PDA

View Full Version : Artest ...dirty player?

Romsey31
02-17-2006, 01:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sports Illustrated asked 248 players, ``Who is the dirtiest player in the NBA?''

The runaway pick was Seattle's Danny Fortson, with 27 percent of the vote, followed by San Antonio's Bruce Bowen, 16 percent, and Seattle's Reggie Evans and Sacramento's Ron Artest with 9 percent each

I'd say Ray allen voted for Bowen & PP voted 3 times for Artest:D
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/02/07/poll.0207/

grace
02-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Poor Ron. He pulls down Paul Pierce's shorts ONE time and people still think he's dirty.

;)

Trader Joe
02-17-2006, 01:16 PM
I really don't think ROn is that dirty of a player on the court. Off the court, well, thats another story.

Anthem
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Ron plays pretty clean. He rarely gets flagrants anymore, and doesn't get that many technicals.

Other stuff is another story.

CableKC
02-17-2006, 01:38 PM
All defensive minded players like Artest ( like Bowen or Ben Wallace ) are always considered dirty players. But this is a result of their "aggressive" style of defense......they reach, bump and poke more then everyone else. Opposing players may not like it....but that is what players like Artest and Bowen are supposed to do......harass the player they are defending as much as they are allowed to so that they don't make the basket.

Shade
02-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Poor Ron. He pulls down Paul Pierce's shorts ONE time and people still think he's dirty.

;)

I think the post-game serenade clinched it.

Shade
02-17-2006, 01:44 PM
All defensive minded players like Artest ( like Bowen or Ben Wallace ) are always considered dirty players. But this is a result of their "aggressive" style of defense......they reach, bump and poke more then everyone else. Opposing players may not like it....but that is what players like Artest and Bowen are supposed to do......harass the player they are defending as much as they are allowed to so that they don't make the basket.

In the case of Bowen, however, the label is legit. He steps under every jump shooter he defends against. That's dangerous.

Ben Wallace goes over the back CONSTANTLY, but never gets called for it. I blame the refs for that more than I do him, though, bit it's still irritating as hell to watch ad nauseum. However, It was pretty funny watching the hypocrisy when Ben whined while Shaq kept doing the same thing to him over and over again with no call.

As for Artest, I don't think he's "dirty" in the sense that he intends to hurt somebody. He's just wild. There aren't really that many players with that mentality, IMO. Danny Fortson comes to mind as a dirty player. Maybe Zo as well. Karl Malone was absolutely a dirty player, but he was also from an age that spawned an abundance of dirty players.

OhMyGodHeFumbles
02-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Danny Fortson should be banned from playing in the NBA because he is :censored::censored:!! He keeps the world record in total players injured and players injured per game.

I dislike this guy so much that i would have no problem saying that i h.a.t.e. him if it weren`t :censored:

The Chuck Norris Guy called Shade could help if he wanted. Call Chuck to :buttkick:Danny

Unclebuck
02-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Ron plays pretty clean. He rarely gets flagrants anymore, and doesn't get that many technicals.

Other stuff is another story.

He hasn't had one in over two years

CableKC
02-17-2006, 09:47 PM
He hasn't had one in over two years
Oddly enough.....Artest also proved to be the most durable...he did not miss 1 game due to injury in the last 2 seasons.

Pacesetter
02-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Artest is just dangerous ... he'll be involved in many more injuries such as the one with Shaq this year. He was also incredibly physical with his own teammates in this year's fanjam - so much so I was worried one of the players might get hurt! Of course what would someone expect from a player that brags about breaking MJ's ribs?

BlueNGold
02-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Artest is no thug, although he tries to market himself as one.

Danny Fortson, however, is the NBA's version of Bill Romanowski and should be playing for the Raiders. I would pay big money to see a Fortson v Shaq fight.