the Pacers ultimately do with Peja. He's helped but I don't see him as a good SG option and I agree Granger should be getting increased minutes moving forward into next year (and this year, too, for that matter if Rick can figure out how to do it)!

ChicagoJ
02-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Tinsley dominated the ball last season because he had to. Ditto for Fred Jones. Now, its clear that both of those players need to re-learn their roles in the framework of a team.

I don't see why Fred "blackhole" Jones gets a free pass while Tinsley gets villified.

Again, my only significant beef with Tinsley is that he can't stay healthy and even when he's healthy he's only good for 26-30 mpg.

We'll get a better sense for this team over the next few days.

Slick Pinkham
02-22-2006, 10:04 AM
It will be interesting to see how AJ & Saras handle pressure D at Detroit. The Pistons strangely never pressured them in Indy, perhaps due to Billups getting into foul trouble within the 1st few minutes of the game.

I'm waiting to see if good pressure on the PGs can shut down our offense like it did late last year when JT was hurt.

I sure hope not, because I would love to arrive at the conclusion that JT is completely expendable.

Unclebuck
02-22-2006, 10:54 AM
It will be interesting to see how AJ & Saras handle pressure D at Detroit. The Pistons strangely never pressured them in Indy, perhaps due to Billups getting into foul trouble within the 1st few minutes of the game.

Pistons don't pressure point guards like they used to. No Lindsey Hunter, no Mike James, and no Larry Brown. So that should not be a factor.

D-BONE
02-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Pistons don't pressure point guards like they used to. No Lindsey Hunter, no Mike James, and no Larry Brown. So that should not be a factor.

Hope you're right b/c this is the major potential weakness of the AJ/Saras PG tandem and the one area where JT would appear to be an upgrade. Isn't Hunter back from injury and playing more with Arroyo's departure?

waxman
02-22-2006, 12:11 PM
IMO Jamaal is our best PG... but I wouldn't hand the starting job back to him.... work him in slowly...maybe go with a real small second unit of JT/Runi/FJ/DG/DH at times for a while.

Most NBA caliber players can make a solid impact if given consistant playing time and confidence... but AJ is playing so efficiently right now and the team is clicking.. i'd be hesitant to do any major shuffling when JT initially gets back.

Also, Sarunas has helped the young guys on the second unit develop their confidence and consistancy.

I think we'll see Cro brought back very slowly... I expect him to be out of the rotation for a while even when he comes back... I think Fred may see fewer minutes...which is already happening, and we're seeing his "impactivness" slip because of it.

Whatever happens I do not want to see Danny's time get cut at all....he brings so many postives to the court its almost ridiculous. He finally took one coast to coast ala Pippen last night...thx DG.

Hulk has been playing with alot of fire.... i don't want to see his minutes get cut either.... he must be learning alot from JO.... he has really been improving over the last few weeks.

Ultimate Frisbee
02-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I really think that anyone in the NBA who gets hurt should come off the bench when they return...

a.) it doesn't screw up chemistry that developed while they were gone
b.) It lowers the risk for reinjury

Raskolnikov
02-22-2006, 02:26 PM
a.) it doesn't screw up chemistry that developed while they were gone
Pfffftt, what do yu know about chemistry?

;)

Anthem
02-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Tinsley dominated the ball last season because he had to. Ditto for Fred Jones. Now, its clear that both of those players need to re-learn their roles in the framework of a team.

I don't see why Fred "blackhole" Jones gets a free pass while Tinsley gets villified.
Sure, I agree with this.

No doubt that when healthy, Tinsley's the best PG on this team, hands down.

But right now what this team needs most is consistency, not talent. If we're winning with AJ and Saras, it makes no sense to change the rotations.

ChicagoJ
02-22-2006, 04:07 PM
I hate to see a guy lose his spot because of injury.

Then again, I felt strongly that Ron should've been benched when Al returned.

Unclebuck
02-22-2006, 04:13 PM

So Bender should still be on the team?

Moses
02-22-2006, 04:19 PM
We will resign Peja and no big trades involving JO and KG will go down. Oh yeah, Tinsley will also be starting PG by the end of the season despite the fact AJ is playing great. Sorry to burst anyones bubbles. And if Tinsley doesn't come back early from his injury and doesn't stress the area, he wont be injured again for a while or at least I hope so. I love AJ now but the problem remains that he is just to god damn inconsistent. When he isn't making his shots, no other parts of his game accelerate to make up for it which is the only problem I have with him. When he's bad, he's really bad...But he's proven himself a scorer. If we don't end up moving Tinsley, At least AJ has bulked up his trade value substantially.

Bball
02-22-2006, 04:19 PM

:kicknuts:

-BBall

ChicagoJ
02-22-2006, 05:15 PM

I meant in the starting lineup, when the player returns to the lineup.

Anthem
02-22-2006, 05:36 PM

Then again, I felt strongly that Ron should've been benched when Al returned.
Sure, I hear you.

But I'd hate to bench AJ when he's playing at this level. As long as he keeps it up, there's no reason to bench him.

hoopsforlife
02-22-2006, 05:56 PM
I say start Tinsley immediately. He will get injured in a game or two and be back on the IL and we can finish the season just fine. AJ will have had a two or three game rest and will be playoff ready too. :)

Bball
02-22-2006, 06:01 PM
I say start Tinsley immediately. He will get injured in a game or two and be back on the IL and we can finish the season just fine. AJ will have had a two or three game rest and will be playoff ready too. :)

And if you don't start him and instead let him sit and continue to heal and rest then his legend can grow and his trade value should be at an all time high this summer.

Or does that 'legend will grow' stuff only work with fans and not GM's?

-Bball

MagicRat
02-22-2006, 07:12 PM
And if you don't start him and instead let him sit and continue to heal and rest then his legend can grow and his trade value should be at an all time high this summer.

Or does that 'legend will grow' stuff only work with fans and not GM's?

-Bball

If we're concerned about legendary status, we'd better hope AJ breaks something early tomorrow night. I'm afraid he's going to turn back into a pumpkin soon and I'd hate for all of his newfound fans to be upset. We'll let his legend grow based on one good 22 day homestand and forget that he's a 31 year old journeyman......