PDA

View Full Version : OT: Whatcha get your sweetie?

Harddrive7
02-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Yes, I'm starting another thread on this to not hijack PG

I got BIG time brownie points this year.

My wife's birthday was last week and I had a portrait done of all 4 of the kids (unreal likeness BTW) For V-day she got one of those Vermont bears and a dozen roses. 1st year for the dozen roses, I usually get just regular flowers.

She usually gets the (2) little ones ready for the sitters in the morning, so I got up while she was in the shower and put her card in the littlest ones hands while he slept. He actually hung onto it until she got in there.

HD7 GOOOOOOOOOD hubby...pant, pant, pant...

Hicks, I know you'll need to move this, I just didn't think it would get a lot of action over there to start with.

Harmonica
02-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Thankfully I'm with a woman who finds Valentine's Day as ludicrous as I do.

MagicRat
02-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Thankfully I'm with a woman who finds Valentine's Day as ludicrous as I do.

I thought maybe you got her that nice fur coat........

Slick Pinkham
02-14-2006, 10:43 AM
chocolates

and a dozen roses in a vase delivered from proflowers.com

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 11:25 AM
I let her talk back to me. Just once.

Skaut_Ech
02-14-2006, 12:22 PM
I let her talk back to me. Just once.

OMG!! Stop it!! :tip::lol:

My wife and I don't buy into the Valentine's hype machine, either.

Why?

Because every day is Valentine's at OUR house. :)

:nod:

:mygod:

:puke:

heywoode
02-14-2006, 12:23 PM
chocolates

and a dozen roses in a vase delivered from proflowers.com

So, did you get the Bob and Tom special?!

Also, for those who don't celebrate it, why does it have to be about the romantic products companies conspiring to steal your money at the premise of guilt for not recognizing your love of someone? Can't it, for once, be about enjoying life and not being a non-conformist for the sake of non-conformity?

I swear, if I took life that seriously, I would probably jump off a building.

Halloween is dumb too, but the kids sure get a kick out of dressing up and getting to know our neighbors a little better, while enhancing our sense of community.

Look for the positives!!

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes that whole angle of thinking gets to me a little. Not a personal attack on anyone; in fact, I completely support everyone's ability to make their own choices.

Slick Pinkham
02-14-2006, 12:27 PM
So, did you get the Bob and Tom special?!

Dan Patrick special.

free vase, free chocolates, dozen roses for 39.99, tax and delivery made it $54 I think.

I would have paid 35-40 for the roses alone at a florist here so I thought it was a deal.

Skaut_Ech
02-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Okay, I don't mean to offend you guys, but don't you feel like Pavlovian robots?

Valentines Day!

*ding*

..must buy roses...must buy chocolates....must buy teddy bear....

It's gone beyond being a cliche. Talk about marketers having people trained to a tee.

heywoode
02-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Dan Patrick special.

free vase, free chocolates, dozen roses for 39.99, tax and delivery made it $54 I think.

I would have paid 35-40 for the roses alone at a florist here so I thought it was a deal.

SWEET!

I got the B&T special, which was two dozen, field cut yesterday (as far as I know!) roses, free vase. Delivered to me for $54.

I had them delivered to me first because my wife works in the same building as me, and I wanted to personally deliver them when I asked her to go to lunch with me today. Also, I had a feeling that they would come all unromantically packed in a cardboard box, so I wanted to arrange them and make them look purty before I gave them to her...

heywoode
02-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Okay, I don't mean to offend you guys, but don't you feel like Pavlovian robots?

Valentines Day!

*ding*

It's gone beyond being a cliche. Talk about marketers having people trained to a tee.

Thanks for validating my point. I buy my wife flowers on this day because I like to see the look on her face when I walk into her office with them.

Who cares who came up with the holiday? It makes my wife happy....I'm not going to stop doing it because I feel "manipulated". It's my choice to do it, and your choice to not.

Cripes.

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 12:35 PM

Valentines Day!

*ding*

I ended my 5 year relationship 2 days before instead. Almost the same thing, really.

Doug
02-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Dozen roses. Stopped at Costco yesterday on the way home from work. $14, and they look like pretty good flowers.

Harddrive7
02-14-2006, 12:37 PM

Valentines Day!

*ding*

No, it's simply that one time of year that you can take time out and make it special for the one you love. What's arong with that?

Don't feel bad that you're not in the Valentine's business and you're missing out on making all of that money.

Pacersfan46
02-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't have a "sweetie".

I'm actually pretty damn happy about it. Women are more of a hassle than they're worth most of the time.

Skaut_Ech
02-14-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm all for the special part, but if you're like every other guy, chocolates/teddy bear/roses, how special is that? :confused:

Special to me is, well, doing something special, not the exact same thing every other guy in the country is doing.

Okay, I don't mean to sound all curmudgeony, but making it a special day to me means, well......doing something special. Frex, One Valentine's day, I made a video slideshow with photos of all the vacations we've taken. I put it on DVD.

Another year, I gave her a certificate for a pedicure/mainicure and booked a flight for a trip to her favorite vacation spot with a handmade certificate annoucing the flight.

There are so many georgous flowers out there, why roses? Cause the TV tells you to? Man, there are some inexpensive, beautiful flowers out there that would really surprise her and touch her. Roses? The ultimate cliche to me.

I love the concept of Valentine's day. I hate the concept of the no brainer gift pack. How is that special? When I say I don't buy into the Valentine's hype machine, I mean I don't buy into having marketrs tell you what to get her. Be creative! If it's so infrequent that you buy her flowers that roses on Valetine's Day is special, maybe some of you'd better re-think things. (okay, THAT will get them going.)

(LOL, I know I'm probably pissing off a ton of guys....:stirthepo)

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 12:57 PM
I just barfed a little in my mouth. Thanks, Skaut.

Stryder
02-14-2006, 01:02 PM
A cd, a dvd, a book, a boyd's bear, flowers, and a nice dinner.

Kstat
02-14-2006, 01:07 PM
scented candle.

again, she finds valentine's day stupid also, but I couldn't in good concience not get her anything...

Suaveness
02-14-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm all alooone in the world.....

Kstat
02-14-2006, 01:21 PM
I am single right now, but I got a good friend of mine one of those Vermont Teddy Bears, sent it to her at college....

$50 for a freakin teddy bear..i cant stand those things.

Kstat
02-14-2006, 01:34 PM
$50? I wish. That would have been real nice if they were that cheap.

They went up in price this year?

cramerica
02-14-2006, 01:38 PM
I plan on making dinner for my wife. Nothing special, but I don't ever cook so it will be a real shock when she gets home to find I actually made dinner for her and it's not Olive Garden.

cramerica
02-14-2006, 01:40 PM
BTW, I'm like most of you, I think this day is a crock.

sweabs
02-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I ended my 5 year relationship 2 days before instead. Almost the same thing, really.

You're awesome.

(You gotta stop making me laugh out loud in the library).

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 02:07 PM
You're awesome.

(You gotta stop making me laugh out loud in the library).

There's nothing awesome about tearing apart someone's life. You're a terrible person, and I don't think I can ever type to you again.

Troy Murphy sucks.

Harmonica
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks for validating my point. I buy my wife flowers on this day because I like to see the look on her face when I walk into her office with them.

Who cares who came up with the holiday? It makes my wife happy....I'm not going to stop doing it because I feel "manipulated". It's my choice to do it, and your choice to not.

Cripes.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Pavlovian. :-p

Harmonica
02-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I thought maybe you got her that nice fur coat........

Owee...

Kstat
02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
It seems like every girl I date's birthday is no less than 12 months after mine...

Since86
02-14-2006, 02:30 PM
I bought Keith Urban tickets for her. The concert was Sun. night, and he put on a great show.

Kstat
02-14-2006, 03:44 PM
:confused:

A failed attempt to be Yogi-esque.

Slick Pinkham
02-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Nobody buys flowers anymore.

The flower shops are too crowded.

317Kim
02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I dont have a sweetie or sweetheart but I gave away some valentines today :)

SoupIsGood
02-14-2006, 05:05 PM
No sweetie for me! :kickcan:

SoupIsGood
02-14-2006, 05:05 PM
A failed attempt to be Yogi-esque.

I liked it.

MagicRat
02-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I dont have a sweetie or sweethard but I gave away some valentines today :)

Hmmmmmm.........:peek:

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 05:13 PM

Gettin' any free pizza tonight?

Or just waiting for the next forum party to exchange Valentine's?

317Kim
02-14-2006, 05:18 PM
:laugh: Just noticed a spelled "Sweetheart" waaaaay wrong.

heywoode
02-14-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm all for the special part, but if you're like every other guy, chocolates/teddy bear/roses, how special is that? :confused:

Not sure about the chocolates and teddy bears thing, but if her favorite flowers are roses, what's wrong with that? I guess she is manipulated by the media to like roses and she should automatically NOT like them because they are a cliche....That's about the dumbest thing I've ever read. I've been with her for 11 years, 9 of them in marriage. I have a pretty good idea about what makes her happy. Respecting the tradition of getting her favorite flowers for her on Valentine's Day...yeah, I must be the dumbest, most easily swayed person on the planet.

Special to me is, well, doing something special, not the exact same thing every other guy in the country is doing.

Like I care what anyone else is doing for their wives. That's like saying if everyone else is getting her a big steaming turd, that is what I would do to, just because those insanely clever marketers are telling me to get her a turd.

Okay, I don't mean to sound all curmudgeony, edit(but I'm going to anyway) but making it a special day to me means, well......doing something special. Frex, One Valentine's day, I made a video slideshow with photos of all the vacations we've taken. I put it on DVD.

I take 200-300 pictures a month. I make slideshows and burn them to dvd for everyone in my family all the time....YAWN.<YAWN>

Another year, I gave her a certificate for a pedicure/mainicure and booked a flight for a trip to her favorite vacation spot with a handmade certificate annoucing the flight.

Those damn marketers convinced you that your wife would like someone else doing her nails for her, or that wasting money on fancy toe/fingernails was a good idea, huh?
The flight to a favorite vacation spot is not bad, but we usually save our vacations that require a flight for our anniversary, not such an insignificant, marketed holiday as Valentine's Day. We would rather spend our money on the good stuff for a date that means more to us personally.

There are so many georgous flowers out there, why roses?

Again, she LOVES them. Man, what a weak minded fool she must be...to love roses because a TV told her to rather than because she and her mother grew several different varieties in their flower garden when she was growing up, or anything foolish like that.

Cause the TV tells you to?

Boy, you really have a keen sense of.....jumping to conclusions

Man, there are some inexpensive, beautiful flowers out there that would really surprise her and touch her. Roses? The ultimate cliche to me.

I buy my wife flowers of this variety all the time....Not every week or every other, but maybe when I know from talking to her that it has been a particularly tough day for her, or she has done something really sweet for me, or just because something that day reminded me of how much I love her.

I love the concept of Valentine's day. I hate the concept of the no brainer gift pack. How is that special?

Now, this statement I can actually agree with. I don't like a no-brainer gift pack. I don't care for the guys that buy their stuff the day before Valentine's Day, or do it at Wal-Mart after browsing for about two minutes. Of course, I don't jump to conclusions and be judgmental, because maybe a Wal-Mart gift is all they can afford that year, or maybe they are so busy being a good husband and father, and working two or three jobs to provide for their families, that maybe the night before was the only time they had...

When I say I don't buy into the Valentine's hype machine, I mean I don't buy into having marketrs tell you what to get her. Be creative!

The be creative part is great, assuming that someone has fallen victim to the "evil marketers" is something else entirely.

If it's so infrequent that you buy her flowers that roses on Valetine's Day is special, maybe some of you'd better re-think things. (okay, THAT will get them going.)

That was not necessary. I won't really resond to the meat of that statement because it is insulting.

(LOL, I know I'm probably pissing off a ton of guys....:stirthepo)
No, just me, probably. I really had no desire to go off like this on a day that I am usually happy to be celebrating the fact that I'm in love with someone who is the mother of my children, and someone I consider to be the most beautiful woman on the planet.

But since you need to stir the pot and be judgemental, I figured I might as well respond. Next time, maybe save the empty rhetoric and jumping to conclusions for the Politics board.

The main thing that annoyed me about your ranting in this thread was that it just had to come on a day when people are generally happy and thinking about someone other than themselves for a change. It just seemed like you were pissing on our parade, and I take exception with that.

No personal attacks included. I don't know you at all, let alone well enough to make statements about the person you are. Reading statements like you made in this thread leads me to draw some initial conclusions about you, but I certainly don't want to jump to any.

Hope you can see this post for what it was; one guy defending his right to make his own choices and not be chided or judged for them.

:cool: , and also :)

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 05:26 PM
:fight:

heywoode
02-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Pavlovian. :-p

The smilie really doesn't take the sting out of that statement. Maybe I'm a little worked up after coming up with the previous post, but WOW.

grace
02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
I am doing this to mess with her mind, though. If someone tries to play me, I dont forget about it. Im like an elephant, I never forget.

Which her are you talking about? I'm not an elephant therefore I forget.

MagicRat
02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
:laugh: Just noticed a spelled "Sweetheart" waaaaay wrong.

I just noticed you spelled "I" wrong.....:-p

317Kim
02-14-2006, 05:30 PM
:banghead: TOO MUCH CANDY/CHOCOLATE :kickcan:

MagicRat
02-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Gettin' any free pizza tonight?

Or just waiting for the next forum party to exchange Valentine's?

Look, free tickets!
:buttkick:

Lord Helmet
02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Don't have one..........

btowncolt
02-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Don't have one..........

:peek:

Hmmmmmm?

317Kim
02-14-2006, 06:00 PM
:lmao:

I told you so! :-p

Raskolnikov
02-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Hmmmmmm.........:peek:<!-- / message -->

Hmmmmmm?

Hmmmmm???? :peek:

Lord Helmet
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
:laugh: @ btown.

SoupIsGood
02-14-2006, 06:05 PM
:love:

317Kim
02-14-2006, 06:07 PM
I wanna PEEK!

SoupIsGood
02-14-2006, 06:08 PM
I wanna PEEK!

:tsk:

317Kim
02-14-2006, 06:09 PM
:tongue: LOSER! :loser:

obnoxiousmodesty
02-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Love is in the air!

SoupIsGood
02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
:tongue: LOSER! :loser:

"hardy har har"

Lord Helmet
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
:love:
Heeeeeey there..........

317Kim
02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Soup + Lord Helmet = :love: and :whip:

SoupIsGood
02-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Heeeeeey there..........

*bats eyelashes*

:blush:

N8R
02-14-2006, 06:18 PM
I gave my GF a Chilidog

Skaut_Ech
02-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Not sure about the chocolates and teddy bears thing, but if her favorite flowers are roses, what's wrong with that? I guess she is manipulated by the media to like roses and she should automatically NOT like them because they are a cliche....That's about the dumbest thing I've ever read. I've been with her for 11 years, 9 of them in marriage. I have a pretty good idea about what makes her happy. Respecting the tradition of getting her favorite flowers for her on Valentine's Day...yeah, I must be the dumbest, most easily swayed person on the planet.

Like I care what anyone else is doing for their wives. That's like saying if everyone else is getting her a big steaming turd, that is what I would do to, just because those insanely clever marketers are telling me to get her a turd.

I take 200-300 pictures a month. I make slideshows and burn them to dvd for everyone in my family all the time....YAWN.<yawn>

Those damn marketers convinced you that your wife would like someone else doing her nails for her, or that wasting money on fancy toe/fingernails was a good idea, huh?
The flight to a favorite vacation spot is not bad, but we usually save our vacations that require a flight for our anniversary, not such an insignificant, marketed holiday as Valentine's Day. We would rather spend our money on the good stuff for a date that means more to us personally.

Again, she LOVES them. Man, what a weak minded fool she must be...to love roses because a TV told her to rather than because she and her mother grew several different varieties in their flower garden when she was growing up, or anything foolish like that.

Boy, you really have a keen sense of.....jumping to conclusions

I buy my wife flowers of this variety all the time....Not every week or every other, but maybe when I know from talking to her that it has been a particularly tough day for her, or she has done something really sweet for me, or just because something that day reminded me of how much I love her.

Now, this statement I can actually agree with. I don't like a no-brainer gift pack. I don't care for the guys that buy their stuff the day before Valentine's Day, or do it at Wal-Mart after browsing for about two minutes. Of course, I don't jump to conclusions and be judgmental, because maybe a Wal-Mart gift is all they can afford that year, or maybe they are so busy being a good husband and father, and working two or three jobs to provide for their families, that maybe the night before was the only time they had...

The be creative part is great, assuming that someone has fallen victim to the "evil marketers" is something else entirely.

That was not necessary. I won't really resond to the meat of that statement because it is insulting.

No, just me, probably. I really had no desire to go off like this on a day that I am usually happy to be celebrating the fact that I'm in love with someone who is the mother of my children, and someone I consider to be the most beautiful woman on the planet.

But since you need to stir the pot and be judgemental, I figured I might as well respond. Next time, maybe save the empty rhetoric and jumping to conclusions for the Politics board.

The main thing that annoyed me about your ranting in this thread was that it just had to come on a day when people are generally happy and thinking about someone other than themselves for a change. It just seemed like you were pissing on our parade, and I take exception with that.

No personal attacks included. I don't know you at all, let alone well enough to make statements about the person you are. Reading statements like you made in this thread leads me to draw some initial conclusions about you, but I certainly don't want to jump to any.

Hope you can see this post for what it was; one guy defending his right to make his own choices and not be chided or judged for them.

:cool: , and also :)

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

LMAO....you are taking things way too personal and taking things way more seriously than I presented it or anyone else is taking it. I am jokingly chiding everyone and teasing. Enjoy a chocolate, smell a rose and enjoy your special, special day. No way I should have any impact on it. Come now. :hug2::pillow::girlfight
</yawn>

pollardfreek
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
I gave my GF a Chilidog

:-o. I thought this was a PG board.

sweabs
02-14-2006, 08:34 PM
I gave my GF a Chilidog

:spitout::laugh:

You're so thoughtful.

Jermaniac
02-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Jagged Edge CD,Flowers,Candy,some stupid bear that cost me 25 dollars, took her out to eat.

I hate this damn day.

Jermaniac
02-14-2006, 08:41 PM

Hmmmmmm?Good God LMAOOOOOOOOO

Pacersfan46
02-14-2006, 08:43 PM

Aaaah hahahahahahahaha

I'm keeping my mouth shut. :laugh:

Pacersfan46
02-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm reinterating with a double post that I'm laughing .... very hard ....

:laugh:

MagicRat
02-14-2006, 09:27 PM
I gave my love a cherry that had no stone
I gave my love a chicken that had no bone......

http://garfieldridge.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/national_lampoons_animal_house_03.jpg

heywoode
02-14-2006, 09:37 PM
LMAO....you are taking things way too personal and taking things way more seriously than I presented it or anyone else is taking it. I am jokingly chiding everyone and teasing. Enjoy a chocolate, smell a rose and enjoy your special, special day. No way I should have any impact on it. Come now. :hug2::pillow::girlfight

After all that, you're saying that you were just 'teasing'? You oughta be able to do better than that.

When there are smileys or the obvious tone of teasing present, it's pretty easy to distinguish. There was none of that; only insinuation that anyone who falls for the trappings of mainstream marketing on an obviously commercialized holiday was a Pavlovian robot, etc....

Well, here is exactly how you presented it.....

Valentines Day!
*ding*

Nope, don't see any obvious teasing here.....

I'm all for the special part, but if you're like every other guy, chocolates/teddy bear/roses, how special is that? <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12.75pt; height:18pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\03\cli p_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/images/smilies/confused_pd.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:confused:<!--[endif]-->

Okay, I don't mean to sound all curmudgeony, but making it a special day to me means, well......doing something special. Frex, One Valentine's day, I made a video slideshow with photos of all the vacations we've taken. I put it on DVD.

There are so many georgous flowers out there, why roses? Cause the TV tells you to? Man, there are some inexpensive, beautiful flowers out there that would really surprise her and touch her. Roses? The ultimate cliche to me.

I love the concept of Valentine's day. I hate the concept of the no brainer gift pack. How is that special? When I say I don't buy into the Valentine's hype machine, I mean I don't buy into having marketrs tell you what to get her. Be creative! If it's so infrequent that you buy her flowers that roses on Valetine's Day is special, maybe some of you'd better re-think things. (okay, THAT will get them going.)
(LOL, I know I'm probably pissing off a ton of guys....<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:18.75pt;height:18.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\03\cli p_image002.gif" o:href="http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/images/smilies/stirthepot.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:stirthepo<!--[endif]-->)

If you don't think that is obviously pissing on a parade, then all of this is wasted on you anyway...

Even if it is just me you pissed off, passing it off as joking is a pretty lame way to make amends, let alone posting something patronizing that is aimed at making me feel like I'm the one being a jerk.

If you meant it the way you posted it, oh well. Not the first time I've not enjoyed your posting. I'm just sorry I wasted the time trying to make points countering your statements.

If you meant it the way you say you meant it, you need to do a better job of conveying what you mean.

Either way, it's threads like this and posters like you that make me not post much.

Skaut_Ech
02-14-2006, 10:40 PM
If you meant it the way you posted it, oh well. Not the first time I've not enjoyed your posting. I'm just sorry I wasted the time trying to make points countering your statements.

If you meant it the way you say you meant it, you need to do a better job of conveying what you mean.

Either way, it's threads like this and posters like you that make me not post much.

:cry:

Geez!! Get over it already!! OMG, I can't believe you took the time to repeatedly go line by line dissecting my posts on something only you seemed to have a big problem with. :hissyfit::melodrama Don't like my postings, don't read them. Somehow I'll try and make it through the day....:kickcan::bored:

Unreal.

heywoode
02-14-2006, 10:51 PM
:cry:

Geez!! Get over it already!! OMG, I can't believe you took the time to repeatedly go line by line dissecting my posts on something only you seemed to have a big problem with. :hissyfit::melodrama Don't like my postings, don't read them. Somehow I'll try and make it through the day....:kickcan::bored:

Unreal.

Hard not to read them when they are in direct relation to my own posts.

Does it really matter if it is ONLY me that has a problem? Something tells me that if YOU had the problem, I'd certainly hear about it.

SoupIsGood
02-15-2006, 02:16 AM

jerk... :rolleyes:

Harddrive7
02-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Damn, sorry I started this thread.

Kat
02-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I got obnoxiousmodesty a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's, a six-pack of Mountain Dew, a big heart-shaped Reese's cup, and a bunch of yellow tulips. Romantic, ain't I?

He dropped in my office unexpectedly with double chocolate muffins. And spent the evening at home with me instead of going back to work. Not to mention watching Rent with me at the campus theater last weekend and taking me to try out a new restaurant. Oh, and he wrote me a sonnet (sort of). Am I embarrassing you yet Neal? ;)

Eh, we're broke. And it's the small things that count, right?

Right?

:leaving:

heywoode
02-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I got obnoxiousmodesty a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's, a six-pack of Mountain Dew, a big heart-shaped Reese's cup, and a bunch of yellow tulips. Romantic, ain't I?

He dropped in my office unexpectedly with double chocolate muffins. And spent the evening at home with me instead of going back to work. Not to mention watching Rent with me at the campus theater last weekend and taking me to try out a new restaurant. Oh, and he wrote me a sonnet (sort of). Am I embarrassing you yet Neal? ;)

Eh, we're broke. And it's the small things that count, right?

Right?

:leaving:

Yes, absolutely Kat. All those things sound wonderful! Glad you had a nice day (or few days).

obnoxiousmodesty
02-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Am I embarrassing you yet Neal? ;) Nah, it was a fun few days. And thanks yet again for proving you are the more masculine of the two of us. :uhoh:

Kat
02-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Yes, absolutely Kat. All those things sound wonderful! Glad you had a nice day (or few days).

Thanks, I did. :)

Kat
02-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Nah, it was a fun few days. And thanks yet again for proving you are the more masculine of the two of us. :uhoh:

Who needs proof? Anybody who thinks you wear the pants in this relationship obviously hasn't spent any time with us. ;)

I love being the guy in this relationship. :flex:

Hicks
02-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Who needs proof? Anybody who thinks you wear the pants in this relationship obviously hasn't spent any time with us. ;)

I love being the guy in this relationship. :flex:

Yeah, old news. :D

Gyron
02-15-2006, 05:58 PM
For my wifes valentines day present, I stopped vomiting.....It was a great day. I actually kept 2 saltine crackers and some gatorade down:)

I'm a hopeless romantic:)

beaversnducks311
02-16-2006, 01:39 AM
i sent my sweetie some flowers and a card at his work, and also got him an awesome pizza cutter.

he drove two hours and surprised me last night at my dorm. :D

SycamoreKen
02-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I got my wife a gold birthsotne ring with the stone shaped like a heart. It matches the ear rings and braclet I have gotten her on Christmases past. We then enjoyed a nice grilled steak and lobster dinner at home.

OnlyPacersLeft
02-22-2006, 01:30 PM
I know i'm late on this thread buuuuut....dozen yellow roses (her fav) a thingy of chocolate! a teddy bear...4 baloons....and my own special card....which was a CD with 2 songs+Intro I made for her!
yep! :)

Since86
02-22-2006, 01:37 PM
I know i'm late on this thread buuuuut....dozen yellow roses (her fav) a thingy of chocolate! a teddy bear...4 baloons....and my own special card....which was a CD with 2 songs+Intro I made for her!
yep! :)

Good thing she isn't aware of what yellow roses mean......

Yellow Roses
Yellow roses indicate friendship and freedom -- so don't send them if your intentions are romantic and long-lasting. Yellow roses are also appropriate for sending congratulations to newlyweds, graduates, Texans, and new mothers.

http://honeymoons.about.com/cs/valentinesday/a/Valentine_Roses.htm

sweabs
02-22-2006, 03:56 PM
:-o. I thought this was a PG board.

I heard you gave your girlfriend a snowmobiile.......

btowncolt
02-22-2006, 04:04 PM
I can't believe rcarey hasn't come on here and told you all what I got him. I guess he's shy.

sweabs
02-22-2006, 04:27 PM
I can't believe rcarey hasn't come on here and told you all what I got him. I guess he's shy.

I was hoping for Troy Murphy.