PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace is such a great guy.

Roy Munson
02-14-2006, 03:19 PM
I just love reading news about Rasheed Wallace. He's such a great human being.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=33885

(excerpt):

<i>
Piston choirboy Rasheed Wallace leads the NBA in technical fouls, but with a disappointing total of 12, only one ahead of runner-up Kobe Bryant. Itís clear Mr. T isnít at the top of his game like he was during his heyday with the Blazers, when he was averaging nearly 40 a season over a three-year span. Heck, he may not earn even 20 Tís this season. If he gets to 16, though, he could be subject to a one-game suspension under new league rules.
Wallace, incidentally, still hates his coach from the Portland days, Mike Dunleavy, and refers to him openly with a two-word obscenity. After draining back-to-back 3s late in a recent game against Dunleavyís L.A. Clippers, Wallace stared him down and offered a few remarks while backtracking up court each time. What did he say? ďObscenities,Ē the All-Star forward told reporters.</i>

Kstat
02-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I don't think anybody in the Pistons organization likes mike duneavy sr. right now.

Normally I'd disapprove of this, but since it's Dunleavy, let him have it, Sheed!

I hope we beat the Clippers by 30 every time we play them. And not because of the players, because I can't stand their coach.

And if you want to further sully Sheed's rep, he had to be restrained from beating the crap out of Dunleavy in hallway after the first game we played them this season.

I'm glad Sheed was restrained. Well, sorta.

Fool
02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
"I can't believe anyone would like Rasheed Wallace and not like Joey Harrington!"

Kstat
02-14-2006, 03:51 PM
"I can't believe anyone would like Rasheed Wallace and not like Joey Harrington!"

:laugh:

That was my faovite sig of the year.

ChicagoJ
02-14-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't think anybody in the Pistons organization likes mike duneavy sr. right now.

Normally I'd disapprove of this, but since it's Dunleavy, let him have it, Sheed!

I hope we beat the Clippers by 30 every time we play them. And not because of the players, because I can't stand their coach.

And if you want to further sully Sheed's rep, he had to be restrained from beating the crap out of Dunleavy in hallway after the first game we played them this season.

I'm glad Sheed was restrained. Well, sorta.

I must be out-of-the-loop. I've got no idea what you are talking about.

Hicks
02-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Normally I'd disapprove of this, but since he's on my team, let him have it, Sheed!

Fixed.:-p

Fool
02-14-2006, 04:01 PM

Foul-a-Fro.

NorCal_Pacerfan
02-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Sheed - imho is a trash talking, ignorant child with an Ego bigger than most. (who can play bball) Seeing him trash talking all the time just makes me dislike his 'tude more and more. I'm happy for Chauncey and Rip for becoming allstars - but I'm my book, I wouldn't have voted in either Wallace. Damn, this was a good space for me to get this off my chest.

sweabs
02-14-2006, 07:20 PM
My buddy wanted me to post this picture he made of Rasheed on here, so I guess this is as good of place as any. He's in graphic design, and unfortunately a Pistons fan.

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2341/sheedsmall1ih.jpg

shags
02-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Fixed.:-p

Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner. :)

Sheed may be an a$$hole, but he's OUR a$$hole. That makes all the difference.

owl
02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Don't give Sheed a basketball when someone is walking away from him.

owl

FreshPrince22
02-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Sheed's a smart guy. Everytime he sticks up for a teammate like that it brings the team closer together. He is the reason everyone in that locker room gets along so well.

owl
02-14-2006, 08:28 PM
That worked in Portland real well.

owl

shags
02-14-2006, 08:31 PM
That worked in Portland real well.

owl

He got along with his teammates great in Portland, by every account.

FreshPrince22
02-14-2006, 08:36 PM
He got along with his teammates great in Portland, by every account.

Except Sabonis from what I remember :laugh:

rexnom
02-14-2006, 08:39 PM
I lmao at things like this...or the miami vice thing because although Sheed guarantees wins and does crazy stuff, he doesn't cost his team entire seasons and he backs up everything he says with his play on the court. And I think he is the key to their team offensively and defensively and as a unit.

skyfire
02-14-2006, 08:51 PM

yea could someone elaborate on sheed's history at the blazers and the link to the rest of the pistons?

i know generally about him being a punk when he was there, throwing balls into teammates heads and such. what was the deelio with dunleavy?

Kstat
02-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Sheed's anger towards Dunleavy has nothing to do with their Portland days. It's about Dunleavy's treatment of Ben Wallace.

Dunleavy has to be an *** and employ the hack-a-ben every game, even when its clear the game is already over in the 4th quarter. It enrages the entire team, and Rasheed Wallace most of all.

Nevermind it's never ever worked. He simply has to drag every quarter out 45 minutes by mocking Ben Wallace. Sheed isnt the only guy that curses out Dunleavy every game we play them.

Harmonica
02-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Nominee for 2006 Most Boring Thread award.

skyfire
02-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Sheed's anger towards Dunleavy has nothing to do with their Portland days. It's about Dunleavy's treatment of Ben Wallace.

Dunleavy has to be an *** and employ the hack-a-ben every game, even when its clear the game is already over in the 4th quarter. It enrages the entire team, and Rasheed Wallace most of all.

Nevermind it's never ever worked. He simply has to drag every quarter out 45 minutes by mocking Ben Wallace. Sheed isnt the only guy that curses out Dunleavy every game we play them.

cheers kstat. any tactic used to excess usually defeats the purpose of using it in the first place.

Jermaniac
02-14-2006, 09:18 PM
When he isnt playing the Pacers I like Sheed, probably the only Piston I like. But when he plays us I cant stand him.

rexnom
02-14-2006, 09:35 PM
cheers kstat. any tactic used to excess usually defeats the purpose of using it in the first place.

Did hack-a-shaq employed ad nauseum by Dunleavy in that famed Blazers-Lakers series in 2000 really work either?

shags
02-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Did hack-a-shaq employed ad nauseum by Dunleavy in that famed Blazers-Lakers series in 2000 really work either?

It worked the last game. Clippers cut the Pistons lead from 12 to 6 in about a minute employing it. Ben took himself out of the game with 3 minutes to go it was so bad.

And IMHO, you have to be pretty naive to believe Sheed's hatred towards Dunleavy is solely due to the Hack-A-Ben tactic.

Kstat
02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
It worked the last game. Clippers cut the Pistons lead from 12 to 6 in about a minute employing it. Ben took himself out of the game with 3 minutes to go it was so bad.

And IMHO, you have to be pretty naive to believe Sheed's hatred towards Dunleavy is solely due to the Hack-A-Ben tactic.

He hasnt been hostile towards dunleavy until that incident.

D-BONE
02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Dispicable comportment that I deplore but still Sheed is my favorite Piston. What can I say? And he's had JO's number much to my chagrin. Must be from back in the Blazer days.

efx
02-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I like Sheed. His "both teams played hard" moment was so awesome I couldn't believe it. If there is anything less meaningful than those player/coaches interviews I haven't heard it and his satirical treatment of that was very intelligent I thought.

Moses
02-14-2006, 11:25 PM
ROFL

Thats pretty funny. To make it fair for guys like Ben Wallace they should make them do layups..oh wait...