PDA

View Full Version : Pacers are rebounding the ball!

Pacesetter
02-16-2006, 04:10 AM
According to the statistics, the Pacers are #1 in rebounds over the last 5 games. They have averaged 52.2 leading the NBA in the category, with runner up Chicago a ways back at 45.4.

Check this out: In the last 7 games the Pacers have gone 5-2, and have averaged 49.5 total rebs, with 35 Defensive rpg, and a whopping 14.5 offensive rpg's.

Some folks here at this forum questioned Jeff Foster about a month ago in regards to his rebounding ability. I can understand people being short sighted but the guy was still recovering from hip surgery and hadn't regained his form. Now, hopefully, the same people who called Foster out for not rebounding (or getting the "easy" rebounds), can see the sort of influence he has on this team. Scot has been no less brilliant in the same period.

In the last 6 games Foster has garnered 30 offensive rebs, 35 defensive rebs = 65 total, for an average of 5 - 6 - 11. Amazing stats!

Scot has been amazing as well. In the last 7 games he has a total of 20 offensive rebs, 38 defensive rebs, and 58 overall, for an average of 3 - 5 - 8.

This team has been very successful in the last 7 games going 5 and 2 and nearly knocking off the WC's. Harrison is starting to keep his bearing in close games, Danny is playing like a stud, AJ is starting to bust his crust, Sarunas is learning and growing every game, Fred Jones is finishing plays better and with more determination, Peja is picking up the vibrance of the unit, Jack is starting to feel comfortable playing here in Indiana, and Coach Carlisle is seemingly loosenin up a bit.

I'm so proud of this team, and what they've done these last 7 games that I'm gobsmacked, for the lack of a better term! These guys are rollin & rebounds have been a big part of the teams success!

Go Pacers!!!! :cool:

Lithfan
02-16-2006, 04:19 AM
Nice stats Pacesetter!

Any particular reason for revolution?

From being loss reason to winning guaranty... :devil:

Unclebuck
02-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Why the better rebounding. Well as Jeff Foster sid after the game last night in regards to the rebounding. Scot and I usually block out and then who ever is closest goes and gets the ball. Read whatever you want to about that comment.

There are several reasons why the Pacers are rebounding so well. J.O is out, and he never blocks out so that right there is a huge factor. Offensive rebounding is better because there is more ball and player movement, and more penetration.

Lithfan
02-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Why the better rebounding. Well as Jeff Foster sid after the game last night in regards to the rebounding. Scot and I usually block out and then who ever is closest goes and gets the ball. Read whatever you want to about that comment.

There are several reasons why the Pacers are rebounding so well. J.O is out, and he never blocks out so that right there is a huge factor. Offensive rebounding is better because there is more ball and player movement, and more penetration.

I agree.

I think the additional factor is motivation.

Players seem to be more motivated after the trade.