PDA

View Full Version : Spike TV -- Joe's vs Pro's -- It's on TONIGHT!

Pacersfan46
02-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Anyone seen the commercial for this? It looks GREAT.

For those of you who haven't seen it, try this. The video at the bottom right hand corner of the page shows a video on it.

http://www.spiketv.com/index.jhtml#/

My favorite parts of the video is when Bo Jackson just absolutely flattens a guy, and the other guy is so scared of Bill Romanowski.

Either way, I'd love to be on the show for the baseball/basketball version of it. At least with some time to shake the rust in baseball. I've hit off of a dozen guys who threw 95 MPH. Basektball I used to play high level college players regularly when I was a few years younger. I couldn't do any damn worse than those jokers on the show. That's for sure. They were pathetic.

The football section isn't nice. They have no shot at it. What regular person could tackle Bo Jackson, or run over Bill Romanowski? Very, VERY few. It should be fun to watch though.

N8R
02-16-2006, 02:57 AM
DId you happen to catch when it is supposed to start cause that looks awesome.

Pacersfan46
02-16-2006, 04:07 AM
Starts March 6th.

Rewatching it I saw old A's pitcher Dave Stewart in there. I'd love to hit off him. I could tell it was him just by his pitching motion, I used to love watching him pitch. He was one of the first players I ever tried to emulate.

N8R
02-16-2006, 05:46 PM
sweet thanks. I will try to remember cause I have always wondered how badly I would get beat by proffessional sports players. I assume I would be like the guy who was affraid to even face that football player.

Pacersfan46
02-16-2006, 06:19 PM
That's not just "a football player".

That's Bill Romanowski. A guy who broke his own teammates nose in practice. Rumored to do steroids, and it's been talked about how under a pile of players he'd try to poke you in the eye through your facemask. He's got a serious mean streak.

N8R
02-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I had no idea. I am not much of a football fan incase you didn't notice that. I can watch it on TV but I dont follow it. The only sport I follow is the NBA of course that is why I am on PD.

But I guess my statement of me being like the guy who doesnt want to come out is even more true now than ever cause I would probably shat my pants if I saw that guy trying to tackle me.

Skaut_Ech
02-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't like "reality TV", but this looks too funny to pass up. Thanks PF46, I hadn't heard about it. Now if I can just remember to watch it.....

Pacersfan46
02-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Yeah newman, I kinda gathered that you didn't follow football too closely. I guess I should add that breaking his own teammates nose, was on purpose. Not an accident.

Skaut, no problem. It's a ways off, and if I can remember myself, I'm going to make sure to revive this thread the day before to make sure it's up where people can see it.

N8R
02-17-2006, 03:34 PM
See that is an awesome story. I love hearing about jackasses in sports. And I am not being sarcastic. I love guys who take it one step to far like Ron Artest breaking Jordans ribs in a pick up game.

PF46: If you could play any athlete in any sport who would you want to play?

Pacersfan46
03-06-2006, 05:31 AM
It's on today!!!

I'd want to pitch to some major league hitters. Not that I know who. When I was in shape for it, I pitched an inning in a scrimmage game against minor leaguers, and got 2 K's, and weak ground out to 3rd. I really felt I could compete for a spot on a MLB bullpen at the very least, but never truly got to find out. It's a shame, but I can't do anything about it now.

Hicks
03-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I watched this last night and had a good time. It's funny.

Skaut_Ech
03-07-2006, 10:24 AM
I forgot about it till late last night and missed it. Damn!

Stryder
03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
I cannot wait for the episodes with Bo and Romanowski.

Jermaniac
03-07-2006, 06:46 PM
LMAO At Goldberg "WHAT NOW *****HHHH"

N8R
03-07-2006, 07:02 PM
I just caught it. It was different than what I had expected. I will continue to watch it though. It was on twice last night so I taped both but the second episode was just them replaying the first. That didnt make me happy. But knowing Spike they will show Pros vs Joes at least 5 times before the next new episode.

Some of the events the Joes had absolutely NO chance of doing anything. Like I mean who was going to get Goldberg on his back in the wrestling ring. If I was the Joe I would have waiting near the corner where the bell was and just curled up into a ball and thought about pancakes and waiting for the minute to be up.

Pacersfan46
03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
All that, and I missed it. Blah.

Damn my job switching me shifts. My brain kept telling me to go to sleep when I usually would, and slept right through it. Blah

N8R
03-07-2006, 09:51 PM
I am sure you will get a repeat so dont stress

sweabs
03-13-2006, 11:05 PM
That's a pretty sweet show right there.

Just watched it for the first time tonight.

Hell, if you put Jen Finch on TV I'll tune in for anything. I watch GIRLS BASEBALL because of her.

Good stuff though - I would have liked to try a few of those challenges...especially d'ing up on Mugsey (didn't look too hard).

N8R
03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
I just saw the past weeks episode on Sunday and damn is Jen Finch ever hot.