PDA

View Full Version : Pistons close to trading Darko to Orlando

McClintic Sphere
02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2331049

bread
02-15-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't understand why Orlando does this deal. Especially giving up a lottery pick. I can see why they would want Arroyo as insurance for if/when Francis leaves and Nelson being injured, but why get rid of an expiring contract and a lottery pick? :confused: IMO, They will need both of those this summer if they hope to put any talent around Howard. For them to hang their hat on Darko magically becoming productive and Vazquez actually playing for them is not too smart.

Meanwhile, I am now more convinced than ever that Joe D is into Voodoo. The Pistons get exactly what the (Witch) doctor ordered. They get rid of Darko for an expiring contract that allows them to re-sign Wallace and Billups and they also get another lottery pick. :mad:

Why couldn't we get a deal like that for our non-potential-reaching-suit-wearer???:censored:

piksi
02-15-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't understand why Orlando does this deal. Especially giving up a lottery pick. I can see why they would want Arroyo as insurance for if/when Francis leaves and Nelson being injured, but why get rid of an expiring contract and a lottery pick? :confused: IMO, They will need both of those this summer if they hope to put any talent around Howard. For them to hang their hat on Darko magically becoming productive and Vazquez actually playing for them is not too smart.

Meanwhile, I am now more convinced than ever that Joe D is into Voodoo. The Pistons get exactly what the (Witch) doctor ordered. They get rid of Darko for an expiring contract that allows them to re-sign Wallace and Billups and they also get another lottery pick. :mad:

Why couldn't we get a deal like that for our non-potential-reaching-suit-wearer???:censored:

they got nothing to lose at this point

Black Sox
02-15-2006, 02:28 PM
This trade might not be done if the Knicks want Cato included in their deal.

Fool
02-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Detroit doesn't need to get rid of Darko or Arroyo to sign Billups and Wallace as Detroit has their Bird rights (But getting rid of both contracts, since neither has panned out probably makes Davidson feel good).

If Orlando wants to spend money in free agency they are probably looking to after next year since there isn't much out there come the end of this season.