PDA

View Full Version : Pacers fan survey #2 (for game thread readers/posters)

rabid
02-16-2006, 02:59 PM
OK folks, this is a follow-up survey to the one I did several weeks ago.

This survey is much shorter than the first, and specifically geared towards people who read OR post in message board threads DURING GAMES.

The goal is to help determine what works and doesn't work about these threads - why people post in them and what sort of system could be designed to improve communication between fans during games.

The follow-up to this will be another (better thought-out, I hope) invitation to try some live VOICE CHAT sessions over the next few weeks.

I'm going to compare the good and bad elements of the voice chat with the good and bad elements of the game threads. Out of all this, I'm going to propose a design of a stand-alone communication application that the fans can use during games. It will likely include one or more of the following:

- voice chat
- text chat
- visual avatars OR some sort of visual indication of how rowdy we are getting as fans (I'll need to explain this in more detail later)
- live unofficial stat updates (entered by us)
- activities during halftime and/or timeouts (trivia, guess-the-stat contests, etc)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so all the official jargon-y stuff is below, followed by the link to the survey. Again, THANKS FOR YOU HELP!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am conducting research on fan participation in sporting events, and am using fans of the Indiana Pacers as an example. I would like to invite readers of Pacers Digest (age 18 and older) to participate in an online survey regarding fan behavior during sporting events. Information collected in the survey will involve your usage of message boards and chat rooms, the sorts of things you do at sporting events, and the types of media (TV, radio, internet) you use to experience sporting events. You will not be asked for your name, and the information collected in this survey will be used only for this research project.
If you would like to participate in this survey, please click on the following link and complete the survey. It should take about 15 minutes. Further information regarding this study is included below.
Thank you for your time.
When you are ready to take the survey, click the link below:http://sulu.informatics<wbr>.indiana.edu/~gweldon/study/ (http://sulu.informatics.indiana.edu/%7Egweldon/study/)

able
02-16-2006, 05:58 PM
:bump:

CableKC
02-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Done and Done.

Hicks
02-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Done.

rabid
02-16-2006, 10:04 PM
BUMP

Hicks
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Sorry for not sticking this, but it's getting pretty packed up there.

t1hs0n
02-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Done and sent the link to a buddy that is a grad of the IU school of infomatics.

obnoxiousmodesty
02-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Done, my good fellow. Good luck with your work!

rabid
02-17-2006, 02:24 AM
Sorry for not sticking this, but it's getting pretty packed up there.

Understood. This one will only be up for a few days anyway.

BUMP! :)

rabid
02-19-2006, 03:00 PM
bumpitty-bump-bump