PDA

View Full Version : Cameras at Conseco

flakcatcher
02-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I've seen pics from games posted by other PD members. Does this mean cameras are allowed at games? I'm going to tomorrow's game, and didn't want to end up hauling my camera back to the car because they're prohibited
Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Still cameras, yes. Video - not really.

You can't bring in a super-long lens, although I've taken my 300mm lens in before (I just take the hood off so it doesn't look as long.)

Wait. That sounded dirty.

flakcatcher
02-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks, Jay. Here's the thing: Mine is a Fujifim Finepix digital that also does simple, 90-sec, no-sound movies -- although I never use that feature, and wouldn't at the game. Will this be a problem with security, you think?

Bball
02-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks, Jay. Here's the thing: Mine is a Fujifim Finepix digital that also does simple, 90-sec, no-sound movies -- although I never use that feature, and wouldn't at the game. Will this be a problem with security, you think?

I'd think if it looks like a 'snapshot' camera then they aren't going to pay much attention at all. When it comes to its extra video capabilities I would assume it is more of a "Don't ask, don't tell" thing. ;)

OTOH, if it looks like a video camera then you might have some issues.

EDIT: If it is a pocket sized camera would they even pay attention or see it?

...But I could be wrong.

-BBall

Doug
02-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Yep. No video cameras. They don't seem to have a problem with digital cameras that just happen to record short videos. In other words, as long as it doesn't look like a video camera, I don't think there would be a problem.

Although one time I forgot and just took the whole camera bag in with them. 35mm with multiple lenses, and the video camera. They just looked in the bag and asked if it was a digital and I said yes (even though technically it wasn't) and they said OK.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't think they're going to fret over a "still" camera that shoots short bursts of video.

heywoode
02-20-2006, 11:46 PM
You shouldn't have any problems with a still camera, even one that has a decent zoom lens or one that shoots video too. The security agents will be much more focused on other things to even look at what your camera is capable of doing.

Be prepared to remove all metal from your pockets and hold it in your hands outstretched as you get wanded. I've been to 6 games this year and that has happened at every single one. I usually take two cameras with me; one is a fairly big SLR with a 300mm lens (but it wasn't too long looking, hood or no hood Jay!!) and a smaller point and shoot palm sized Canon ELPH. Extra memory cards will set off the wands too, so you may as well have them out and in your hands too.

I will be attending tomorrow night's game as well....We got the Insider special and got 2 $30 tickets for the price of 1 (thanks Shade!)....I'll be in Section 226, Row 10. Hopefully it won't be full and we can move down to the first or second row of the balcony like I have at every other weekday game...I'll be wearing a medium blue colored long sleeved shirt and a blue Pacer hat, for all you photog snipers out there! I'll be the one that looks like he is smuggling a basketball in his shirt, right around the belly area.....I plan on getting there at 5:30 or so and being down by the court during early warmups for some more autographs, pictures, and to finally meet Mark Boyle....Be on the lookout Mark, I will finally come up to you this time!!

RWB
02-21-2006, 08:29 AM
and to finally meet Mark Boyle....Be on the lookout Mark, I will finally come up to you this time!!

Stalker....:-o ;)

heywoode
02-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Stalker....:-o ;)

Yup.

He has been warned as such. :-p