PDA

View Full Version : ARE YOU WORRIED?

KINGS FAN
02-14-2006, 12:09 PM
that peja has a reputation of being someone who you cant rely on at the end of games in the playoffs and the fourth quarter. i love peja and he was my favorite player on the kings but he frustrated me so many times and broke my heart on a bunch of occasions when we needed him to make a big shot in games but he never came through. there was a game in seattle this year when he had 25 points in the first half then he had o points in the second half. then they showed on espn recently that peja averages the least amount of points in the fourth quarter in the league. im not trying to be a troll i just wanted to know what you guys thought. thanks:)

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 12:10 PM
It's better than having the other guy within 1,000 miles of the team. Gotta take what you can get.

KINGS FAN
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
i understand what your saying but believe it or not artest has become the leader of the kings and looks very good. i know you guys are gonna say hes crazy and everything but were giving him a clean slate. whatever he did in the past doesnt matter to us.

rabid
02-14-2006, 12:15 PM
i understand what your saying but believe it or not artest has become the leader of the kings and looks very good. i know you guys are gonna say hes crazy and everything but were giving him a clean slate. whatever he did in the past doesnt matter to us.

Hehehehe. Gee, THAT sounds familiar... :sarcasm:

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Hehehehe. Gee, THAT sounds familiar... :sarcasm:

I know, I almost peed myself.

Didn't mean to turn this into another Artest thread, though.

My only comment was that Peja was the best we could do for D-Bag McGee, and I'll take it.

ChicagoJ
02-14-2006, 12:17 PM
a) Reggie used to do the same thing (25 points in the first half, zero in the second). I think too much is made of Peja's alleged failures. Hell, I watched Kobe chuck up three airballs in a row at the end of a playoff series once.

b) As btown said, whether or not Peja is clutch or not (and if it even matters on a team with one of the best low post clutch performers in the league) is a much better question than wondering when Ron is going to go Artest again.

c) Late Edit - did you really just say "leader" and Artest in the same sentence?? Tell you what, when it all blows up, we'll give you a collective shoulder to cry on. And it really is "when", not "if". It isn't about a clean slate, Ron had one with the Pacers in spite of his history in Chicago and you can see how it worked out here...

Good luck with that.

KINGS FAN
02-14-2006, 12:22 PM
like i said i understand why guys hate ron artest but there was no way he could have stayed in indiana. he needed a change of scenery. and so did peja because in the fourth quarter we were playing 4 on 5. it seems like he pisses his pants once the fourth quarter rolls around.

beast23
02-14-2006, 12:23 PM
...then they showed on espn recently that peja averages the least amount of points in the fourth quarter in the league. im not trying to be a troll i just wanted to know what you guys thought. thanks:)Oh, now come on.... "the least amount of points in the fourth quarter in the league..."

With such a subjective and unsubstantiated statement as that, would you really expect anyone on PD to not take you as a troll? For example, Eddie Gill surely must score less in Q4 than Peja. I could probably name another 150-200 players off the top of my head as well...

What you received from us is a player that most likely will cause some sort of a problem. It just can't be determined how big the problem will be and when it might occur.

What we got from you is a player that we may not be able to re-sign this summer if he happens to opt out of his contract.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with what we got. And this is coming from one of the top former supporters of Artest on PD.

KINGS FAN
02-14-2006, 12:24 PM
a) Reggie used to do the same thing (25 points in the first half, zero in the second). I think too much is made of Peja's alleged failures. Hell, I watched Kobe chuck up three airballs in a row at the end of a playoff series once.

b) As btown said, whether or not Peja is clutch or not (and if it even matters on a team with one of the best low post clutch performers in the league) is a much better question than wondering when Ron is going to go Artest again.

c) Late Edit - did you really just say "leader" and Artest in the same sentence?? Tell you what, when it all blows up, we'll give you a collective shoulder to cry on. And it really is "when", not "if". It isn't about a clean slate, Ron had one with the Pacers in spite of his history in Chicago and you can see how it worked out here...

Good luck with that. yes he has become a leader on this team as crazy as that sounds. the kings are trying harder on defense and look very good doind it. he has taken the young guys under his wing and has made the play better also.

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 12:25 PM
yes he has become a leader on this team as crazy as that sounds. the kings are trying harder on defense and look very good doind it. he has taken the young guys under his wing and has made the play better also.

It's tough to be too mean to our resident Kings fans.

He'll make you fall in love, no question. Just don't hate yourself when it blows up. And it will. His brain, not his "scenery", guarantees that.

ChicagoJ
02-14-2006, 12:29 PM
He will make players play harder. Probably 'cause they're afraid he'll bean them in the head with a basketball at halftime or start fights in the lockerroon or whatever.

tick tick tick tick

Its just a matter of time. Wait until either (1) the losing returns, or (2) the pressure is on. He can't handle it, and unless you trade him before that happens your team will be the next one he destroys.

There are a large number of former Ron supporters on here that wanted to believe the same things you are claiming were true with the Pacers. But they weren't. You might want to stop posting and do a little listening/ reading.

His inability to handle pressure isn't like a "Peja chokes" situation. Its much uglier.

Skaut_Ech
02-14-2006, 12:32 PM

I think Peja getting a bum rap.

I'm glad you had the stones to say it first, Jay. Reggie used to do the same all the time. I just wonder how much people's memories are colored by marketing. Peja doesn't project much of an image, certainly not like Reggie.

I almost feel as if Reggie's shortcomings were downplayed by the media, in lieu of a good story, i.e., the cocky kid from LA, or the three point shooter with the big mouth.

It's a lot easier to throw Peja under the bus, so to speak, becasue he doesn't present that dynamic of a story. He's not an all interview team candidate. He's not a strong presence. Easier to make him look like a chump for playoff shortcomings, as part of the glorification of the other team. :chin2:

I think Peja's been a victim of Sportcenter style marketing in the media.

Pacersfan46
02-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I'd rather have a guy who pisses himself in the 4th than Ron Artest. Several players fold in crunch time.

Only one player in the league is as disruptive as Ron Artest.

Outlaw
02-14-2006, 12:35 PM
I look for Ron to start his annual antics again soon.It is a matter of time.He already stated he intends to go to NY after his contract is up.

I give Ron 5yrs or LESS and he will be history in the league.Stern WILL NOT tolerate him much longer.

As far as Peja goes at least he is a model citizen in the league where as Ron ....well you'll find out soon enough.:cool:

waxman
02-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Peja has already hit some big fourth quarter shots for us... in just about every game we've had him. In fact we should've gone to him more against the Spurs.

The Artesticle Cancer is yours now...congrats...most of us believed he would be a good soldier the rest of THIS season... so enjoy. .. fall in love. And then next season will come.

Harmonica
02-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Only one player in the league is as disruptive as Ron Artest.

"Disruptive" is putting it mildly. More like "destructive."

diamonddave00
02-14-2006, 01:04 PM
All I know is Sunday vs the Spurs Peja was 3 for 3 from the field including a 3pointer in the 4th quarter.

We will have to see how he plays here in 4th quarters , whatever he did as a King is in the past, he has a new start here - as Ron does in Sacramento.

FrenchConnection
02-14-2006, 01:06 PM
You should be the one who is worried, not us! Pacers' fans, remember when we were the ones that had to defend Artesty? So glad that it feels good to be an Indiana fan now.

Bball
02-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Sass*n is a Kings Fan now?

-BBall

sweabs
02-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Am I worried?

Why? Because we got a player, who actually suits up and plays, and isn't half bad? For a guy who single-handedly destructs teams? Huh?

Man, that's awesome! We actually got something in return for a guy who ruins basketball teams...

As Jay said, the sound of "tick, tick, tick" should be far more worrisome.

RWB
02-14-2006, 01:17 PM
I really hope it works out for Ron and the Kings. Actually moreso for the Kings' fans. Good folks who will deserve better.

Unclebuck
02-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Everyone has already said what I was going to say. Well on the Peja side of things.

On Artest, why are you still commenting on him. I've moved on now why can't some of you. It does make me wonder.

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Everyone has already said what I was going to say. Well on the Peja side of things.

On Artest, why are you still commenting on him. I've moved on now why can't some of you. It does make me wonder. If I can move on why can';t some of you

It's difficult to discuss acquiring Peja without commenting on the circumstances in which he was recently acquired. Beyond this thread, I don't think I've said a peep regarding that ***clown since we finally found someone stupid enough to take him.

piksi
02-14-2006, 01:33 PM
that peja has a reputation of being someone who you cant rely on at the end of games in the playoffs and the fourth quarter. i love peja and he was my favorite player on the kings but he frustrated me so many times and broke my heart on a bunch of occasions when we needed him to make a big shot in games but he never came through. there was a game in seattle this year when he had 25 points in the first half then he had o points in the second half. then they showed on espn recently that peja averages the least amount of points in the fourth quarter in the league. im not trying to be a troll i just wanted to know what you guys thought. thanks:)

Why don't You give the whole story ?

He scored 25 pts and got hit by Danny Fortson whi injured a finger on his shooting hand. He missed several games because of that.
If Pedja did not retur in the 2nd half - everyone would have said - he is soft. he returned clearly unable to even catch the ball and he is a choker. He couldn't win no matter what he did.
He has a new start here and Ron has a new one in Sacramento. So far it looks good for both. Unfortunately, if You go by worst case scenario - I am sure the Pacers will be able with the "worst" of Pedja vs us being able to live with "worst" of Ron

bmac
02-14-2006, 01:57 PM
This is nothing new, but just my two cents,

I'll tell you this much, I watched the Kings-Hawks game on Sunday and Ronnie looked so good........ He is the leader on that team already, it makes me want to curse him because he is such a great player but is sooo unstable.

It's like you become addicted to watching him on the court.

It wasn't a new revelation at all, but gave the current Pacers a bit of a reprive in my book. There is no way you can lose a player as instrumental as Artest and not have it hurt your team, and I am talking from a talent perspective here. I think they are on the road to recovery.....however slowly that has progressed this season.

Ron will always be my favorite player to watch in the NBA. I'd rather watch Ronnie than Kobe Bryant jack up 40 shots a game.........

Just my op...

Black Sox
02-14-2006, 01:58 PM
It seems like the Kings fans were really hard on Peja, maybe expecting to much. I have heard nothing but how Peja can't play defense the last couple years but so far with the Pacers his defense has been good. As it is Peja doesn't have to be clutch for the Pacers in the 4th qtr. Usually the 4th qtr is when Jackson and Jones step up.

Antonio
02-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Last year he scored 38 in last playoffs Kings game at Seattle.
I remember in 2003/2004 he nailed a buzzer-beater jump shot to win in Detroit... In Sacto Adelman too many wanted him to create his shots which Peja is unable to do... if he has opened shots in the 4th quarter he'll make them...

Tom White
02-14-2006, 02:26 PM

Hey, Pollard has been playing well, but don't you think you're stretching it a bit?
:D

Peck
02-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Maybe it's because I had such low expectations of Peja to begin with, but I for one am thrilled to have been wrong.

I've said it before & I'll say it again. He is better at everything than I thought he was.

He is a better defender, passer, rebounder, shooter, scorer, etc. than I ever dreamed possible.

I've even come to the point where I don't think we have lost much in the talent department with the trade.

Like Uncle Buck, I've moved on. So I don't want to drag anything up about the other player but I will say this.

No matter if I was worried about Peja or not it is still better than having no player at all, which for the past season & a half is what we had.

But I have that feeling about a lot of players as well.

Bball
02-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey, Pollard has been playing well, but don't you think you're stretching it a bit?
:D

He must've meant Harrison...

-Bball

Unclebuck
02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
I think late in games most coahces go to their best one-on-one players, and that just isn't Peja's game. Seemed to me that the Kings did not go to Peja very much late in games. They went to pick and rolls with CWebb and Bibby whenever they really needed a shot. And that was a very good play for them.

One thing I've seen first hand is that defenders simply don't leave Peja (and when they do the opposing coach as a cow and usually calls a timeout) other teams without exception so far have put their best defender on Peja.
Those things along have helped the pacers offense.

Peja has helped the Pacers offense the most is the way he doesn't dominate the ball. He doesn't hold the ball, he never tries to do too much, he doesn't try to do more than what he is capable. And Peja's movement off the ball has also been a huge help. I forgot how important it is to have some players who are great without the ball.

CableKC
02-14-2006, 02:56 PM
KINGS FAN, I don't know what the point of this thread is or what you are trying to point out.

Maybe in the eyes of Kings fans....Peja has lost some Regular Season and Playoff games because he has faded for whatever reason and he had to go......but that is nothing compared to 2 lost seasons that Artest has cost the Pacers Organization and its fans.

As you said......maybe both players needed a change in scenery....its great that the Kings and their fans have welcomed Artest with open arms and that 1 player has essentially forced the Kings to play defense. But remember why all this was started.....it was because Artest got paranoid when he started hearing rumors that he would be traded to the Kings. After having a simple rumor set off Artest down the path that has essentially caused a major upheaval in the Pacers roster and ( arguably ) has cost the Pacers another season.....Artest became the "variable" that the Pacers ( and their fans ) cannot tolerate anymore.

Should we be concerned about Peja fading in the 4th QTR or during the Playoffs?

I guess.....sure....why not? But you can say that about any player....I don't want our starters....Peja, SJax, Tinsley, JONeal...etc.....to go cold during any game. But I can tell you that I ( and the rest of the PD forum ) am far less worried about Peja fading in the 4th QTR or Playoffs then I am worried about Artest going all Artest on us again.

Slick Pinkham
02-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Peja had one terrible postseason where he played hurt and scored 10 points under his regular season average.

For all of his other other postseasons (combined) his playoff performance meets or exceeds his regular season performance. The only exception is FG%, which takes a dip for EVERYONE (Reggie included) due to better defense in the playoffs.

The allegation that he is a playoff choker has been analyzed and debunked on this forum several times.

Peck
02-14-2006, 02:58 PM
I think late in games most coahces go to their best one-on-one players, and that just isn't Peja's game. Seemed to me that the Kings did not go to Peja very much late in games. They went to pick and rolls with CWebb and Bibby whenever they really needed a shot. And that was a very good play for them.

One thing I've seen first hand is that defenders simply don't leave Peja (and when they do the opposing coach as a cow and usually calls a timeout) other teams without exception so far have put their best defender on Peja.
Those things along have helped the pacers offense.

Peja has helped the Pacers offense the most is the way he doesn't dominate the ball. He doesn't hold the ball, he never tries to do too much, he doesn't try to do more than what he is capable. And Peja's movement off the ball has also been a huge help. I forgot how important it is to have some players who are great without the ball.

You do realize that you blasted me time & time again over the past three years for making referance that I could not stand the lack of off the ball movement?

CableKC
02-14-2006, 03:00 PM
that peja has a reputation of being someone who you cant rely on at the end of games in the playoffs and the fourth quarter. i love peja and he was my favorite player on the kings but he frustrated me so many times and broke my heart on a bunch of occasions when we needed him to make a big shot in games but he never came through.
that Artest has a reputation of being someone who you cant rely on at the end of games in the playoffs and the fourth quarter. i loved Artest and he was my favorite player on the Pacers but he frustrated me so many times and broke my heart on a bunch of occasions when we needed him to control his emotions and not do something stupid but he never came through.

EDIT - Fixed it up to make more sense.

DeAthrow
02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
It seems like the Kings fans were really hard on Peja, maybe expecting to much. I have heard nothing but how Peja can't play defense the last couple years but so far with the Pacers his defense has been good. As it is Peja doesn't have to be clutch for the Pacers in the 4th qtr. Usually the 4th qtr is when Jackson and Jones step up.

It's true. As soon as you mention Mike Bibby and his disasterous defense they jump all over you and for some reason Mike is excused from playing D. Before Bonzi Wells came to the Kings Peja was the best defender on the team. Now they are all over Brad Miller and his defense.

FrenchConnection
02-14-2006, 03:16 PM
that Artest has a reputation of being someone who you cant rely on at the end of games in the playoffs and the fourth quarter. i loved Artest and he was my favorite player on the Pacers but he frustrated me so many times and broke my heart on a bunch of occasions when we needed him to control his emotions and not do something stupid but he never came through.

EDIT - Fixed it up to make more sense.

I think that you were fine the first time. Everyone seems to forget Artest in the 2004 ECF chucking up shot after shot, holding the ball for the entire shot clock and trying to take over every game when his offensive game was off during that series. He did the same thing against the Heat in the previous round but all was forgiven when we won the series. I wanted him traded then for his selfish play.

Moses
02-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Hah, Your only a few playoff games and one thrown beer away from being Artested!!

Hell, Artest has been on a winning team for the past 4 years now and what has that done for him? Absolutely nothing. Just imagine how crazy he's going to act on a team that doesn't make the playoffs.

fwpacerfan
02-14-2006, 03:24 PM

I want to believe Artest has changed but he started flapping his gums to ESPN about how he'll never change. When he does this you have about 2 weeks before he will do something stupid. I'm afraid to say it but you are about to be disappointed.

Will Galen
02-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Everyone is saying Ron will blow up. That's a good probability, but not a fact.

If he keeps himself relatively under control (and he could) then Sac got a great deal.

Slick Pinkham
02-14-2006, 03:38 PM

If he keeps himself relatively under control (and he could) then Sac got a great deal.

If that happens then we both got a deal, because if he had stayed here he definitely would NOT have kept himself relatively under control.

This trade from the Pacers perspective should be judjed not by what Ron gives Sacramento relative to what Peja gives us, but by what Peja gives us relative to the alternative trades (Maggette, Pietrus, ??) we could have had and relative to the perpetual chaos that keeping Ron would have guaranteed.

ChicagoJ
02-14-2006, 04:16 PM

Keep telling yourself that one. He's a grown man. Grown, selfish, and unable to handle pressure.

There has never been any reason to believe he has changed or will change. He was a major disruptive force on a loser in Chicago and on a winner in Indiana. Its a close to a fact as any other prediction of the future. Its almost as certain as "death" and "taxes".

Only the modern miracle of cuddly-soft, bunny-like media coverage in Indiana could invent this propoganda of a "changed Ron". It was never true. Usually, once people come to terms with that paradigm shift, they are able to accept that Ron is what he is... an extremely talented basketball player but more importantly a major disruptive force capable of mutilating stellar NBA franchises. Nothing more, nothing less.

+ + + + + + + +

It's laughable that a Kings fan is asking us, "ARE YOU WORRIED?". Heck no. But you should be. Especially at the "calm before the storm."

Unclebuck
02-14-2006, 04:29 PM
You do realize that you blasted me time & time again over the past three years for making referance that I could not stand the lack of off the ball movement?

Well, what can I say. I don't think I ever said I did not want player and ball movement. I have said that when you throw the ball into the post or to a player in an isolation situation, you need to space the floor in order to giive the player with the ball room to work, and yes that means players will be standing around at times.

Unclebuck
02-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Keep telling yourself that one. He's a grown man. Grown, selfish, and unable to handle pressure.

There has never been any reason to believe he has changed or will change. He was a major disruptive force on a loser in Chicago and on a winner in Indiana. Its a close to a fact as any other prediction of the future. Its almost as certain as "death" and "taxes".

Only the modern miracle of cuddly-soft, bunny-like media coverage in Indiana could invent this propoganda of a "changed Ron". It was never true. Usually, once people come to terms with that paradigm shift, they are able to accept that Ron is what he is... an extremely talented basketball player but more importantly a major disruptive force capable of mutilating stellar NBA franchises. Nothing more, nothing less.

+ + + + + + + +

It's laughable that a Kings fan is asking us, "ARE YOU WORRIED?". Heck no. But you should be. Especially at the "calm before the storm."

I'm proud of you for moving on, you are doing so well

Bball
02-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Artest was a Pacer? I must've forgotten.

-Bball

Will Galen
02-14-2006, 04:49 PM

Dang Jay! I said it's a good probability he will blow up, yet you dismiss that as not good enough. Human nature isn't itched in stone. Disallowing the improbable doesn't make it so.

DeAthrow
02-14-2006, 04:51 PM

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

SoupIsGood
02-14-2006, 04:52 PM
VERY WORRIED?

Bball
02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Human nature isn't itched in stone. Disallowing the improbable doesn't make it so.

Itched in stone..... itched in stone...

That will be etched in my memory for some reason.... ;)

-Bball

Will Galen
02-14-2006, 05:04 PM

-Bball

GRUmBLe, grUmBLe, gRUmblE!

(gIGGle, gigGLE, SnORt)

ChicagoJ
02-14-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm proud of you for moving on, you are so so well

Dang Jay! I said it's a good probability he will blow up, yet you dismiss that as not good enough. Human nature isn't itched in stone. Disallowing the improbable doesn't make it so.

Sorry, I reverted back to mid-season form. Am I still bitter?

:blush:

Kaufman
02-14-2006, 05:25 PM
My worries are the following, in no particular order:

Making the playoffs.

Keeping Peja around past this year.

Raskolnikov
02-14-2006, 06:10 PM
My worries are the following, in no particular order:

Making the playoffs.

Keeping Peja around past this year.
I really don't see us not making the playoffs. If you take a look at the standings at http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html you can see the team closest to the 8th seed (=Philly with 0.480) is Chicago with a 0.440 winning percentage. I know a lot can still happen but considering the way we're playing lately it really doesn't seem likely any of the teams below/equal to Chicago will still come back to take away our playoff spot.

And as for Peja, if he keeps fitting in like he has been, I think he'll stay.

KingsFan
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
This trade from the Pacers perspective should be judjed not by what Ron gives Sacramento relative to what Peja gives us, but by what Peja gives us relative to the alternative trades (Maggette, Pietrus, ??) we could have had and relative to the perpetual chaos that keeping Ron would have guaranteed.You're right, but you never know what could bring Maggette or Pietrus on the table. As for Peja I'm surprised how well he could fit into your offense especially with Jackson.

Pacesetter
02-14-2006, 08:47 PM

Peja has no pressure here to do anything other than play basketball. Our hopes of winning it all do NOT hinge on Peja. That might be the difference.

So far everything Peja has done has exceeded MY expectations. I just want him to do his best, and have fun in the process. :cool:

JMO.

KingsFan
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Peja has no pressure here to do anything other than play basketball. Our hopes of winning it all do NOT hinge on Peja. That might be the difference.

So far everything Peja has done has exceeded MY expectations. I just want him to do his best, and have fun in the process. :cool:

JMO.on the other hand all our hopes on Ron. What can we do, just sit tight and cross our fingers or I even don't want to think about it.

Pacersfan46
02-14-2006, 09:16 PM

-Bball

Hey, if you 'itch' the stone long enough, you'll eventually etch something, right? :laugh:

Pacesetter
02-14-2006, 09:35 PM
on the other hand all our hopes on Ron. What can we do, just sit tight and cross our fingers or I even don't want to think about it.

I hate to say it, but I know what that feels like. We had been held hostage for the past 3 years. Unfortunately alot of us were so blinded by "talent" that we couldn't see what he was doing to our team. I'm glad he's gone, I much prefer Peja.

Big Smooth
02-14-2006, 10:41 PM
on the other hand all our hopes on Ron. What can we do, just sit tight and cross our fingers or I even don't want to think about it.

So how many years does Artest have left on his current contract? If he is around for at least 2 more years and stays out of trouble then you might be able to build a good playoff team with him.

Note to anyone else reading my post - I realize Ron has problems staying out of trouble but I've always like Ron for the most part and don't hold a bitter grudge against him. So I just can't be as dismissive towards his ability to create a positive contribution for the Kings.

KINGS FAN
02-14-2006, 11:37 PM
im sorry if i seemed like a troll. i dont wanna start off on this forum seeming like an idiot who talks trash. i know ron has done some really stupid things before but hes a good guy who doesnt think before he does something. but i think he will change. and he is even better then i thought! tonight he had 27 points, 14 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 assists. and hes not even in game shape yet. plus he has a hip pointer that hes playing through and thats scary:-o . kings win 105-101 in overtime playoffs here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denyfizle
02-14-2006, 11:39 PM
as long as he doesn't run into the stands and beat people up and as long as he's not a nut, i'm not worried at all. besides, that other guy isn't much of a clutch player either.

Downtown Threat
02-15-2006, 04:18 AM
that peja has a reputation of being someone who you cant rely on at the end of games in the playoffs and the fourth quarter. i love peja and he was my favorite player on the kings but he frustrated me so many times and broke my heart on a bunch of occasions when we needed him to make a big shot in games but he never came through. there was a game in seattle this year when he had 25 points in the first half then he had o points in the second half. then they showed on espn recently that peja averages the least amount of points in the fourth quarter in the league. im not trying to be a troll i just wanted to know what you guys thought. thanks:)As a Kings fan you should then remember what happened in that game. Something to do with Danny Forston and Peja's shooting hand :rolleyes:

I remember Peja hitting some pretty big shots for us in his time in Sacramento. A game winner against Detroit, those clutch 3s against T-Wolves to take us into overtime.

If he was as much of a choker as people made him out to be, then he wouldn't have had it in him to hit those shots.

Funnily enough his 4th quarter point production is much higher in Indiana than it was in Sacramento. I wonder why??????:rolleyes:

Will Galen
02-15-2006, 06:31 AM
im sorry if i seemed like a troll. i dont wanna start off on this forum seeming like an idiot who talks trash. i know ron has done some really stupid things before but hes a good guy who doesnt think before he does something. but i think he will change. and he is even better then i thought! tonight he had 27 points, 14 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 assists. and hes not even in game shape yet. plus he has a hip pointer that hes playing through and thats scary:-o . kings win 105-101 in overtime playoffs here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also had two blocks, but his second one when he blocked the last second game tying three was given to Kenny Thomas. In as much as there was no other Kings player close I thought that was terrible score keeping.

But not unexpected!

When I played fantasy basketball I would watch some of my players and it was shocking how often the game was scored wrong on obvious plays. Try it and you will find out I'm right.

Which is one of the reasons I quit playing Fantasy basketball. Which is also a good reason not to get to caught up in stats.

Will Galen
02-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Funnily enough his 4th quarter point production is much higher in Indiana than it was in Sacramento. I wonder why??????:rolleyes:

The air in Indiana doesn't have all that California smog in it. Thus the ball goes much straighter.

I.E., Reggie Miller's all time leadership in three pointers made.

PacerMan
02-15-2006, 08:04 AM

Yep, he's got scary good talent. Especially when he can be 'the man'. That's why so many here stuck up for the idiot, even long after it was apparent that he's brain dead and couldn't understand "team" or "loyalty" if it hit him in the head. All this is doing is feeding his ego, which is a black hole of "SELF".
But then you'll know that soon enough...........

btowncolt
02-15-2006, 08:20 AM

I hope you don't actually believe any of that part.

02-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Peja is CLUTCH, he has just been extremly unlucky prooving it. Like this last game against the Spurs, he had a chance of hitting some clutch shots.. he first got hit in the jaw/ear area and had to sit down for a minute in the last minutes of 4th Quarter, he then came in with some seconds to go and Rick made and iso for Jack which he missed the shot and then freddy/aj missed some of their own shots while Peja was there.

Ive seen alot of games like this in Sacramento, it almost feels like he is doing it with purpise and gets away somehow in the 4th quarter tied game / clutch situations.. but after you look at the replay / slowmotion you really do see that People are actually doing EVERYTHING Physicaly to make him NOT shooting that shot.

I think its more like proven by his opponents that they really fear him in those situations and do everything in their power to stop him, which they often do! He is actually the most accurate shooter from any distance and often the most productive one in the League, these kinda players YOU KNOW are gona shoot those late shots and KILL EM!

ChicagoJ
02-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Peja is CLUTCH, he has just been extremly unlucky prooving it.

:disturbed

Sorry, that's just too much of an oxymoron to let slide.

LjuboDaMan
02-15-2006, 12:15 PM

:rolleyes:they never said anything about mike bibby's defense

piksi
02-15-2006, 12:33 PM

You don't talk about things that don't exist

KINGS FAN
02-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Peja is CLUTCH, he has just been extremly unlucky prooving it. Like this last game against the Spurs, he had a chance of hitting some clutch shots.. he first got hit in the jaw/ear area and had to sit down for a minute in the last minutes of 4th Quarter, he then came in with some seconds to go and Rick made and iso for Jack which he missed the shot and then freddy/aj missed some of their own shots while Peja was there.

Ive seen alot of games like this in Sacramento, it almost feels like he is doing it with purpise and gets away somehow in the 4th quarter tied game / clutch situations.. but after you look at the replay / slowmotion you really do see that People are actually doing EVERYTHING Physicaly to make him NOT shooting that shot.

I think its more like proven by his opponents that they really fear him in those situations and do everything in their power to stop him, which they often do! He is actually the most accurate shooter from any distance and often the most productive one in the League, these kinda players YOU KNOW are gona shoot those late shots and KILL EM! thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard. clutch players hit shots no matter what the defense is doing. lokk at what reggie miller did back in the day. everyone knew he was getting the ball but still couldnt stop him. the fact is peja is not mentally tough. you know it and i know it. he hasnt played the same since his friend vlade left which is a shame. and most of his playoff performances have been terrible. it is very easy to shut down a guy like peja in the playoffs or in the fourth quarter because he cant create his own shot! and when you need someone besides jermaine to make a clutch shot at the end of games and pass it to peja dont expect good results. like i said before i love peja and i understand why you guys hate ron because of all the dumb thing hes done to your franchise. but the kings fans are not the only fans that have to worry, its you guys to. because if your second option isnt a clutch player and is very soft then its very tough to win games trust me.;)

KINGS FAN
02-15-2006, 01:23 PM
:rolleyes:they never said anything about mike bibby's defense what are you talking about. most kings fans always talk about mike bibby bad defense. but now that peja is gone we can actually make big shots down the stretch of games. and the funny thing is peja will probably leave and go to chicago anyway because they have so much cap room. peja is gonna want the max. if joe johnson got 70 million for 5 years how much do you think peja will want? thats one of the reasons the maloofs got rid of him. peja is nowhere near a max player. he is one dimensional. and players who need screens to be effective dont deserve more then what hes making right now.

denyfizle
02-15-2006, 01:25 PM

Trust me, Ron will let you down sooner or later. Just hope that before he does that he already brings the Kings enough joy and glory to make it a bit easier to bear. Ron is a selfish person when it comes to basketball. All he cares about is himself, so whatever he's doing now is just him trying to raise his value as a commodity. If the Maloofs are really smart, I say they trade Ron, package him with some unwanted contracts the Kings have and get the best value when Ron's at his peak. The buzz and interest of Ron coming to Sacto will wear out sooner or later anyway. It's best to address that than wait for his sanity to wear off first.

sweabs
02-15-2006, 01:26 PM
This isn't patronizing.

:lurk:

KINGS FAN
02-15-2006, 01:26 PM
:laugh:
Peja is CLUTCH,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

denyfizle
02-15-2006, 01:28 PM
what are you talking about. most kings fans always talk about mike bibby bad defense. but now that peja is gone we can actually make big shots down the stretch of games. and the funny thing is peja will probably leave and go to chicago anyway because they have so much cap room. peja is gonna want the max. if joe johnson got 70 million for 5 years how much do you think peja will want? thats one of the reasons the maloofs got rid of him. peja is nowhere near a max player. he is one dimensional. and players who need screens to be effective dont deserve more then what hes making right now.

yea, i agree. i think Peja will jump to Chicago after the season. he just loves it there with all the Serbs. i just hope we get a good sign-and-trade for him or something. (Ben Gordon!!!)

waxman
02-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Ron had 14 rebounds last night??!!...thats more than he's had the last two seasons combined.

KINGS FAN
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Trust me, Ron will let you down sooner or later. Just hope that before he does that he already brings the Kings enough joy and glory to make it a bit easier to bear. Ron is a selfish person when it comes to basketball. All he cares about is himself, so whatever he's doing now is just him trying to raise his value as a commodity. If the Maloofs are really smart, I say they trade Ron, package him with some unwanted contracts the Kings have and get the best value when Ron's at his peak. The buzz and interest of Ron coming to Sacto will wear out sooner or later anyway. It's best to address that than wait for his sanity to wear off first. no trust me, peja will let you down sonner or later most likely sooner when hes throwing up airballs in big games. its a risk for both teams. we all know that. and we also know its a bigger risk for the kings. but he like our system better then that slow garbage you guys do. and he really likes getting the ball at the end of games. we have been running the offense through him in the fourth quarter and he has produced every time. something peja wasnt allowed to do here because adelman knew it was impossible to give peja the ball at the end of games. most of the games you guys have won with peja have been blowouts so ypou havent gotten the chance to see him in close games. but the game against the spurs was a glimpse of whats gonna happen. you guys are gonna lose alot more close games as the season goes on because peja is a first half guy. remember wen peja was an MVP candidate in the 2003-2004 seaon and played fantastic basketball? well in the second half of the season he was terrible and couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat. hes a nice guy and i would like him to take my daughter out to dinner if i had one but on the court in pressure situations he doesnt produce. all the peja homers like to bring up peja hitting those shots in the timberwolves series but seem to forget what happened when he took the last shot in overtime. he jumped in to trenton hassel and tried to draw a foul instead of shooting like he normally would. the guy is almost seven feet tall and he never tries to post up! rick fox, trenton hassel, ruben patterson, bruce bowen and a whole bunch of other guys have shut him down so many times in the past. hes an average rebounder and a good defender. unlike most kings fans i know peja is a a pretty good defensive player. but the main problem with him is hes scared of big game situations. and i know you guys agree with me and know everything i said is true. just like i believe you guys when you say artest is koo koo for co co puffs.

btowncolt
02-15-2006, 01:53 PM
This isn't patronizing.

Jumper
02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Only thing I am worried about is Sacto trying to sue the Pacers once Ron blows up for delivering them damaged goods.

KINGS FAN
02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Ron had 14 rebounds last night??!!...thats more than he's had the last two seasons combined. yea hes doing everything better then i expected thats for sure.

DeAthrow
02-15-2006, 02:11 PM
yea hes doing everything better then i expected thats for sure.

You are getting a tad bit too annoying for my taste. You better worry about Ron "Nutcase" Artest and let Pacers fans "worry" about Peja.

It's funny how you brought up that Seattle game but conveniently avoided to mention what happened to Peja in the beginning of the second half.

If you don't want to be taken as a troll stop acting like one.

Outlaw
02-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Peja won't go to Chicago. They are looking for a post up player not a small forward.They already have two small fowards in Deng & Nocioni (sp?).

They will go after someone like Al Harrington.IMO :cool:

PacerFan31
02-15-2006, 02:40 PM
LMAO at this Kings fan.

Did he ever see Ron in the playoffs when he was with us? Talking about Peja buckling under pressure sure, I've seen that as well. But to say that Peja is going to do it is like saying Ron will go without another meltdown somewhere. WOW!

Ignorance.

LjuboDaMan
02-15-2006, 02:41 PM
but now that peja is gone we can actually make big shots down the stretch of games.

i dont see how peja was in a way of making big shots ... everyone except him was shooting that ball at the end of the game

he was either ignored or most of the time he was well defended

Knucklehead Warrior
02-15-2006, 02:47 PM
So far it sounds like we're both pretty happy. Win-win.
Time to move on.

Moses
02-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Honestly, Just put a long and lean defender on Artest (IE Prince) and watch him shoot 33% and miss tons of easy layups.

I'll take a guy that misses some shots in the playoffs over a guy that almost causes an entire team not to make the playoffs. Oh, Great win against the bulls last night..Playoffs here you come!! You beat one of the sub-.500 Eastern Conference teams in overtime and you still think the Kings are going to make the playoffs? Aren't they still like 7-10 games under .500?

ChicagoJ
02-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm not worried at all about Peja in the clutch.

He's either (1) going to be coming off three screens, catching the ball in stride, and going right into his shooting motion; or (2) watching JO score in the post, waiting for the kick-out that will never come (and shouldn't come, unless JO is getting triple-teamed.)

Either way, his over-hyped failures in Sacremento at crunch time are a low priority in our system.

piksi
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
no trust me, peja will let you down sonner or later most likely sooner when hes throwing up airballs in big games. its a risk for both teams. we all know that. and we also know its a bigger risk for the kings. but he like our system better then that slow garbage you guys do. and he really likes getting the ball at the end of games. we have been running the offense through him in the fourth quarter and he has produced every time. something peja wasnt allowed to do here because adelman knew it was impossible to give peja the ball at the end of games. most of the games you guys have won with peja have been blowouts so ypou havent gotten the chance to see him in close games. but the game against the spurs was a glimpse of whats gonna happen. you guys are gonna lose alot more close games as the season goes on because peja is a first half guy. remember wen peja was an MVP candidate in the 2003-2004 seaon and played fantastic basketball? well in the second half of the season he was terrible and couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat. hes a nice guy and i would like him to take my daughter out to dinner if i had one but on the court in pressure situations he doesnt produce. all the peja homers like to bring up peja hitting those shots in the timberwolves series but seem to forget what happened when he took the last shot in overtime. he jumped in to trenton hassel and tried to draw a foul instead of shooting like he normally would. the guy is almost seven feet tall and he never tries to post up! rick fox, trenton hassel, ruben patterson, bruce bowen and a whole bunch of other guys have shut him down so many times in the past. hes an average rebounder and a good defender. unlike most kings fans i know peja is a a pretty good defensive player. but the main problem with him is hes scared of big game situations. and i know you guys agree with me and know everything i said is true. just like i believe you guys when you say artest is koo koo for co co puffs.

You call Yourself a Kings fan:rolleyes:

Mourning
02-15-2006, 04:55 PM

You don't talk about things that don't exist

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

02-15-2006, 09:55 PM
THIS THREAD = :unimpress

02-15-2006, 11:15 PM
thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard. clutch players hit shots no matter what the defense is doing. lokk at what reggie miller did back in the day. everyone knew he was getting the ball but still couldnt stop him. the fact is peja is not mentally tough. you know it and i know it. he hasnt played the same since his friend vlade left which is a shame. and most of his playoff performances have been terrible. it is very easy to shut down a guy like peja in the playoffs or in the fourth quarter because he cant create his own shot! and when you need someone besides jermaine to make a clutch shot at the end of games and pass it to peja dont expect good results. like i said before i love peja and i understand why you guys hate ron because of all the dumb thing hes done to your franchise. but the kings fans are not the only fans that have to worry, its you guys to. because if your second option isnt a clutch player and is very soft then its very tough to win games trust me.;)

First of all, learn some grammar before even mentioning the word "stupid" at the same time.

Second of all, it looks like im probably older than you and it looks like you probably dont know who i am. Let me introduce myself to you, my name is Denis and i live here in Serbia, im 25 years old and play Pro bball for this league http://www.yuba.org.yu/. I have played & followed basketball since i was a child and my father was a baller to. I have seen Predrag Stojakovic play since his High School years until today...

If you still dont understand, my point is that i just wanted to tell you how "stupid" it is from me to say that Peja is "Clutch", but you are right.. how could i know!? How could i know when YOU are the "KINGS FAN" and have seen everything that Peja can do and have bigger knowledge than me?

lokk at what reggie miller did back in the day. everyone knew he was geting the ball but still couldnt stop him

Some clutch shooters:

THERE IS THREE WAYS OF BEING A SUCCESFULL CLUTCH SHOOTER:
(this is not in a random order, nr1 is the best)

1. BRAINS AT WORK: (the style almost NOBODY today is using because almost NOBODY wants to use 100% of their brains/patience/footwork/experience i guess, Richard Hamilton is using it a slightly bit, the most deadly one)
EXAMPLE: REGGIE MILLER: "WORKING WITHOUT THE BALL"
Reggie was arguably the best screen / foul abuser at late situations, people would only have to touch him and he would start acting it up and make it look like a flagrant foul while hitting a 3 Pointer at the same time (sure it seems cheap, but it is true Artistry). Sometimes they would even punch/push/grab/hold/kick him for real and he would still get back up and play even harder, Reggie LIVED for that and that gave him ENERGY and made him hot, sound like a Movie i know, but somehow it Actually did made him hit ALL his shots (watch the 90s Pacers-Knicks games). No man in basketball history have the same style and play like him at the same time in late game situations... thats why he is my favourite player. (i could go on much longer)

2. ATHLETICISM/TALENT AT WORK: (the style kobe, wade, lebron and even a Yao Ming player are using because its the easiest)
MICHAEL JORDAN STYLE: MJ was also a clutch shooter (doh!), the greatest overall basketball player ever no doubt... in late situations he would often just use PURE basketball athleticism, talents and experience to get it done. Jump/shoot/ballhog/ over people and If someone would touch him, he wouldnt have to do like Reggie and draw all fouls somehow, he just WOULD get the foul because he is MJ!

3. THE ACCURATE LONG DISTANCE CATAPULT: (the style kyle korver is using, can be very Effective or a teamkiller)
PEJA STOJAKOVIC STYLE: Yes.. literally!! Its SILENT, never says anything, its only there to make massive DAMAGE. You plant it outside long distance from the Target and you Pray. It can be destroyed easily tho.. big weakness. Much risks has to be taken. It can be even deadlier than the NR1 sometimes...

PEJA IS NR3, but.. he have changed lately, he is playing for the Pacers (where nr1 style player was for 20 years) and he is using the same plays that was given to Reggie Miller. It works well if you have seen tonights game? I have to also add that its fitting him much better this way, better than when he played for the KINGS. That could also be a point to why he was traded...

DeAthrow
02-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Artest tonight 10pts (4-20 :-o ) 6 rebs, 5 steals

Kings lose.

Peja tonight 20 pts (8-17) 7 rebs 3 steals

Pacers win.

Who's worried now?

Kingsfanbmiller
02-16-2006, 02:55 AM

Kings lose.

Peja tonight 20 pts (8-17) 7 rebs 3 steals

Pacers win.

Who's worried now?

You sure you're a kings fan?

Pacesetter
02-16-2006, 03:19 AM

yeah he sounds more like a "Pacers" (fair weather) fan ... :-o :-o ;)

Kingsfanbmiller
02-16-2006, 03:34 AM
yeah he sounds more like a "Pacers" (fair weather) fan ... :-o :-o ;)

I was asking because he posts on kingsfans.com a lot.

denyfizle
02-16-2006, 03:43 AM
no trust me, peja will let you down sonner or later most likely sooner when hes throwing up airballs in big games. its a risk for both teams. we all know that. and we also know its a bigger risk for the kings. but he like our system better then that slow garbage you guys do. and he really likes getting the ball at the end of games. we have been running the offense through him in the fourth quarter and he has produced every time. something peja wasnt allowed to do here because adelman knew it was impossible to give peja the ball at the end of games. most of the games you guys have won with peja have been blowouts so ypou havent gotten the chance to see him in close games. but the game against the spurs was a glimpse of whats gonna happen. you guys are gonna lose alot more close games as the season goes on because peja is a first half guy. remember wen peja was an MVP candidate in the 2003-2004 seaon and played fantastic basketball? well in the second half of the season he was terrible and couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat. hes a nice guy and i would like him to take my daughter out to dinner if i had one but on the court in pressure situations he doesnt produce. all the peja homers like to bring up peja hitting those shots in the timberwolves series but seem to forget what happened when he took the last shot in overtime. he jumped in to trenton hassel and tried to draw a foul instead of shooting like he normally would. the guy is almost seven feet tall and he never tries to post up! rick fox, trenton hassel, ruben patterson, bruce bowen and a whole bunch of other guys have shut him down so many times in the past. hes an average rebounder and a good defender. unlike most kings fans i know peja is a a pretty good defensive player. but the main problem with him is hes scared of big game situations. and i know you guys agree with me and know everything i said is true. just like i believe you guys when you say artest is koo koo for co co puffs.

That's the thing dude, we don't need Peja to hit big shots for us. It must be so frustrating to have seen your Kings choke away your glory years, but here in Pacerland we rely on our defense to win games that's why when we added a little bit more of offense from Peja, it was enough to elevate our team to blow out the opposition. I get that you're still hurting when Peja, Doug Christie, CWebb and the greatest Kings team ever built just wasted it all back in your hayday. See the thing is, that's not something we worry about here. We've had the privilege of having the most clutch player in the 90's not named Michael Jordan in Reggie Miller and the confidence of being run by one of the greatest clutch players of all time in Larry Bird. It rubs in you know? I guess that is why we aren't so pessimistic about that department. As long as Peja does his part to help the team win, that is mighty fine with us. No need for heroics. Just not crazy, lunatic shinanigans like Artest did that disrupted the whole team chemistry. And trust me, if you're relying on a nut like RonRon for heroics, MAN! are you up for a surprise. Artest clutch? Please homie. We loved his physical play, effort, defense etc. But Artest being clutch??? LOL :laugh:

Will Galen
02-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Some of us don't read posts that are one long paragraph. To hard to read without breaks.

Just thought a couple people should know that.

DeAthrow
02-16-2006, 08:58 AM

Yes I am, I just cannot stand when people are bashing Peja without any substantial arguments. I am a Kings and I was firmly against the trade. Tick tock tick tock....you know what I mean ;)

Evan_The_Dude
02-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Some of us don't read posts that are one long paragraph. To hard to read without breaks.

Yeah I pretty much skip over those, it gets quite annoying.
I thought I'd also point out that Peja has the help of Larry Bird here. Who did he have in Sacto?

PacerMan
02-16-2006, 09:22 AM

Kings lose.

And Lord knows what went on in the lockerroom afterwards.......

PacerMan
02-16-2006, 09:26 AM

Some of us choose to write in the style we are accustomed to and don't really care if not everyone reads them. (don't mean that snottily :)

DeAthrow
02-16-2006, 09:31 AM
And Lord knows what went on in the lockerroom afterwards.......

DOn't get me wrong I do hope he pans out for the Kings but smart money is on Ron blowing up. If the Kings can package him with one of the "Philly three" and get something decent in return before he goes "Ron" then the trade was worth it.

fwpacerfan
02-17-2006, 07:57 AM
idontunderstandwhypeopledontliketoreadintelligentp oststhatdontinclude
capitalizationpunctuationproperspellingandcorrectg rammar

DeAthrow
02-17-2006, 09:02 AM
idontunderstandwhypeopledontliketoreadintelligentp oststhatdontinclude
capitalizationpunctuationproperspellingandcorrectg rammar

idontunderstanditeither.

KINGS FAN
02-17-2006, 01:11 PM
idontunderstanditeither. whydoespejasuck:laugh:

Moses
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
whydoesartestsuck:laugh:
Fixed.

PacerMan
02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah I pretty much skip over those, it gets quite annoying.
I thought I'd also point out that Peja has the help of Larry Bird here. Who did he have in Sacto?

Well it's not for the computer games generation, that's for sure. For those that actually read books and such, it's not so tough. ;)

RWB
02-17-2006, 01:41 PM
whydoespejasuck:laugh:

Seriously Kings Fan, you're on the wrong forum. You want ......
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=11

I believe you'll enjoy it more than this forum.

Fireball Kid
02-17-2006, 06:39 PM

Seriously, learn some grammer. Otherwise, go to Indystar.

Lord Helmet
02-17-2006, 06:48 PM
:rolleyes:

You think Artest will change? Hmmm, I thought he would change about three or four times before I got the hint. He always finds ways to prove you wrong. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll do something. Not that I hope he does, but I say this, since you seem to come on here and try to "**** on the parade" so to speak and it's really annoying.

You keep talking about how Peja chokes and "sucks", you just wait.