PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley improving?

Hicks
02-21-2006, 09:14 AM
This was originally going to be a thread complaining about the inconsistency of media reports, but that was based on what I'd just read on IS and how I remembered the Pacers.com article. Turns out they do line up because the Conrad one does say that he couldn't lift his arm before the all-star break.

From Pacers.com yesterday:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/060220_update.html

Tinsley has missed 18 of the last 22 games with an injury to his right biceps and elbow. He has been doing conditioning work but headed into the break still lacking the ability to raise his right arm to shoot. This is the third consecutive year injuries have sidetracked Tinsley. Since the start of the 2003-04 season, he has missed 98 of the Pacers' 213 regular-season games (46 percent).

From IndyStar today:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060221/SPORTS04/602210425/1004/SPORTS

Tinsley (elbow) practiced Monday and is finally shooting with his right hand. Coach Rick Carlisle said there's no specific return date for Tinsley.

rexnom
02-21-2006, 09:25 AM
At least it's good to know he's practicing with the team, which is good. I think he is going to fit in just fine and he'll love this new offense.

Trader Joe
02-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I think Tins will be in uni tonight for some reason. Maybe not play but be dressed on the bench at least.
In that same article it goes on to say Cro is still not practicing which makes me think he may be traded.

Hicks
02-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Croshere not practicing has nothing to do with him being traded.

btowncolt
02-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Croshere not practicing has nothing to do with him being traded.

Definitely, concussions shouldn't be trifled with.

As for Tinsley, I'm much more curious to see what happens with him when we try to integrate him into the new offense than I am with JO. For all the crap JO gets, Tinsley dominates the ball more than anyone on the roster. Justifiably so at times, as his skill set is exactly what's needed to execute a half-court offense. But he's never really been asked to play without the ball too much, and when he has, he hasn't been very impactive (thanks, Jay!) doing so. And what does this mean for AJ? At the beginning of the year, he was playing third string PG and was racking up DNP's. But AJ has earned playing time, and shouldn't be relegated to the bench for Tinsley. Will Tinsley even start at first? If not, how long does he play Sarunas' role off the bench? And will Sarunas have to play some combo guard at times, and will he shut the hell up and actually try to play it? Can he be more impactive (thanks, Jay!) as an off-guard in a faster paced offense where designated roles aren't as important as your willingness to execute them?

Look, a basketball related post!

fifo
02-21-2006, 11:41 AM
And will Sarunas have to play some combo guard at times, and will he shut the hell up and actually try to play it? Can he be more impactive (thanks, Jay!) as an off-guard in a faster paced offense where designated roles aren't as important as your willingness to execute them?

I would bet that in a faster unselfish offense that actually moves the ball around, you will find Sarunas & Tinsley play together very well. The question is really weather Tinsley can adjust his game. I'm sure he'll look absolutely great in a fast-paced offense. The question is can he play a patient offense with less dribbles and more ball sharing.

D-BONE
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I think JT should not get significant minutes until somebody ahead of him at PG gets hurt or plays themselves out of the rotation. Unless Sarunas is going to be moved back to SG at times, but then somebody else gets compromised. The ideal development would be that the unselfish atmosphere of late carries over into guys being more accepting of abdicating to the returning players.

J_2_Da_IzzO
02-21-2006, 03:42 PM
With the team playing so well we do not need to rush him back.

I do however have worries that him coming back into the lineup will disrupt our flow because on occasions he can go into kobe mode even if he is not scoring. He needs to learn that if hes not hitting baskets he should look for the open man rather then go it alone. I think Jax has learnt this.

Everyone at the moment is saying JO will not go well with this up tempo offense but he has spoke out in favor of it but Tinsley has not said anything. Hopefully he realizes hes a much better player when he draws defenders and feeds the ball rather then putting up a difficult shot.