PDA

View Full Version : Where's the one official post-game thread?

MagicRat
02-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Where else am I going to post that I thought Andrew Bogut looked like a madrigal singer in his black tights?

Or that Maurice Williams' suit would've given Siggy a run for his money?

And where else will I be able to tell the story about how I had two Bucks fans sitting behind me and late in the game I heard someone yell, "Hey, Bucks guy! Hey Bucks guy! Is that Charlie Bell the same one that went to Florida State and won the Heisman trophy?!"

Anyway, I wish somebody would start the one official post-game thread so I can get that off of my chest.........

Shade
02-15-2006, 11:03 PM
We won. Woo.

/end thread

piksi
02-15-2006, 11:03 PM
that was Charlie Ward - I think

tinsley#11
02-15-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm waiting for harddrive7's recap from Mr. Boyle's seats.

Indyfan
02-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Hmmm.... we did win a big game tonight didn't we? Where are all the positive threads about what we did to get this game before the break, take a 2-1 series advantage on the team we are tied with in the central, and not fall apart down the stretch like last game?

I listened to the game but didn't have access to the tv broadcast, so I always enjoy everyone's input who actually saw the game.

Outlaw
02-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Why does it have to be this way??? :devil:

Kegboy
02-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Oh great, now Rat, the man who never used to comment on anything basketball related, has post-game threads? Who's next, Kat?

:shakehead

MagicRat
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Oh great, now Rat, the man who never used to comment on anything basketball related, has post-game threads? Who's next, Kat?

:shakehead
Let's see:

1. Madrigal singers - not basketball related
2. Maurice Williams' green suit - not basketball related
3. Charlie Bell winning the Heisman - Football related

I think I'm OK there......:woot2:

Kegboy
02-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Let's see:

1. Madrigal singers - not basketball related
3. Charlie Bell winning the Heisman - Football related

I think I'm OK there......:woot2:

Yeah, next thing you know my sister will go to a forum party even though everyone there is on her ignore list.

indytoad
02-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Shouldn't we be seeing some pictures from you right about now, MR?

IndyToad
Me next snoo-snoo

grace
02-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Let's see:

Since they started the dress code I think that makes the suit basketball related. Plus you brought up Siggy. :pimp:

MagicRat
02-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah, next thing you know my sister will go to a forum party even though everyone there is on her ignore list.

Well, she did attend the mini forum party, but I think only half of the other attendees are on her ignore list......

MagicRat
02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Shouldn't we be seeing some pictures from you right about now, MR?

IndyToad
Me next snoo-snoo

No camera at the game tonight, but here's a picture for you:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/dwightbobblehead.jpg

18to88
02-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm waiting for harddrive7's recap from Mr. Boyle's seats.

I'm sure he'd be alright with you calling him Mark.

Merz
02-16-2006, 02:54 AM
Me next snoo-snoo

I take it you are watching Futurama

Gyron
02-16-2006, 08:35 AM
I take it you are watching Futurama

I was just thinking the same thing. That was a great futurama episode.:laugh:

t1hs0n
02-16-2006, 10:37 AM
No reason to bash Rick = less post game threads on the Digest.

18to88
02-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Out of respect, Mr.Boyle works just as well..............

That's cool and all to respect people but he is no better than anyone else here. Why not call me Mr.18to88 and I'll call you Mr.VA

pizza guy
02-16-2006, 11:07 PM
http://sosa-10-sweetie.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/dori.jpg.w180h223.jpg

Mr. Grumpy Gills!

Just kidding. I suppose, if we're going to refer to all elders as Mr., Mrs., or whatever, Soup, Gurl, Pig Nash, and I will all have to get acclimated to that system. This oughta be fun! OK, so, I'm still just kidding. It's wonderful to have Mr. Mark Boyle (best of both worlds!) here on PD. He always provides a little insight if he can, or at the very least a very clear and non-objective opinion on matters. He says that the quality of the posters here is what makes it a great place, and I say that he only raises the average.

VA, I'll probably call you VA. And 18to88, I'll probably call you 18to88. Does Mr. Pizza Guy sound right to you? Nah, just pizza guy.;)

Pig Nash
02-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey, Peck called me Pig the entire forum party and I didn't say a peep. Because Peck would have given me a new nickname: torso boy. By the way, I wore my Foster jersey today. :devil:

18to88
02-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Actually, I donít show "respect" to be cool. I just realized real quick that in the real world you get ahead and people really appreciate you when you show them respect, and one sign of respect is calling someone Mr. or Mrs., sir or mam, etc.

Notice I said older. If the person is a good friend or colleague, thatís different, esp. if they are around my age. If you are 21, me being 20, I would probably call you by your first name. But if you are older then me, I would call you Mr.Bob, or whatever you prefer.

As for your last comment, I dont see how you can say he is no better then anyone else here. Mr.Boyle is kind enough to post here, and he is not just another member. He is infact a private contractor of the Pacers organization, and while I am sure he loves talking Pacers basketball, he doesnít have to post here at all.

I am not saying anyone should follow my lead, but we have had other people call him other names in the past, and to me if you want to keep someone like Mr.Boyle around (and yes, I do appreciate having someone more "in the loop" who actually talks to the players more then most of us, etc) that we show him the proper respect.

Since you brought it up, I have no problem as being addressed as "VA", "vapacersfan", or "Adam". For what its worth, I have been called many things a lot worse then those 3, and I dont lose any sleep over it.

I did notice that you didn't say older until this post. No, I think he would agree that he is no better than anyone else on here. Just like if the great Jermaine O'Neal wanted to post on a Pacers message board for some reason. I don't know if you heard but everyone is equal. When you call one person on this board mister, you look like you are sucking up to him and that you think he is better than everyone else. If you want to use your older point, you have to call everyone on this board older than you Mr.(last name).

Anthem
02-17-2006, 08:14 AM
When you call one person on this board mister, you look like you are sucking up to him and that you think he is better than everyone else. If you want to use your older point, you have to call everyone on this board older than you Mr.(last name).
I call just about everybody Mister. I also say "Sir" all the time.

As far as the board goes, "Mark" is one of the few people that's actually known by his real name.

"Mr. Boyle" is perfectly appropriate. Give the guy a break.

MagicRat
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
I now demand to be know as Mr. MR.

Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again
learn to live so free.
And when we hear the voices sing

The book of love will open up and let us in.

Kegboy
02-17-2006, 01:05 PM

Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again
learn to live so free.

:laugh:

Sure thing Rat.

RWB
02-17-2006, 02:47 PM

Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again
learn to live so free.

Giving away your age with those lyrics. Here, try this instead.....http://www.mrmisterfog.com/pages/1/index.htm

If you start quoting Kajagoogoo songs you'll have to die.

Pig Nash
02-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey Mister, I sure would like for you to like me. :innocent:

Hey Mister I really like your daughter.
When I'm horny like thirsty
She's a bottle of water.

Hey Mister how'd it get so bad
You raised her so well
and now she's calling me dad
in the back seat naked of a new Volkswagen
the perfect little gift for high school graduation.

:devil:

Anthem
02-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Then again, you are probably just sucking up. You know, we are all equal, so if you show respect you must be sucking up :rolleyes:
:laugh:

tinsley#11
02-18-2006, 02:21 PM
I am sorry I started this whole debate. I just figured I would show a sign of respect because Mark Boyle is known throughout the state. I am just some college kid who loves the pacers and I do not know him personally so I felt calling him Mark was not appropriate. This is just my personal choice. It should not be a big deal anyways. To each his own.

Anthem
02-18-2006, 06:03 PM
I am sorry I started this whole debate. I just figured I would show a sign of respect because Mark Boyle is known throughout the state. I am just some college kid who loves the pacers and I do not know him personally so I felt calling him Mark was not appropriate. This is just my personal choice. It should not be a big deal anyways. To each his own.
You made the right call. Ignore the guys giving you crap.

SoupIsGood
02-19-2006, 10:03 AM
I know it's out of respect and everything, but to me it just doesn't seem right calling mboyle1313 Mister. It's like if Jermaine came on here, calling him Mr. O'Neal just wouldn't seem right. I'd want to call him Jermaine or JO. I personally don't think it should be taken as disrespect, it's just how we come to know them as fans of the team. mboyle1313, to me, will forever be "Mark" from the "Mark and Slick" broadcasting duo.

But i doesn't really matter, because I don't think I've ever really had the need to talk with mboyle1313 on here. In fact, the only time i remember speaking with him is when I was joking about being his stalker.....:eyebrow: :laugh: