PDA

View Full Version : The Player who tries Hardest

OhMyGodHeFumbles
02-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Have you noticed anybody who leaves his body, heart and soul on the court to help his team win? Everybody is talking about soft guys, let`s check out who the tough guys are. And not tough meaning willing to fight and injure other guys, but to lead their teams to success.

Hicks
02-17-2006, 11:48 AM
I've never seen someone do so every single night, but the first guy who popped in my head was Reggie Miller in the playoffs specifically. There have been many.

Major Cold
02-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Dwayne Wade is showing the NBA that nothing can hold him down. When he went off on the Pistons in the 4th I was utterly amazed.

Manu is like that in a sense, but the all-time would have to be MJ.

Pacersfan46
02-17-2006, 12:19 PM
As far as all out effort, I'd have to say Rodman, and Artest. Both 2 of the hardest workers on the court I've ever seen, and 2 of the strangest people as well.

RWB
02-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Former pacer Woody Workman...

Pacersfan46
02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Oooh forgot about Workman. Love that guy ....

Jermaniac
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Jermaine O'Neal, Allen Iverson, Kobe

Skaut_Ech
02-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Joe.

Dumars.

brichard
02-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Gotta go with Artest here.

OhMyGodHeFumbles
02-17-2006, 01:03 PM
All time- MJ (The guy was literally ready to do whatever it takes to win it and he did it game after game)

These days- Bobby Jackson

Actually, Kobe is trying hard but he is kinda "I`m the center of the universe" guy, and he is not playing for the team. MJ did assist when it was about winning, Kobe sees nothing but the basket.

Iverson often gets rattled, he`ll shoot 0-20 but won`t give the ball so i don`t like him.

Pacersfan46
02-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Like and dislike has nothing to do with the effort a player gives.

Kegboy
02-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Workman.

Grace sent me this thread and said Rita Williams, who is a good choice nobody here would get. She ended up on the floor a good 5 times a game. In fact, I could name at least a dozen women players who IMHO work harder than any NBA player.

efx
02-17-2006, 02:01 PM
I'd say AI personally.

Skaut_Ech
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Ya know, giving it some thought, I'd had to put Kurt Rambis pretty high up there. That guy always operated in high gear, to the point of recklessness.

LjuboDaMan
02-17-2006, 02:35 PM
AI

OhMyGodHeFumbles
02-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Like and dislike has nothing to do with the effort a player gives.

It was about liking their effort. I meant I didn`t like what they do to help their teams.

18to88
02-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Stephen Jackson

02-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Today: AI, Kobe, Artest.
90s: ReggieMiller, MJ, Rodman, Pippen.
80s: Larry Bird, Magic.

Bball
02-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Anthony Johnson

-Bball

Cactus Jax
02-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Now: Ron Artest, Dwyane Wade, KG, AK47, Steve Nash.
Past: DD, MJ, Bernard King in his prime, Bird, Magic.

PaceBalls
02-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Our very own team has been really puttin forth a good effort, and out of the Pacers I would say AJ always comes to play. I have been very impressed with his game. SJax is a warrior. I love his effort even through all the turn overs and dumb plays, you know he is giving it his all. Granger has that full balls style as well.
Those are the 3 that stand out on our team to me.
Guys that don't. JO half the time and Tinsley most the time. It's no surprise we are winning when they aren't playing.

Los Angeles
02-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Workman.

Grace sent me this thread and said Rita Williams, who is a good choice nobody here would get. She ended up on the floor a good 5 times a game. In fact, I could name at least a dozen women players who IMHO work harder than any NBA player.
Please do. I don't know much about women's basketball, so I'd like a quick course if you can spare the time.

Mr. Pink
02-17-2006, 03:52 PM
The little girl in Section two with the Pom Poms

Kegboy
02-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Please do. I don't know much about women's basketball, so I'd like a quick course if you can spare the time.

Oh, let's see.

Cynthia Cooper: The MJ of the WNBA's early years. She went on to coach Phoenix, and one game at Conseco she was so furious at her players for not competing I swear she could have punched a couple of them.

Katie Douglas: The only time I didn't see her put out 100% effort was in Purdue's loss to Oklahoma State in '00. I later found out her mom was on her death bed from cancer less than a year after her dad died of cancer.

Tamika Catchings: Just a wirlwind on the court. Winters has tamed her some, getting her to play smarter and conserve energy, but she gets beat on more than probably anybody in the league, and she takes it. She's been carried off the court a number of times only to come back in the second half.

Teresa Witherspoon: Old school fart who ran circles around girls half her age. It's gonna take a long time before New York recovers from her retiring.

Swin Cash: A Bruce Bowen analogue, albeit with a real offensive game. She's all hands, I swear she's gotten to third base with half the league on the court.

Debbie Black: A 5'4", old ***** who was the lynchpin to Rothstein's defensive masterpiece in Miami. She got steals like Stockton did, which is not a compliment. Dirty, dirty player who just exhausted the opposition.

Rita Williams: Fever PG in the expansion days. She waxed the floor with her uniform.

Here, I found this. Looking over it, I've seen Smith not show up for games, and I can't give either Bird or Jackson credit after how Seattle folded last year. Leslie falls victim to Wilt-syndrome with me, she's so good you always think she could be doing more.

http://aol.wnba.com/features/toughest_players.html

kerosene
02-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Iverson definitely.

N8R
02-17-2006, 06:07 PM
D Wade

D-BONE
02-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Ya know, giving it some thought, I'd had to put Kurt Rambis pretty high up there. That guy always operated in high gear, to the point of recklessness.

Right on!! D-Squared when in a Pacer uni and Bernard King also both great suggestions. How about Buck Williams? Dude was the quintessential glass eater and kind of the precursor to Dale except during certain periods he put up more offensive numbers I think.