PDA

View Full Version : Great game

Harddrive7
02-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Let me start off by saying that I have a 1956 Olympus 1.3 Megapixel Digital camera. The pics didn't come out like I had hoped. Very blurry.

Thanks again Mr. Boyle, I have never been that close to the floor for a real game, just scrimmages and so forth. That was an experience that I'll never forget.

The gentleman in front of my son won't forget it either. My son's drink slipped out of his hand and splashed all over this guy in front of him. The ice actually went down the back of his pants. He wasn't very happy. We apologized over and over again but it didn't seem to do any good. Everytime we said we were sorry the guy was like, "yeah" My son felt horrible.

The game:

When I saw Jax on the scoreboard monitor shadow boxing the camera and showing some dance steps before coming out of the tunnel, I could tell that he had his mind on everything but the game. He looked like a kid with 2 hours to go before the school bell rang before summer break. I think I saw Jax' headband fly off he was yanked so quick. Good for Carlisle, he sees that someone is going to be a liability to us getting off to a good start and BAM, yank his butt.

His head just wasn't in it and looked simply horrible offensively. Somehow he managed to squeak out some pretty good defense though. All in all it wasn't one of his better games.

I don't care what some of you guys say, AJ does have some quicks. He was all over the place seeming to score at will. He really looks good. He yells a lot more out there than I thought. He plays pretty decent D too.

Harrison is a big kid that creates so much space under the basket. I loved watching Bogut try to move him only to give up and try to go underneath David to falling on the court and looking at the ref like it was the refs fault.

Danger, ALL OVER THE PLACE, EVERYWHERE. I mean that as literal as one can be. There were five Dangers on the court it seemed. He looks like he's been in the league for years and he's just getting started.

Peja has a beautiful game. It really is beautiful, I can't of any other word to describe it. He moves very fluently, almost glides if you will. His shot looks like it's going in almost everytime. BTW, he DOES play pretty good defense.

My son wondered why Tinsley wasn't out there, I explained that he was hurt. My son was like so what, I'm hurt all of the time and I still have to participate in gym. I told him that was a little different, he said yeah, I don't make millions of dollars. What's that saying? From a babe's mouth?

I can kind of see now why some aren't so huge on Saras starting. He's got something, no doubt about that. But it seems that he's missing something as well that I can't quite put my finger on. Athletism maybe? It's like he can pass, If that's all we need for him to do then sobeit I guess. I dunno, just didn't care for his game that much. Maybe it was just last night.

All in all it was a great game to be at. I wanted to go down and say hi to Mark and thank him personally but I never saw him until right before the game started. I yelled but he didn't hear me as he walked past. He was busy anyway so I really didn't want to bother him.

BTW, that was a very small crowd last night.

I guess that I could post a few pics. Boomer got right into my mug when I was going to take a pic of him so I got a VERY close up of him. Got some game shots that you can almost make out but they're not really doing anything. I was trying to watch the game and take pics. that's very hard to do. Let me know guys if you want me to post them anyway.

Thanks again Mark, that was awesome. My son and I had a wonderful time.

mboyle1313
02-16-2006, 09:43 AM

Glad you had a good time.

I'm hoping the guy your son spilled his drink on was the guy that usually sits in those seats. My wife says this guy stands all the time, with no regard for the people behind him. He's a pretty big guy, so it's difficult to see around him. Plus, his wife apparently has no mind of her own and gets up whenever he does, further obstructing the view of those behind. I tell my wife to tell this guy to sit down, but she's not cut from the same cloth that I am, which on balance is probably a good thing.

Anyway, if this is the guy that got drenched I owe you one.

MJB

btowncolt
02-16-2006, 09:52 AM

I'm hoping the guy your son spilled his drink on was the guy that usually sits in those seats. My wife says this guy stands all the time, with no regard for the people behind him. He's a pretty big guy, so it's difficult to see around him. Plus, his wife apparently has no mind of her own and gets up whenever he does, further obstructing the view of those behind. I tell my wife to tell this guy to sit down, but she's not cut from the same cloth that I am, which on balance is probably a good thing.

MJB

:laugh:

Heck, I'll dish out 30 bucks for three pizzas to dump on him next time the tickets are being given away.

naptownmenace
02-16-2006, 09:54 AM

MJB

Hilarious. :laugh:

Mark, I love your sense of humor. Man do I hate living in Cincy and not being able to listen to you and Slick. :mad:

Harddrive7
02-16-2006, 09:57 AM

MJB

Nah, it was a thin guy and his buddies, I don't think that they could have told you who won that game. They talked and laughed about everything but the game. The guy my son got always had his head turned talking to his friends constantly. I have no idea why they were there in the first place. Seats that good and you do the same thing that could be done in one's livingroom. Just doesn't make sense to me.

GO!!!!!
02-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Thats awesome, what a great recap and great comments, I love this place...

Glad you had a awesome Time HD7, was a great game to be at and thanks for the recap

Lord Helmet
02-16-2006, 05:46 PM
That is one of my pet peeves. People who just sit and yap and don't even watch the game.

Then they get mad if you stand up after a nice play and cheer.

Friggin' annoying. All the business execs who just want to talk "business" . Watch the damn game, or let some of the true fans who are upstairs have your seats, Jesus.

I'm not trying to single out people, just the ones that seem like they have no place at the game.

18to88
02-16-2006, 06:47 PM
That is one of my pet peeves. People who just sit and yap and don't even watch the game.

Then they get mad if you stand up after a nice play and cheer.

Friggin' annoying. All the business execs who just want to talk "business" . Watch the damn game, or let some of the true fans who are upstairs have your seats, Jesus.

I'm not trying to single out people, just the ones that seem like they have no place at the game.

Why? They paid for the seats, they can do what they want in them. It's not anyone's right to sit there.

Lord Helmet
02-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Why? They paid for the seats, they can do what they want in them. It's not anyone's right to sit there.
I guess what I'm saying, is that in my perfect world, the people who are the true fans sit downstairs.

I just get annoyed when I see people not even watching the game and just talking about random stuff. A true fan deserves to sit there and not let that seat get wasted.

Pacesetter
02-17-2006, 09:00 AM
I don't think that they could have told you who won that game. They talked and laughed about everything but the game. The guy my son got always had his head turned talking to his friends constantly. I have no idea why they were there in the first place. Seats that good and you do the same thing that could be done in one's livingroom. Just doesn't make sense to me.

It's called corporate freebies!

What's sad to me is the best fans are in the top half of Conseco. The exact opposite of where we need them, imo. :D