PDA

View Full Version : Sports Guy: Bill Simmons take on All-Star Weekend

Moses
02-20-2006, 02:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060220

Always a good read when you want to laugh about some things.

Did you hear that Anucha Browne Sanders wanted to settle with the Knicks for $2 million, but Isiah countered with $50 million over six years?

Unclebuck
02-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow that was great, although I now see yellow spots.

Jermaniac
02-20-2006, 04:20 PM
We should sign Charles Oakley lol

GO!!!!!
02-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Great 20 Min read, one of espn's better writters thats for sure

sweabs
02-20-2006, 05:46 PM
The dude is hillarious.

My personal favourite...just downright cold, but funny:

"Sitting two rows ahead of Joe Dumars, I was praying for Flip Saunders to accidentally put Dwyane Wade in with the four Pistons, just to see the expression on Joe D's face. Didn't happen."

Kegboy
02-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Yup, the end saved it.

pizza guy
02-20-2006, 08:53 PM
The Kyle Korver Award for "Most memorable posse"With apologies to Diddy, MJ, Shaq and Maciej, I'm going with Snoop -- we saw him before Sunday's game in the club section behind Section 118, flanked by four hostile looking bodyguards who must have weighed a combined 1,100 pounds. Put it this way: You don't want to approach Snoop for an autograph. Or a picture. Or a piece of gum. Or anything. In fact, it's not really a good idea to look at Snoop or acknowledge him in any way, unless you want to die.

Which made the following moment so great ...

A high school kid and his cute girlfriend wanted to take a picture with Snoop. So the kid approached one of Snoop's bodyguards, asked politely for a picture and was greeted by stony silence. Then, the kid turned around and showed the bodyguard his football jacket, which said "CLEMENS" on the back, as if the bodyguard was supposed to be impressed. That's when the bodyguard gave him the "All right, I'm going to kill you in five seconds, get the hell away from me" look. And the kid walked away, but not before telling his girlfriend, "If my dad was here, I would have been able to get a picture with Snoop."

So now we start looking at the kid ... and damned if he doesn't look like a younger, meatier Roger Clemens ... and then we realized ...

(Wait, this deserves its own award!)

Definetly hilarious! The stuff about MJ and Oak ("Oak wants your cheeseburger") was great as well.

Pig Nash
02-20-2006, 10:29 PM
That is one tasty Cheese Burger!

I want Simmons's life!