PDA

View Full Version : Which all star competition most interests you?

Will Galen
02-14-2006, 02:03 PM
ESPN has a poll asking, 'which all star competition most interests you?"
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index?&lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NBA_NBA

However, they left out the all star (exhibition) game itself. It used to be a game, but todays players have turned it into an exhibition. They do this by taking turns dunking, or taking turns shooting three pointers. THAT'S NONSENSE! I don't like that!

Anyway I thought that should be included in the poll. Plus it wasn't multiple choice, and I didn't like that. When the Pacers have players in more than one event I'm interested in more than one event.

Wait for the poll, it will take a few minutes to set up.

Will Galen
02-14-2006, 02:22 PM
I think it was two or three years ago they had a horse contest between Isiah, and Magic. ESPN announcer Steven Smith ruined it with his yap, however I liked the concept.

What I would like to see is every team have a horse contest among those of it's players that want to compete.

Take those 30 players, and add two invitees, and then pair them off until there is four left. Then those four would all compete for the championship.

Bball
02-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Absolutely nothing about the All Star game interests me. It just means a long layoff between Pacer gamess.

-Bball

sweabs
02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I don't think that today's all-star games are as bad as you make them out to be. Particularly in the 4th quarter, I find that the games get pretty intense.

The rookie VS soph game, however, is another story. If you want to talk about an exhibition, then look no further.

Remember, these players are risking injury, and to be playing at a full-blown 110% is risky. These are the best players on their resepctive teams, and I'm sure their teammates don't particularly want them going down for the rest of the season (insert Brad Miller joke here).

317Kim
02-14-2006, 05:24 PM
They're all fun to watch. But most of the time, the one that interests me most is one with some of our guys participating in it. :)

grace
02-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Where's the "none of the above" option? That would get my vote.

Los Angeles
02-14-2006, 06:10 PM
The race to get out of town and play games that mean something.

rexnom
02-14-2006, 09:43 PM
I actually like everything about all-star weekend. Friday to Sunday. The Skills challenge is a nice recent addition...for some reason this gets all the stars out and it's something where they can try really hard without a fear of injury (sigh). Also, it's always interesting to see who can really complete a friggin bounce pass...

Mac_Daddy
02-14-2006, 09:47 PM
I think that I stopped caring about All-Star weekend a long time again.

Jermaniac
02-14-2006, 09:50 PM
The rookie and sophs game, just because Danny and Runi are in it.