PDA

View Full Version : New MJ commercial

Romsey31
02-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Anyone see the new "let ur game speak" MJ commercial? The ones with different people & cultures imitating stuff MJ did? It ends with a little guy shrugs like what MJ did when he hit 6 threes in the first qtr while MJ looks on from the side of the court smiling.....by far the best MJ commercial ever

pizza guy
02-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Not yet, but I'll be watching for it.

rexnom
02-17-2006, 11:33 AM
I watched it online...loved it...one of the best nike commercials of all time.

Jermaniac
02-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Great commercial I loved it.

sweabs
02-17-2006, 11:39 AM
I watched it online...loved it...one of the best nike commercials of all time.

Could you hook us up with a link?

efx
02-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Regardless of what one thinks of MJ that commerciaal was very well made. Spot on imitations.

KINGS FAN
02-17-2006, 01:12 PM
i know its better then kobes commercial thats for sure.

317Kim
02-17-2006, 03:57 PM
It's good. I like that one and Amare's.

JBones19
02-17-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm not trying to play the race card or anything, but why don't any of these commercials have white kids in them? I realize the NBA has its "hip-hop" image to uphold and the majority of the players are African American. I just think it would've been cool to maybe have a broader ethnicity covered in that commercial- like Gatorade does with theirs.

-J

N8R
02-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Not the new one but one I hadn't seen before:

http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/Michael_Jordan_Commercial__What_is_Love_12829.html

CableKC
02-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I like it much better then the Kobe commercial.

DeAthrow
02-17-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm not trying to play the race card or anything, but why don't any of these commercials have white kids in them? I realize the NBA has its "hip-hop" image to uphold and the majority of the players are African American. I just think it would've been cool to maybe have a broader ethnicity covered in that commercial- like Gatorade does with theirs.

-J

Maybe they need a reminder who the majority of the ticket buyers are.

18to88
02-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Newest commercial is great.

N8R
02-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Anyone have a link to the new one this thread is about? If you do can you please post it.

18to88
02-17-2006, 05:48 PM
You have to go to www.jumpman23.com and navigate through it. There is no direct link. Check out the Seven Strands thing too. When you get to the main menu, the XXI part is the picture of the kid dribbling the ball.

Anthem
02-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Tried to download it, but I'm having problems.

I've got to say, without this thread I'd never have noticed that all the kids were black.

N8R
02-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Such the best commercial EVER

JBones19
02-17-2006, 06:58 PM
"I've got to say, without this thread I'd never have noticed that all the kids were black."

Well I guess this is the only commercial I have ever really noticed it- that's why I commented on it, but then again the kid that portrays Craig Ehlo in one of the scenes is white, so I guess they were being consistant. Again, wasn't trying to racist, just making an observation.

-J

Pig Nash
02-18-2006, 10:33 AM
And there was a chinese? kid in their holding the ball with one hand away from the defender.

JBones19
02-18-2006, 07:48 PM
And there was a chinese? kid in their holding the ball with one hand away from the defender.

You know what? You're right, I missed that. Ok so nevermind then.

-J

18to88
02-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Scratch that, I just saw it.

A good commercial, I just hope that isnt the music they play when its shown on TV, that music gets annoyin very fast

No thats the music they play on TV. I don't think its annoying.

clownskull
02-20-2006, 12:46 AM
most of the imitations were pretty close. however, the one where the kid emulates m.j.'s shot against utah in the championship was not very close at all. it completely avoided the blatant offensive foul jordan committed in real life. that kid did the manuever clean with no shove-off.

Stryder
02-20-2006, 08:02 AM
most of the imitations were pretty close. however, the one where the kid emulates m.j.'s shot against utah in the championship was not very close at all. it completely avoided the blatant offensive foul jordan committed in real life. that kid did the manuever clean with no shove-off.

Hehe. The first time I saw the commercial, I noticed that, too.

Romsey31
02-20-2006, 10:28 AM
You know what? You're right, I missed that. Ok so nevermind then.

-J
Gosh u guys are racist.

JBones19
02-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I am the epitome of racism I think :P

-J

Romsey31
02-20-2006, 03:42 PM
I am the epitome of racism I think :P

-J
sad...

JBones19
02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
sarcasm...

NaptownBound
02-21-2006, 09:31 AM
"I've got to say, without this thread I'd never have noticed that all the kids were black."

Well I guess this is the only commercial I have ever really noticed it- that's why I commented on it, but then again the kid that portrays Craig Ehlo in one of the scenes is white, so I guess they were being consistant. Again, wasn't trying to racist, just making an observation.

-J

Also, the guy portraying MJ jumping in the air in that Ehlo scene is white too. You obviously weren't paying attention as closely as you thought.

JBones19
02-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Also, the guy portraying MJ jumping in the air in that Ehlo scene is white too. You obviously weren't paying attention as closely as you thought.

Well good sir, if you want to get technical, he looks to be more of a Jason Kidd type, obviously you've paid too close attention.

-J

NaptownBound
02-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Well good sir, if you want to get technical, he looks to be more of a Jason Kidd type, obviously you've paid too close attention.

no, that's not it.
that guy is just white. yep, that's it.

Since86
02-21-2006, 04:30 PM
no, that's not it.
that guy is just white. yep, that's it.

I thought he was hispanic :shrug:

NaptownBound
02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Who the hell cares?

The kicks are decent, and I copped a pair last night.

Who cares who or what is in the commercial

I don't personally... but buddy was trying talk like it was some conspiracy in the commercial... hell, just enjoy it for what it is... a dope commercial.

cramerica
02-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I have to say that the one with his actual highlights in it was quite enjoyable. I didn't want it to end.

I'll never forget his comeback game against us.

JBones19
02-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I don't personally... but buddy was trying talk like it was some conspiracy in the commercial... hell, just enjoy it for what it is... a dope commercial.

Conspiracy conshpearacy, but it is my fault, I should know better than to put my opinion on a messege board and not expect to get others views on it. I guess this all stems from me not liking Jordan, he was a hell of a player, I just didn't like him. I could go into the Nike Kobe commercial too, but I don't even think it deserves its own thread.

-J

BoomBaby31
02-21-2006, 10:39 PM

-J

They did have 1 white kid in the commercial they had him get "shook" by the black kid. I think it's pretty bad, they do that; matter of fact it pisses me off. 1 white kid in the commercial and it's just him getting his ankles broke watch for it he has a head band on.

JBones19
02-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I guess it really isn't that big of a deal either way, I just wanted to see what people thought. Racism is such a touchy subject but it just seems like there are many occasions where it could be borderline either way and spun either way.

-J

BoomBaby31
02-22-2006, 01:27 AM
I guess it really isn't that big of a deal either way, I just wanted to see what people thought. Racism is such a touchy subject but it just seems like there are many occasions where it could be borderline either way and spun in that way.

-J

It is touchy but, it's touchy on either end. It is a two way street, only white kid in the commercial and they have him get shook that isn't a coincodance. All in All I still love the commercial MJ is awesome his shoes are still the best ( I have a pair on right now). His shoes are so badass they can re-release the old ones, price them higher, and sell more then ever. They did it with the (13th?) Love the commercial just don't like how they have the ONLY white kid being shook. It be different if there was even 3 white kids but it was the only one. Okay done with this discussion. Good commercial :D

Kestas
02-22-2006, 01:46 AM
hell, just enjoy it for what it is... a dope commercial.

the moment where kid slips, gets up and scores is traveling imo
:D :-p

Jon Theodore
02-22-2006, 12:14 PM
that commercial gave me goosebumps

circlecitysportsfan
02-22-2006, 01:58 PM
It is touchy but, it's touchy on either end. It is a two way street, only white kid in the commercial and they have him get shook that isn't a coincodance. All in All I still love the commercial MJ is awesome his shoes are still the best ( I have a pair on right now). His shoes are so badass they can re-release the old ones, price them higher, and sell more then ever. They did it with the (13th?) Love the commercial just don't like how they have the ONLY white kid being shook. It be different if there was even 3 white kids but it was the only one. Okay done with this discussion. Good commercial :D

They were doing remakes of MJ's greatest shots, maybe since MJ isn't white, the only room for a white guy in the commercial is to be getting shook. Hell there were more black kids getting shook than white ones. And for the poster who said "they need to be reminded who's buying tickets" MJ could give a rats *** who buys NBA tickets, he's selling shoes. 40 year old white men are not buying his shoes. :rolleyes: And roomsey i told you on the rats board how these peeps are didn't I?

Since86
02-22-2006, 02:47 PM
And roomsey i told you on the rats board how these peeps are didn't I?

Oh why, oh why are you here then? Obviously the place means something to you, if you take the time to make an account, log in, and check the place.

Save you the heartache/frustration of how we "peeps" (are we back in jr. high?) are, and stay over at RATS. That would keep you, and us, feeling much better.

Good day to you sir.:censored:

DeAthrow
02-22-2006, 03:00 PM
And roomsey i told you on the rats board how these peeps are didn't I?

Care to elaborate on that?

BoomBaby31
02-22-2006, 03:40 PM
They were doing remakes of MJ's greatest shots, maybe since MJ isn't white, the only room for a white guy in the commercial is to be getting shook. Hell there were more black kids getting shook than white ones. And for the poster who said "they need to be reminded who's buying tickets" MJ could give a rats *** who buys NBA tickets, he's selling shoes. 40 year old white men are not buying his shoes. :rolleyes: And roomsey i told you on the rats board how these peeps are didn't I?

You are right 40 year old white guys aren't buying his shoes (well some are) but, those 40 year old dads are the ones buying them for their kids. I'm just saying it's weird the only white kid in the commercial he gets shook. He could have just been an extra and stood around but, the fact they made him get shook. It's like the old movies where an all white movie except for the black maid, the maid is a little worse but, still a good comparision. Okay done with this subject .. agian it is an AWESOME COMMERCIAL, and his shoes are the best i'm wearing a pair right now.

JBones19
02-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Any peep that admits that they post on a RATS board loses a lil bit-o credibility imo.

-J

Stryder
02-22-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm a 24 year old white guy and I own/have owned quite a few pairs of Jordans.

circlecitysportsfan
02-23-2006, 12:57 AM
You are right 40 year old white guys aren't buying his shoes (well some are) but, those 40 year old dads are the ones buying them for their kids. I'm just saying it's weird the only white kid in the commercial he gets shook. He could have just been an extra and stood around but, the fact they made him get shook. It's like the old movies where an all white movie except for the black maid, the maid is a little worse but, still a good comparision. Okay done with this subject .. agian it is an AWESOME COMMERCIAL, and his shoes are the best i'm wearing a pair right now.

So who else (if your making the commericial realistic) should they have used for that part? I don't think for one minute it was done with racial intent, I can't believe somebody would even have pointed that out. It must be on the mind i guess.

circlecitysportsfan
02-23-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm a 24 year old white guy and I own/have owned quite a few pairs of Jordans.

I didn't say young people were not buying them, but don't tell me 40 year old men are buying them in large numbers. So why would MJ market to them?

circlecitysportsfan
02-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Any peep that admits that they post on a RATS board loses a lil bit-o credibility imo.

-J

Says you? And your real important...how again?

JBones19
02-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Says you? And your real important...how again?

Yes says me- and I said In My Opinion- sorry to get your panties in a jumble, but I've seen those RATS boards, they are awful, and don't tell me I'm the only one that thinks that. And as far as my importance, can't you tell from my avatar??! I'm JO's body guard. (not really, just wanted to pull a Costner for a second)

-J

BoomBaby31
02-23-2006, 01:36 PM
So who else (if your making the commericial realistic) should they have used for that part? I don't think for one minute it was done with racial intent, I can't believe somebody would even have pointed that out. It must be on the mind i guess.

Okay, my bad it's just the BIGGEST coincodance in the world sorry. 10 kids on the court, 50 kids in the back ground and 1 white kid and he's getting shook

circlecitysportsfan
02-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Okay, my bad it's just the BIGGEST coincodance in the world sorry. 10 kids on the court, 50 kids in the back ground and 1 white kid and he's getting shook

So your saying that the commercial was done the purpose of embarrasing a white kid? I don't think so, the last thing MJ is a racist. Looks like you have some racial issuses to deal with.

Kaufman
03-02-2006, 08:42 PM
:bump:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=rovell/060302

An interesting story written by Darren Rovell. I don't enjoy supporting ESPN otherwise but a nice review of how the commerical was put together.

I love the commercial, by the way. To say it's his best might be a bit of a stretch but I think its right up there with the rest of them.

Kaufman
03-02-2006, 08:50 PM
kisses.

Mordecaii
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Sometimes it really makes me angry how some people have nothing to do than try to find something "politically INcorrect" about every little thing they see... Who cares if there were mostly black athletes in the commercial? Are you going to start saying NBA teams are racial because they don't have a 50/50 ratio between white and black players? Let it rest already, it's a non-issue until someone comes along *****ing about it.

ajbry
03-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Definitely an awesome commerical, can't get enough of it. One of my all-time favorites.

aldoc2
03-03-2006, 07:17 PM
please let this thread die

Kaufman
03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
VA I'm with you, I'm a lover as well.

Don't be a hater, do it for the kids.

Shade
03-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Just saw this on ESPN. It's a well-made commercial, but I'm just tired of the Jordan-idolizing, even after all this time.

Plus, the last scenario wasn't quite "spot-on"; it was missing the push-off. ;)

Kaufman
03-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Shade, I guess maybe I'm misinterpreting your comment, but what is wrong with idolizing Michael Jordan? No he wasn't perfect, he had hangups, and more than one at that. But he was and is a largely successful person and self made, at that. There's a lot of qualities within him that I think are quite worth emulating.