PDA

View Full Version : How far can we advance?

Jose Slaughter
02-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm encouraged by the play of late. I'm sure most others are as well. I know a lot depends on how O'Neal & Tinsley adjust to the new system, or vise virsa. So, how far do you see us going this year?

Jumper
02-20-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm the eternal optimist, if we can regain health and maintain the ball movement we have had as of late we will be tough to beat.

Skaut_Ech
02-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Oh, now you've gone and done it......:sunshine:

vs

:skeptical

Let's get ready to rumbbblllllleee........

317Kim
02-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I'd have to say that I think we'll make it out of the second round. :nod:

beast23
02-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Pacers will finish at a 4 or 5 seed, meaning that we will play the Pistons in the 2nd round. I don't see us beating the Pistons... in a 7-game series, anyway.

If the Pacers by some miracle would get by the Pistons, we will be the EC champs and go to the finals. Even with the problems we've had this year, I don't see Miami (2nd seed) or New Jersey (3rd seed) beating us in a 7-game series.

BoomBaby31
02-20-2006, 12:11 PM
If we get healthy I think we will give ANY team a run for their money. Please.. just beat Detroit though :) The Heat MAY get better when the playoffs hit but, we can take them. Detroit is strong; with our players healthy we would be their most tough oppenents to face in the eastern conference even over the Heat.

Raskolnikov
02-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Isn't 2nd round loss = lose in the semi's?

I voted Eastern Conference finals, but I didn't think of the fact we'll probably play the Pistoners in the second round already. I'm afraid we'll lose to them again. And again. And... :sigh:

Harmonica
02-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Don't even like thinking about it right now. I'm just enjoying the resurgence, game-by-game.

indytoad
02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
I'll be more inclined to think we can beat someone in the playoffs once we win some games on the road without having three days of rest against teams on the end of back-to-backs.

As of now we'd play the Cavs, and they'd kill us.

IndyToad
Begin and rabin

Fireball Kid
02-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I didnt vote because I'm trying to think about the season right now. And indytoad, I just love all of your posts.:sarcasm:

fifo
02-20-2006, 03:46 PM
IndyToad
Begin and rabin

?? Is this what I think it is?

indytoad
02-20-2006, 05:16 PM
?? Is this what I think it is?

I have no idea. It was a clue on my crossword puzzle that I couldn't figure out. Do you know what it is?

IndyToad
The answer was not "aria"

fifo
02-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I have no idea. It was a clue on my crossword puzzle that I couldn't figure out. Do you know what it is?

IndyToad
The answer was not "aria"

Begin, Rabin:
Those are family names of 2 former Israeli prime ministers.
Hope it helps.

indytoad
02-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Begin, Rabin:
Those are family names of 2 former Israeli prime ministers.
Hope it helps.

Well damn, now I wish I hadn't thrown it away.

I'll be ready next time.

IndyToad
No I won't

fifo
02-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Well damn, now I wish I hadn't thrown it away.

I'll be ready next time.

IndyToad
No I won't

If you only mean the stuff you write below your name, why write the upper part at all?
Save us the reading effort :rolleyes:

D-BONE
02-21-2006, 07:28 AM
20 votes for win the NBA title? Come now. Hope springs eternal amongst those at PD. I hope you are correct.

owl
02-21-2006, 08:02 AM
20 votes for win the NBA title? Come now. Hope springs eternal amongst those at PD. I hope you are correct.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

The balance of mental power is shifting to the positive side. That is what has
killed the Pacers the past few years. The Pacers were too mentally weak to
compete. With Ron gone and Peja in, along with Tinsley not playing and
Sarunas on board with lots of big game experience in championships overseas
the finals are a possibility. Health has to be on our side of course as it relates
especially to Pollard and JO. Add Granger's mental toughness and I see a
totally different mind set on the team.

owl

Will Galen
02-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Isn't 2nd round loss = lose in the semi's?

Yes!

Slick Pinkham
02-21-2006, 10:40 AM
wow

win an NBA championship?

The sunshine brigade is alive. Maybe some got a little too much sunburn and aren't thinking clearly.

RWB
02-21-2006, 10:47 AM
wow

win an NBA championship?

The sunshine brigade is alive. Maybe some got a little too much sunburn and aren't thinking clearly.

Or maybe too many folks hanging out with Ricky Williams.

Jose Slaughter
02-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I think with Harrison, Pollard & Foster getting rebounds, Peja, Jackson Saras & Croshere hitting from downtown and the improved play of Granger & Jones, we could win the East this year.

We seem to have added pieces where pieces needed to be added.

The only area of concern for me is how this group handles playoff pressure.

KINGS FAN
02-21-2006, 02:21 PM
I think with Harrison, Pollard & Foster getting rebounds, Peja, Jackson Saras & Croshere hitting from downtown and the improved play of Granger & Jones, we could win the East this year.

We seem to have added pieces where pieces needed to be added.

The only area of concern for me is how this group handles playoff pressure. i hope i dont sound crazy but i think if jermaine comes back he might ruin the great chemistry that you guys have by coming back from his injury. the same thing happened to the kings when webb came back in 2003-04. what do you guy think? im not saying thats gonna happen im just saying that theres a good chance.

Slick Pinkham
02-21-2006, 02:24 PM
i hope i dont sound crazy but i think if jermaine comes back he might ruin the great chemistry that you guys have by coming back from his injury. the same thing happened to the kings when webb came back in 2003-04.

JO >> CWebb, Carlisle >> Adelman

Los Angeles
02-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Ask me in a couple of months.

Julius Sour
02-21-2006, 04:45 PM
I did go for Win the NBA Championship

You Bet !

I BELIEVE! though me is "an overseas euro", biach :D

Js

[EDIT, same day FLE standart time 22:46]

Russia's 3:1 over USA hockey team.
NBA Basketball what? NBA Basketball supremacy will be stood up to... Peking 2008 ?

Lads me's foolin' around, THE WORLD IS ROUND. THE BALL IS ROUND. (don't Ya have this saying on the "flat land"?)

22:53 it's 3:2 now. Last 20 mins to go. What a game!

SoupIsGood
02-21-2006, 10:25 PM
It depends how many games we win in the playoffs
:fight: